• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Das-J

Law of the West
I think I might have epic failed...

Haven't played in a while as I've been crunching my ass off, but when I got home tonight I did the following and I can't seem to join a single game of AK:

- Navigate to Marketplace tab
- Redeem code
- Start game
- Download 1.4 gig patch
- restart game( main screen shows as Battlefield Premium)

But, I cannot join a single game through the server browser, and quick launch doesn't show any AK or CQ content...

Did trying to redeem through Marketplace instead of the game screw things up?

I think I might have epic failed...

Haven't played in a while as I've been crunching my ass off, but when I got home tonight I did the following and I can't seem to join a single game of AK:

- Navigate to Marketplace tab
- Redeem code
- Start game
- Download 1.4 gig patch
- restart game( main screen shows as Battlefield Premium)

But, I cannot join a single game through the server browser, and quick launch doesn't show any AK or CQ content...

Did trying to redeem through Marketplace instead of the game screw things up?

You may still need to DL the actual maps. Check the in-game store.

Das-J

Law of the West
Sadly, when I attempt to do so it asks for 4000 MS points. I could be missing something though, so I'll try again in the AM, but if not I'll be sure and harass everyone from DICE that I see at the office tomorrow! :)

UFRA

Wow, I found my new bit of entertainment with the Armored Kill maps.

Mobile AA.

My last game tonight on Armored Shield I spent the entire match in the Mobile AA and just shot down helicopters and the AC-130 the whole match. I went 28-5 and our team was able to be pretty comfortable in the air and land without all those birds annoying them. ;)

So much fun lol...

Putting the anti-air missiles on the Mobile Artillery isn't a bad situation either. Still more fun as a true AA guy though.

Sadly, when I attempt to do so it asks for 4000 MS points. I could be missing something though, so I'll try again in the AM, but if not I'll be sure and harass everyone from DICE that I see at the office tomorrow! :)

I believe some were experiencing the same issue as you a few months back, but I can't recall if there ever was a resolution or workaround.

How's MOH coming along? Any changes made to the HUD?
Specifically for 720p :p

-Stranger-

So far i've played Armored Shield, Death Valley & Alborz Mountain.

Had heaps of fun on all these maps. Alborz Mountain probably my favourite.
Death Valley in the tank destroyer is great.

Omni

Armoured Shield is the best map, IMO. It has a bit of everything.

Facism

Really enjoyed armoured shield earlier. Managed to keep the enemy air down with the ac130. Main cannon has a nice oomph to it and satisfies when it hits.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I'm playing AK without re-downloading the Premium code from the store

I like the old knife anyways =D

-----

You say that now, go play RUSH.

----=-

DICE give the gunship to the defenders

Rebel Leader

There's just so many horrible things in this post.

So many

How so?

worst. idea. EVER.

objective would never get armed.
Just like how objectives never get disarmed

tumblr_m8ewar86mA1qd30o1.gif

On armor shield rush 2nd set, attackers have tanks, mobile artillery and the AC-130.

Defenders get tanks and chopper.

WTFBBQ?

(yeah, it would be balanced without the AC-130. )

Rebel Leader

On armor shield rush 2nd set, attackers have tanks, mobile artillery and the AC-130.

Defenders get tanks and chopper.

WTFBBQ?

(yeah, it would be balanced without the AC-130. )

The RUSH maps I think would absolutely perfect if it weren't for the AC-130

Even though I would like to see how giving it to the defenders would play out

JB1981

I have a question. I just purchased Premium and now I want to download the Armored Kill DLC. How do I do that? I am on X360.

gigglepie

Neo Member
I have a question. I just purchased Premium and now I want to download the Armored Kill DLC. How do I do that? I am on X360.
It's available to you automatically. It was in that huge patch download, and now that you have Premium, it's unlocked for you to play, just find a server.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
After a long break i played some matches last night.
SO GOOD.

Cant wait for AK!

Maddocks

AK rush. Give defenders more stuff to counter the 50 tanks they give attackers and the ac130, while awesome for attacking comes back way to fast.

