• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

ua4FH.jpg

Omni

I entered a server where my side was getting spawn killed by jets and helicopters (Enemy somehow had ours too). Doing the obvious thing, I got the stinger missile and shot down a jet...

not 15 seconds later I'm banned.

<3 custom servers.

Lakitu

st5fu
I once entered a server and got kicked. I didn't even set my loadout yet. I also got banned once for setting off an MCOM too early lol.

I've been kicked plenty of times for killing admins, those are the worst.

-Stranger-

The game seems fine to me after the patch.
Only noticeable thing was gunners in the Heli not being able to use flares.

I was playing the Back to Karkand maps last night, good fun.

Omni

The game seems fine to me after the patch.
Only noticeable thing was gunners in the Heli not being able to use flares.

I was playing the Back to Karkand maps last night, good fun.

Yeah, same. I did notice last night that when any aircraft use rocket pods however, tanks die pretty much instantly even with reactive armour (I'm talking one pass in a jet/helicopter and you're dead). I'm 90% sure it wasn't as bad before, even though the patch notes don't say anything about it.

Fucking custom servers.

I'm playing by the rules set by admin, everything's fine. Then get kicked. The fuck? Are there any official servers with 300% tickets?

TCRS

Banned
Why no new tanks? Getting tired of Abrams and T-90... what about the German Tiger and British tanks? Modern Combat had more tanks then BC2 and BF3...

other than that I can't see Armoured Kill being fun on consoles. I wish I had a gaming PC :/

-Silver-

tanks die pretty much instantly even with reactive armour .

RA only ever protected you from RPG/SMAW, mine, C4, tank shells and non laser designated guided missiles. It doesn't protect you from laser designated guided, APFSDS-T, HE rounds from IFVs or AMTRAC, rocket pods, chopper gun, Jet cannon rounds and the repair tool.

JJD

How you're dealing with the chopper changes BK?

I like how you can deploy the ECM after the enemy has already launched a missile at you and it will miss.

Kak.efes

How you're dealing with the chopper changes BK?

I like how you can deploy the ECM after the enemy has already launched a missile at you and it will miss.

Depends on the map and mode. Generally on the few rush maps which allow choppers, pretty great, but that's primarily because I know the terrain so well, so I can obstruct most lock on attempts. Conquest is another story. Engaging enemy choppers is just stupid now. You end up both dying (unless the other guy is truly awful), or at the very least, destroying each other's chopper before bailing. There should be an unwritten rule amongst pilots not to engage one another.

As for the new maps, only Alborz is conducive to any type of flying.

tatsuki

I'm curious if anyone here has stuck to the same soldier class since the game released, and how it worked out for them. I mean really minimal stats for the other 3 classes

Maddocks

I'm curious if anyone here has stuck to the same soldier class since the game released, and how it worked out for them. I mean really minimal stats for the other 3 classes

went engineer and never looked back honestly. Because whenever I switch to another class no one does anything about tanks. Tank parks at an M-Com everyone pretends it doesn't exist, so I have to jump back to engineer to deal with it and just never switch back.

I try to move to other classes but, I cant do it. Engineer just fits me.

tatsuki

went engineer and never looked back honestly. Because whenever I switch to another class no one does anything about tanks. Tank parks at an M-Com everyone pretends it doesn't exist, so I have to jump back to engineer to deal with it and just never switch back.

I try to move to other classes but, I cant do it. Engineer just fits me.

Do you ever get sick of it? I've jumped around the classes quite a bit. I use Engineer the most as well. Lately I've been kind of wanting to just stick to just one class for now on though.

No_Style

I play to the demands of the game. It turns out the Engineer is really useful in a lot of situations. If it's a more infantry oriented CQ match, I'll throw out the Medic. I use Support and Recon in defensive games.

fritolay

One thing to think about when getting kicked by admins: Maybe it wasn't what you did or didn't do, but just that the server was full and they wanted friends to join?

tatsuki

Possible, but more than likely butthurt admins.

Yea, It can go both ways I guess. Usually It's because they're "butthurt" though. I've been kicked multiple times recently just because the admin or admins friend couldn't get into the good seat of the ac-130 before me. I guess the second seat isn't good enough. I got kicked another time for apparently not knowing how to use the flares in the ac-130 as well... -_-

It's a shame we can't play those maps in conquest without the ac-130.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's a shame we can't play those maps in conquest without the ac-130.

