• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Az

What do you guys think about random mcom points in rush? Dont remember if we talked about this before.

Would be fun and eliminate people mortaring the shit out of it all the time. Also, popular hiding spots would be almost useless.

Ketch

A27 Tawpgun said:
I'm fine with the disabling mechanic, but once a vehicle is disabled, another rocket should blow it up....

Yea! I think this definitely makes getting kills in jets waaay harder, I get so many more disables then kills because people can just jump out. It's hard enough as it is!

olimpia84

TheAzRim said:
What do you guys think about random mcom points in rush? Dont remember if we talked about this before.

Would be fun and eliminate people mortaring the shit out of it all the time. Also, popular hiding spots would be almost useless.

I never thought about this but I think it would be a cool idea. But regardless, don't the MCOMs show up in you mortar radar? I think they do so people will continue to mortar them as long as they are out in the open.

Ketch

Yes they do show up in on the mortar map.

Random MCOMs is kind of interesting, but it would have to be a server option or something.... I could totally see a team getting screwed because the MCOMs just randomly ended up right next to each other or in a much easier place to cap then the other team had.

Az

Havent tried the mortar yet so I didn't know they show up. Well, I am sure there could be some limitations to make sure they are not right next to each other or at impossible spots. I'd like that challenge of not knowing where I need to go next and having to use different routes every time.

Is there a server on 360 that people on GAF tend to gravitate towards?

New to the game so I'm not sure what's the best way to meet up with people on the fly.

Miggytronz

CartridgeBlower said:
Is there a server on 360 that people on GAF tend to gravitate towards?

New to the game so I'm not sure what's the best way to meet up with people on the fly.

Join GAF XBOX Platoon on Battlelog.

Miggytronz

mbmonk said:
Are there any major flaws with the PS3 version? My friend and I are thinking about grabbing it today.

only thing i hear about is people using quickmatch and getting their squad split up, but using those people are failing to us server browser for what it is.

Just make sure when you play with friends join a game through server browser. quick match only if your solo and dont give a fuck.

mbmonk

Mikasangelos said:
only thing i hear about is people using quickmatch and getting their squad split up, but using those people are failing to us server browser for what it is.

Just make sure when you play with friends join a game through server browser. quick match only if your solo and dont give a fuck.

Thank you very much.

olimpia84

Looking at the battle reports I stumbled accross this awesome comeback that I had with Evolved last night. I think we were down by more than 100 tickets at one point and we only had a few tickets left but we managed to hold two flags and let the ticket bleeding do its work until the end.

JJD

olimpia84 said:
Looking at the battle reports I stumbled accross this awesome comeback that I had with Evolved last night. I think we were down by more than 100 tickets at one point and we only had a few tickets left but we managed to hold two flags and let the ticket bleeding do its work until the end.

That's the only game I lost yesterday! When I stated playing you guys had a 4 players advantage...

olimpia84

JJD said:
That's the only game I lost yesterday! When I stated playing you guys had a 4 players advantage...

Oh yeah, that was towards the end but the game was full for most of the time. I guess some people rage quit after we finally took B again and we set up a good defence barrier for those coming from C / base.

rdrr gnr

olimpia84 said:
Oh yeah, that was towards the end but the game was full for most of the time. I guess some people rage quit after we finally took B again and we set up a good defence barrier for those coming from C / base.
If you hadn't killed me on top of B towards the very end, we would have won. I swear I thought Far was up there with me, watching the ladder. I knew you were coming up, but I ignored it. That HUD is so damn cluttered with the huge icon in the middle, I can't see anything. = \ It was a good game though.

It says I quit? I took a loss that round and the one round earlier with Easy.

I just finished engineer. Thinking about doing support next. Which LMG should I be looking forward too?

olimpia84

MuseManMike said:
If you hadn't killed me on top of B towards the very end, we would have won. I swear I thought Far was up there with me, watching the ladder. I knew you were coming up, but I ignored it. That HUD is so damn cluttered with the huge icon in the middle, I can't see anything. = \ It was a good game though.

It says I quit? I took a loss that round and the one round earlier with Easy.

I just finished engineer. Thinking about doing support next. Which LMG should I be looking forward too?

Yeah, I think that was the key moment in that game. I think I killed somebody else up there (could have been Farlaghn) and that allowed our team to take B. From that point on I pretty much started spotting people in C and we got a few kills that way coupled with the ticket bleed. I'm glad you were able to switch sides with JJD for the steamrolling session afterwards though, that was the fun part of the night.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People mortaring the crates? Mortar back. What's that, you don't have it unlocked because you are playing engineer 24/7 like Joe Q. Random?

