• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

rdrr gnr

Evolved1 said:
You are Mouse? Fucker... you had my number in that one Damavand Peak conquest match. Every damn time I tried to get rolling I hit a wall (you). Usually from a direction I wasn't facing. But you 1v1'd me a couple times, so I gotta give you that.
Haha, yeah. Sorry about that. I'm loving this A-91 and I was in my rhythm that game. Good thing we don't have to play against each other all that often.
CatPee said:
The M26 MASS is like the 40mm Shotgun from BC2, only x8 the awesome with a 6-slug mag size.
3AQmK.gif
Yeah, I heard it got a massive buff from the beta. It was ass previously.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
We have 76 people on the PS3GAF list. 0_o

That is way too many for us regulars to pick through and send invites. If any greenhorns want into gaf games then I will be accepting PSN friend requests until my list is full and trying to get you guys into the fray.

My PSN is Evolved1. Somewhere in message please have "BF3 and your gaf username (or lurker if you're not registered here yet)".

If you do this, I will accept your request and do my best to get you into our games. But only to the limits of my FL. After that's full, you'll need to find another gaffer to help you get into games and onto people's FL's.

I'd like to help you out if I can, so if you really want to play with a good group this is your shot.

GenericUser

Don't know if it has been mentioned, concerning the input-lag on the ps3:

If I reduce the video resolution to 576P (lowest possible res), the lag seems to be less noticeable. If anyone wants to try it out, be my guest. Needless to say the game gets a lot uglier if you do that.

I will play in 576P until DICE releases a fix for that problem, its so much more fun when you actually are able to aim smoothly.

Massa said:
I suspected trophy whoring on TheSeks part, but that explains the rest of you. :lol

That MP7 would have to be pretty damn good though. And I bet they'd nerf it as soon as I unlocked it, lucky as I am.

Yeah, Faceless used to play BC2 on both but the yellow light got to him. If I remember it right he bought a phone or some useless other gadget instead of replacing it, and TheSeks never forgave him since (or something along those lines).
Android Phone > *

Bruiserk

Alright Olimpia, I gotta say it's really frustrating when I'm going solo in a tank because no one decides to hop in with me, get in a battle with another tank by myself, win said battle and then heal my tank from 8% to 100% only to have you spawn on me and steal my tank >_O

I don't want to come off as an asshole here, but it is frustrating.

oh yeah, tonight on Metro defense, i got 1010 points from only using the MAV! i literally did not move more than 5 feet from where i spawned initially. one of my teammates dropped an ammo box near me and set up a mortar and it almost was unfair... spot and mortar combo while the rest of the team murdered everyone else. the attackers didn't even get close!

DarkFlow

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
oh yeah, tonight on Metro defense, i got 1010 points from only using the MAV! i literally did not move more than 5 feet from where i spawned initially. one of my teammates dropped an ammo box near me and set up a mortar and it almost was unfair... spot and mortar combo while the rest of the team murdered everyone else. the attackers didn't even get close!
Yeah that is fun. :) you roadkill anyone yet with the mav? It's always a good time.

olimpia84

Bruiserk said:
Alright Olimpia, I gotta say it's really frustrating when I'm going solo in a tank because no one decides to hop in with me, get in a battle with another tank by myself, win said battle and then heal my tank from 8% to 100% only to have you spawn on me and steal my tank >_O

I don't want to come off as an asshole here, but it is frustrating.

I didn't know it was your tank. I think I spawned on somebody, looked at the map first thing like I always do, and saw a white tank symbol in it right next to me so I hopped into it.

olimpia84

Just checked my battlelog and we had at least 10 wins in a row, I'm sure we had more than that. We steamrolled and kicked so much ass that the game had no choice but to split the GAF team towards the end. I hate when that happens but oh well, it was a fun night full of win.

deano469

Neo Member
Evolved1 said:
We have 76 people on the PS3GAF list. 0_o

That is way too many for us regulars to pick through and send invites. If any greenhorns want into gaf games then I will be accepting PSN friend requests until my list is full and trying to get you guys into the fray.

