• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Massa said:
Also, you guys are seriously playing coop missions? Am I missing something?

You're missing a couple great unlocks. MP7 especially.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Evolved1 said:

That and Mission 4. Probably one of the most fun levels in a shooter I've played in a while.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
That and Mission 4. Probably one of the most fun levels in a shooter I've played in a while.

Which one is four... the sniper mission?

Woorloog

Banned
TheSeks said:
Hit and Run? Really, really great level. Love it. Fast and action packed.

MP7 is good? How is KH2002 by the way?

Evolved1

Woorloog said:
Hit and Run? Really, really great level. Love it. Fast and action packed.

MP7 is good? How is KH2002 by the way?

Imo MP7 is basically the BC2 Uzi. As an Uzi lover this was a great discovery. 60 kills and you get the extended mag. 100 kills you have thermal.

Since running recon with that gun (squad sprint /T-UGS/ beacon) I've gone up 20 pts in SPM. It's pretty mean with the suppressor as well, but I prefer the extra rounds for times I encounter two or more enemies.

TheSeks

Evolved said:
>>Sniper Mission<<

LOL NO.

Woorloog said:
Hit and Run? Really, really great level. Love it. Fast and action packed

Yes, this one. On hard it is fucking amazing. Double so if it's your first time through it. Dream and I cleared it first go on Hard, but we had a few man-downs because of the amount of ammo flying at us.

rdrr gnr

JJD said:
Hey, you're mikeymouse right? It's OK if I add you? Sorry about all my yapping on that Dhanavan game, I thought you were missing the tank!

Also, is proximity chat enabled? I keep yelling and calling enemies at teammates that are not on my squad but are close...it's kinda embarrassing as most of my squad mates must be WTF is that dude saying? :-(
Thanks. Yeah, feel free. I couldn't hear you anyways. VoIP is awful. I am unaware of if GAF ever uses Skype, but I would love to do so.
Evolved1 said:
I'm closing in on 100 ace squad pins. Love gaf.
I'm less than 10 away from the medal. sogood.gif

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
i need to do the co-op missions some day...

They're really annoying on Hard. Mission 3's end ESPECIALLY. >:|

Bruiserk said:
PS3 or 360?

Why do you have to go and reopen wounds!? ;__;

Massa

TheSeks said:
I am an consumer achievement whore.

Dream: And I helped!

That and there is weapon unlocks, one of which is IDKMYBFFG3
?

Evolved1 said:

I suspected trophy whoring on TheSeks part, but that explains the rest of you. :lol

That MP7 would have to be pretty damn good though. And I bet they'd nerf it as soon as I unlocked it, lucky as I am.

Bruiserk said:
I'm so confused. I'm assuming he is in 360, but you want him on ps3?

Yeah, Faceless used to play BC2 on both but the yellow light got to him. If I remember it right he bought a phone or some useless other gadget instead of replacing it, and TheSeks never forgave him since (or something along those lines).

Evolved1

Just played vs gaf with some huge retards. Where the fuck do these mouth breathers come from? God...

Yeah dipshits, you know that spawn beacon I just planted next to the objective? The one behind the enemy defense? The one I got on my first try, while you assholes continue to try and run through the meat grinder? Maybe try spawning on it!? Look at the minimap and actually use the motion sensor I planted?

I join the game, quickly subvert the gaf defense, get the crate... and then somehow they fizzle through 60 tickets in like two minutes. My last death I'm arming the crate. Needed like one more second, but got popped by a gaffer.

Ugh... one more second!!!

Xux

Woorloog said:
Unlocked KH2002 a moment ago but not going to play any more today. Any impressions on the gun? Better than M16 or AK74 (i don't use M416)?
Feels like a burst only M16A3...which makes me wonder how it compares to the M16A4. It has noticeable recoil if you spam it too much but I was killing Engineers trying to shoot at me outside their effective range pretty easily.

TheSeks

Can't be as bad as This game, Evolved. Dude, that top of my team on the leaderboards basically armed by the skin of his teeth while I attempted to sneak in and support. God.

rdrr gnr

3ROZI.png

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Can't be as bad as This game, Evolved. Dude, that top of my team on the leaderboards basically armed by the skin of his teeth while I attempted to sneak in and support. God.

