• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

No_Style

BUT, I don't have the money for the Season Pass or any DLC. Not for a long while. Is it still worth jumping back in? Or have they changed way too much now?

I still play & will continue to play w/o the DLC map pack nonsense. I have B2K and that was only because it came free. The changes aren't earth shattering to be honest.

They've fixed some issues surrounding the game but there are still issues with audio bugs and when climbing over objects.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If I had to check those flaps one more time.... ONE, MORE, FUCKING, TIME... I would kill something.

Faruk Al Bashir is about to have a really bad day!

Fuuuuuuuck... now it's all coming back to me. I'm fucking stupid for doing that...

haha...

KAOz

Short bus special
I still play & will continue to play w/o the DLC map pack nonsense. I have B2K and that was only because it came free. The changes aren't earth shattering to be honest.

They've fixed some issues surrounding the game but there are still issues with audio bugs and when climbing over objects.

Okey, awesome. Good to know at least if I decide to jump back in. Always good to have some of GAF by ones side.

Overdoziz

Banned
The letters A and B for the M-COMS on the HUD are small as fuck.
And they put the ticket % all the way at the bottom of the server info list. DICE is such a troll.
I know that if you press up once if you're at the top it will bring you to the bottom but it's still pretty dumb.

Evolved1

What guns got the best buffs? I heard the Mk5 is no longer a BB gun.

JJD

If you watch the chopper videos above you will now see the range of igla/stingers are now 400m and below radar doesn't work. I don't care how awesome you are at flying your gonna get owned.

I'm not awesome flying, I'm actually pretty damn horrible.

You forgot that it's 400M range with clear line of sight.

BK always disengages when he gets locked and pulls evasive maneuvers. If the lock persists he activates the jammer.

Sure there will always be an engineer jerk on top of a crane pestering the pilots but he won't be on the ground capturing flags and guys with the IGLA/Stinger won't have a direct way to engage tanks besides mines. So we'll see how things balance out. If you divert too much attention to the air vehicles you're bound to lose territory and flags. It's not like we have 32 players! Lol!

I'm pretty sure even a great pilot like BK will be taken down more often but I believe he will still manage to be effective. It may take a while to adapt but he can pull it.

JJD

Hummm on that AC130 gameplay video posted earlier the plane was taken down by an Igla. There will be a lot of people running with then on the new maps. Tanks will have a easier time dealing with infantry.

Evolved1

So... played some matches. Choppers are just sitting ducks now against everything. The range on the stinger is funny. I was in the trees, guy had no idea where to go. Must not have got the memo that below radar doesn't work anymore.

Jets are still impossible to hit with a stinger. Jets are still pretty much impervious to anything that isn't a better jet pilot. yay.

paskowitz

Below radar does still work on air based lock ons. Right now the problem is that SAMs are a one hit kill most of the time. Still taking away flares (which is bad but not as horrible as I had feared) AND disabling below radar against helis is too much. They increased the damage of the heli rockets and gunner. To me this is also not needed. I guess they did it to balance out flares... but now I can kill ground troops with little to no effort.

In other news, the scout heli is much more balanced with the CITV station like the tank. It can still lock on to ground targets but if you do not have a guy in the CITV the guided rocket cannot lock on to air vehicles. This makes it less of a one man killing machine. Also the CITV in the heli is great for spotting people so it is not really a loss, more of a gain.

Really, the fundamental problem is DICE took the challenge out of the attack heli. It is now easier to be killed in and be killed by. Nobody wants this.

For context GAF joined down by about 200-300 tickets... 360GAF>PS3GAF??? I do not think so.

waypoetic

Banned
Canals is sad. Very sad.

Join Caspian
Equip Stinger/IGLA
Chopper down within 15 seconds

Lol. Transport/and little bird heli's are useless now. I bet alot of people will run to heli's as usual, fly a couple of meters and then all bail out before they reached the docks. If not : you'll get shot down within : 15 seconds.

Cronnie

Any jet pilots got any thoughts on the changes to the missiles?

Also, has the damage been changed on ALL missile types (Heat / Rocket Pod / Guided)?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hummm on that AC130 gameplay video posted earlier the plane was taken down by an Igla.

Suddenly that achievement doesn't seem impossible.

*puts on Sunglasses and turns on the Miami Vice theme* Time to hunt me some ENEMY AC-130 INBOUND's.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I consider myself an average pilot. I am encouraged by some of what I hear, but I feel this patch is geared towards Armored Kill more than the original maps. Only time will tell, but it sounds, initially, that air vehicle combat on the old boards may be short lived.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
:(

You guys stop having fun...

Stopit.
Im seriously thinking about buying Premium >8(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
:(

You guys stop having fun...

Stopit.
Im seriously thinking about buying Premium >8(

n93ov.jpg

at this point, you'll be wasting money (if you didn't get CQ'S)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://i.imgur.com/n93ov.jpg

at this point, you'll be wasting money (if you didn't get CQ'S)

He's got close-quarters. He's gonna have to wait for Armored Kill to trickle down to the peasants while we're busy with our achievement hunting.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
He's got close-quarters. He's gonna have to wait for Armored Kill to trickle down to the peasants while we're busy with our achievement hunting.
Yeah i messed up.
So i have to wait one week right?

Evolved1

Dream you can get perma'd for that... please don't get perma'd.

Evolved1

AC130 needs to be removed from rush.

Lol... I had a feeling watching those vids. But apparently you can take it down with the new uber-stingers. Maybe people just need to change their engineer loadouts.

-Silver-

But apparently you can take it down with the new uber-stingers.
You can, each missile does roughly 20% damage to the craft but are you gonna be looking at that or the multiple tanks that are rolling into your base taking shots at everything standing still? Plus, if you're in the AC130 you should be able to tell who is shooting at you, and that thing does some serious damage.

jayb

I have a bad feeling it's going to be a really late one. :(

considering that yesterday was a holiday, you might be right. the monkeys at sony can't possibly be expected to get all the updates ready within 8 hours of their normal work day. It must be incredibly taxing on them to copy over some files and store links to the production psn server.

Evolved1

Be advised, oscar mic and all that... AK is up via search for US

Top Bottom