My PSN is Evolved1. Somewhere in message please have "BF3 and your gaf username (or lurker if you're not registered here yet)".

If you do this, I will accept your request and do my best to get you into our games. But only to the limits of my FL. After that's full, you'll need to find another gaffer to help you get into games and onto people's FL's.

I'd like to help you out if I can, so if you really want to play with a good group this is your shot.

Where is the PS3GAF list? Had a look at the beginning of the thread but i can only see one for PC and 360. Would love to get in with a squad that knows what they are doing instead of randoms that are more interested in their KD ratio than actually winning games.

deano469 said:
Where is the PS3GAF list? Had a look at the beginning of the thread but i can only see one for PC and 360. Would love to get in with a squad that knows what they are doing instead of randoms that are more interested in their KD ratio than actually winning games.

Try again. Look harder.
The very end of first post.

Ketch

Dreamgazer said:
A good guide on using the soflam:

Would love get some good teamplay with this thing. And I really need to unlock the laser guided missiles with the jet, the rocket pods are not super useful.

JJD

olimpia84 said:
Just checked my battlelog and we had at least 10 wins in a row, I'm sure we had more than that. We steamrolled and kicked so much ass that the game had no choice but to split the GAF team towards the end. I hate when that happens but oh well, it was a fun night full of win.

Yesterday was the same...more than 10 wins in a row! The only game I lost tonight was when I first joined and was on the opposing team to GAF. Those late night games are doing wonders to my stats! ^.^

Also, big props to Olimpia, Bruiserk, Evolved and Mouse! We were fucking awesome today! I believe we got the ace squad pin in every single game!

Seks you'll eventually get the Squad Wipe ribbon, don't worry. I didn't have a single one yesterday, and today I got 3. I didn't even notice, and I wasn't trying to get then.

Of the ones I'm missing the hardest ones for me will be the knife 4 guys (lost count of the stupid deaths I had trying to knife people), kill 6 with air vehicles (only way I'm getting this is gunning for someone) and take out 2 guys with emplaced weapons (I loved then on BC2, but in BF3 it seems there's only rocket launchers and that useless emplaced AA gun).

Edit: We won more than 16 rounds in a row yesterday and today each. Just checked battle log! Awesome!

Jtrizzy, don't think twice about double dipping! Playing with PS3 Gaf has never been more fun!

DarkFlow

Banned
EasyTGT said:
Would love get some good teamplay with this thing. And I really need to unlock the laser guided missiles with the jet, the rocket pods are not super useful.
I had someone use it once when I was using the Guided Tank Shells. The round flew up then took out the other tank in one hit.

deano469

Neo Member
Dreamgazer said:
Try again. Look harder.
The very end of first post.

Cheers for that Dreamgazer, i assure you im better at spotting than that in the game lol! Battlelog is blocked at work but will get myself up on the list when i get in later.

red731

...I have battlelog open at work all the time since it is the closest I can get to Battlefield 3...

*jcdentonshame.wav

deano469 said:
Tell me about it, pretty much anything to do with gaming is blocked. Luckily Neogaf has slipped through the net so can keep up to date with whats going on here :)

Then those sysadmins really don't know jack shit about gaming sites ;D

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
TheSeks said:
Then you got extremely lucky, because even in clusterfucks in Metro's tunnels defending B I NEVER get it. It's so annoying.

Seriously: I'm 40/45. I'm missing:

-Squad Wipe, obviously.
Real Easy, as stupid as it is, spot, if you see a huge Star = Squad Leader, chase him, most of the time teammates spawn on him, got so many ribbons like that LOL

-Defend 4 M-COM stations (possible to do by disarming, IIRC but half of GAF goes for the crate in Rush on defense and fuck going for disarming myself with randoms)
I think you need to get 1 kill per MCOM (I think), not 4 kills @ 1 MCOM, cause we got to last set and this ribbon popped right @ my 5th kill near a MCOM (think 1 didn't count due to the area of kill)