I get they expect everyone on the team to switch to engineer and use stinger bells or iggy pops, but come on now. everyone is looking at the sky like an alien invasion is happening the attacking team can walk to the objective and set it and then when the defenders look down to try and defuse they see 4 tanks parked at it.

not saying give the defenders the ac 130 because that would just break the game the other way where the defenders are blowing up tanks before the attacking team can even get into 1. Make the spawn longer for it(longer then the 90 seconds, should be at least 3 minutes) and give the defenders 1 more tank. Because on one map they give the defenders 1 tank and 1 jet, while the attacking team gets 2 tanks, amtrac, jet, ac130. OP!

dc2x

Neo Member
Has anyone else had problems playing Grand Bazaar since the latest patch? the game will freeze up, guaranteed, every time that map is played. so far I've frozen on the respawn screen, while ADS and on the post-match stats screen

I totally went against what I had decided a while ago that I'm only going to get Armored Kill, and I bought Premium. Here's to hoping it was worth it!

JJD

Man PS3 GAF is a shadow of its former glory...

No one is playing the game anymore.

Olimpia is playing Rayman or Xenoblade.
Hunting Beast is playing Tales.
Rock went back to Bad Company 2.
Dave is playing 23 different games.
Seks internet is fucked up so he don't play anymore.
Dream is taking a vacation.
Faceless is probably playing on the 360.

Ejas, BK, Rebel, JM, NoStyle, Evolved, Dawn, Patriots and Boa are M.I.A...

I miss my bros...

forever-alone-guy-painting.jpg

TCRS

Banned
All my friends are whining that the maps are too big, but I'm really liking them. They're good in both conquest and rush. I miss my Abrams/T-90 in conquest though...

The ice map looks amazing. That's the scale the Skyrim mountains should have had. It's like wow! Did anyone manage to get to the highest point? I almost made it once but then the match was over..

TCRS

Banned
AK rush. Give defenders more stuff to counter the 50 tanks they give attackers and the ac130, while awesome for attacking comes back way to fast.

I get they expect everyone on the team to switch to engineer and use stinger bells or iggy pops, but come on now. everyone is looking at the sky like an alien invasion is happening the attacking team can walk to the objective and set it and then when the defenders look down to try and defuse they see 4 tanks parked at it.

not saying give the defenders the ac 130 because that would just break the game the other way where the defenders are blowing up tanks before the attacking team can even get into 1. Make the spawn longer for it(longer then the 90 seconds, should be at least 3 minutes) and give the defenders 1 more tank. Because on one map they give the defenders 1 tank and 1 jet, while the attacking team gets 2 tanks, amtrac, jet, ac130. OP!

Hmmm.. yeah that's another downside. Way too many air and ground vehicles for attackers on some maps.

I miss my bros...

I'll go back to playing BC2 if there were more people.

BF3 is just too all over the place for me right now
Fuck the engineer all the time bs.

Rebel Leader

I just got the platinum trophy for Rayman today so I'm done with it.
still playing Xenoblade though :p

Still can't wait

Monolith Soft is developing a game for Wii U, as well. Their title was not revealed during Nintendo Direct, but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said Tetsuya Takahashi and the Xenoblade team are creating the game. This will be a new title not tied to an existing series.

eyvNG.gif

Rebel Leader

They will come back when they see me fall!!!

I hope! :-D

Where are you? I didn't like the story very much but the gameplay and exploration are great!
Really looking forward to Monolith games from now on!

Mm6Rj.gif

----

I see you keep playing 500% 24/7 metro server

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm still here but the complete lack of update on my connection situation is completely horseshit and you have no idea how pissed I am about it.

On the bright side, I'm going though my singleplayer backlog. I just completed Uncharted 3 tonight, for instance.

No_Style

I miss my bros...

I usually check in nightly but I was sick on Wednesday. Real sick. :(

And today is football.

DanielJr82

*Runs over admin with quad*
*Gets "killed by admin" on the next match*

LOL... sore loser. Watch out, we got a bad ass with an auto kill button on the Xbox servers.

JJD

Mm6Rj.gif

----

I see you keep playing 500% 24/7 metro server

The game is great but the story is too much animu non sense for me...

I tried to play armored kill but it had the opposite effect on me! Instead of big vehicular maps where I would go from flag to flag and hardly be bothered this DLC just made me want to play on the vanilla infantry maps...

I was never that big on big endurance games, but lately I'm finding Metro, Bazaar and Seine just too much fun to pass! If you're willing to play I'll gladly join you on normal games Codman!

KAOz

Short bus special
They will come back when they see me fall!!!

I hope! :-D

Add me on PSN. PSN id is in my profile. Just getting back into the game again after a few months. (Installed everything today even. Had a few quick matches.) Will probably be on later on tonight again.
Let's do some Vanilla and Karkand maps damnit. Will probably bring in Waypoetic aswell so we'll be a little squad.

Top Bottom