• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Kak.efes

About the admins, I don't know, in my case I have 73 hours in PC and 238 hours in PS3, and I have the feeling that the console admins are very very childish. That's why people if don't like childish admins and like the vanilla settings should stick to the official servers.

By the way, I'm discovering the excellent performance of the Recon class in Armored Kill with semiautomatic rifles for medium-long range and great support for the team with MAV & SOFLAM. With decent aim you're able to destroy the other classes :D

The M417 suppressed will definitely fuck up someones day.

Rant time.

Yesterday I was playing BF3 on 360 after a few weeks of inactivity with this (clan)mate of mine (2-man clan) on Metro Rush, 500 tickets. Immediately when we entered this server we we're like: 50 kills then quit or the game will freeze on us.

This game freezes often. This fucking piece of turd engine freezes at the best moments.
We were beasting that game as defenders, 500 tickets, with over 100 kills and 15 deaths, and completely forgot to quit the game. Untill he's xbox froze and I had to quit the game in fear of a freeze and loss of stats. I had to quit the game at 147/15, only at the third base with more than 200 tickets to go.

I know it's the engine that's unstable, cause later we downloaded the MOH demo and that game froze on us too after an hour or so.

This sucks balls. I can't play a decent match without the fear of losing stats and getting xbox frozen.

The game never freezes on me. Strange.

You probably ain't beastin' enough brah.

But seriously, I have a 360 Elite. At first I thought it was because my 360 was crapping on me, but it couldn't be a coincidence that me and my mate both have the same problem.

Related question: Is BF3 installed on your HDD?

It's not installed and I use a launch xbox.

Then it might be due to the game beeing installed on HDD, I don't know. When I google the issue I can find lots of people who have the same issue, all on Op Metro. It's really annoying. I hardly play any other map than Op Metro and it really sucks that I have to play in fear of a freeze everytime.

Should I sell my copy for 20 euros and get BF3 Premium for 20 euros?

And then what, enjoy the feeling of having premium? How will you play if you sell your copy?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Honestly, unless you're an achievement whore the only good map pack is B2K.

Nizz

I've been feeling the urge to get this game again. Before I got rid of it I had downloaded the B2K pack but then traded it in because of the input lag in the PS3 version.

I've seen people say it's been fixed, others say it's still there. A lot of mixed opinions on it. In Bad Company 2 I play with sensitivity one notch below max. Do people here think BF3 compares favorably?

I've been feeling the urge to get this game again. Before I got rid of it I had downloaded the B2K pack but then traded it in because of the input lag in the PS3 version.

I've seen people say it's been fixed, others say it's still there. A lot of mixed opinions on it. In Bad Company 2 I play with sensitivity one notch below max. Do people here think BF3 compares favorably?

BF3's input lag is much more bearable now.
It is, however, not comparable to BC2 in any shape or form.

I still can't do crazy stuff like knife-window-crouch-jump-in-at-the-same-time.

Dabanton

Been enjoying this a lot more now. A lot of hardcore servers on the 360 version are now insisting that people set their VOIP settings to team so everybody can hear what the whole team is doing. So even if you're not really up for talking you have a general knowledge of what the team overall is planning to do.

Has made a world of difference in matches. Now if someone needs helps and you're near you can go and back them up call in heli strikes to clear out people etc.

Feels much more cohesive now, I had a brilliant CQ match last night were the entire team pulled together to win. Holding flags and moving as a well oiled machine. Very enjoyable match and lots of points. :D

Nizz

Thanks for answering. Man, that still sounds a little disappointing.

waypoetic

Banned

Thank you! And some of you were all like "i dont know what you're talking about"

You just saved me some money good sir. In DICE i'll never trust.

i play both on max. bc2 is better, even on 360. it's just the way they changed how they handle acceleration and sensitivity. bf3 is not as good, but it's good enough, even on ps3. since the 2nd input delay fix, it no longer feels strange when i switch between consoles.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i play both on max. bc2 is better, even on 360. it's just the way they changed how they handle acceleration and sensitivity. bf3 is not as good, but it's good enough, even on ps3. since the 2nd input delay fix, it no longer feels strange when i switch between consoles.

