• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Lakitu

st5fu
Armored Kill is great but it's the time of the year when new releases are coming through thick and thin. I've cut back severely on BF3 due to Borderlands 2.

JJD

I'm getting RE6 too.

It seems it's not just PS3 GAF that is almost quitting BF3. A lot of high profile BF PC players and clans are switching to Planetside 2.

Armored Kill is not holding interest in the game as Dice might have hoped.

I wish Sony would launch a version of Planetside 2 for the PS4 (when it's released) so I could see what the fuss is all about.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dunno what you guys are talking about.
I play almost every night with n_o_f_a_c_e and sometimes with faceless and a bunch of gaffers.
Ive seen at least 3 to 4 gaffers online every night playing dat BF3... except the other night that for some weird reason everyone was playin' Red Dead Redemption.

So yeah, join us folks!

Dunno what you guys are talking about.
I play almost every night with n_o_f_a_c_e and sometimes with faceless and a bunch of gaffers.
Ive seen at least 3 to 4 gaffers online every night playing dat BF3... except the other night that for some weird reason everyone was playin' Red Dead Redemption.

So yeah, join us folks!

Whats the platoon?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So who's getting RE6 from the PS3 GAF group?

I'm sorry. I'm not getting pure trash day one.

I thought Operation Turd City was bad... but good lord Capcom screwed the pooch just as hard.

LeonThumbsUp.gif if you're willing to fall on that grenade for their bottom line, though.

olimpia84

I'm sorry. I'm not getting pure trash day one.

I thought Operation Turd City was bad... but good lord Capcom screwed the pooch just as hard.

LeonThumbsUp.gif if you're willing to fall on that grenade for their bottom line, though.

It can't be as bad as ORC. Mind you, I haven't downloaded the demo and probably won't do it at all but yeah, some of the gifs and short clips that I've seen look embarrassing. Still getting it on day one though, Newegg coupons FTW.

join us...

thanks dream

I'll just stick with the BF3 GAF people] that end up getting this game. My PSN list is almost full so I can't be bothered to add more people from that thread.

WARNING WARNING: TRUTH BOMB INCOMING

Armored Shield Conquest is the best BF3 map since Seine Crossing Conquest.

Only if you play conquest as if it's open-world team deathmatch.

Otherwise it's horrendously boring as a competitive "conquest" map.

*rides ATV, cap flag, rides ATV, cap flag, rides ATV, cap flag zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

Overdoziz

Banned
It's a bit sad that the entire map pack is designed around 1 of the 3 platforms. I like the big default BF3 maps but AK really takes it a step too far in terms of map size. It's kind of okay for Rush but for Conquest it's just silly.

jayb

Do we have any more info on what the next map pack Aftermath will contain? Will that also include a new game mode?

Fake edit: ah I see there will be an Aftermath video released Sept. 28

Overdoziz

Banned
The fuck is wrong with half of the rocks in the AK maps? Either you can clip through them or the hit box around it is bigger than what the actual rock looks like.

Jesus Christ DICE.

TheMan

It's a bit sad that the entire map pack is designed around 1 of the 3 platforms. I like the big default BF3 maps but AK really takes it a step too far in terms of map size. It's kind of okay for Rush but for Conquest it's just silly.

yeah, i'm leaning towards not getting AK cause i keep hearing that the maps are simply too big for 24 player matches. that's a real shame cause I was really looking forward to this.

DICE said:
JOIN THE WAKE ISLAND DOG TAG CHALLENGE

This month, we’re saluting the legendary map Wake Island. This was the original demo map for Battlefield 1942 and has since been brought back to life in Battlefield 2, Battlefield 1943, and most recently Battlefield 3: Back To Karkand.

Your mission: Complete 19,420 rounds on Wake Island
The first platform to complete 19,420 rounds of Wake Island in Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand will unlock a special new dog tag that the entire community can use, whether on PS3, PC or Xbox360. In the spirit of celebration this first challenge won’t see any losers, but the sooner you reach the goal, the sooner the dog tag will be unlocked. We start counting progress towards 19,420 rounds played on Thursday September 27st at 5.00 PM CET.

Which platform will win? Can you reach the goal in only ten days?

Wake Island: The most legendary of maps
Wake Island stays one of the essential Battlefield maps. Ever since its introduction in the original multiplayer demo for Battlefield 1942, players have enjoyed battling it out on and around this uniquely crescent-shaped map. Read an in-depth blog post on Wake Island through the years on the Battlefield Blog.

Also, Ars Technica has published a great piece on Wake Island in real life and gaming, featuring an interview with DICE’s Lars Gustavsson
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/about/wake-island-dog-tag-challenge

Also I came across this nice montage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVoUHop8rp8&hd=1

yeah, i'm leaning towards not getting AK cause i keep hearing that the maps are simply too big for 24 player matches. that's a real shame cause I was really looking forward to this.
I would describe BF3 as a whole as being designed for PC and the console versions suffering immensely for it. BFBC2 is still a far superior game on consoles in my opinion.

Top Bottom