Omg dude gaf just got smoked by some randoms on OP Metro.

I was about to have a freaking meltdown. But I guess I'm as much to blame for that as anyone else. Should have quit while I was ahead, and when I saw Metro come up. I hate that damn map so much.

Worse than anything in BC2 or 1. I would rather play Cold War all day long.

Woorloog

Banned
Xux said:
Feels like a burst only M16A3...which makes me wonder how it compares to the M16A4. It has noticeable recoil if you spam it too much but I was killing Engineers trying to shoot at me outside their effective range pretty easily.
No auto? The customization menu's Description claims it has auto.
Well, i was going to use Assault as mid range soldier anyway. (Engineer and any class with a shotgun or PDW at close range, Recon and Support mid-long)

Evolved1 said:

I was about to have a freaking meltdown. But I guess I'm as much to blame for that as anyone else. Should have quit while I was ahead, and when I saw Metro come up. I hate that damn map so much.

Metro isn't hard, but I give up on it as it is right now. You need at least one recon on every squad to beacon in people/sneak behind. The numerous games where gaf gets owned on metro - the opponents got 3-4 beacons up at all times.

You just can't play that map right now when everyone wanna play enginner all day long.

rdrr gnr

Dreamgazer said:
MINE, THAT IS MINE ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

/me kicks his fucking 6.0

I got to study guys, going to layoff playing as much in the next few weeks. sorry >.>
It's a pathetic 9.5 now because of stupid teammates.

I seriously need to learn how to fly in this game. No one actually flies the darn things. We get in and they jump out as soon as we near an objective. -_-

Ketch

MuseManMike said:
It's a pathetic 9.5 now because of stupid teammates.

yes that last round of rush was so rage inducing, we could have won the second set of MCOMs if it wasn't for the damn lag! And then on the last set our team pretty much gave them the two buildings... we were the only ones holding out there the entire time. ARGH

Anyway I scored over 20k points in that match... wooo yey me

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/2067027/4/215572710/

Xux

Woorloog said:
No auto? The customization menu's Description claims it has auto.
Well, i was going to use Assault as mid range soldier anyway. (Engineer and any class with a shotgun or PDW at close range, Recon and Support mid-long)
Yeah, Battlelog says it has full-auto, too, but in game it's just burst and semi.

JJD

EasyTGT said:
yes that last round of rush was so rage inducing, we could have won the second set of MCOMs if it wasn't for the damn lag! And then on the last set our team pretty much gave them the two buildings... we were the only ones holding out there the entire time. ARGH

That's fucked up. You killed 40 plus guys and you didn't get the squad wipe ribbon???

olimpia84

Evolved1 said:

You guys should have invited me for that game. My game froze right before that Metro round started and didn't feel like joining from the menu cause I figure I would end up in the other team.

JJD

TheSeks said:

Also, I love this game. Dude gets a K/D of 9/29 and is still at the top of the scoreboard!!! If I was that guy I would be proud of myself. I'm serious!

olimpia84

Oh and btw, it sucks so much being ranked high up. Every time I want to join a quick match with randoms I get thrown into the worse possible team available in all the servers like I will be some kind of messiah and turn the table around by myself.

Goodbye W/L ratio...

Evolved1

olimpia84 said:
Oh and btw, it sucks so much being ranked high up. Every time I want to join a quick match with randoms I get thrown into the worse possible team available in all the servers like I will be some kind of messiah and turn the table around by myself.

Goodbye W/L ratio...

lol... and you can never switch sides. "teams would be imbalanced". smh

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
olimpia84 said:

Goodbye W/L ratio...

I like to play alone, so W/L ratio means jack shit to me. The people I play with know I'm really good, that's all that matters.

Evolved1

Alienshogun said:
I like to play alone, so W/L ratio means jack shit to me. The people I play with know I'm really good, that's all that matters.

I cannot stomach losing. I cannot bear it. Or the insufferable retards who bring it on themselves.

