• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The verdict on the official battlelog forum is that it's only worthless to those who weren't good pilots in the first place.

Says those who couldn't take down choppers before
---

I bet that game wasn't normal tickets but it could have been.

---

It was easy to take them down, now it's just easier

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Maybe its because i havent played it in months but there was a lot of lag last night.
Like "Emptying a full clip at close range and nothing" kinda lag.
Then i get killed by a single shot =/

Apparently Alborz Mountain is the most liked map by the BF3 community right now. Personally, it is the only map out of the pack that I don't like at all. Am I the only one?

yes.

i can understand it not being your favorite, but not liking it? that's crazy talk!

It's the only map that is too open for good infantry combat and too cluttered for good vehicle combat. It's also not balanced properly. One team starts at the top of the mountain next to 3 flags, one of which includes the gunship. The other team starts at the bottom of the mountain with 2 flags and has to travel past the massively open gap to get to where the battle is actually happening.

Says those who couldn't take down choppers before
---

---

It was easy to take them down, now it's just easier

Good thing I never cared a bit either way! :)

Although I guess I would want more people in choppers and less people near ground objectives.

BTW, one hour of bc2 yesterday is still way more fun than the AK snoozefest

PandaL

Does this game have global matchmaking?
Can I buy the game on US PSN and play with EU people?
(I live in EU)

Yes, but if you want to play only in EU region servers then you have to use the server browser all the time. Quick match puts you in all region servers.

The verdict on the official battlelog forum is that it's only worthless to those who weren't good pilots in the first place.

Removing the gunner flares isn't a big deal. The real problem is they fucked below radar.

Apparently Alborz Mountain is the most liked map by the BF3 community right now. Personally, it is the only map out of the pack that I don't like at all. Am I the only one?

Albortz Mountain is my Favourite in AK and its easily one of the Best maps in BF3. I'm actually waiting for someone to make a Albortz Mountain 24*7 server.

It's the only map that is too open for good infantry combat and too cluttered for good vehicle combat. It's also not balanced properly. One team starts at the top of the mountain next to 3 flags, one of which includes the gunship. The other team starts at the bottom of the mountain with 2 flags and has to travel past the massively open gap to get to where the battle is actually happening.

Actually the US have the advantage. Basically the US control flags A & E most of the time since the RU have a hard time defending B, C & D from the US. If one guy in your US squad plays recon & plants in spawn beacon in B or D then its game over for RU.

If the US team is losing the match then it means that the team is full of n00bs.

Omni

Eh. Game of Conquest on Kharg I just had...

capturepgq.png

I really hate games like the that. I felt like I was the only one doing anything... Haven't been so frustrated in a game, well ever. There is no reason why we should've lost, just people being retards.

So guys, should I buy the BF3 Premium disc wich is 8 euros cheaper than Premium unlock on PSN? Is it still worth getting Premium?

It's all a matter of opinion. If you still really enjoy playing the game this far after launch then it is worth the pickup. Not that big a fan of the Close Quarter maps but the guns that come with it are really good. Loving all the other maps so far.

I'll think about it, I have clanmates playing this game daily like me, but eventough they're premium they went back to stock maps after close quarter.

Kak.efes

It was normal tickets, and it was a hard fought game. In fact, we progressed to a new set twice with zero tickets left, and only because I bombed the shit out of the last MCOM as they were attempting to disarm it, not to sound like a boss or anything :p

GAF's Undisputed Chopper Champ™

Omni

They really can't increase the player count on consoles? The Armored Kill maps can be so dead at times.

Tell me about it. The more you travel the more empty said maps seem to become, so I just stick to the same portion of the map - even if that means defending the same two or three flags in conquest.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
GAF's Undisputed Chopper Champ™

AbuC > You but you're still better than 90% of GAF. Sorry.

yes.

i can understand it not being your favorite, but not liking it? that's crazy talk!

I dunno, to me AK map in terms of "I enjoy playing on," but given my time on those maps has been VERY brief is:

Armored Shield (but it's COMPLETELY BANANAS with the AC-130 in Conquest and Rush), Night map (but they need to take the AC-130 out in Rush), Alborz Mountain Rush (but take the AC-130 out again and give the defense a bit more armor. Then again the AC-130 gave me a moment of paradropping into enemy territory in a forest looking over A/B and spotting people before getting knifed [in my defense, couldn't hear him coming up on me/didn't have anything but the SOFLAM in class kits in haste] there. I love that "beachfront" art-design, the mountains themselves: not so much. It's a pain in the ass getting up on some of the places that people get up to. Alborze Mountain Conquest Lowest in enjoyment: that desert "BIGGEST MAP IN THE HISTORY OF BATTLEFIELD" one. Not so much the size but because I've never been a fan of hoofing it across deserts with no cover.

Not sure why, but I actually felt good about that rage quitting tonight.

P.S. It was annoying as hell trying to keep the team alive in karkland.

JJD

Not sure why, but I actually felt good about that rage quitting tonight.

P.S. It was annoying as hell trying to keep the team alive in karkland.

Man those games were great, but after awhile losing gets really annoying. It's been a long, long time since we duked it out with really skilled players.

