• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

tn2007

KateUpton07.jpg

I'm a boobs man so I can careless about her ass. And her boobs makes up for her ass to me.

Kate%20Upton%20Pics%20Sexy%20Ass.jpg

jayb

At the cost of insulting graphics for the sake of performance (not to mention it doesnt' render the full 256 players on the map. Only the ~32 players in your viewpoint/360 area of a small area... like... half a square mile-in-game).

Oh come on, the graphics weren't that bad. Sure its not up to BF3 par, but I wouldn't call them insulting. The one escalation map with the windmills look fairly good.

I agree though that the way mag separates the platoons helps with the player count.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

PC tanks are so retarded... the main gun is bound to the mouse and it moves at an increased, incredibly unrealistic speed. Fucking baby mode. Yeah real hard to tank pilot when your main gun can turn as fast as an infantry weapon. Taking the reverse camera away from tanks was a pretty big deal for console players, but doesn't matter for PC since you can swing the gun around 180 in under a second. It's almost comical.

I thought PC was supposed to be the hardcore guys...

also... that guy is a fucking retard. Thanks for the common sense bro... "a tank has a main gun and it fires". Wait, what really!? I never knew!

OG Kush

PC tanks are so retarded... the main gun is bound to the mouse and it moves at an increased, incredibly unrealistic speed. Fucking baby mode. Yeah real hard to tank pilot when your main gun can turn as fast as an infantry weapon. Taking the reverse camera away from tanks was a pretty big deal for console players, but doesn't matter for PC since you can swing the gun around 180 in under a second. It's almost comical.

also... that guy is a fucking retard. Thanks for the common sense bro... "a tank has a main gun and it fires". Wait, what really!? I never knew!

what? I recently bought the game oN PC and it actually moves slower on PC for me as you have to constantly pick up your mouse and drag it, whereas on console you can just hold stick left or right.

tn2007

This is part one and two of an eight part series. He is going from basics to advance tactics and he is actually a really smart and tactical guy if you watch his videos. Plus it's harder to drive a tank on PC than on consoles because their are more threats and jets on PC are way more devastating than on consoles.
On consoles you can getaway with no gunner but on PC you HAVE to have a gunner to do extremely well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
B, honey: Stop fucking missing the point of my goddamn spot. AIR! AIR! ENEMY HELICOPTER IN THE AIR!

*you continue to hover over a flag*

Me: ... WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DO-- *GUIDED MISSILED when we could fucking hit them*

Which I did twice when you finally got your head in the air-to-air game. :|

CatPee

This is part one and two of an eight part series. He is going from basics to advance tactics and he is actually a really smart and tactical guy if you watch his videos. Plus it's harder to drive a tank on PC than on consoles because their are more threats and jets on PC are way more devastating than on consoles.
On consoles you can getaway with no gunner but on PC you HAVE to have a gunner to do extremely well.

I can attest to this.

Some people prefer ass while others prefer boobs and etc... But there is nothing wrong with those pics unless you like men.

You gotta cater to Seks too dude. Bring out some male supermodels.

Kak.efes

B, honey: Stop fucking missing the point of my goddamn spot. AIR! AIR! ENEMY HELICOPTER IN THE AIR!

*you continue to hover over a flag*

Me: ... WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DO-- *GUIDED MISSILED when we could fucking hit them*

Which I did twice when you finally got your head in the air-to-air game. :|

As if I'm supposed to know where, or what you spot. If you want to get my attention, you have to open up your mouth and tell me, like JJD does.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

More like Enemy. Tango. Spotted. Tango. Down.

No, but seriously: B is a great pilot and probably is slightly above Abu in skill since he does use the helicopter to pretty good effect SOLO. But his problem is he focuses too much on getting points instead of focusing on the battle. Which, is fine normally. But if we're in a helicopter battle map (AKA: air-to-air) he needs to FOCUS on the fact that helicopters for the enemy can respawn and keeping them down (while avoiding LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK from the infantry) is key to keeping them from taking the flags. The reason we kept getting hit from behind is because as soon as I spotted the helicopter coming from their spawn he was hovering over flags to try to get 200 points instead of getting a 100 vehicle disable + 50 double-kill +25 per kill.

