• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Nope, I'm able to still have a connection and sync trophies and the like. Issue is slow speed (like dial-up speed) + packet-loss during prime-time. Issue according to the ISP is overloaded lines. And it still hasn't been fixed yet, pisses me off.

and that's the only ISP you can get? uggh

-Silver-

what else can I do?

I once had that problem while I was playing through Demon Soul's, it would go to about 10% and stay there until I cancelled or gave me an error message. One of the advice I remember, it sounded stupid, was to repeatedly tap X. Can't remember if it was out of sheer coincidence or if it worked but it managed to get to about 12%. Over the three months I had that problem I tried putting different games and tried re-syncing but the most I got was about 21%. I think it was after a Sony update that I was finally able to sync up.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Unless Comcast (which is probably even worse) reaches my area, yeah. :/

Comcast is fine (for me)

Had packet loss, didn't call, packet loss was fixed within 3 days.

After all my years with Comcast(8+), I probably experienced packet loss 3 times (which were all gone with in days)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Any news evolved?

Well the formatting just finished... so now I'm gonna go back through and do everything again in safe mode.

Then I'll make sure the media server is off when I DL the patch... fingers crossed.

Update: well I'm at 27% sync right now... but it took 40 mins to get here... seems like this isn't supposed to go so slow. But this is the most progress I've had without an error in forever so hopefully it will finish. I'll be so pissed it all of this was for naught. :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It goes slow when syncing tons of trophies

You have 0 trophies on the ps3 on the account.

Well I'm at 57% and starting to feel like this might work. Funny thing (it's actually not funny at all) is that I think everything I did was completely unnecessary and the fix was actually very simple/painless.

Now as I'm redownloading 100 GB+ worth of shit off PSN I can kick myself for being so stupid!

Is there still an invulnerability bug? A couple of us were playing earlier and came across someone who could not be killed or marked :/

If it's Firestorm or Kharg, then yes.
There are semi-invincible+invisible glitch spots for those map

If it's a vehicle, then yes.
There's an invincible vehicle glitch that require admin abuse.

If it's a sea vehicle, then yes.
The underground glitch would make you invincible.

If it's none of those, then it's possibly a combination of 2 glitches.
However, the glitches I'm thinking of would still make a player spotable.
So...

YoungHav

Banned
I understand PSN updates on Tuesday but neither Sony nor DICE couldn't look out for a brotha and release Armored Kill on Labor Day? ya know, my day off from work? wtf...

burnfout

FUCK my AT mines assignment keeps on resetting, got it up to 12, reset to 0, got it up to 10, reset to 0.

What the fuck is up with that shit?!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Comcast is fine (for me)

Had packet loss, didn't call, packet loss was fixed within 3 days.

After all my years with Comcast(8+), I probably experienced packet loss 3 times (which were all gone with in days)

I've heard Horror Stories about Comcast and frankly they probably won't reach so deep into the woods for my area that I'm stuck with my ISP. :/

Lakitu

st5fu
These look pretty cool. Hopefully the 24 player versions are better than the ones in the base game. And the new vehicle unlocks don't ruin the game as much as the current ones.

I read somewhere that the console versions of the maps would be scaled down and have a similar amount of vehicles as Firestorm.

CatPee

FUCK my AT mines assignment keeps on resetting, got it up to 12, reset to 0, got it up to 10, reset to 0.

What the fuck is up with that shit?!

Saw a post on Reddit from a DICE guy about this. He stated that the requirements were bugged before the Battlelog update and were fixed after. The kills you got before the update still count, but they just don't show on BL. The actual fix to the game will come along with Armored Kill's patch.

PandaL

These look pretty cool. Hopefully the 24 player versions are better than the ones in the base game. And the new vehicle unlocks don't ruin the game as much as the current ones.

I read somewhere that the console versions of the maps would be scaled down and have a similar amount of vehicles as Firestorm.

PC version will have 7 Flags while Console version will have 5 Flags.

2 Players in Jet
2 Players in Chopper
2 Players in AC130

So in the team with AC130, 6 Players will have to cap & defend 5 Flags. And if there are Sniper Pro's who'll be camping in the hills then the maps will have no players to capture flags.

Xux

2 Players in Jet
2 Players in Chopper
2 Players in AC130

So in the team with AC130, 6 Players will have to cap & defend 5 Flags. And if there are Sniper Pro's who'll be camping in the hills then the maps will have no players to capture flags.
That sounds awful.

2 Players in Jet
2 Players in Chopper
2 Players in AC130

i am TOTALLY taking a jet up to parachute onto and snipe from the wing of the AC130.

Facism

2 Players in Jet
2 Players in Chopper
2 Players in AC130

possible 4+ players in helos. That latest vid showed two friendly attack choppers on Bandar + scout chopper.

JJD

New patch dropping with Armored Warfare.

The 1.06 patch for battlefield 3 coming before Armored Kill. and then for PS3 before 4 September will bring many changes and additions that will improve the gameplay.

