• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

meppi

Their heads would probably explode if they saw me with my SKS / QBU-88 RDS. :p

Would have been nice to troll them with two crazy Rambo "snipers" running around like that.
Still can't believe how those idiots were expecting me to lay flat on my belly with a x7 scope, camping in a bush or behind a trashcan like they were doing.

Anyone who's ever played with me knows that's as far as you can get when I go recon. ;P

JJD

Sorry about all the cursing on the last game guys. I hate when people clump together...

I was at a corner tacking peeks at A (first set) and killing everyone attempting to disarm, I killed at least 4 guys and then 4 friendlies group together around me making it impossible to get out of the line of fire...I died and a couple seconds later all the dumbasses were dead too...the defenders managed to disarm.

Why randoms don't spread out when protecting the objectives??? Why they insist on making themselves easy targets? I lost count how many times I'm capturing a flag and someone arrives and goes prone right next to me...SMH...

Maddocks

Do you ever get sick of it? I've jumped around the classes quite a bit. I use Engineer the most as well. Lately I've been kind of wanting to just stick to just one class for now on though.

never sick of it, but I do get bored with it. So I switch up to support or assault.

I never play alone, so I always let my clan know im switching to another class so they can play engineer if they want.

we try to keep our squad diverse. Because you know randoms, all of a sudden 1 squad with all recons.

It's out on 360
INDEED!

CrtQS.jpg

Omni

I have absolutely no idea what's going on with my download. It's taken three hours... At one point it was at 70%, but then it went down to 38%. Once it got back to 50% again, apparently it started again.

I'm in the dashboard beta, but it's starting to piss me off now.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on with my download. It's taken three hours... At one point it was at 70%, but then it went down to 38%. Once it got back to 50% again, apparently it started again.

I'm in the dashboard beta, but it's starting to piss me off now.

i'm in the dashboard beta too and had no problems downloading armored kill. it went from 0-100% in about an hour.

Lakitu

st5fu
Just played a few rounds on the new maps.

Do not like. At all.

I'm so disappointed right now.

What's so disappointing? I've only played conquest on Armored Shield / Alborz and rush on Alborz and I'm loving it so far even with the reduced player count, they were a lot more intense than the stuff in vanilla conquest. Hope they take a lot from the maps in this one because they're so much better than the stuff we got in the original game going by first impressions.

UFRA

What's so disappointing? I've only played conquest on Armored Shield / Alborz and rush on Alborz and I'm loving it so far even with the reduced player count, they were a lot more intense than the stuff in vanilla conquest. Hope they take a lot from the maps in this one because they're so much better than the stuff we got in the original game going by first impressions.

Just wait until your helicopter crashes 300km away from any civilization.

They advertise such gigantic maps, but the truth is a lot of it is just wasteland in between the flag points and what not.

I usually just commit suicide if I end up somewhere in between. Running for 5 min straight isn't so fun.

I think there should still be regular MBT's and IFV's in the Armored Kill maps too (just 1 of each). It would seem a little more like a bigger scale battle then. The fact that all these new vehicles just simply replaced the old ones in the new maps makes things feel pretty much the same in a lot of ways. I'm pretty good with a Tank Destroyer with the Autoloader and TOW missile combo. I have survived entire matches with the same one, and many times I find myself just cruising around looking for something to do since I've killed all the other tanks for the time being. It's like...really? Just 2 tanks on the field for a gigantic map?

I already unlocked everything for the Tank Destoryer, and just about done with Mobile Artillery. After that I may go back to vanilla. I miss the Abrams ;)

I have to download another 1,5 GB? Was the 1,4 GB thingy last week only the update? SERIOUSLY?

fucking Dice...

Yeah wtf indeed, pissed me off when I went to play and it said I didn't have the DLC.

Also I keep getting kicked by admin, fucking losers cry when I shoot down their jets.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Where are the mobile Artilerry and any tips how to use it

Rush: Armored Shield Attackers second (near bridge) and third set (?) (don't think it's given for last set, def. not the first)
Conquest: Alaborz Mountain (B) and I think Armored Shield.

