• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Its official, Dice doesn't play their own game.

They play it, but they sure play it differently. They don't see any problem with the spawn routes because they don't spawn rape, they would never hot-swap seats so they don't understand instant take-off, etc. Didn't someone high up at DICE tweet that they "played like gentlemen"?

redhot_

They play it, but they sure play it differently. They don't see any problem with the spawn routes because they don't spawn rape, they would never hot-swap seats so they don't understand instant take-off, etc. Didn't someone high up at DICE tweet that they "played like gentlemen"?

Ya they for sure don't play like the people over in the NA servers, with their try hard pants pulled up to there chins. A friend and I have been going into Australian servers and having 10x more fun, a tad bit of lag but way more laid back.

U2NUMB

As a big Tank user the change in delay to taking over your secondary weapon is gonna throw me off big time. As if the last patch which turned tanked into tin foil wasn't enough.

These patch notes read as a group that has no idea how to team play or use the tools already in the game to take down vehicles. So they just nurf the hell out of everything to make it simple for them.

ugh

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
aPQYg.jpg

The positives changes in these notes (like the ones concerned with server browser info) should have been there since the beginning. The negatives (gunner flares nixed) are baffling.

If you don't have anything nice to add, DICE, leave it alone.

P.S. 360GAF is virtually indestructible.

The positives changes in these notes (like the ones concerned with server browser info) should have been there since the beginning. The negatives (gunner flares nixed) are baffling.

If you don't have anything nice to add, DICE, leave it alone.

P.S. 360GAF is virtually indestructible.

Yo, I'll be back on in about 10min if you want play.

paskowitz

Other reasonable option could have included:
- Increased SAM missile speed
- Increase SAM damage to always disable
- Increase SAM reload speed
- Increase SAM initial ammo count
- Increase SAM lock on spread when ADS
- Increase AH flare cool down time
- Increase AH ECM cooldown

In fact just doing the first 5 all at the same time would have made the SAMs infinitely more effective without hindering helis vs any other form of lock on. The fundamental problem with taking away flares on the heli is that it makes it not just more vulnerable to SAMs but to every other weapon that can lock on to air vehicles and there are a lot of those. How DICE did not consider these changes and just went straight to screw the AHs is beyond me. Then they went and changed the AH damage... which is just fine the way it is. Giving me a little more stopping power does not make up for taking my gunner's flares away.

Maddocks

I knew it. nothing about the sound problems.....but even worse :( no full time rpg. we can swap guns but not rocket launchers? why dice, why cant I have my rpg be my main weapons all the time.

meppi

And yet when you hit a chopper with a regular tank shell, the damn thing doesn't explode instantly.... instead you get a blam........disabled..................bail..................vehicle destroyed. Such bullshit.

Pretty sure this will be my last Battlefied.
Between the constant "ballancing" if you can even call it that anymore, the hit detection/server interpretation issues and the boneheaded decisions which makes them come of as completely clueless as to what they want to even do with this game, it still doesn't feel half as much fun as BC2 did.
Seems they really did catch a bad case of the Guerrilla-virus.

BoatAck

And yet when you hit a chopper with a regular tank shell, the damn thing doesn't explode instantly.... instead you get a blam........disabled..................bail..................vehicle destroyed. Such bullshit.

The only chopper that a tank doesn't OHK is the transport chopper. If you hit a scout or attack they die instantly.

• Changed how MCOM station defend/attack kill score is calculated. Victim no longer needs to arm/disarm the crate but rather be in a 5 meter radius of the crate. Also increased kills needed for the Crate Defend Ribbon from 2 to 4. Overall, these changes should make it somewhat easier to get the ribbon, while increasing the opportunity for strategic play around MCOM stations.

The only fix m-com defender need is to increase the range back up to BC2 level, but bump the kill requirement back up to 4 kills to keep defending appealing .

YO DICE, STOP STEALING MY IDEAS.

Other than that, I love the patch changes *kisses the unloved PP19*

Well, looks like my 80GB PS3 also decided to die (might be HDD problem, but I got no time to test it for now.)

Fortunately for me, I had a slim laying around....I mean...the Christmas Present I was planning to give to my little cousin.

Sorry little cousin, PS3-BRO-GAF comes first.....

tn2007

Well, looks like my 80GB PS3 also decided to die (might be HDD problem, but I got no time to test it for now.)

Fortunately for me, I had a slim laying around....I mean...the Christmas Present I was planning to give to my little cousin.

Sorry little cousin, PS3-BRO-GAF comes first

This is the dedication you only see on PS3. Where you at XBOX GAF?

That sucks, I also have an 80GB phat PS3 so I'm hoping it survives until the PS4 is released.

I'm pretty sure it's just the upgraded HDD dying on me.
Everything was super slow. Takes like 5 minutes to get out that one private message.

ANYWAY
server renewed for 1 month.
Bunch of people added as admin (thn, sekoku, rock, blah blah blah)

Deal with it if i'm not there.

tn2007

I'm pretty sure it's just the upgraded HDD dying on me.
Everything was super slow. Takes like 5 minutes to get out that one private message.

ANYWAY
server renewed for 1 month.
Bunch of people added as admin (thn, sekoku, rock, blah blah blah)

Deal with it if i'm not there.

Oooooo so I can ban people? The power I now bare muahahahahaha.

Don't worry I won't ban anyone.

dc2x

Neo Member
patch is up in the UK

surprised how fast it downloaded - 2-3 mins at the most (fastest I've ever grabbed something from PSN)

Hmm, i am feeling a little flu-ish. Might have to leave work RIGHT NOW and go home to download this! :D

If only the Vita would have some sort of Remote Access that would allow me to download and install the patch and AK...

Lakitu

st5fu
Isn't AK included in the patch though and is unlocked after a certain point? That's how it worked with Close Quarters on 360 anyway.

Top Bottom