The thing that surprised me is that I checked the battlelog of those guys and most of then have more or less the same stats as us...some of then have actually lower stats.

When we were playing I thought those guys would have way more impressive stats.

And yet their victory was undeniable. We never got really close to winning on those games.

What do you think was the difference? The rest of our team not doing shit, or that squad with 2 guys from each clan tipping the game on their favor?

AbuC > You but you're still better than 90% of GAF. Sorry.

I don't know man, Abu's greatest strength was being a complete player. On foot he was probably the best gaffer I ever played. But on the chopper I think BK is a little bit more skilled.

It's hard to measure since choppers are really different between BC2 and BF3. It's such a shame that Abu left.

TheSeks

It's hard to measure since choppers are really different between BC2 and BF3.

You're missing what I'm arguing if you think I'm measuring on terms of helicopter piloting differences. I shouldn't even have to explain it if you've rode in the gunner seat of both. That's all I'm gonna say since I'm not gonna start drama and was only being a flamboyant bitch sniping.

Man those games were great, but after awhile losing gets really annoying. It's been a long, long time since we duked it out with really skilled players.

The thing that surprised me is that I checked the battlelog of those guys and most of then have more or less the same stats as us...some of then have actually lower stats.

When we were playing I thought those guys would have way more impressive stats.

And yet their victory was undeniable. We never got really close to winning on those games.

What do you think was the difference? The rest of our team not doing shit, or that squad with 2 guys from each clan tipping the game on their favor?

Well, they did a few things things that only dedicated squad can pull through:

1) They Bait
For one of the clans, they would all travel in 2-3. When reaching an opening, one will run straight through going for cover, while the other will stay from the safe spot to keep watch. For the pubs, the first runner in the open instantly baits others into chasing them. The watcher then mow them down any chasers from behind. Then any remaining pub's reaction is to get rid of the closer guy (watcher) and head toward his direction. At this point, the first runner has turned around and start mowing people down the same way.

If the first runner somehow did get killed in the open, the watcher would then loop around to either 1) avoid anyone who might have noticed the scheme or 2)sneak up on the person who just killed the runner. When possible, the medic was always the last one to go out.

2)They knew which vehicles to use or don't use
For the 3 flag games their top players were always on foot or running around on jeeps.
They didn't waste their time on air vehicles or jeeps that were slow and easy target in small maps. The jeeps in particular are annoying because 1) it's how to kill the driver, 2) they can still ram people 3) they travel fast in the 3-flag maps.

--------------------------------
Then for our team, people had a tendency to lump together and go for the most convenient flag. To put it more clearly:

Scenario A:
Your Base --------A ----------B------------C----------D*---------E*---------Enemy Base.

Say A B C been caped and two gaffers are fighting at D & E.
Most people's tendency is to spawn on their squad mates/stick around at D/E, either because:
1) They want the cap points
2) They think it's easier to hold enemies back
3) A is too risky as no one is around to back you up.
Usually I would say that would be the right decision.
However, realistically you need 1-2 people to take the job and hit up A instead.

The problem is that this is really difficult to do for some people, especially if your squad mate also happens to be in a chopper/tank (false sense of security)

Scenario B (Karkland):
Enemy Base ----------A ---------B---------C---------D---------E.

At one point of the game we were in a situation where ABCD were all capped, and we just got E back. Most of the team's proceeding action is to do this:

Cap C or D.

Now this is usually the convenient thing to do. However, against good players....they'll just wait for you at BCD. It's too freaking obvious.

So right after we capped E, I just ran for A...ignoring all other flags. The rest of the team kept at CD, you attempted at B.
I lone capped A while hiding away from an enemy tank (IGNORE VEHICLES YOU CAN'T HANDLE!!!). At the same time, BCDE were all gone again orz. And I felt responsible for keeping the game alive lol.

The team should have came helped at A or joined at B for a united effort.

Anyway, this is a common problem, like people who won't ever move away from Bazaar B - even though some other flag may be easier to cap.

Scenario C:
While I was in a non-gaf squad, I noticed my squad mates all did one thing thing. They one together like they were clued. They lump together and ask to be easy targets of double kills. I hate it when that happens.

I don't know man, Abu's greatest strength was being a complete player. On foot he was probably the best gaffer I ever played. But on the chopper I think BK is a little bit more skilled.

It's hard to measure since choppers are really different between BC2 and BF3. It's such a shame that Abu left.

Overall, I would have to agree with Sekoku that Abu was the better chopper pilot.
BK is more of your traditional skilled chopper pilot who excel in maneuvering and tends to focus more on keeping the vehicle alive/rack up kills to achieve his ends.

Abu on the hand uses the chopper more for the objective/pinpointing targets. You're more likely to see him pull off crazy stunts like bailing on a c4 chopper to bait attackers and then arm the m-com/steal tank. Fly low and pop up behind an enemy's base to take out priority targets. He also does nice little things like turning vehicles to shield engineers from enemy fire.

To put it more precisely - since he was such a complete player, he made wonderful/optimal decisions on what to do with vehicles other than just kill. Which is also why it's the most fun to gun for him, cause it always feel like he's setting up the stage for you to take out the most important things. For most other pilots, you gun to just kill whatever you can most easily kill...without much of an importance sometimes.

