• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Kak.efes

Played for a little while, the below radar bug (it is a bug, right?) is pretty awful. An engineer with twenty seconds to spare can't be countered now. That being said, I was racking up the kills due to the increased damage of the rocket pods. The difference was very noticeable.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I have to play RE6 first... but hopefully some of you dudes will be on later tonight.

Played for a little while, the below radar bug (it is a bug, right?) is pretty awful. An engineer with twenty seconds to spare can't be countered now. That being said, I was racking up the kills due to the increased damage of the rocket pods. The difference was very noticeable.

So, shoot him. Now you have to actually engage an enemy in a fairer fight rather than hovering above the ground and he has nothing to counter with? And they buffed your weapons in response? Oh, the humanity.

Evolved1

So, shoot him. Now you have to actually engage an enemy in a fairer fight rather than hovering above the ground and he has nothing to counter with? And they buffed your weapons in response? Oh, the humanity.

You don't have a fucking clue where the lock is coming from 90% of the time. It could literally be coming from anywhere.

A pilot has no idea and the range buff on the stinger compounds it... I played 15 mins of caspian earlier I killed 3 choppers (well disabled one) with stingers, shooting them from the tree line.

Kak.efes

Sure man, no problem, since I automatically know where all enemy infantry is within the confines of all maps, at all times.

so basically, leave the helicopters on the helipad and play infantryfield 3?

I'm hoping!

And to be clear, ECM and flares still work, correct? You just can't stack them anymore? Use them judiciously, I guess.

Heli's were made out of paper in the BC2 Vietnam expansion, which means they were suited for quick strikes and actually ferrying infantry to flags, not as mobile platforms to dominate the map and bump up K/D. I'm sorry (not really) that your favorite weapons have been nerfed. I liked the USAS with frag rounds when it was OP, too.

And I'd trade a nerfed S2A missile for an AA gun that wasn't relegated to the very edges of the map. Do the emplaced AA guns on Caspian, Firestorm and Kharg have any purpose in non-Conquest modes, or on more-populated PC maps? Is Wake Island the only map with a mobile AA on 360?

BVXtv.png

DICE!!!

I'm hoping!

And to be clear, ECM and flares still work, correct? You just can't stack them anymore? Use them judiciously, I guess.

Heli's were made out of paper in the BC2 Vietnam expansion, which means they were suited for quick strikes and actually ferrying infantry to flags, not as mobile platforms to dominate the map and bump up K/D. I'm sorry (not really) that your favorite weapons have been nerfed. I liked the USAS with frag rounds when it was OP, too.

And I'd trade a nerfed S2A missile for an AA gun that wasn't relegated to the very edges of the map. Do the emplaced AA guns on Caspian, Firestorm and Kharg have any purpose in non-Conquest modes, or on more-populated PC maps? Is Wake Island the only map with a mobile AA on 360?

you can't even make quick strikes, one person with an IGLA/Stinger can ensure that a chopper doesn't even make it to shore from the carrier on Oman or Canals. better off swimming...

That sucks, the US spawn is already stacked against you. Still, Canals is one of those maps where I find it hard to feel sorry for chopper pilots. Open-sided scout helicopters should not be dominating a map because you can't lock on to them. I assume passengers can still repair in the air?

JJD

So I played a little bit earlier and I gotta say, canister shells are fucking useless now as THN said. I think I'm gonna use the light machine gun and guided shells from now on. Such a shame...I hope they correct that.

And it's kinda bullshit because if I'm not mistaken you still can alternate instantly on the IFV between the regular shells and the APFSDS-T shells...

Maybe I should edit that out before Dice fucks with that too...

DanielJr82

Played a couple of matches today after the new patch and I'm getting destroyed. I don't know if it's because I'm going wireless now, I'm rusty, or both, but I'm losing a lot of confrontations I clearly had the upper hand or should have won. I normally go something like 30/20 on Operation Metro for example, but I'm doing ridiculously bad now, like 7/30 horrible. It's rage inducing! It's gotta be my connection, I'm not a pro or anything, but I'm not that bad either. I'm seriously thinking the wireless on my Xbox is just crappy. I get full reception on my MacBook but on my Xbox is never over 2 bars, usually just one bar. (I used to game wired, but decided to go completely wireless in the house.)

Anybody else here playing on the Xbox wirelessly?

