• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Shoot once and press the start button, it'll show up on the map where the rocket landed.

hah, thanks for the tip! :D (DICE, why not give World of Tanks -style overhead view artillery)
interface-artillery-hud-800.jpg

raindoc

I haven't enjoyed playing BF3 for weeks/months now. Hopp on and off for 1-2 matches a week to talk to friends...
Currently i'm staying at my parents and won't be home until the weekend comes...
So guys, what's so bad about AK?

i hoped that it would bring back the fun, but reading these last posts doesn't make it look that way..i'm starting to regret that premium membership...

oh, yeah. let's talk about how AWESOME the Extinguisher unlock is for the Tank Destroyers! more than once last night i have gotten an enemy Tank Destroyer disabled only for the driver to bail and i've gotten out, hit the extinguisher and just jammed the gas/brake and killed them either with a roadkill or a shot right after. SO GOOD!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
oh, yeah. let's talk about how AWESOME the Extinguisher unlock is for the Tank Destroyers! more than once last night i have gotten an enemy Tank Destroyer disabled only for the driver to bail and i've gotten out, hit the extinguisher and just jammed the gas/brake and killed them either with a roadkill or a shot right after. SO GOOD!!!

I just unlocked that (squad repairs, thanks based DICE for easy unlock) but haven't slapped it on yet. I really dunno why they put that on such an easy assignment but whatever.

I gotta get a Mobile Artillery Kill and a few more tank destroyers then 7 more Mobile Artillery kills (these are hard since I can't really read where the shots are going to land) and I've got the last trophy (10 tank destroyer/mobile artillery kills) and the last assignements for Armored Kill IIRC.

Tank Superiority is kinda fun but only kinda. It's just King of the Hill with tanks which is nice and all but I want Rush. :/

olimpia84

It's extremely boring at 200%. It's just alot of going between flags and cap the AC-130 flag over and over.

I'm tired of it already.

Well that's GAF for you. Running/driving from one flag to another in order to win the game while the rest of the randoms get to have fun in the new vehicles. And yeah 200% is too much for these maps.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well that's GAF for you. Running/driving from one flag to another in order to win the game while the rest of the randoms get to have fun in the new vehicles. And yeah 200% is too much for these maps.

so... how about those 500% armored kill servers that are full?

TheSeks

so... how about those 500% armored kill servers that are full?

I was in for Tank Superiority won and it was hilarious. My team basically sat on Bandar Desert's hill and then fired into the enemy spawn. For like a good 10-30 minutes while the ticket bleed slowly dwindled.

TheSeks

A good way to rack up kills with the mobile artillery is playing conquest on alborz mountain. Camp on flag B were a MA will spawn. Flag C is really close and it's the AC130 control point making it one of the most disputed flags. You don't even need to move that much and I believe you can even stay in the burn zone while you rain down fire on C.

I dunno. I can't hit shit on that map since it's too varied for the Mobile Artillery.

I did get the Mobile Artillery destroy kill with C4 at that spot. Laid 3 C4 on it and 2 around it. Someone took it. I went to help capture B and noticed my 3 C4 gone.

*click*

Seks <C4> SomeDumbAssInAnObviousTrap (seriously how did he miss the C4 after my 10 attempts?)

And I dunno WHERE the dude was. Battlefield moment(TM) on that front.

Yeah.
This is not working out for me.
The randoms on both sides don't play the objectives
I actually feel like I was having a better time during my studying haitus.

Going to stick with vanilla BF3 or maybe join the reddit bc2 group.

TheSeks

Yeah.
This is not working out for me.
The randoms on both sides don't play the objectives
I actually feel like I was having a better time during my studying haitus.

So... practice trollin' then?

TheSeks

No, I'm completely serious. If they aren't focusing on the objectives why should you?

"BUT I WANNA WIN! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Yeah, and so does the rest of GAF. But the rest of you crying instead of putting your big boy pants on and shifting gears to "BUT I WANNA HAVE FUNNNNNNN" for the next two weeks is kinda sad. But whatever, quit BF3. I don't give a damn.

Meanwhile I'm soooo getting negative KDR since I can not get used to these long range engagements.

tatsuki

No, I'm completely serious. If they aren't focusing on the objectives why should you?

Yeah, and so does the rest of GAF. But the rest of you crying instead of putting your big boy pants on and shifting gears to "BUT I WANNA HAVE FUNNNNNNN" for the next two weeks is kinda sad. But whatever, quit BF3. I don't give a damn.

Wanting to Win(fun), have fun(fun) and play the game how it was meant to be played(fun). Is sad? 0o

Nori Chan

I like how they give out the premium assignments when they nerf the fuck out of the helicoptor and Engineer is going to be the kit of choice until December. I can only get one or two kills in the helicopter before I get bombarded by stingers and have to jump out.

fuck giving kill credit to those fuckers i jump out of jets when im disabled too fuck it yolo

Meanwhile I'm soooo getting negative KDR since I can not get used to these long range engagements.

Woah Mr. "I play whatever style I want/hate on CQD/Not gonna play with xxx/ragequit whenever/Don't give a damn".

Don't bitch on other people not wanting to "shift gears/be flexible" when you do the same thing to modes & situations you consider to be "shitty".
Some of us have preferences, just as you do and wouldn't want to give a damn.

At least have the decency to respect other people's decisions as they do to yours.

Lakitu

st5fu
Found a ridiculous server earlier while playing some CQ. No PDW's, no AEK, no shotguns, no claymores allowed etc. I didn't notice at first and got kicked after using the SPAS-12.

On another note, been watching some footage of Armored Kill and it looks so good. Can't wait.

