• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/images_inv/h/p/25497/RTS_Barry_large4.jpg

Imagine that baby on the SKS or M417!

You can do that in Call of Duty 8 already, but I don't really like it. Well, not all the guns in CoD8 can do it but certain ones (in singleplayer and multiplayer I think?) can. It's a neat "gimmick" but kinda awkward to use in the heat of battle, IMO.

Plus I love the purity of good iron sights. Just me though.

Omni

The lack of people playing the objective on consoles is really, really frustrating. I guess that's what I get for jumping in a server alone, but eh. If you have a tank on Kharg and we're dominating on the ground, don't drive up on the hill and try to snipe people... take the god damn objectives that the lone enemy players are capturing.

Do I have to wait til 5-6pm for the update to PS Store or is AK available now? Too lazy to switch my internet connection from my computer to PS3 to check.

JJD

Oh god...it's been hilarious ever since I learned to hide mines under vehicles & environments.
I'm getting 6-8 mine kills per game +hate mails.

Tips:
1) Abuse downward slopes.
2) Abuse hole on the ground
3) Abuse AT-mines under vehicle trick
4) Some destroyed building wreckage aren't actually solid, so you can place at-mines right through them and no one will see it. One particularly good one is the A-facing entrance for Kharg's C-flag. There's a few wreckage on the ground that you can just place the mine right through them...

5)For some reason you can place an at-mine vertically against the brown long blocks. It'll stick like its c4. For example the bridge between D and B on bandar desert. People will just drive by and boom.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64955065/4/188837097/ < 4 mine kill
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64957169/4/188837097/ < 6
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/64953187/4/188837097/ < 6

This is how you use mines!

AK is alright. Night and mountain board are the best CQ. Rush isn't great so far but haven't played much. Tank Superiority is ok but this attracts even more stupid people than Rush.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tank Superiority on Alborz Mountain (The one with the frozen lake) is bonkers.
Havent tried Conquest yet. (I dont play Rush anymore lol)

JJD

Tank Superiority on Alborz Mountain (The one with the frozen lake) is bonkers.
Havent tried Conquest yet. (I dont play Rush anymore lol)

Did you like it?

I think it's the weakest Tank Superiority map.

Once you get the flag, if your team is half competent the enemy will have a really hard time coming down the mountain.

You can't use zoom or you'll be vulnerable without smoke, when the enemy finally gets to the lake they already are at half health or even worse.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Did you like it?

I think it's the weakest Tank Superiority map.

Once you get the flag, if your team is half competent the enemy will have a really hard time coming down the mountain.

You can't use zoom or you'll be vulnerable without smoke, when the enemy finally gets to the lake they already are at half health or even worse.
The match i had was pretty close. And it was bonkers.
I love me some mechanical mayhem everynow and then.

Gonna try Conquest tonight.

waypoetic

Banned
Hm. Tried downloading the 'full game trial' on PS+ for BF3 (gonna see if the input-lag is still in for me with all the patches etc before i re-buy it) but it keeps telling me i don't have enough free space on the HDD - i have 14+ GB free and the gamefile is 13 GB.

:(

JJD

Hm. Tried downloading the 'full game trial' on PS+ for BF3 (gonna see if the input-lag is still in for me with all the patches etc before i re-buy it) but it keeps telling me i don't have enough free space on the HDD - i have 14+ GB free and the gamefile is 13 GB.

Must be because of the huge patches. I doubt the patches are included in the download.

And if that version is the one bundled with Premium you will need more or less 2 gigs per expansion. So B2K, CQ and AK at least 4.5 gigs.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

You need atleast double the size of the game IRCC.. I think I had 25 gigs when I DL'd infamous 2

I think I tried at 18 gig and nothing happened

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It use to be great but everyone is wise to it now and it isn't nearly as good.

kaU5u.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

You have to have double the space for digital downloads since it has to download the install file in addition to the game data IIRC. Or maybe I'm forgetting the exact size but digital downloads are slightly more than advertised for the installer.

Omni

Hear about the glitch where two people on a map can't use the knife takedown at the same time? I always wondered why the knife would screw up sometimes. Guess we only have to wait another two or so months before it gets patched... :\

Facism

new favourite maneuvre is gettign in close with a pistol, popping off a couple of shots and then swiping the knife across their chest for the kill. Really gets some people mad lol.

TCRS

Banned
I love the new maps on Rush. I can finally use my LMG + bipod + mortar properly. Defending and attacking.

But sometimes the vehicle balance is just fucked up. On that Skyrim map: defenders get one T-90 and one plane. Attackers: something like three tanks, quads, gunship AND plane. the fuck was DICE thinking.