DanielJr82

It works great on downloading and streaming video off of YouTube and everything, but in gaming it seems to be a little particular. Haven't tried other games, though. I know CoD and Gears are P2P, so they would probably be good indicators.

JJD

It works great on downloading and streaming video off of YouTube and everything, but in gaming it seems to be a little particular. Haven't tried other games, though. I know CoD and Gears are P2P, so they would probably be good indicators.

It may be your connection. Try to play on servers located on your continent. It should help a little.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not sure why you guys were using Cannister Shells when you should've been using guided shells in the first place.

My guided shell/unguided shell 1-2 hit punch brings all the disables to the yard.

Evolved1

We're getting the fucking storm of the century here in PA at the moment... lost power like 4 times. Once while AK was installing, I thought I bricked my console!

The rain god is such a douche.

paskowitz

We're getting the fucking storm of the century here in PA at the moment... lost power like 4 times. Once while AK was installing, I thought I bricked my console!

The rain god is such a douche.

I lost all my data on my PS3 because of a storm. It is not worth it. Save you system and wait until tomorrow.

Evolved1

This game is just pure lock-on bullshit now... and you don't start with smoke in any of the new tanks, real fun.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Played a couple of matches today after the new patch and I'm getting destroyed. I don't know if it's because I'm going wireless now, I'm rusty, or both, but I'm losing a lot of confrontations I clearly had the upper hand or should have won. I normally go something like 30/20 on Operation Metro for example, but I'm doing ridiculously bad now, like 7/30 horrible. It's rage inducing! It's gotta be my connection, I'm not a pro or anything, but I'm not that bad either. I'm seriously thinking the wireless on my Xbox is just crappy. I get full reception on my MacBook but on my Xbox is never over 2 bars, usually just one bar. (I used to game wired, but decided to go completely wireless in the house.)

Anybody else here playing on the Xbox wirelessly?

I did for awhile when I first moved into college. I dun goofed. Lots and lots of lag.

Wired is always better.

tatsuki

So, They took away the gunner seat flares in the chopper but left them on the ac130 0o. I've been wrecking havoc in the ac130 by switching seats and deploying secondary flares.

Kak.efes

- AC-130 gets pieced in less than thirty seconds. I'd hate to be a PC player in that thing.

- The new maps on rush are terrible if you're on defence. If you take out the gunship, the armour will just roll right through you. If you take out the armour, and the gunship will obliterate everything.

- Everyone is running engineer. It was bad before, it's even worse now.

- AC-130 gets pieced in less than thirty seconds. I'd hate to be a PC player in that thing.

- The new maps on rush are terrible if you're on defence. If you take out the gunship, the armour will just roll right through you. If you take out the armour, and the gunship will obliterate everything.

Initial impressions:

Rage. This is pissing me off. AC-130 spawns way too fast and forces player to run Engineer. Hell with an extra gunner and easy-peasy, on rail point and click. Very annoying. It's impossible to defend when you are getting picked off left and right by AC-130 and vehicles, and Im not sure if this is a simple matter of bad teamwork. I really do think it's an overwhelming feature. How many jets do the attackers get? I hope it's not two + the Gunship.

Too much of a focus on Engineers, I know this is about vehicles, but I think console version needs to be tailored.

Conquest is much better with gunship being a flag benefit. I guess it makes sense since these are CQ maps... but I'm a console player, so I'd like to play new Rush maps

It just is too constant in Rush, and Im disappointed to have seen it in 2 maps... I was hoping AC was just for one map, it could very well ruin the map pack/Rush for me

If they can make the AC130 a more powerful, but less frequent objective, then I'd have no issue with it. Maybe make it so that it spawns after every 20 tickets lost or something.

No_Style

So I played a little bit earlier and I gotta say, canister shells are fucking useless now as THN said. I think I'm gonna use the light machine gun and guided shells from now on. Such a shame...I hope they correct that.

It's not the same one-two punch as before but I still prefer it over LMG for instantly taking out infantry at a medium distance. Now it's more like a one --- wait a second --- two punch.

Seriously, who the f decided on the set pieces.

I'm okay with the AC-130 (besides instant-spawn-death), but on Armored Shield alone - the attackers get:
1x AC-130
2x tank destroyers
And an anti-air vehicle

Why don't you just add in a rainbow unicorn also so I can at least laugh at the unbalanced bs.
It's not fun even when we win. Pubs just quit when it's their defense round.

Also m-com placements where you can't possible obtain a good view of both objectives....seriously?