So what's the consensus on the tank destroyer alternate fire? HE shells, or the TOW?

TOW! it does DAMAGE and HE Shells are on the same timer as normal Shells anyway.

also... EXTINGUISHER, DAT SH CRAY!!

Just got banned for killing the AC-130

thanks DICE!

Found a ridiculous server earlier while playing some CQ. No PDW's, no AEK, no shotguns, no claymores allowed etc. I didn't notice at first and got kicked after using the SPAS-12.

On another note, been watching some footage of Armored Kill and it looks so good. Can't wait.

is it just me or are more servers banning Stinger/IGLA than the usual wierdos?

RUSH would be great if the Ac130 wasn't a mobile spawn point

RUSH would be great if the Ac130 wasn't in RUSH

JJD

So what's the consensus on the tank destroyer alternate fire? HE shells, or the TOW?

Don't know if it's consensus, but I'm using the TOW. The HE Shells have the same delay time the Canister Shells have, and I like the having the ability to hit an enemy with the TOW and regular shell in quick succession.

Plus I don't know if it's just me but the HE shells have a huge recoil when you shoot, I always have to realign my aim.

JJD

I think if the AC-130 control point wasn't a flag the new maps could be a little better.

You would have to choose between controlling the AC point wasting valuable resources (tickets) to hold it, or capture flags to have the ticket advantage and worry about the attack from above.

Also Tank Superiority should be a mix of conquest and rush. Hold a flag for a certain amount of tickets and then the flag would move to another place in the map and you have to do it all over again. The winner would be the team with more tickets by the end of the game. The way it is right now if you have a competent team with tanks and engineers spoting and fixing your armor you'll probably hold the flag until the end if you capture it first.

Maddocks

maybe someone can answer but I use the HE shells and they just feel....weak.

i assume they would be able to take out a tank quicker thus be a replacement, but it seems that it doesnt help but holds it back. Is it just me that doesnt know how to use it correctly?

JJD

4 ps3 gaffers on right now
JJD
JM
Kurisub
HalfLifeHCG

none of them are playing together.

THE FAMILY IS BREAKING APART!!!

Haha! I didn't join the guys because I wanted to play on the vanilla maps. I could have used a little hand you can't trust randoms for nothing this days...

I join Damavand conquest and my team is getting trapped. After a lot of killing (and dying) we manage to push the enemy back to their own base.

I'm with the tank and there's three engineers by my side (no one is gunning) when I'm rushed by at least 4 engineers. I manage to kill two but the enemy tank shows up and engage me.

What do you think my random friends did?

A - Fix my tank so I can hold ground and we can continue trapping then.
B - Shot rockets at the enemy tank and help me take it down.
C - Shot the enemy engineers trying to take our tank down.
D - Who cares about that guy on our tank? RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

PandaL

JJD
JM
Kurisub
HalfLifeHCG

Only JJD is in my friend's list and I didn't join him because he was playing in Vanilla maps. :(

Haha! I didn't join the guys because I wanted to play on the vanilla maps. I could have used a little hand you can't trust randoms for nothing this days...

I join Damavand conquest and my team is getting trapped. After a lot of killing (and dying) we manage to push the enemy back to their own base.

I'm with the tank and there's three engineers by my side (no one is gunning) when I'm rushed by at least 4 engineers. I manage to kill two but the enemy tank shows up and engage me.

Option D.

Rebel Leader

The obvious answer would be D.. HOWEVER, we never give multiple choice to questions like these. And since 3 give randoms an good mind.... 1 does not..

=3

i was thinking E - KNIFE!

Fonz72

Aaannnnnd back to normal maps i go. thought i bought battlefield, not a running simulator.

You sir, are doing it wrong. The new maps are VEHICLE based. Jump in some armor and blow shit up! Learn to fly and get shot down by stingers! The new maps are what you make of them IMO.

That said, you paid for them so you should learn to play in a style that makes them tolerable at least. I forced myself to play CQ maps just so I got some value out of the pack.

Im confused. What "Mutliplayer Update" do i download lol. They all seem optional. Do i need to download #1, #3, #4 and the server update? I dont even see a #2. A clear understanding would be appreciated.

Im confused. What "Mutliplayer Update" do i download lol. They all seem optional. Do i need to download #1, #3, #4 and the serve update? I dont even see a #2. I clear understanding would be appreciated.

You have ventured into the lowly slums of the console peasants.
Run away (y/n/a?)

Rebel Leader

I still see people auguring about that patch about the chopper and people saying that IGLA should be able to lock on to the chopper at low attitudes while other keep using the patch 1.04 note which include:

• Below Radar will now also prevent the lock on of Stinger and IGLA missiles.

UFRA

JJD
JM
Kurisub
HalfLifeHCG

LOL

I have been really picky with these AK maps. I only want servers that are 200% tickets or less, normal rules, and just the 4 AK maps for conquest so I can work on unlocking shit for the Tank Destroyer and Mobile Artillery.

I'm just about where I want to be now with unlocks so I'll be rejoining the crew again.

LOL

I have been really picky with these AK maps. I only want servers that are 200% tickets or less, normal rules, and just the 4 AK maps for conquest so I can work on unlocking shit for the Tank Destroyer and Mobile Artillery.

I'm just about where I want to be now with unlocks so I'll be rejoining the crew again.

I joined your game on death valley, but then you left shortly after.
Had to carry this whole meh team through a 60 ticket deficit:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/63489264/4/188837097/

JJD
JM
Kurisub
HalfLifeHCG

honestly I haven't been on in ages, I only played one of the new maps last night, but I'mma get on now and join ya guys if I can, I'm really rusty though.

Top Bottom