Pyohohohoho~ ReggieNotMyProblem.jpg when you lose, then. Because I just unlocked Mortar and five deaths with no kills on me generally will shut up Mortar spammers because I can out mortar them.

Edit: That payback may be a little delayed, Dream. >_> *sigh* I hate exams. I always get something screwed up and 0 mistakes disqualifies me. :/

Bruiserk

TheSeks said:
People mortaring the crates? Mortar back. What's that, you don't have it unlocked because you are playing engineer 24/7 like Joe Q. Random?

Pyohohohoho~ ReggieNotMyProblem.jpg when you lose, then. Because I just unlocked Mortar and five deaths with no kills on me generally will shut up Mortar spammers because I can out mortar them.

Edit: That payback may be a little delayed, Dream. >_> *sigh* I hate exams. I always get something screwed up and 0 mistakes disqualifies me. :/

Same here. I will probably only be on sporadically until the tenth. I have two midterms and a 3,000 word paper due next week.

On the bright side, after that I have a four day weekend. BF3 and U3 is the only thing I have planned!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
olimpia84 said:

You know I was somewhat to blame in the beginning of that game... I was in the bird and while I was scoring points, flags were getting capped by the other team. We were like a hundred tickets behind when I came down. But you were still plugging away and I was like, well, if you didn't give in even after I left you to fend for yourself, no way was I gonna quit. That's when we rolled together as a tank squad and the epic comeback happened.

I know that Farlanghn is a friend of gaf, but I really do not like the guy. He just runs around with a knife like a fucktard and that's the second or third time I've been on the opposite side and watched him screw over his team trying to get knife kills. At the end of that game we were in critical ticket condition and he had me dead to rights, stuck on a ladder. Instead of just shooting me and securing the win for his team, he tried to I guess knife me? Whatever... I was able to get off the ladder somehow and shot him.

Eat it motherfucker. You lost the game for your team.... I remember saying that as we pulled out the win in the next few seconds.

Holy 'ish..

After a few rounds of conquest and rush last night me and my RL buddies jumped into some TDM just to blow off some steam and run around like maniacs for a few minutes before bed..

wow..
Easy mode activated.

The people playing TDM have to be the worse of the worse Ive seen so far. Every TDM is tiny and has a cluster fuck zone in the middle. All you have to do is have an ounce of common sense and just shoot into the middle where the cluster is and its a cake walk.

I was rocking the PKP with extended mags, silencer, grip and added suppression...wow..200 rounds before you have to reload and no pop up on map! I was grabbing 2-3 tags then just gunning people from the outside. The 200 rounds before reloading made it a cake walk of just hanging on the outskirts of the map and holding down the trigger. Even if I wasnt hitting people the constant barrage of bullets + added suppression had me racking up suppression points or the enemy just bunkered down and blind.

Truely, by far, the easiest way to unlock weapon attachments (not really viable for unlocking class stuff since you can only pull 2-3k on a good round)
Yes I know it goes against the idea of BF, and yeah I'm not a fan of TDM type shooters but serious try it out if you wanna feel godly or need attachement unlocks.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:

I don't have mortars because I play assault recon!!!!!!!!!

Bruiserk

Evolved1 said:
You know I was somewhat to blame in the beginning of that game... I was in the bird and while I was scoring points, flags were getting capped by the other team. We were like a hundred tickets behind when I came down. But you were still plugging away and I was like, well, if you didn't give in even after I left you to fend for yourself, no way was I gonna quit. That's when we rolled together as a tank squad and the epic comeback happened.

I know that Farlanghn is a friend of gaf, but I really do not like the guy. He just runs around with a knife like a fucktard and that's the second or third time I've been on the opposite side and watched him screw over his team trying to get knife kills. At the end of that game we were in critical ticket condition and he had me dead to rights, stuck on a ladder. Instead of just shooting me and securing the win for his team, he tried to I guess knife me? Whatever... I was able to get off the ladder somehow and shot him.

Eat it motherfucker. You lost the game for your team.... I remember saying that as we pulled out the win in the next few seconds.

I've played with him since BC2 and I'll vouch for him. The only reason he was going for knives is because he wanted to complete his melee medal. I think he got it recently so I doubt he is going to be doing it often.

On a side note, I'm in my Poli Sci lecture right now and my new professor sounds like Christopher Walken.

Evolved1

Bruiserk said:
I've played with him since BC2 and I'll vouch for him. The only reason he was going for knives is because he wanted to complete his melee medal. I think he got it recently so I doubt he is going to be doing it often.