And Sekoku is still going to tell me BF3 is a better game than bc2.

Not sure why you guys were using Cannister Shells when you should've been using guided shells in the first place.

My guided shell/unguided shell 1-2 hit punch brings all the disables to the yard.

i've been using canister shells lately too... the javelin buff slowly converted most people to smoke, which made guided shells useless, and the canister shell comes in handy sometimes.

between the AC130 and the attacker armor, you almost *have* to run engineer. and damn, if that 30 seconds when the AC130 is alive isn't the worst 30 seconds ever! i think i had half a dozen spawn -> [GUNSHIP] instadead!!!

i'm holding out hope that this is just our initial confusion, bad planning and unfamiliarity, because Rush on those maps is... what the fuck?

Conquest is cool though, i liked it on all of the maps! had some randoms in my squad upset about taking quads everywhere... sure the hell beats walking on Firestorm/Kharg/Caspian!

It's not the same one-two punch as before but I still prefer it over LMG for instantly taking out infantry at a medium distance. Now it's more like a one --- wait a second --- two punch.

it's a joke and a waste of time, the canister is on the same timer as the tank shell...

Seriously, who the f decided on the set pieces.

I'm okay with the AC-130 (besides instant-spawn-death), but on Armored Shield alone - the attackers get:
1x AC-130
2x tank destroyers
And an anti-air vehicle

Why don't you just add in a rainbow unicorn also so I can at least laugh at the unbalanced bs.
It's not fun even when we win. Pubs just quit when it's their defense round.

Also m-com placements where you can't possible obtain a good view of both objectives....seriously?

And Sekoku is still going to tell me BF3 is a better game than bc2.

you forgot to mention they also get a helicopter.

so your helicopter has to deal with ... their AC130 ... the Missile Trick ... ANOTHER HELICOPTER ... and infantry with Stinger/IGLA because everyone knows how awesome they are now. shit is BANANAS, i was flying in the dirt and popping up when i had another ECM ready and lasted like 2 minutes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Got my AC-130 kill before someone was able to lock on kill me. Bailed from it. Now to kill someone while they're in it. D:

And Sek is still going to tell me BF3 is a better game than bc2.

Er-No, I'm not? I'll defend to the death that BF3 is better balanced for defense to have a chance to breathe but I'll be damned if you're going to stuff words into my mouth that says I think it's better than BC2. No.

Got my AC-130 kill before someone was able to lock on kill me. Bailed from it. Now to kill someone while they're in it. D:

Er-No, I'm not? I'll defend to the death that BF3 is better balanced for defense to have a chance to breathe but I'll be damned if you're going to stuff words into my mouth that says I think it's better than BC2. No.

you don't have to kill someone, just destroy the AC130. i already got that and the AC130 kill and the Quad bike kill.

No planning will save you from gunship instant dead.

seriously!!!

Armored Shield map starts ... spawn ... [GUNSHIP] instadead!!!

the game JUST STARTED!!!

not to mention the parachute drop is so awesome in Rush.

defenders spawn how far from the objectives? attackers paradrop in at the start...

JJD

Man, rush is absolutely broken. I can see people attacking, quitting the game and joining another game on the attackers side.

I'm going to stick with conquest.

And I take back what I said, choppers are useless now! Lol!

Also I set up the GAF server as unranked for awhile and put a password (GAF) to mess around and explore the maps a bit.

I'll restore the settings as soon as I'm done.

tn2007

Rush defense sucks on the new maps. I really like the layout actually but they need to balance the vehicles better. Hell they need to start making separate patches for PC and consoles.

Helicopters are a joke now because I took out 3 in one round with ease. Conquest armored kill is ALOT of fun and on PC it will be fucking insane.

JJD

Cannister shells were godly man! I didn't even need a gunner when I was running with them. I just killed (almost) every C4 kamikaze and engineer that get too close, and a lot of the ones at distance too!

I can take most regular players 1 on 1 on a tank without the guided shells. I only missed then on canals when I wanted to take out the little birds, but I destroy quite a lot of then (and other helicopters) with the canister anyway.

Now I don't now if I'll be using it.

JJD

Also it's going to be funny as hell playing on those custom rules server were you're not allowed to spawn rape on maps like Death Valley were there is a flag just a couple steps away from the spawn camp!

Looks like GAF is going to have to give up on a flag! Lol!

Top Bottom