• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Armored Kill release dates
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/armored-kill

Ibz52.png

lol Screw EA/DICE.

It's only a week... (EXCEPT FOR THPS FUCK YOU ACISOFT!)

It's only 2 weeks..

don't want to wait that much get premium and save money unless you bought B2k and CQ already

i have the game and premium both consoles, and i still think the delayed distribution sucks.

it makes the content less valuable because less people are playing, and it means my premium (aka my money) on 360 is also less valuable than my premium (aka my money) on PS3.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i have the game and premium both consoles, and i still think the delayed distribution sucks.

it makes the content less valuable because less people are playing, and it means my premium (aka my money) on 360 is also less valuable than my premium (aka my money) on PS3.

Hey, those two weeks with premium only players means prime achievement hunting time. Don't knock that some people are idiots and let me get my achievements in privacy before the peasants come in and ruin it for us all. >_>

DICE really needs to stop with the online achievements. Still got like 1400 kills to do in BC1. SMH.

You pay extra value for party chat.
Party chat makes eveything better.

Am I doing this right, 360-gaf?

lol
≠

But it's cool, you're defending your PS3 honor :p

I honestly don't care either way.
I have a 360. I just don't care for paying for any subscription service and can live without party chat.
The point is I certainly don't think those features makes the time delay suck any less.

Just wanted to mess with you for being up psn hack.

TheSeks

Undertow? WTF!!

Worst. Free game. Evar. (I got like one last online achievement in it. My secret shame.)

Actually, I take that back. Yaris was the worst free game ever.

Also Odeyssus, actually it does =. MS may not have hand a hand in it unofficially but it was part of their service using EA and it did effect a LOT of people. Not too Apple and Oranges about it.

Worst. Free game. Evar. (I got like one last online achievement in it. My secret shame.)

Actually, I take that back. Yaris was the worst free game ever.

Also Odeyssus, actually it does =. MS may not have hand a hand in it unofficially but it was part of their service using EA and it did effect a LOT of people. Not too Apple and Oranges about it.

we still have no idea what's going on with that though.

Mahonay

Banned
Worst teammates ever: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/61846023/4/199948029/

I finished with twice as many points as the second dude and the round lasted 70 fucking minutes...70 FUCKING MINUTES (%200). I was literally the only person capping flags...SMFH
Man, I would have lost my shit. I rage quit after this game ended last night and it was a normal ticket game that only lasted 11 1/2 minutes because no one would capture anything.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/61046917/2/189104574/

Playing for over an hour and having that happen? Man, I feel for you bro.

We would kick your ass
Oooooo you gonna take that OdysseusVA?

P6x9z.gif

I honestly don't care either way.
I have a 360. I just don't care for paying for any subscription service and can live without party chat.
The point is I certainly don't think those features makes the time delay suck any less.

Just wanted to mess with you for being up psn hack.

Same here. Just some playful jabbing ;)

plus Sony gives better freebies. Undertow? WTF!!

I don't have anything for that lol

Getting phished (or whatever methods were used) is definitely not the same as having an entire infrastructure taken offline due to the compromised data of millions of users. Either way, silly discussion lol

JJD

Even after all the tweaking controls still don't feel as responsive as BC2.

Stopped playing for just a week and played a couple games today and I played like shit.

I stopped playing BC2 for 3 months once due to connections problems and when I finally came back everything felt natural. No readjustment period at all.

tn2007

Even after all the tweaking controls still don't feel as responsive as BC2.

Stopped playing for just a week and played a couple games today and I played like shit.

I stopped playing BC2 for 3 months once due to connections problems and when I finally came back everything felt natural. No readjustment period at all.

Yeah I didn't play for 3 weeks and I needed a 2 rush games and a TDM game to get use to the PS3 controller. I had fun playing with hunting and the new number 2 guy. Saw some really cool c4 action going on.

Driving a tank/land vehicle with the PS3 controller is so much easier do than on PC. But the aiming sucks on PS3 controller compare to the mouse. I'm having a real hard time with WASD and all the other keys on PC. But my move from PS3 to PC has been successful otherwise.

JJD

Yeah I didn't play for 3 weeks and I needed a 2 rush games and a TDM game to get use to the PS3 controller. I had fun playing with hunting and the new number 2 guy. Saw some really cool c4 action going on.

Driving a tank/land vehicle with the PS3 controller is so much easier do than on PC. But the aiming sucks on PS3 controller compare to the mouse. I'm having a real hard time with WASD and all the other keys on PC. But my move from PS3 to PC has been successful otherwise.

