• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Xux

Claymores are way too OP. There should be one at a time, it should disappear when you die, and it should do 50% damage at most.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Claymores are way too OP. There should be one at a time, it should disappear when you die, and it should do 50% damage at most.

You should look where you run!

I put them in bushes and at the top of stairwells TROOOLLLLLLLLLLL

raindoc

They should at least stay if you get revived. I hate that.

agreed.

and speaking of stuff that disappears: could recon please not loose all of it's equipment once a base is taken in rush? i have the bad habit of not sticking around my spawn beacon when trying to (help with) arming an M-com....

xclaw

This is how silent it's gonna be, playing armored kill on consoles :p

TheDkjolle

Ha, wow. I really am unsure about this now for consoles. Starting to kick myself now for getting this for PS3. I know Heavy Metal felt somewhat busy on console but if these are as large as they claim they are it'll be a ghost town.

Neverfade

iMFM5ebXQ05Zm.png

Feels good man.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Slap Squad Cover on. TAH-DAH you'll survive the explosion IIRC.

And no, there should be two at a time to cover yourself. The issue is setting the damn things down. I can put them near a door to "hide" them and because of DICE's aiming system for it I overshoot the doorsill and it's facing sideways in the middle of the doorway. WTF.

Well, that and the fact they don't last on death to where it's a "why bother" choice for Assault/Supports. Same with the Mortar that got nerfed, but the Claymore could be tactical and a hell of a lot more useful if it stayed on death/after death so long as you don't respawn as an Assault/Support. Similar to how BC2 did AT mines on death until you respawn as an Engineer.

TheSeks

I'm serious or I'm completely misremembering the perk. But there's a perk that will reduce Claymore damage since it's an explosion.

Ah, that. Yeah. Squad Flack. Pick that and Claymores go bye-bye for you.

Lostsupper and I join a game on Damavand, but get split up.

Lost- What the hell? A couple of your guys are in our base.
Me- *Brings up map* Yeah, 3 or 4 of them are somehow running around back there.
Lost- They just stole our tank and heli!
Me- WTF
Lost- They must be glitched

DERP

Lost- Pfft omg, it's your base I'm facing.
Lost and I- HAHAHAHA

When we joined A and C were flipped (B may have been neutral), so we spawned on the captured flags and thought that was our deployment side. Oops.

lol

Omni

*cough*

capturemni.png

Got this from one side of Operation Firestorm to another. Took 5 or so shots by memory...

The thing is however, after giving up Recon and playing so much as Assault and somewhat Engineer, I suck at sniping now. Before I could get ~500m headshots with ease... now I struggle with ~100m. I just don't have the patience to snipe any more.

Lakitu

st5fu
Man, this thread has made me look up my stats on Battlelog. Pretty brutal stuff. I've died 26,745 times but I've got 46,292 kills. Hopefully I can get up to 50,000 before the end of the year.

tatsuki

*cough*

capturemni.png

Got this from one side of Operation Firestorm to another. Took 5 or so shots by memory...

The thing is however, after giving up Recon and playing so much as Assault and somewhat Engineer, I suck at sniping now. Before I could get ~500m headshots with ease... now I struggle with ~100m. I just don't have the patience to snipe any more.

Very nice.

The only reason I have 822 was for the newest L96 Assignment. Haven't really bothered sniping before that or even now after I obtained the 350m challenge. Like you said though, I just can't find the patience any more either. I used to love sniping in Bad Company. BF3, Not so much.

burnfout

After the 150 L96 kills, I am full blown addicted to sniping again.

But not laying down somewhere, more moving around with 8x scope, giving cover fire and sniping MCOMS.

Lostsupper and I join a game on Damavand, but get split up.

Lost- What the hell? A couple of your guys are in our base.
Me- *Brings up map* Yeah, 3 or 4 of them are somehow running around back there.
Lost- They just stole our tank and heli!
Me- WTF
Lost- They must be glitched

DERP

Lost- Pfft omg, it's your base I'm facing.
Lost and I- HAHAHAHA

When we joined A and C were flipped (B may have been neutral), so we spawned on the captured flags and thought that was our deployment side. Oops.

lol

We're really smart.

olimpia84

I have no clue how some people get those 700m+ headshots. Granted, the total amount of time I have dedicated to that 350m headshot assignment is like 15 minutes.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I have no clue how some people get those 700m+ headshots. Granted, the total amount of time I have dedicated to that 350m headshot assignment is like 15 minutes.

I missed the 350 assignment the other day... it was the first time I purposely tried to get it. I saw a bunch of retards waaaay up in a construction building. So I switched to the L96, ran back to the middle portion of the map, and took a couple shots. Got my kill very quickly. The assignment didn't pop because I still need some MAV spots (or so I thought). Turns out my shot was 340 or something like that... really close but not long enough. Damn.

JJD

I missed too. Tried for the first time on an easy Tehran game yesterday, the best I got was 337M. I was really disappointed... :-(

burnfout

I did it on Kharg Island Rush as attacker.

Just lay down on the ship, and snipe the people on the beach, thats 400m or something!

Easy as pie :)

TheSeks

Op Firestorm second set to last set construction should give you it.

Top Bottom