I will say he did give me my air kill medal, so I'm pretty much done worrying about air-kills. And he did give me a good run on that map with a 49 kill/5 death ratio or something like that just running around while I tried my best to hit people as he was flying low and over the map. We did kill a dude when B got out to repair and he landed facing the road and the dude tried to come up to kill us. Which was amazing for me because I run thermals in the gunner seat and was like "OH NO YOU LE DON'T *volly to the face*"
---

Also thinking about it, B is a little too helicopter focused. I joined Faceless and Him on Norshal and while he was flying all over the enemy carrier spawn, our team wasn't capping flags. It was like "WTF are you doing? Come over here and lay some fire on the flags and help us DEFEND and BLEED them."

Isn't player count more of a hardware limitation than a bandwidth issue? Consoles are just too old and weak. They were barely as powerful as average PC's when they launched, and now they're just outdated shit boxes.
but i still love them

more of a bandwidth issue. a DICE dev mentioned they stress tested with upwards of 100 players on console, and the framerate chugged at that point. i'm sure they could do 32 with an acceptable framerate.

Evolved1

more of a bandwidth issue. a DICE dev mentioned they stress tested with upwards of 100 players on console, and the framerate chugged at that point. i'm sure they could do 32 with an acceptable framerate.

Then Sony is pretty dumb for not pressing DICEA to have more players on PS3... it would have been a major advantage for one of the best selling games this side of Call of Duty.

Also... maybe then I would hate jets as much.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Than Sony is pretty dumb for not pressing DICEA to have more players on PS3... it would have been a major advantage for one of the best selling games this side of Call of Duty.

Even 4 more players would make the game better for the bigger maps

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Then Sony is pretty dumb for not pressing DICE to have more players on PS3... it would have been a major advantage for one of the best selling games this side of Call of Duty.

Both consoles have a bunch of bandwidth reserved for the OS. (Trophies, updates, friends list, etc)
The DICE folks have been very open about this limitation.

Than Sony is pretty dumb for not pressing DICEA to have more players on PS3... it would have been a major advantage for one of the best selling games this side of Call of Duty.

pretty sure that EA wants to be able to release their game on Xbox 360 too...

CatPee

Then Sony is pretty dumb for not pressing DICEA to have more players on PS3... it would have been a major advantage for one of the best selling games this side of Call of Duty.

Microsoft's platform-parity policy would've made it impossible for DICE to release their game on 360, thus losing out ~half of the sales. I'm sure they like money.

Kak.efes

More like Enemy. Tango. Spotted. Tango. Down.

No, but seriously: B is a great pilot and probably is slightly above Abu in skill since he does use the helicopter to pretty good effect SOLO. But his problem is he focuses too much on getting points instead of focusing on the battle. Which, is fine normally. But if we're in a helicopter battle map (AKA: air-to-air) he needs to FOCUS on the fact that helicopters for the enemy can respawn and keeping them down (while avoiding LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK from the infantry) is key to keeping them from taking the flags. The reason we kept getting hit from behind is because as soon as I spotted the helicopter coming from their spawn he was hovering over flags to try to get 200 points instead of getting a 100 vehicle disable + 50 double-kill +25 per kill.

I will say he did give me my air kill medal, so I'm pretty much done worrying about air-kills. And he did give me a good run on that map with a 49 kill/5 death ratio or something like that just running around while I tried my best to hit people as he was flying low and over the map. We did kill a dude when B got out to repair and he landed facing the road and the dude tried to come up to kill us. Which was amazing for me because I run thermals in the gunner seat and was like "OH NO YOU LE DON'T *volly to the face*"
---

Also thinking about it, B is a little too helicopter focused. I joined Faceless and Him on Norshal and while he was flying all over the enemy carrier spawn, our team wasn't capping flags. It was like "WTF are you doing? Come over here and lay some fire on the flags and help us DEFEND and BLEED them."

If you think I hover over flags for points, you're wrong. Believe me, anyone who's taken as many RPG's and tank shells to the face as I have would have stopped doing it, but I keep at it, often to my own detriment, in an attempt to keep the other team scrambling. It's not the smartest strategy, but when there's little to no opposition at a specific flag, why not? It puts the onus on the other team to act, and expedites the win for us.