That's good to hear, I'm sure you'll do fine once you're totally used to the keyboard, you're a smart player!

Try to play with your PS3 friends like Dawn does once in awhile! Lol!

Omni

Can't wait until Armoured Kill... Current maps are getting stale. CQ (while had appeal at the start), died off pretty quickly.

CatPee

unhacked? How do you know for sure? =3

I've been consistently able to play my games without interruptions, my MSE+MalwareBytes combo detects nothing, my bank account and Paypal all have the right amounts, and I've been able to access every single account I've made on various sites. :D

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I've been consistently able to play my games without interruptions, my MSE+MalwareBytes combo detects nothing, my bank account and Paypal all have the right amounts, and I've been able to access every single account I've made on various sites. :D

For now, grasshopper. For now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Maybe one of you guys can help me (this isn't BF3 related as much as an issue with my PS3)...

So for about 6-7 months I haven't been able to sync trophies. It gets to about 15% and then gives me an error (80022D67) and I have basically scoured the internet and forums for the fix. Calling Sony was an exercise in futility... "it must be your ISP" was their answer. Maybe they are right, but why does it suddenly give me a problem after a few years without any issues?

Now I don't really care about the trophies not syncing... it's not that big of a deal. My real issue is that I cannot access my profile, or anyone else's. And worse, there is content that I have paid for on PSN that I cannot access. Now, it's pretty cheesy shit... avatars and such... but I bought that stuff and I cannot access it. Which just bothers me as a matter of principle.

So what I have done last night and today is boot the PS3 into safe mode and just start resetting everything back to default. I have: restored default settings, restored the file system, rebuilt the database... none of it worked (actually this lead to a new error 80710736) and now in a last ditch effort I have begun reformatting the HDD, which is a seven hour process that will completely wipe my HDD full of content, that I'll have to redownload from PSN... including the massive BF3 patches :(

If this doesn't fix my problem, what else can I do?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Possibly packet loss (try pingtest.net)
Router messing up

Sounds like was seks has. I expierced packet loss and My DL took forever and I believe that during the time I couldn't sync trophies
Sorry, but I'm not on a computer to do a good search
---

Have you updated the ps3 4.21? If not maybe updating may fix it. Who knows.
For somepeople, rebuilding the database help but you already did that. (maybe redoing it may help? I have no clue)
---

Found a interesting post:

This error is caused by whatever media server (attempting to serve data to your PS3) overloading your system. I just corrected this error by adjusting the connection speed of my UPnP server to what was ACTUALLY being delivered via WiFi. It was way too high and crashed my system every time I tried to play a song from my computer. If you do NOT want any media being served, then YES, disable the media server option through your settings. However, some people DO want to serve media so they can watch all their movies and listen to all their music without having to get off their fat a$s3$ and just click a button on the controller. My butt is not fat but I like to serve my media so I can listen to music in the living room without plugging my droid into my receiver. If you DO want media served, check which server is activated and crashing your system. Go to that server (note: it won't be on your PS3, it's probably on your computer or something else) then check the connection settings. Select either what you really have (I used the Cable 256mbps setting and it immediately corrected the error through my Rhapsody server) or select something slower. It WILL get rid of the error!!!

P.S. I would be happy to help you with any specific DLNA server side network issues. I did help desk for a long time so I know how retarded the people are at the software places.

Under settings, then goto network settings, it's at the bottom. If it's enabled, disable it
--

Have you tried the compare to friend thing?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Possibly packet loss (try pingtest.net)
Router messing up

I get an "A" from pingtest.net and 0% packet loss.

And I've already read that post you found (and a hundred others like it)... I've tried pretty much everything except going to a friends... actually now that I think back it might have been playing at my sister's place in NY when this originally happened, but I can't be sure. Still about 5 hrs left on my reformatting. I guess we'll see how it goes. Maybe starting fresh I'll be able to get it to work.

Just incredibly annoying. Was hoping maybe one of you guys had run into the problem and heard of a fix.

TheSeks

Sounds like was seks has. I expierced packet loss and My DL took forever and I believe that during the time I couldn't sync trophies
Sorry, but I'm not on a computer to do a good search

Nope, I'm able to still have a connection and sync trophies and the like. Issue is slow speed (like dial-up speed) + packet-loss during prime-time. Issue according to the ISP is overloaded lines. And it still hasn't been fixed yet, pisses me off.

Top Bottom