-In a round get 2 Nemesis kills (if someone is my Nemesis it never indicates it like it does in BC2. >:|)
So easy again. Play Rush with Vehicles, be good with tank, watch Nemesis pins pile up. Also the person that kills you look @ top right of the box it says "Foe" then #-# of how many time he's killed you and how many times you killed him

-2 Kills with Emplaced Weapons (WHERE THE FUCK ARE THESE!?)
These look like AA canon icons on the map, they are placed at corners near you base, always 2+, it's just a bitch getting 2 kills, because, either people bail vehicle or you get killed =/

-6 kills with air vehicles (could've gotten this yesterday if Brusier actually sat still and didn't hardlock me when I was gunning at tanks. "NO! NO! GO BACK! THEY'RE BAILING OUT AND REPAIRING! LET ME KILL--ARGH!")
Need GAF's help on this one, if a good pilot with flares on Kharg can get it easily

There you go, I still need help ; ;

Help a Robber Out!

deano469

Neo Member
Does anybody know if there is a setting to adjust the volume for voip talk through a headset (found one in the PS3 settings for mic volume but not speaker volume)? I use an old wired logitech headset (no volume control on it) that i got with SOCOM on PS2 and find that i struggle to hear people speaking unless i have my surround sound system turned right down. If there is no way to do it, could somebody recommend a headset, wired or wireless?

hamchan

Sent you a friend request Evolved1. I'm from Australia though so most of you guy's peak times are around my lunch time. Good thing I'm on holiday right now. I also don't have a headset, is that alright?

DarkFlow

Banned
This game pisses me off so much. Well more my random teammates more then anything. I never get this mad over a game most times. It's just some of these people might be the most retarded people to ever walk the earth.

I can't wait for MW3 to come out so some of these morons will leave.

dc2x

Neo Member
is anyone else on Virgin Media having connection issues? constant disconnections and if not that then crazy rubber banding

deano469

Neo Member
dc2x said:
is anyone else on Virgin Media having connection issues? constant disconnections and if not that then crazy rubber banding

Not had any connection issues but i do get rubber banding every now and then, i thought that was more down to the servers than my ISP though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, hi. I got my Stationary Weapon Ribbon because a pilot flew a little too close to the sun anti-air emplacement on Dramavand Peak Rush. Thanks, duder!

Now that leaves:

-2 Squad Wipes (*MUMBLE GRUMBLE*)
-2 Nemesis Kills (*MUMBLE GRUMBLE*)
-6 Air Kills (Y U NO GIVE ME ONE KILL BRUSIER WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE!?)
-Defend 4 M-COM stations.

Tawpgun

I hate how hard it is to kill people from vehicles now.

I'm fine with the disabling mechanic, but once a vehicle is disabled, another rocket should blow it up.... It's kind of annoying to keep blasting an APC/TANK while its on fire and the guy inside is waiting it out, unloading his fury at your team to the very end.

And another thing, I want there to be a Coral Sea-like map in BF. All Planes, All the time.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
A27 Tawpgun said:
I hate how hard it is to kill people from vehicles now.

I'm fine with the disabling mechanic, but once a vehicle is disabled, another rocket should blow it up.... It's kind of annoying to keep blasting an APC/TANK while its on fire and the guy inside is waiting it out, unloading his fury at your team to the very end.

And another thing, I want there to be a Coral Sea-like map in BF. All Planes, All the time.
I disagree. The added time gives nearby engineers time to get the job done. However, if you place mines properly, the tank and it's occupants will perish. ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
A27 Tawpgun said:

NO THANKS, BRO. You want that go download 1943 and play that map over and over and over. I don't want a mandatory air map in rotation.

Also counter-motaring people is hilarious and they'll generally wisen up fast once you're not killed and getting a killstreak just mortaring them.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ok um... I forgot today was Uncharted release day. So I will accept invites but you might have to put up with me playing that today instead of BF3. But I'll get on BF3 at some point.

When you finally get your asses into a GAF game, spam some FR's to other gaffers. They are more likely to accept if you give your GAF ID in the message.

Top Bottom