Fair enough... he's from AbuC's crew so that says a lot.

It's just weird the only time I ever noticed the guy was once when he knifed me... and like a few other times when I shot him trying to knife me. It's like, ok... your team is losing and you're last on the scoreboard, why are you trying to knife me right now, especially when you would've had me otherwise?

Try to win the game....

TheSeks said:
Playstation 3 so I can have out of bounds antics with you > Android Phone.
out-of-bounds antics are boring in BF3 so far... nothing that awesome yet... but it's definitely nice to have someone equally willing to sneak into position, sit and wait for the squad to spawn, then GO IN HARD ON DAT OBJECTIVE!!!

Evolved1 said:
Ok um... I forgot today was Uncharted release day. So I will accept invites but you might have to put up with me playing that today instead of BF3. But I'll get on BF3 at some point.

When you finally get your asses into a GAF game, spam some FR's to other gaffers. They are more likely to accept if you give your GAF ID in the message.
Uncharted?

*shrugs*

is it a PC game?

Bruiserk

Evolved1 said:
Fair enough... he's from AbuC's crew so that says a lot.

It's just weird the only time I ever noticed the guy was once when he knifed me... and like a few other times when I shot him trying to knife me. It's like, ok... your team is losing and you're last on the scoreboard, why are you trying to knife me right now, especially when you would've had me otherwise?

Try to win the game....

I understand. During BC2 that never happened. I think you just noticed him at the wrong time. When I say he is a team player, I mean it.

Er, who's AbuC?

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
out-of-bounds antics are boring in BF3 so far... nothing that awesome yet... but it's definitely nice to have someone equally willing to sneak into position, sit and wait for the squad to spawn, then GO IN HARD ON DAT OBJECTIVE!!

I miss you. Come back to dah PEE-ESS-THREE, damn it. I need people that are able to understand that than "DERP SUPPORT SPAWN" instead of "DERP RECON AND ENTIRE TEAM SPAWN."

Er, who's AbuC?

A points generator.

Bruiserk said:

On a side note, I'm in my Poli Sci lecture right now and my new professor sounds like Christopher Walken.
whew! i was about to vouch for Farlanghn, but i guess that's all cleared up! i need to get my Melee medal someday, but i'm in the habit of just like shooting people because of BC2.

TheSeks

If I'm behind enemy lines, I'll go for the knife. Half the time they're alone and if they aren't most people won't notice before I go and knife them as well.

It's a silent takedown. But the people that run with the knife out (or rush and warp/vacuum into you in BC2 case) are weird and a headscratcher.

TheAzRim said:

just have 1 guy counter mortar the mortars!

TheSeks said:
If I'm behind enemy lines, I'll go for the knife. Half the time they're alone and if they aren't most people won't notice before I go and knife them as well.

It's a silent takedown. But the people that run with the knife out (or rush and warp/vacuum into you in BC2 case) are weird and a headscratcher.
i pretty much only knife prone dudes or people looking out a window in BF3.

Ketch

TheSeks said:
Mortar and five deaths with no kills on me generally will shut up Mortar spammers because I can out mortar them.

How are you getting kills with that thing? I've used it maybe a half dozen times, gotten a ton of assists and maybe 3 or 4 disabled vehicles but not 1 kill... seems like it needs to land right on their head.

Also, is the mortar the only thing with smoke grenades? In BC2 on 360 my old squad would go 2 assaults, one medic, one pilot, smoke the objective from the air and paradrop in with blitzkrieg speed. So much fun.

TheSeks

EasyTGT said:
How are you getting kills with that thing? I've used it maybe a half dozen times, gotten a ton of assists and maybe 3 or 4 disabled vehicles but not 1 kill... seems like it needs to land right on their head.

See people spamming mortars, spawn with mortar kit. Place Mortar down. Aim at mortar dots. ??? PROFIT.

EasyTGT said:

Also, is the mortar the only thing with smoke grenades? In BC2 on 360 my old squad would go 2 assaults, one medic, one pilot, smoke the objective from the air and paradrop in with blitzkrieg speed. So much fun.
the Assault's M320 Grenade Launcher also gets Smoke Grenades eventually. you need to get 10 kills to unlock Buckshot and 20 kills with it to unlock Smoke.

Got the game for PS3 and a headset. I'll probably suck at first but I hope NeoGAF plays with me. I signed up on the PS3 list. I'm a Battlefield newb.

TheSeks

the Assault's M320 Grenade Launcher also gets Smoke Grenades eventually. you need to get 10 kills to unlock Buckshot and 20 kills with it to unlock Smoke.