TCRS

Banned
So we were playing a boring spawn killing conquest match on Metro when we decided to check out the physics and graphics of the game. Some of the stuff is beautiful (the ceiling in that booth at B, shooting bullets through an unbroken window at the RU spawn etc.) and some butt ugly (bitmap lights at B, missing bullet holes in the ceiling etc).

Anyway, we realised that small objects like cardboard boxes are not the same for everyone. Data for that box's position is not transfered to other players. So while you might think that you are hiding behind a cardboard box, that box might not exist for the other player at all. Quite significant imo given that I used to hide behind them all the time (especially at Metro).

edit:
that was on the xbox 360 btw.

Nori Chan

I love the new maps on Rush. I can finally use my LMG + bipod + mortar properly. Defending and attacking.

But sometimes the vehicle balance is just fucked up. On that Skyrim map: defenders get one T-90 and one plane. Attackers: something like three tanks, quads, gunship AND plane. the fuck was DICE thinking.
wat

waypoetic

Banned
because when you think about it

For example:

The game file is 10 gigs, and the install is 10 gigs

so 10 gig file + the 10 gig installation = 20 gigs total

Maybe i didn't make it clear : i used to own BF3 (discversion). PS+ autodownloaded some patches awhile ago, so i think i'm set with all the patches (and i didn't delete the ones from before).

... And the gamefile (atleast what it says on the PSN) is 13 GB. If it has some sort of lock on it that it automatically detects that the user don't have 20~ gigs of free space on the HDD and because it needs to install 10+ gigs more of patches - it won't download because of the "failsafe" or whatever, i don't know.

I'm not buying a game just to find out that the input-lag is still there, and in my country you can't walk in to a Gamestop and buy a used game and return it within x amount of hours (which you can do in the states) - which could've been another alternative/solution.
So i tried to download the gametrial from PS+ on PSN... Without any success.

Omni

I've never gotten a kill with a mortar, I've caused damage to people though.
I'm prestige lvl 9 as well lol

I've got 7 kills and I'm Colonel 45! Remember when it was actually useful and you had to go out of your way to kill the guy using it? Those were the days.

Maybe i didn't make it clear : i used to own BF3 (discversion). PS+ autodownloaded some patches awhile ago, so i think i'm set with all the patches (and i didn't delete the ones from before).

... And the gamefile (atleast what it says on the PSN) is 13 GB. If it has some sort of lock on it that it automatically detects that the user don't have 20~ gigs of free space on the HDD and because it needs to install 10+ gigs more of patches - it won't download because of the "failsafe" or whatever, i don't know.

I'm not buying a game just to find out that the input-lag is still there, and in my country you can't walk in to a Gamestop and buy a used game and return it within x amount of hours (which you can do in the states) - which could've been another alternative/solution.
So i tried to download the gametrial from PS+ on PSN... Without any success.
Delete the patches, install the game and then downloading said patches again might work. Pain in the ass of course.

I've never gotten a kill with a mortar, I've caused damage to people though.
I'm prestige lvl 9 as well lol

It's situational.
Use it on tough rush games where defenders crowd around the m-com.
Especially if they're known to c4/claymore the surrounding area.
There have been many times where it was the only way for people to get through.

It's also good on certain conquest games if you can get another teammate to run the mav for spotting.

RiverBed

Banned
Would stingers count ass AA kills?

Also, is it true vehicle kills are not counted towards the vehicle assignments on the Armored Kill maps?

patapuf

Would stingers count ass AA kills?

Also, is it true vehicle kills are not counted towards the vehicle assignments on the Armored Kill maps?

The vehicles count, you just have to be careful with vehicle types. Only the Abrahams and the T90 count as "Main Battle Tanks" and the tank destroyers don't count as IFV, they are in a separate category.

The stinger counts as AA kill but i don't think there is any assignment tied to that. There is one for killing helis with AT weapons though.

ShaneDude

Just bought this game from that $10 sale and I keep getting kicked by punkbuster. I get this message " This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.292)". WTF, why doesn't this MP work right out of the box.

Fersis

Faceless are you up for some SQDM tonight?

Overdoziz

Banned
Since when is the Pecheneg such a beast? I've been using it since a few days and I'm tearing through the opposition. Last time I used it (few months after launch) the thing had a shitload of recoil but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer.

TCRS

Banned
Yeah, they reduced the recoil in one of the many updates.

The RPK is fucking useless now. Did they reduce the accuracy or something? I used to destroy the other team with it (russian holo + surpressor), but now I can't do shit with it.

Top Bottom