• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Overdoziz

Banned
Speaking of medals

I finally got my Marine Service medal yesterday.

255 hours later |:
I always wondered why I didn't have either of the US and RU service medals even when I already had about 250 hours put into the game. Are there gametypes where it doesn't assign you a specific country or something? Or is something else going on?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I always wondered why I didn't have either of the US and RU service medals even when I already had about 250 hours put into the game. Are there gametypes where it doesn't assign you a specific country or something? Or is something else going on?

If you're in a vehicle it won't count that time for either team. That's why.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ha yeah, I'm getting it on PS3. I'll add my name to the GAF PS3 list once I get set up. Does PS3 GAF play together often?

There are your regulars probably about 7-10 gaffers on all the time... and then there are more regulars when new DLC of something hits... a spike in activity when some of the usual players come out of hiatus.

I'm in between somewhere... but when the next DLC drops you can count on at least a dozen gaffers on and it might get up to 20'ish during peak time (like the first couple weeks).

Pretty much any time you play though, you can at least fill up a squad. And that's usually enough to win the match.

Your best bet is to get on the FL of those who post in the thread a lot. People still posting are the people still playing. Generally speaking.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
There are your regulars probably about 7-10 gaffers on all the time... and then there are more regulars when new DLC of something hits... a spike in activity when some of the usual players come out of hiatus.

I'm in between somewhere... but when the next DLC drops you can count on at least a dozen gaffers on and it might get up to 20'ish during peak time (like the first couple weeks).

Pretty much any time you play though, you can at least fill up a squad. And that's usually enough to win the match.

Your best bet is to get on the FL of those who post in the thread a lot. People still posting are the people still playing. Generally speaking.

Cool sounds good, will definitely do that then. Gonna have to dust off my old Bluetooth headset too.

stationary medals achieved!

I need to get more handgun ribbons... I still don't have the medal. Which is weird, because if you combine all my kills from the M1911 variants (suppressed, tactical, etc) it's easily my best weapon (last time I checked) and yet no medal!?

I might just have to start running with that as primary and switching to the SMG or whatever for backup. I bet that would surprise some people... "he just spent his handgun, now I got 'em... oh shit what wtf!?"

that's exactly what i started doing to get the last few ribbons for my handgun medal

you expect them to count all that time spent in vehicles and stationary emplacements towards soldier playtime?

that would be counting it twice! C'MON SON!!!

TheSeks

how did I get involved in this?

You're involved because the RU/US team medal requires your feet to be on the ground/infantry mode with no AT rocket/vehicle/AA stationary being-in time.

AKA: WHAT YOU WANT PEOPLE TO BE. :D!

You're involved because the RU/US team medal requires your feet to be on the ground/infantry mode with no AT rocket/vehicle/AA stationary being-in time.

AKA: WHAT YOU WANT PEOPLE TO BE. :D!

I don't care if people are on the ground, in the ground, above air, above the ceiling, under water or inside my pants.

As long as we WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Of course, if you don't get medals - it ain't my problem :p
"I just wanna have funnnnn, I don't care about winning....but I do care alot about medals waahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

JJD

I don't care if people are on the ground, in the ground, above air, above the ceiling, under water or inside my pants.

As long as we WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Of course, if you don't get medals - it ain't my problem :p
"I just wanna have funnnnn, I don't care about winning....but I do care alot about medals waahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Most people would consider getting other people inside their pants a huuuuuuuuge win dude! Lol!

Mahonay

Banned
So you could say I really love using the 870MCS shotgun. Just surpassed 3,000 kills with it over the weekend, 30 service stars :-O

Mahonay

Banned
I love using a rifle scope and slugs on it

IT'S LIKE IM SNIPING AND TROLLING AT THE SAME DAMN TIME
I use it with a red dot, but I definitely counter-snipe dudes with it sometimes and it's hilarious every time. Snipers don't even try to dodge out of the way because they don't think it's going to hit them.

Slugs all the way. Only kind of ammo I use with it. Been getting a lot of two kills/one shot with it lately. Immensely satisfying.

TheSeks

So probably very little vehicles then? :(

I mean considering BF3 SP was basically a hallway....

Hey, it could be like Heavy Metal? :D? D:? :D D:?

Also Gun Game/Arms Race/whatever you want to call it in CS:GO is hilarious, it does the same shit (primary->pistols->snipers->knife->WIN!) that BF3 pulled. I thought that was DICE trollin' but apparently not.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I would play the hell out of that BF3 gun master mode if it had an opposite progression... but as it is... yeah you're right it's straight up trolling.

JJD

Hey, it could be like Heavy Metal? :D? D:? :D D:?

I can't see the video right now but he could be talking about reutilizing assets right? Not copying SP maps straight away and bringing then into MP.

