• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Really? I'm trying to do it with a bipod due to the distance and scope sway. But I'm not a sniper so I'm open to suggestions. I'll try that.

i'd say the bipod helps more if you're not used to the breath holding mechanic. if you are, then yeah, straight pull bolt should get you there faster.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I honestly don't know how you guys use the 12x scope. None of the maps are really BUILT for it. And it throws my aiming off compared to the 8x scope. Or maybe I'm just too used to having a + scope instead of weird scope images. 8x scope is about the only scope I can use anymore since it matches my BFF GOL SNIPER MAGNUM's scope.

TheSeks

Oh god. That ATV and Destroy the Gunship one is probably gonna be impossible. :/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've been really shitty the last few time I played. :(

Can't seem to get back in the groove.

Lakitu

st5fu
Oh god. That ATV and Destroy the Gunship one is probably gonna be impossible. :/

The ATV one's going to be easy. There's an achievement to get one with the skidloader and that wasn't too bad, it's much slower for a start.

Just ram into some unsuspecting dude who's in the middle of a firefight. Shouldn't be too bad.

raindoc

*cough*

capturemni.png

Got this from one side of Operation Firestorm to another. Took 5 or so shots by memory...

Gulf of Oman, M98B with 12x scope, from Carrier to tower (construction site): 2nd horizontal line +/- half a mm.
easy 1100m head shots.

Does anybody play on the PS3 GAF server anymore? Everytime I've checked over the last few days its been empty and I've even tried entering and waiting for 15 minutes to no avail.

JJD

I've been really shitty the last few time I played. :(

Can't seem to get back in the groove.

Just keep grinding man! You'll get back in shape.

I was in the same situation for the couple past weeks but today finally everything clicked again. I even got some pretty amazing games 33/3 K/D, etc.

Feels good!

Gulf of Oman, M98B with 12x scope, from Carrier to tower (construction site): 2nd horizontal line +/- half a mm.
easy 1100m head shots.

Thanks man, I'll try this! Specially since people love to camp on that huge unfinished building!

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm inconsistent as a player, I either play really good or really shit. Although lately it's been more of the latter. It feels like in some instances I shoot and shoot an opposing player but they shoot back and kill me within 3-4 seconds. That and the 93r make me rage.

tatsuki

Thanks man, I'll try this! Specially since people love to camp on that huge unfinished building!

There's also a good spot just outside of the russian base on caspian. Set yourself up on the rocks and you'll have a clear shot at the enemy entering their apache. Some might find this cheap though. When they enter the chopper It's pretty much easy headshots for you because of the time they need to take off.

JJD

There's also a good spot just outside of the russian base on caspian. Set yourself up on the rocks and you'll have a clear shot at the enemy entering their apache. Some might find this cheap though. When they enter the chopper It's pretty much easy headshots for you because of the time they need to take off.

Wow! I'll try that right now!!!

Maddocks

I do that, but with a tank. They get so pissed. I have got so much hate mail because of it.

DanielJr82

Any tips on getting a kill with the damn EOD Bot? I got a roadkill with it but it didn't register for the assignment.

I hate these troll assignments, by the way. Not fun.

Well yeah. Anything is easier than the skidloader but it's still damn hard. Probably will have BC2's wonky hit detection to troll me as well.
nothing wonky about BC2. you had to hit them with a tire, not the middle.

so sad that people still don't use the instant take-off trick.

Any tips on getting a kill with the damn EOD Bot? I got a roadkill with it but it didn't register for the assignment.

I hate these troll assignments, by the way. Not fun.

just equip the EOD Bot and play normally until you find someone is actually vulnerable don't try and force it. don't be one of those guys driving an EOD Bot around the map forever, it just makes people aware of what you're trying to do.

JJD

Fuck I think my PS3 might be dying...

I was playing a couple games with Nostyle and JM and suddenly some very thin purple lines started showing on the screen horizontally going up until they disappeared jut to start again at the bottom.

I quit the game and they still appeared on the XMB. I started getting worried.

I turned the PS3 off and on again and they were still there. I think I'm fucked.