Battlefield with randoms is purgatory.

olimpia84

Alienshogun said:

The problem is I hate losing with a passion, especially when you know your team is not giving enough effort.

rdrr gnr

EasyTGT said:

Tell me about it. That was my best round of BF3 yet.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Evolved1 said:
I cannot stomach losing. I cannot bear it. Or the insufferable retards who bring it on themselves.

Battlefield with randoms is purgatory.

Eh, if we lose it's not my fault. I know that, so it's not so bad for me.

olimpia84 said:
The problem is I hate losing with a passion, especially when you know your team is not giving enough effort.

For me games like this and COD are chill mode. I destroy consistently and even if I don't win I know I'm still better than most in the match.

This is different if I'm playing with friends. If I'm playing with friends I expect to win every time, and get annoyed when we don't.

Games like Gears/Halo I rage and take way too seriously because IMO they are way more team focued, but I won't go into that because it will only result in a flame war.

In this context, for me, the more team oriented BF3 becomes for me (more friends/gaffers/etc) the more serious I take it. If I'm alone, it's chill mode, but even for this game with friends, it's still pretty chill.

Ketch

olimpia84 said:

Losing doesn't really bother me, unless it's BS... like the constant lag in a lot of matches just really pisses me off.

Sometimes, especially after playing with you all, I'll go into a pub match with the same "F YEA! HERE WE COME!" mindset... and then spend the next 15 minutes raging hard because I forget how shitty scrubs can be. But then my brain resets and I stop caring again.

Also, Are you guys all chatting on your mics? I'm always talking when I'm in a squad with GAFers but seldom ever hear anyone talking back. Not sure if it's my headset, or the chat volume or shitty voip or just nobody's saying anything.

Evolved1

VOIP is garbage right now... I talk so much I assume it'sannoying everyone. haha

But JJ is a talker too, and I only hear 1/3 of what he's saying because of voip issues. I didn;t hear olimpia at all today.

CatPee

DAT MASS

Also, it's a sad day when Gaffers start teabagging each other, especially when it's done to the only gaffer on the other team who nobody bothers inviting over :(. (Lookin' at you, mikeyMouse or something.)

Evolved1

Oh hey, minhtfresh15... some nice gunning in the chopper. :)

And having olimpia as your clan tag was pretty funny... got a real good laugh out of that. Sorry you were stuck on the other side for so many games though.

CatPee

Evolved1 said:
Oh hey, minhtfresh15... some nice gunning in the chopper. :)

And having olimpia as your clan tag was pretty funny... got a real good laugh out of that. Sorry you were stuck on the other side for so many games though.

I think that's a bug. I once had [ejas] as my clan tag... while he was on the other team. :\

rdrr gnr

CatPee said:
DAT MASS

Also, it's a sad day when Gaffers start teabagging each other, especially when it's done to the only gaffer on the other team who nobody bothers inviting over :(. (Lookin' at you, mikeyMouse or something.)
Haha. Sorry! I was just frustrated at your successful flanking. So I preempted your route. No hard feelings. I'd invite you if you were on my FL. Send me an FR and I will next time!
TheSeks said:
His fucking DAO shotgun pissed the hell out of me on Conquest Metro. "Oh hey where--behind me with the DAO. Wonderful."
You mean the M26 Mass? I got owned badly -- twice -- before I learned my lesson.

TheSeks

MuseManMike said:
You mean the M26 Mass? I got owned badly -- twice -- before I learned my lesson.

Yeah, that. Whatever it is it's better than the first shotgun unlock, which is pretty beastin' on it's own.

Also how does I get Rush Medal? Now I gotta do Conquest despite the fact I don't really like Conquest's maps here.

Evolved1

MuseManMike said:
Haha. Sorry! I was just frustrated at your successful flanking. So I preempted your route. No hard feelings. I'd invite you if you were on my FL. Send me an FR and I will next time!

You mean the M26 Mass?

You are Mouse? Fucker... you had my number in that one Damavand Peak conquest match. Every damn time I tried to get rolling I hit a wall (you). Usually from a direction I wasn't facing. But you 1v1'd me a couple times, so I gotta give you that.

Top Bottom