It's a shame infantry only isn't "ground vehicles and infantry only" but alas... DICE are boneheaded.

Got my 10 mobile artillery kills on Sunday, BTW. Done with armored kill outside of dicking around in Rush. But I'mma going back to BC1 to get my last 1500 kills for the platinum when my connection is good instead of BF3. :/

It's a shame infantry only isn't "ground vehicles and infantry only" but alas... DICE are boneheaded.

Got my 10 mobile artillery kills on Sunday, BTW. Done with armored kill outside of dicking around in Rush. But I'mma going back to BC1 to get my last 1500 kills for the platinum when my connection is good instead of BF3. :/

We should all just move to Kentucky and get Google Fiber.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Small patch coming:
Gustav Halling said:
These updates are expected to go live either late this week (Thursday/Friday) or early next week (Monday/Tuesday) for all platforms. Its to early to say when yet.

List of things we are fixing / tweaking:

Mobile Artillery
The Mobile artillery&#8217;s &#8220;Proximity Defense&#8221; unlock is causing players to &#8220;suicide&#8221; when being used in both vehicles with higher reprorate in the US HIMARS.

Gunship in Rush
Defenders have been having a hard time winning the last week and we are making tweaks to even out the battlefield =)
The Gunship will respawn after 90 seconds instead of 60 seconds in Rush after being destroyed.

Alborz Mountains Conquest Large (PC only)
On conquest large there is a bug where the Russian attack helicopter doesn&#8217;t show up in the spawn menu.
It is however spawned in so either drive down to it or use a airplane as a &#8220;spawner&#8221; closer to it.

Have a great week and I will see you online!
(I will be hanging on the Webhallen servers =)

/ Halling

Source

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just fucking give it to the defenders

And drop the paratroop option in Rush. Gunship for defense would allow easy spawn camping, though... :/ Give them more armor but the longer spawn could help, can't really say right now.

The 30 seconds extra spawn time doesn't solve the issue.
At least not the very first set.

If troops can still paradrop in faster than defenders can get to their base - you might as well just give away the first base.

Small patch coming:

Source

i guess their "metrics" must have shown the defenders getting absolutely CREAMED for them to change that so fast.

still... not enough!

The 30 seconds extra spawn time doesn't solve the issue.
At least not the very first set.

If troops can still paradrop in faster than defenders can get to their base - you might as well just give away the first base.

indeed. it has to be a longer respawn than that, plus it has to spawn the first time like 30 seconds after the game starts, not immediately.

and i'm still not sure that would be enough. and even no paratroops still means people can spawn on a gun and bail.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
ahhh fuck...

I'm not able to play Bf3.. I select multiplayer and the screen dims.... nothing else

EDIT: and still happening fuck
Deleted game data, rebuilt database, now reinstalling Bf3\

EDIT 2: I see PSN is doing maintenance. That could be the reason why

meppi

Tale number 384 of admin abuse.

Was playing Seine Crossing CQ, alternating between engineer with a 1014 when I saw a tank and a recon with a sks and a x4 scope.
Things are going rather well. Get a message by some random dude saying "7x".
Don't even bother asking what he means and continue to play.
The clan on the other side calls in reinforcements since they are getting their butt kicked.
After some team stacking and shitty tactics, they take the lead.
Then I get another message talking me this is my last warning and I should put a x7 scope on my sks or they would ban me.
Nothing like that was even in the server log.

Decided to tell him to go fuck himself and left the server myself as I was tired playing with these kinds of loser anyway.
Such a wonderful community this game has!
Can't wait for November 6. Pfff

iboEmWaw2es9fJ.jpg

ib0rrh6iZ57dCD.jpg

Lakitu

st5fu
Tale number 384 of admin abuse.

Was playing Seine Crossing CQ, alternating between engineer with a 1014 when I saw a tank and a recon with a sks and a x4 scope.
Things are going rather well. Get a message by some random dude saying "7x".
Don't even bother asking what he means and continue to play.
The clan on the other side calls in reinforcements since they are getting their butt kicked.
After some team stacking and shitty tactics, they take the lead.
Then I get another message talking me this is my last warning and I should put a x7 scope on my sks or they would ban me.
Nothing like that was even in the server log.

Decided to tell him to go fuck himself and left the server myself as I was tired playing with these kinds of loser anyway.
Such a wonderful community this game has!
Can't wait for November 6. Pfff

Their heads would probably explode if they saw me with my SKS / QBU-88 RDS. :p

Top Bottom