Go into My Soldier ->Stats->Vehicles for the minimap icon. See that icon? Burn it into memory, grab it before others and luck out get 10 kills with it. The getting kills with it is the hard part, really. You can make roadkills count (IIRC I got one and it counted toward the ten needed?) as well but that's tough given how slow it is.

@Faceless: HAHAHAHAHA that Night Map is a straight line. So much for that "balanced for 64 players," shit, huh?

TheMan

my impression is that the maps are too big for their own good, especially since consoles are gimped with only 32 players.

would that be correct?

Gunship kills me in spawn
Fire 2 or 3 Iglas
Finally take it down
-20 seconds later-

This was a great idea. I love this. So much fun.

redhot_

Fire 2 or 3 Iglas
Finally take it down
-20 seconds later-

Welcome to AK. Going to have to dig deep for those good servers know.

xclaw

Fire 2 or 3 Iglas
Finally take it down
-20 seconds later-

Only seems to happen to me in Rush mode. CQ, everyone manages to take it out shortly after it spawns each time. Plus it's easier to hide from while you reload in CQ.

When I press start at the main menu it freezes up. Anyone else having this problem on 360?

Edit- the save icon in the bottom right just blinks forever

Double edit- clearing the system cache did the trick

jayb

Only seems to happen to me in Rush mode. CQ, everyone manages to take it out shortly after it spawns each time. Plus it's easier to hide from while you reload in CQ.

I agree. The next patch that increases the spawn time of the gunship should help in Rush.

meppi

Really liking the new maps for the most part.
Not sure about the fake night map though.
No DICE, putting a bright blue filter over a regular map and changing the bitmap of a sun to that of a moon does not a night map make.
They have to explain to me how the moon can blind someone in real life. Sure it's not as bad as the sun in this game, but still...

Made the mistake of joining someone who was in a hardcore mode match for my first game.
Talk about stupidity in motion. So many team kills. SMH.

Hey you jumped on an ATV. I wanted that!
-No problem, jump on the back, I'll drive. Honk honk.
NO THANKS! BLAM.
*idiot teamkilled meppi64*

And then you look up his score and see that he's 0-12.... sheesh.

Maps are way too big..
Rush would be bearable if the defending team didn't always quit cuz they dont have the AC130
Helicopters are nerfed to shit...
Battlefield just gets worse with time :/
Why did my ATV just blow up because I crashed into a fence.... C'mon.

Omni

Just played a few games this morning... Not as bad as I originally thought. But still, there seriously needs to be more vehicles. I shouldn't be left in game trying to decide whether or not to go for the objective because it's too far away on foot.

The only vehicles that seem to spawn are the quad bikes... and they're absolutely useless. For a game expansion centred around armoured warfare, it seems to be severely lacking. I'm a tank whore, and they're pretty much non-existent in this expansion (Tank destroyers aren't the same).

Fracas

#fuckonami
These maps are pretty good (especially Alborz), but the gunship nearly ruins it. It doesn't even outright kill most of the time, but the suppression combined with lowering health is so damn annoying.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The only vehicles that seem to spawn are the quad bikes... and they're absolutely useless. For a game expansion centred around armoured warfare, it seems to be severely lacking. I'm a tank whore, and they're pretty much non-existent in this expansion (Tank destroyers aren't the same).

ATV's aren't bad. Issue is the vertical gameplay kinda screws with them along with full speed not being too fast and kinda uncontrollable when you hit that speed.

Should be like the Humvee where you can slide the back-end out mashing the brake to drift it at speed. Would make it hella fun to use.

DanielJr82

Played a few games. The matches in general were pretty frustrating, I think we only won one match in Tank Superiority (one flag?), in which I decided to forget the tanks and just roll recon and snipe down all these engineers running around.

The Gunship doesn't last a long time. A moderately skilled jet or chopper pilot can take it down in one or two passes. Don't bother with the lock on if you're going on the jet, just use your machine gun.

Top Bottom