• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

jayb

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/08/4x-official-servers/

We have heard your wish for more official DICE servers. As of now, we have effectively quadrupled them on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Note that you will still be able to get quick matched into any ranked server. For the best results if you want an official DICE server, please refer to the manual server browser and enter “DICE” as a search term. If you go to the Server information screen, all official DICE servers will have the owner set to “DICE”. Remember that you can favorite servers that you like so you can easily find them again on your next session.

Have a great gaming weekend!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Theoretically yes.

However, more than likely, it will put you on a 2000% rush ticket server.

That's because those 2000% servers are filled/nearly filled. The official servers are all full or too empty for the matchmaking to say "yeah, I want to put you there."

Use the server browser anyway. Browsers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dog turd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matchmaking any day of the week.

Lakitu

st5fu
Anybody else experiencing a lot of connection loss recently? These last couple of months I have lost connection to EA Online or to the current game quite frequently. It's damn annoying.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
why did they get rid of look behind in vehicles?
3obg56.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
more realism. instead you have first person free-look that's similar to what a real person's view would be capable of.

But in the tanks I mean... I'm alright with how the choppers and stuff are... but not being able to see behind a tank without rotating the slow-ass turret is kind of an issue.

so, about the map rotation:

Sharqi should be an odd number of maps away from other CQA maps because RU attacks on Sharqi, while US attacks on Karkand/Wake, meaning the same team will be attacking on Karkand -> Sharqi -> Karkand

also, no Metro or Tehran???

Hey BF3 GAF. Many PS3 players here? Could do with some decent teammates!

yes, we have lots of PS3 players, and i'm guessing that double xp will mean more are on than usual, plus some people want to warm up before Armored Kill!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
so, about the map rotation:

Sharqi should be an odd number of maps away from other CQA maps because RU attacks on Sharqi, while US attacks on Karkand/Wake, meaning the same team will be attacking on Karkand -> Sharqi -> Karkand

also, no Metro or Tehran???

yes, we have lots of PS3 players, and i'm guessing that double xp will mean more are on than usual, plus some people want to warm up before Armored Kill!
FUCK METRO

EDIT: Just edited the map rotation

I though I had it at an odd number to avoid it but I guess not.

Added Tehran and switched Karkland day 2 with Oman assult

Prologue

I sold my xbox 360 version a few weeks after release(time/money reasons). Has this game picked up a lot since then?Frostbite still the same in mp? I was thinking about picking up the premium edition.

TheSeks

I sold my xbox 360 version a few weeks after release(time/money reasons). Has this game picked up a lot since then?Frostbite still the same in mp? I was thinking about picking up the premium edition.

What do you mean by picked up? It's the same damn game it was at launch, just with new maps and "modes," and weapons. nothing else.

Evolved1

Well, there's been an expansion (four close quarters maps / no vehicles / some new weapons) and another couple expansions about to drop (more like traditional Battlefield maps) and they've also had a bunch of patches... so balance and function has changed for a lot of weapons and vehicles. And now there are custom servers. :(

It's still pretty much the same game though.

Evolved1

I used to hate Metro... but kind of like Nelson Bay in BC2 I've come around on it... don't really mind it anymore.

But I won't play a marathon game on it... and Rush can be pretty tricky at times.

I definitely don't hate the map.

PandaL

I used to hate Metro... but kind of like Nelson Bay in BC2 I've come around on it... don't really mind it anymore.

But I won't play a marathon game on it... and Rush can be pretty tricky at times.

I definitely don't hate the map.

Nelson bay is million times better than Metro because of the level of the destruction in that map. The whole map can be leveled to ground which makes it hard for the defenders to camp at the same place the entire round.

In BFBC2 RUSH almost everything was balanced.

PS : I liked felling trees in Nelson Bay with the Heavy MG and give a hard time for the Attackers.

TheSeks

In BFBC2 RUSH almost everything was balanced.

Hahahahahaha. No it wasn't. Destruction lopsided toward the attackers favor on most maps. Unless the defense knew what they were doing then destruction lopsided toward the defenses favor (with the sole exception of TROLLOLOLOLOL C4+Rocket spamming cheese on crates/buildings to <D 2.0> the crate).

And before you go "keyword: almost" no, helicopters added destruction that lopsided toward the defenses favor.

In fact, I think the only way to tweak the destruction that BC2 had would be to:

-Make crates not objective harm-able (this prevents cheese and forces the attackers to attack/arm, something they NEVER did when people learned the ability to cheese in BC2)
-Make buildings that house an objective/crate NOT <D 2.0> and more like BC1 where they're completely exposed (which makes getting to/arming and disarming these crates 20x more deadly but tactical)

Or, you could... you know... kneejerk like DICE to where maps in BF3 don't really have destruction. Whatever. Either way, defense in BC2 Rush was completely disadvantaged unless you had a team like GAF that knew how to abuse the destruction to stand a chance to where they could see rocket spam coming from a mile away.

Hahahahahaha. No it wasn't. Destruction lopsided toward the attackers favor on most maps. Unless the defense knew what they were doing then destruction lopsided toward the defenses favor (with the sole exception of TROLLOLOLOLOL C4+Rocket spamming cheese on crates/buildings to <D 2.0> the crate).

And before you go "keyword: almost" no, helicopters added destruction that lopsided toward the defenses favor.

In fact, I think the only way to tweak the destruction that BC2 had would be to:

-Make crates not objective harm-able (this prevents cheese and forces the attackers to attack/arm, something they NEVER did when people learned the ability to cheese in BC2)
-Make buildings that house an objective/crate NOT <D 2.0> and more like BC1 where they're completely exposed (which makes getting to/arming and disarming these crates 20x more deadly but tactical)

Or, you could... you know... kneejerk like DICE to where maps in BF3 don't really have destruction. Whatever. Either way, defense in BC2 Rush was completely disadvantaged unless you had a team like GAF that knew how to abuse the destruction to stand a chance to where they could see rocket spam coming from a mile away.
especially with peeps like Blue who literally was hitting objectives from a mile away with the RPG

JJD

especially with peeps like Blue who literally was hitting objectives from a mile away with the RPG

Man I miss him. After he was banned he just vanished. It's been like 5 or 6 months since he showed up on my friend list.

It didn't help that when he was around he was playing at extremely late hours even for me.

Are you reading this buddy? Come back!!!

PandaL

If you're abusing the exploits then its your fault.

Top Bottom