TheSeks

even worse... trying to get the gun master winner ribbon. at least that's not tied to an assignment though.

lol, I'm not getting that or the Tank Superiority one. Fuck adding extra modes (and I'm not getting Squad Rush/Deathmatch either)

GenericUser

tomorrow is the day, already took wednesday off, will be playing AK all night and all day long!

any PSN bros wanna add me: sponksta.

I am advised.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just join in on a small game (2-3 people).
Even if more people join, you should have a bit of lead by then.

Unless you suck...
Definitely the easiest way is to join a sever that doesn't have many people. You will have a jump on the people that join later. Depending on the server, it may not even populate past 5 people.

Oh yeah i thought of that... but ... its like cheating V_V!

EDIT: AK TOMORROW!!!

TheSeks

lol WTF @ G-man .gif

Anyway Armored Kill isn't disappointing per say... just some bone-headed design decisions. Namely the AC-130: Awesome on paper, but in execution it needs tweaks per specific modes. It also further proves my point that DICE can't handle various variables by dumbing them down to certain modes/ammo types for the guns and needs THOUSANDS of variables (okay maybe not so much for the gamemodes) to properly balance/tweak and tune each specific variable instead of blanket buff/nerfs across the board.

(Also it seems my connection wasn't too crap tonight. Maybe they're fixing it... maybe. I guess I'll see when I'm off work Wednesday night when I get home from there and see if it's still crap "prime-time" here)

Also if any of you see Calion on, tell him I need him to PM me his response.

Oh god...it's been hilarious ever since I learned to hide mines under vehicles & environments.
I'm getting 6-8 mine kills per game +hate mails.

Tips:
1) Abuse downward slopes.
2) Abuse hole on the ground
3) Abuse AT-mines under vehicle trick
4) Some destroyed building wreckage aren't actually solid, so you can place at-mines right through them and no one will see it. One particularly good one is the A-facing entrance for Kharg's C-flag. There's a few wreckage on the ground that you can just place the mine right through them...

5)For some reason you can place an at-mine vertically against the brown long blocks. It'll stick like its c4. For example the bridge between D and B on bandar desert. People will just drive by and boom.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64955065/4/188837097/ < 4 mine kill
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64957169/4/188837097/ < 6
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64953187/4/188837097/ < 6

TheSeks

You guys and getting AT mine kills. Makes me sad that I rarely get kills with them despite carrying them for a full day whenever I play. T_T

JJD

Cal posted here about a month ago saying he was back for a couple games but I didn't see him online. He pops up on my friendlist every now and then but he stayed offline for more than 3 months (I think) not too long ago. I think your best bet is sending him a PSN message.

Did you guys see the new Medal of Honor trailer?

It seems that you can have equipped at the same time the iron sights and an acog scope. I thought it was amazing, way more useful than choosing fire modes on guns. If we had that option I would run with an acog all day on BF3 and use the iron sights for close encounters.

I wish Dice give us that feature on BF4.

Oh god...it's been hilarious ever since I learned to hide mines under vehicles & environments.
I'm getting 6-8 mine kills per game +hate mails.

Tips:
1) Abuse downward slopes.
2) Abuse hole on the ground
3) Abuse AT-mines under vehicle trick
4) Some destroyed building wreckage aren't actually solid, so you can place at-mines right through them and no one will see it. One particularly good one is the A-facing entrance for Kharg's C-flag. There's a few wreckage on the ground that you can just place the mine right through them...

5)For some reason you can place an at-mine vertically against the brown long blocks. It'll stick like its c4. For example the bridge between D and B on bandar desert. People will just drive by and boom.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64955065/4/188837097/ < 4 mine kill
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64957169/4/188837097/ < 6
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64953187/4/188837097/ < 6

AT Mines under vehicles is so last game... AT MINES ON VEHICLE is what's up!

Cal posted here about a month ago saying he was back for a couple games but I didn't see him online. He pops up on my friendlist every now and then but he stayed offline for more than 3 months (I think) not too long ago. I think your best bet is sending him a PSN message.

Did you guys see the new Medal of Honor trailer?

It seems that you can have equipped at the same time the iron sights and an acog scope. I thought it was amazing, way more useful than choosing fire modes on guns. If we had that option I would run with an acog all day on BF3 and use the iron sights for close encounters.

I wish Dice give us that feature on BF4.

yeah, that was a nice feature.

JJD

yeah, that was a nice feature.

RTS_Barry_large4.jpg

Imagine that baby on the SKS or M417!

They need to add more quads to the Armored Kill map immediately. Too many times I've been stuck in the middle of nowhere.

It's pretty annoying getting stuck far away from the action on AK, but if we had more quads every time you captured a flag and moved to another the enemy would just move to the flag you just left instead of try to defend their own.

Everyone would be moving in circles and you would engage in even less fire fights IMO...

AK really isn't designed for consoles... :-(

Fersis

Got Top 5 on Gun Mode... on a full match!
Now.. winning 3 more Squad DMs

ARMORED KILL TODAY!! WOOO!!

Top Bottom