Weapons:

Reduced the reload time of: SCAR-L, AEK-971, F2000, AN-94, AK-74, PP2000, G3A3, SKS, MG36, JNG-90, MK3A1, SCAR-H, SVD, QBZ-95B, AUG A3, 44 Magnum, KH2002, Pecheneg, L85A2, QBB-95, M1911, MP7, M4A1, FAMAS, M39 EBR, M416, PP-19, QBU-88
Increased the reload time of: P90
Increased damage from near the UMP 45 and reduced to a distance
Increased the damage of the PP2000 remote to highlight its role as a Mid-Range
Increased the minimum damage of the M1911 to fit better in Magnum and M9/MP443
Reduced damage, range and recoil of the M93R
Increased the ratio of fire and the charging time of the MP412 REX to highlight the improved performance of CQB 44.Magnum
Decreased the horizontal recoil of SG553 to make this weapon more 'controllable
Reduced vertical recoil MG36 to make the weapon more controllable
Reduced recoil horizontal / vertical first shot of the M416 to mark more 'difference with M16
Increased the recoil of the M16
Increased the recoil of the M4
Reduced the recoil of the first shot of G36
Increased the bonus provided by bipode of: F2000, G3A3, M27, M416, Pecheneg, Type88, FAMAS, MG36
Adding the mode 'of fire 3 shots on M5K
Slightly reduced the added bonus of the heavy barrel on assault rifles from 5.56mm, 5.45mm, 6.5mm
Slightly reduced the penalty range for the suppressor of 5.56 mm, 5.45 mm and 6.5 mm weapons: assault rifles, carbines and light machine guns
Slightly reduced the penalty range for the suppression of the SCAR-H
Increased the radius of maximum damage on LVG 40mm, total damage and range unchanged
Fixed not increase the recoil with the heavy barrel of SCAR-L
Fixed not award bonuses to laser designation of JET
Fixed BUG M320 Fumoggeno of the AUG A3
Increased the radius of damage and damage of Mortar
Adding the bar under barrel of L85 and FAMAS
The G3A3 accepts the grenade launcher sottocanna
Increased the damage of the Claymore infantry
Added back charger expanded to RPK, MG36 and QBB95
Increased the recoil of the F2000 vertical
Slightly increased the recoil of the Horizontal AEK971
Increased the recoil Horizontal / Vertical M417
Slightly increased the cooldown of JNG90, statistically the best of all sniper rifles except M98B, this serve 'to balance it
umentato little time to recharge the SPAS12, more and more 'seloce of 870MCS but more' slow in the levels of Pre-Patch
Increased the damage of the ACW-R because more 'weak in comparison with the other rifles, inserting the 6.5mm
Decreased the vertical recoil of the AS-VAL
Increased the accuracy of the RPG, to differentiate it from the distance of the SMAW

Means:

Fixed non-destructibility 'equipment with exploding bullets helicopter
Increased the damage of rockets and helicopters to helicopter JET, JET and infantry
Increased the damage of the gunner and IFV against Helicopters and JET
Increased the damage of AA infantry, less effective towards the wagons
Synchronized time animation of charging, in which it was possible to shoot with these weapons before you reload / delayed to fire after charging: M416, F200, FAMAS, KH2002, MK3A1, JNG90, MG36, QBU88, SVD, Pechenegs and SCAR -H, AN-94.
C-RAM and Pantisir are now destructible with multiple attacks
Increased the speed 'of the drone
Fixed glitch drone that exploded after launch
The radar shows the plane now allied vehicles and report those enemies
AA Mobile now can 'damage wagons
The guided missile attack on Jet now more 'quickly
The LAV is off 30%, no more 'than 50%
Decreased the damage of pink bullets against infantry and helicopters.
Adding C-RAM on the airplane carrier American Channels Nosharh to avoid SpawnCamping

Miscellaneous:

Allied grenades now have a different color
Knife more 'reliable and relevant to melee attacks
Slightly reduced the sentence of time after a stabbing
The explosives now remain even after death
Adds the letters of the flags on the minimap
Reduced aim assist, aim assisted and 'slightly above the level pre Patch 1.05
Fixed glitch where on Close Quarters and Op Metro you could go puori map
The servers show map muccessiva at the end Martita
Changed the caliber of the ACW-R on Battlelog from 5.56mm to 6.5mm
Players using fixed and Mortars are now accoltellabili
Fixed the audio sometimes goes out of Sync
All players who have at least one star service with RPG and SMAW can choose which one to use
The premium can choose which one to use knives (ACB90 / Knife)
Decreased Ray Laser Designator
Added new Master of plates: M9/MP443/M1911 Tatt, Silent M1911, M67 Grenade, Tool Repair, Defibrillator
Removed for the Mini Mode 'Zealot / Hardcore

Edit: Old patch notes. A lot of stuff here is true and coming but the patch will be different from this one. Sorry!

Top Bottom