Also, Seks, if you have a speech impediment, I had no idea. It wasn't my intention to seem insensitive. I just figured like most gaffers, you had an aversion to speaking :p

Evolved1

I support chopper pilots who cap flags. yeah sometimes you take an RPG or tank shell... but so what... choppers respawn. Obviously you don't try to get shot down, but shit happens. You try to win the match.

And flying choppers in BF3 is some stressful shit. Especially without friendly air support. They are very powerful, capable machines, but every damn thing can kill you in a chopper. Death literally can come from every angle. All sorts if shit can lock you, and you have to scramble to identify it. Some locks can't be blocked with flares... jets ram you, or hassle you... there are the stinger guys... getting locked by 3rd seat in the tanks is basically a death sentence if you get caught in the open...

If you have a decent gunner with flares, life is a bit easier, but even then it's still tricky. Chopper pilot has to monitor the entire battlefield. Know where the jets are, tanks, engineer stinger-infantry, the other chopper... not only take it out but anticipate when it respawns... it's a lot to keep track of.

I've had some long runs on certain maps, but usually it's just a matter of doing as much damage as you can in the few mins you're in the air... before you get jet rammed or some shit. If you can cap a flag, cap it. See armor? Destroy it. Whatever. Just make a difference while you're airborne.

imo

Kak.efes

I support chopper pilots who cap flags. yeah sometimes you take an RPG or tank shell... but so what... choppers respawn. Obviously you don't try to get shot down, but shit happens. You try to win the match.

And flying choppers in BF3 is some stressful shit. Especially without friendly air support. They are very powerful, capable machines, but every damn thing can kill you in a chopper. Death literally can come from every angle. All sorts if shit can lock you, and you have to scramble to identify it. Some locks can't be blocked with flares... jets ram you, or hassle you... there are the stinger guys... getting locked by 3rd seat in the tanks is basically a death sentence if you get caught in the open...

If you have a decent gunner with flares, life is a bit easier, but even then it's still tricky. Chopper pilot has to monitor the entire battlefield. Know where the jets are, tanks, engineer stinger-infantry, the other chopper... not only take it out but anticipate when it respawns... it's a lot to keep track of.

I've had some long runs on certain maps, but usually it's just a matter of doing as much damage as you can in the few mins you're in the air... before you get jet rammed or some shit. If you can cap a flag, cap it. See armor? Destroy it. Whatever. Just make a difference while you're airborne.

imo

Jet rammers, and random light posts out of nowhere are the most annoying things.

tn2007

I would still have a higher skill than you if I had a PC version

What's up with the IF crap? If I still played on consoles I would have a higher skill than you. See what I did there? Stop posting about skill peasent until you have reached over 1000 skill.

Anyways skill is a stupid stat to compare. Just look at the guy faceless posted about. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Stationary-AA/stats/513908734/
Are you telling me he is better than you and I?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

waypoetic

Banned

olimpia84

I'm on a CQA addiction state lately so please keep that in mind when joining me. I'm playing on that CQA server almost exclusively but I'm sure most of you already noticed it :p

tn2007

it's not important, it's just the only thing that matters.

Lol since GAF team stacks (I do this too) win/loss does not matter that much. Win/loss only matters if you compete in clan battles. All the stats in the game can be boosted someway or another. Kill to death ratio, skill, and to some degree SPM can be boosted by vehicle whoring or teamstacking. SPM can be boost if you play CQ all the time. Win/loss can be boosted by playing weak randoms or teamstacking. Only true competition can really tell how good a player is. Because your peers are the ones that really know how good you are.

For example the best infantry player on GAF PS3 hands down is dawnoflife. But does his K/D say he is the best? No. Best all around player is probably Olimpia but does his SPM or K/D say he is? Nope. What I am trying to say is at the end of the day stats mean shit and they are only their for a prejudgment of how good a player might be. Only playing with and against good players will show how good you really are. And the ones to decide that aren't your stats but your peers.

Lol since GAF team stacks (I do this too) win/loss does not matter that much. Win/loss matters only if you compete in clan battles. Otherwise I can just go to the stack team or quit. All the stats in the game can be boosted someway or another. Only true competition can really tell how good a player is.

The point is that people claim that they don't care about winning/losing or "taking the game too seriously", but then turn around having big fights about "skills".

All stats are useless if you're not winning the game on hand.

WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

My haitus is extending to February of next year btw.
(will play a few games of armored kill)

Top Bottom