And Seks has a good point, Heavy Metal was great! And it was a repurposed SP map.

I gotta admit that besides a few maps on rush I like all BF3 maps specially on conquest so I'm not really concerned.

As far as maps goes Dice only screw up on the Close Quarters DLC, the rest os the maps are good IMO.

I can't see the video right now but he could be talking about reutilizing assets right? Not copying SP maps straight away and bringing then into MP.

And Seks has a good point, Heavy Metal was great! And it was a repurposed SP map.

I gotta admit that besides a few maps on rush I like all BF3 maps specially on conquest so I'm not really concerned.

As far as maps goes Dice only screw up on the Close Quarters DLC, the rest os the maps are good IMO.

well, at 4:55 in he says

Patrick Bach said:
I won't give you any details on Aftermath still because we still want to focus on the pack up ahead. But as you can see, we're bringing back parts from the single player campaign where we had this devastating earthquake. We had a lot of people wanting (me: asking?) us to you know ... "why can't we play that in multiplayer?". So that's what we're using now as a core and bringing that chaos into multiplayer."

Man those maps were just great...I miss then... :-(

Harvest was amazing, and I loved Oasis and Heavy Metal as well! Even Cold War was an infantry focused map done right.

Cold War aka YOU SHALL NOT PASS

so much fun when you had the attackers so pushed back that they were getting duck hunted.

JJD

Thanks for going out of your way and posting what Bach said Faceless!

so much fun when you had the attackers so pushed back that they were getting duck hunted.

I used to love whoring that stationary machine gun on the right side of the first mcom set on Cold War! Shooting at the guys on parachutes indeed felt like duck hunting lol!!!

Too bad stationary guns are almost useless now on BF3. I think I had something like a hundred silver stars with all of then on BC2!

Congratulations on your stationary medal man, that's one I'm certain I'll never get!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
They need to bring back

89Tv2.png

BASE CAMP NOW MOTHER FUCKERS

TheSeks

BASE CAMP NOW MOTHER FUCKERS

*takes out you as you're going to it. Take it out after.*

Okay. Now what? >:D

The Faceless Master said:

Rush was so crazy lop-sided on that map. Either you rushed (derp) as attackers to where YOU SHALL NOT PASS becomes defense. Or you rushed (derp) as defense to where YOU SHALL NOT PASS becomes attackers if you gardened.

I loved it. It was so bad.

TheSeks

VADS was godly and my favorite AA option in BC2, yes. But the AA wagons here are terrible and no where near VADS.

And VADS could be taken out with two volleys and a mortar on most maps. So it was no where near "take you out before you take me out."

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
VADS was godly and my favorite AA option in BC2, yes. But the AA wagons here are terrible and no where near VADS.

And VADS could be taken out with two volleys and a mortar on most maps. So it was no where near "take you out before you take me out."

Which is the reason they need to get them out. I'm tired of jets destroying bases/jets that haven't taken off yet

UAV trolling the VADS users was sweet.

TheSeks

UAV trolling the VADS users was sweet.

That's if I didn't see you coming. As soon as I got in the VADS on any map that had it, I'd point toward the enemy area and try to make sure I'd keep up on the air AND ground since it was damn near broken in terms of destroying everything in an area.

Lakitu

st5fu
I know 500% gets alot of flak but I have to say, 500% conquest on Oman is incredible. I got in towards the latter half of the game and we were down to around 600 tickets left so I decided to snipe, move around a lot and cap objectives. In the end it was 34/24, which is not too shabby because for some reason it seems like people get so pissed off at snipers on Oman, they straight up make it their primary objective to come after you if you kill them.

I had a pretty funny moment around the construction site, there was a battle so I used the G18 for close quarters, in the end it was only me left and noticed there were 7 of them in the mini-map so in the end I ran knowing there was no chance. It was pretty surreal looking on my mini-map to see 7 or 8 of them just running after me lol. I wanted to run to a pretty secluded building to see if I could snipe some of them before they reached me but I thought fuck it, turned around and tried to take as many of them as possible with me. It didn't work. I love this game.

That's if I didn't see you coming. As soon as I got in the VADS on any map that had it, I'd point toward the enemy area and try to make sure I'd keep up on the air AND ground since it was damn near broken in terms of destroying everything in an area.

I run with optics on, so usually the UAV is far away from the VADS user's visible range anyway

jayb

Since I bought premium for the sole purpose of getting all the maps in a cheaper bundle, I'm not upset by the concept art. But it is pretty silly. I was was expecting bonus content to be in-game stuff.

TheSeks

So um that August content drop?

Stupidest thing ever

It's better than using the same damn four guns (that I don't even really care about/for outside the L96) for another round of assignments to unlock camos for them AGAIN.

Top Bottom