It's my second PS3. I don't know if I'll buy another if this one dies on me.

TheSeks

Fuck I think my PS3 might be dying...

I was playing a couple games with Nostyle and JM and suddenly some very thin purple lines started showing on the screen horizontally going up until they disappeared jut to start again at the bottom.

I quit the game and they still appeared on the XMB. I started getting worried.

I turned the PS3 off and on again and they were still there. I think I'm fucked.

It's my second PS3. I don't know if I'll buy another if this one dies on me.

Time to start backing your shit up, the GPU is fried and slowly dying it seems like.

JJD

Time to start backing your shit up, the GPU is fried and slowly dying it seems like.

I did some research and found out that it may be something called "ground loop". Basically it's interference. Found some threads on various forums with guys with the same issue as me.

So I decided to take a risk and play some more. There was no gameplay issue or stuttering. The line got even thinner after I disconnect all unnecessary cables. Seems like this issue only affects users of component cables, and unfortunately I can't use HDMI because the HDMI board on my TV is fried.

Anyway played a couple of Conquest Domination games and came across a clan called CCA. What a bunch of losers! They glitched inside walls on every single Close Quarters maps and still lost by a landslide.

We won 8 of 8 games against those cheaters. It was great!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I dont have Premium :(
Wait for me guys.
</PSN Peasant>

Lakitu

st5fu
Premium assignments and regular assignments are up for AK

I sucks at Jets, how am I going I get 50 on helicopters :(

I find helicopters much easier to use than jets actually. I've given up on jets because I am bloody useless at it. I can fly it about it but that's the extent of my 'skill.'

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Change Log for the upcoming patch

MEGATON
BASED DICE said:
&#8226; FIM92 and IGLA now lock on to air vehicles at both lower altitudes and longer distances.
&#8226; Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire.

W

T

F

-FIM92 and IGLA now lock on to air vehicles at both lower altitudes and longer distances.

-Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire.

-The Laser Designator unlock on the Scout Helicopters has been changed from a Pilot Upgrade to a new stance in the Copilot seat

-Repair tool damage against enemy vehicles lowered by 10%.

Fersis

GenericUser

Thats what I call a change, wonderful, absolutly wonderful:

Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire.

i am delighted, finally evens out the odds.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
What are you talking about? The IGLA fix was needed.
Cry moar Chopper boy!

Another Chopper boy joins the 'tears party'.
Thats what I call a change, wonderful, absolutly wonderful:

i am delighted, finally evens out the odds.
choppers weren't that hard to take down.

Now people can be lazy. Shit

I mean there's the SOFLAM and Laser Designator on tanks. Work you lazy bones

The IGLA did need to be beefed up for lower leve- Wait. They'll just buy their way up

Overdoziz

Banned
Nice:
&#8226; Added letters to the capture point icons displayed directly over the mini-map.
&#8226; Fixed so the spawn menu always disappears when you are revived.
&#8226; Changed how MCOM station defend/attack kill score is calculated. Victim no longer needs to arm/disarm the crate but rather be in a 5 meter radius of the crate. Also increased kills needed for the Crate Defend Ribbon from 2 to 4. Overall, these changes should make it somewhat easier to get the ribbon, while increasing the opportunity for strategic play around MCOM stations.
&#8226; FIM92 and IGLA now lock on to air vehicles at both lower altitudes and longer distances.

Interesting:
&#8226; Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire.
&#8226; The Laser Designator unlock on the Scout Helicopters has been changed from a Pilot Upgrade to a new stance in the Copilot seat (position 4). Like the CITV turret on the Main Battle Tanks, the Scout Helicopter&#8217;s Laser Designator is permanently available to players who have received the unlock.

Sadface:
&#8226; Short and long reload increased: ASVal
&#8226; 44 Magnum: Rate of fire reduced slightly to highlight this side arm&#8217;s role as a slow firing heavy hitter and differentiate it from the MP412 REX.
&#8226; Changed reload behavior on Tank / Tank Destroyer cannon weapons to prevent being able to fire 2 shots from different weapons quickly one right after another.

Top Bottom