>Using a grenade launcher on Medic.

NoCountryForOldMenTommyLeeJonesLookingBehindANewspaperAndDisapproving.jpg

Seriously hope you guys don't take t his instead of medic kits. (In before "BUT YOU CAN REGENERATE HEALTH NOW ANYWAY!")

TheSeks said:
>Using a grenade launcher on Medic.

NoCountryForOldMenTommyLeeJonesLookingBehindANewspaperAndDisapproving.jpg

Seriously hope you guys don't take t his instead of medic kits. (In before "BUT YOU CAN REGENERATE HEALTH NOW ANYWAY!")
i'll help you when you're dead. the smoke helps you not get shot in the first place.

Evolved1

MiniBossBattle said:
Evolved1, your stats are disgusting.

I think I'm a good player, but really anyone would be elevated playing with a good squad like gaf.

I actually feel like I'm worse since BC2 (due to the new analog controls) but BF3 is a points factory handing out ribbons for zipping your fly... and inflates SPM. And going by gaf platoon standards my SPM isn't anything to write home about. Though I'm pretty content given that I've split most of my time playing a CQB recon role. Lots of flag capping man.

Thanks though.

Woorloog

Banned
Loving G36C. It is good all around weapon. However, it is not nearly as powerful as SCAR-H or A-91, DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TO NERF IT!
An easy balancing to Engineer weapons would be to increase bullet drop somewhat.
But now it is time to change the class. As fun as Engineer is as anti-vehicle class (It was fun camping jets and helos with Igla on the hills in Kharg Island, everytime someone took off, i brought him down in matter of seconds), i'm getting bored of it and it's CQC focus on infantry combat. And Recons are starting to annoy me greatly, i'll either make Assault with KH2002 long range anti-sniper or start playing with a Recon counter-sniper.

Lost my taste on flying though, it is more fun to fly a helo and bring other aircraft down than fly one.

EDIT forgot to mention, Javelin is underpowered. Considering it can only target ground vehicles, has long lock-on, has only a couple of rockets (4-5 with EXPL) and how slow the rocket is (it is quite easy to dodge), it deals very little damage, barely more than SMAW/RPG7.

TheSeks

Oh hi.

3 Ribbons left.

Y U NO GIVE ME ONE MORE KILL, again Brusierk. >:|

i'll help you when you're dead. the smoke helps you not get shot in the first place.

You should be going in groups instead of having to smoke it anyway.

Anyone in love with the AEK or the PKP?

That as far as Ive got in each tree so far and I love those 2 guns.

The AEK seems so fast and accurate and the PKP with extended clip perk and added suppression is crazy, 200 rounds till you reload, you can spray the heck out of an area and blind/get a ton of suppression points/kills before you ever have to reload. Good accuracy on it too with the ACOG'ish scope+Grip

Bruiserk

TheSeks said:
Oh hi.

3 Ribbons left.

Y U NO GIVE ME ONE MORE KILL, again Brusierk. >:|

IT MAKES ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE WHEN YOU YELL AT ME SEKS D:

maybe if you were on mic I wouldn't have prevented you from getting that last kill!

Kanyon

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but fuck I hate the flashlight attachments on guns.

I understand that it's there for a reason, but I just fucking loathe sneaking up on an enemy for them to turn around and blind my screen with the flashlight and I've got no chance.

Other than that, absolutely loving Squad Rush in Battlefield 3. Need to get my skills up to a better level before I tackle some of the larger maps.

Ketch

TheSeks said:

Smokes are awesome on rush. Or at least where in BC2. Coordinated squad with smokes capping MCOMs cuts through scrub teams in seconds. Imagine a GAF stack, except the other team can't see us.

Launcher assault would be just fine in a squad that's already got a medic assault. If I ever get bored of Support
HEAVY MACHINE GUN!
I will probably play the shit out of the assault class, going launcher assault if my team already has a medic.

Edit: Only 80 kills from my 5th 240B service star.

Evolved1

Sorry gaf not in the mood for anything challenging... lol.

Ketch

Tunavi said:
How do I find out the email on my EA account tied to my gamertag?

I had this same issues except PSN ID instead of gamertag, I had to contact support and tell them what was up.

Tunavi

Banned
EasyTGT said:
I had this same issues except PSN ID instead of gamertag, I had to contact support and tell them what was up.
Yes. They won't give me the email tied to my account, and I have no idea what it is. Very frustrating.

Wow "I am sorry, we can't assist you about this issue." they just disconnected the chat on me. Fuck EA

Top Bottom