• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
After more matches under my belt, Conquest is fun and works, Tank Superiority is really fun!

But i agree, atleast that desert map is too large on Conquest, too quiet and you can hardly rack up points. in TS -mode its much better as all chaos ensues around the controlpoint.

And yes, dont play Rush in these maps :D

Atleast untill when 2 of the following happen:

1. The AC-130 is not a spawnpoint for everyone
  2. Longer respawn time in RUSH

Dipswitch

So I haven't played this game in months and all of a sudden out of the blue I receive three gun club notifications for badges I've supposedly unlocked.

These types of glitches normal? Or should I assume I have all manner of haxorz up in my bidness?

JJD

So I haven't played this game in months and all of a sudden out of the blue I receive three gun club notifications for badges I've supposedly unlocked.

These types of glitches normal? Or should I assume I have all manner of haxorz up in my bidness?

Check your Battlelog to see if you have not been hacked.

Dipswitch

Check your Battlelog to see if you have not been hacked.

I'm not seeing any unusual activity on there as far as I can tell. In fact, my stats (Absymal as they are) don't even reflect what the badge says I've earned. In this case, it's the M1911 - 50 kills badge. In reality, I've got 2 kills, across all varieties of the weapon as far as I can tell. So I'm guessing it's a glitch.

I've changed my Origin/Battlelog password regardless, as a precaution.

tatsuki

That's you? Well done sir, well done...

I have a question. Do you lead your shots a little on the AC-130? I used it for about 2 minutes and even with the reticule perfectly lined on a stationary tank I was still missing shots...
For infantry you don't really need to lead your shots that much. The splash damage seems to kill them even if it's a bit off mark. Vehicle wise, I haven't really needed to lead my shots unless the vehicles were in motion. I've had a few instances like you mentioned where I was completely lined up on a stationary vehicle and no damage was done. It usually registers the second time though if that does happen.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I may not fell like playing BF3 for a while...or any game for that matter

I think I'm officially retiring from BF3... I'm curious to know what End Game even is... but I have no desire to play BF3 anymore.

Too much lock on crap. Unlocks. Bullshit. Retarded choices that are obviously retarded.

I will just play other stuff. Almost 300 hrs of the game, I got my money's worth. But I do regret buying premium. Should have just quit when BF:CoD dropped.

paskowitz

I think I'm officially retiring from BF3... I'm curious to know what End Game even is... but I have no desire to play BF3 anymore.

Too much lock on crap. Unlocks. Bullshit. Retarded choices that are obviously retarded.

I will just play other stuff. Almost 300 hrs of the game, I got my money's worth. But I do regret buying premium. Should have just quit when BF:CoD dropped.

I knew not buying premium was a smart idea. Having the option to pay $15 every 3-4 months is better than paying $50 up front then finding out that money was wasted 6 months later.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

It has nothing due to the maps, although they are meh.

It mostly has to do with what I just noticed in the house.... =(

Evolved1

It has nothing due to the maps, although they are meh.

It mostly has to do with what I just noticed in the house.... =(

What's in your house?

I knew not buying premium was a smart idea. Having the option to pay $15 every 3-4 months is better than paying $50 up front then finding out that money was wasted 6 months later.

Yeah... that was wise of you. I usually don't regret money I spend on games, but this time I do a little bit.

Evolved1

I don't want to say... All I will say it that it's gonna cost alot of money... of which my mother does not have

If it's a plumbing thing, or anything to do with appliances, pm me a picture... sometimes these look worse than they really are.

No_Style

How many times are you going to retire? Are you the Brett Favre of BF3?

I thought you stopped playing a little bit after launch.

Evolved1

How many times are you going to retire? Are you the Brett Favre of BF3?

haha... unlike Brett I'll try to go out this time without first throwing my entire career under the bus.

I've spent a lot of time posting in these bf threads and playing with gaffers... i like everyone... so i was just letting people know. pretty sure it's gonna stick this time. unless End Game has dinosaurs and shit, i won't be around till the next Bad Company makes an appearance.

No_Style

Take a break and hop on whenever; no need to make it all official. Because then it just reminds me of Brett!

Speaking of Bad Company, perhaps it's time for another BC2 night? Probably poor timing because everyone just got their new map pack but it's an idea.

Dr Prob

Banned
Also its my birthday

Mine too! There are supposed to be skeletons but fuck that. Here's Al from the E3 Battlefield thing instead:

ibfETWUmDpjwkB.gif

Keep going! You too Rebel Leader!

waypoetic

Banned
Glad i bailed. Reading your comments and experiences with the game i'm glad i didn't keep it and put down money for premium or whatever.

BF4? Neh, meh, njeeee..

Take a break and hop on whenever; no need to make it all official. Because then it just reminds me of Brett!

Speaking of Bad Company, perhaps it's time for another BC2 night? Probably poor timing because everyone just got their new map pack but it's an idea.

I wouldn't mind another bc2 night.
I wouldn't mind going back to it entirely.

Yeah, I actually decided to study instead of play today. *sigh*

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Glad i bailed. Reading your comments and experiences with the game i'm glad i didn't keep it and put down money for premium or whatever.

BF4? Neh, meh, njeeee..

That's...Nice...cat.jpg

Meanwhile still need to figure out what the hell the mobile artillery and other vehicle is in AK for the 10 kills in each trophy. >_>

JJD

That's...Nice...cat.jpg

Meanwhile still need to figure out what the hell the mobile artillery and other vehicle is in AK for the 10 kills in each trophy. >_>

A good way to rack up kills with the mobile artillery is playing conquest on alborz mountain. Camp on flag B were a MA will spawn. Flag C is really close and it's the AC130 control point making it one of the most disputed flags. You don't even need to move that much and I believe you can even stay in the burn zone while you rain down fire on C.

Kak.efes

A good way to rack up kills with the mobile artillery is playing conquest on alborz mountain. Camp on flag B were a MA will spawn. Flag C is really close and it's the AC130 control point making it one of the most disputed flags. You don't even need to move that much and I believe you can even stay in the burn zone while you rain down fire on C.

I don't know how you people get kills with the mobile artillery. I find it's kinda difficult trying to gauge the distance, but I'll give this a try.

I actually enjoyed tonight more than yesterday. Dream, Faceless, Boatack and I got into some pretty competitive games (we even lost a rush game as offence).

I don't know how you people get kills with the mobile artillery. I find it's kinda difficult trying to gauge the distance, but I'll give this a try.

i just drove it right up next to the enemy and start hammering :D no need to gauge distance when you can see where they land!

:( I'm going to have to get Close Quarters, after all. I want moar guns!

yep, but it's totally worth it for the SPAS12

so which one was supposed to be "biggest in battlefield history"? none of these seem as big as some original Battlefield 2 maps.

Bandar Desert. note where the 7 flags are on PC

12 on 12 feels very small for these huge maps. Not good

i really like them! they all seem busier than Caspian or Firestorm! i'm actually starting to really think that Firestorm would be more action packed if it had 5 flags and some vehicles.

This is deflating.

They said they scaled the maps for consoles, but they look absolutely massive.

technically, the maps are the same size, they just have less (and some different) capture points that are closer together.

Top Bottom