Was this released before or after AK?

TheSeks

9500/10,002 kills. Nearly BC1 Platinum. >_< NEARLY.

I also reached 29,000 in the leaderboards for it. *tap-dances?* Maybe I'll be in the 25,000 range before all said and done.
As if, I'll probably be in 26,000 unless the points difference between then and there is like another 10,000 and I abuse OBJECTIVE HARM+10/OBJECTIVE DESTROYED+30's

(no1currs, I know, I know. Shush.)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
9500/10,002 kills. Nearly BC1 Platinum. >_< NEARLY.

I also reached 29,000 in the leaderboards for it. *tap-dances?* Maybe I'll be in the 25,000 range before all said and done.
As if, I'll probably be in 26,000 unless the points difference between then and there is like another 10,000 and I abuse OBJECTIVE HARM+10/OBJECTIVE DESTROYED+30's

(no1currs, I know, I know. Shush.)

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment
Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread
Battlefield 3

Picked the premium edition up for the PS3. First time I did so with a shooter and I am regretting my decision as I come from a PC background. I hope the learning curve of using a controller isn't as bad as my first two hours of gameplay.

So far the multiplayer is fun though so thats a bonus. Does PS3 Gaf still exist for this title and if so is there room for a lame newb?

New server update balances gunship, adds option to remove minimap

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654786475623327/

October 11th server update change list

Gunship balance tweak in Rush mode
The Armored Kill gunship received major tweaks already in the last server update. We are now further tweaking it based on community feedback. It now only respawns after the attackers have destroyed an M-COM in Rush.

Rationale: The gunship has been a bit overpowered and spawning too fast in Rush, especially on servers running modified vehicle spawn times. This tweak makes the gunship only spawn for the attackers after each crate, except the initial spawn on round start. In effect, this means that after the gunship is destroyed, a new M-COM needs to be destroyed before the gunship can respawn at all.

Gunship balance tweak in Conquest mode
The gunship will always have a 60 second spawn delay in Conquest no matter the server spawn delay setting.

Rationale: The gunship has been spawning too fast on servers running modified vehicle spawn times, making it hard to regain control of the flag controlling the gunship. This tweak will make the gunship spawn every 60 seconds independent of server settings.

Option to remove minimap in Hardcore mode
We now allow disabling the minimap in Hardcore mode.

Rationale: It’s been a requested feature from the community to be able to remove the minimap in hardcore mode. We are now adding a new preset on consoles for server admins to use called “Hardcore no map” which disables the minimap and keeps the rest of the Hardcore settings intact. On PC, you disable the minimap with the server command “vars.minimap false” that is now permitted on Hardcore servers. Enjoy!

Improved server stability
Improved connectivity between game servers and the back end, significantly reducing the number of times a server times out and kicks players.

Knife takedown fix
Fixed so that there can be multiple knife kills at the same time on a server.

Rationale: We had a bug where only one knife takedown could take place at any one time on one server. If you attempted a knife takedown at the exact same time as someone else on the server, the takedown animation wouldn’t play, and your opponent wouldn’t take any damage. This has now been fixed.

MVP Premium member score fix

Fixed so that MVP and best team is calculated using normalized score (removing the advantage Premium members sometimes received in obtaining these ribbons)

Rationale: Earlier, Premium members would get an inflated chance of becoming MVP/best team during Premium exclusive double XP events, since these ribbons were calculated based on total score. Using base values all across the board now removes this artificial advantage.

Kill list fix
Fixed the bug where a kill was listed as a vehicle kill when the player actually killed someone with a mine or similar weapon. Another where this would occur was if you fired a Javelin, then entered a vehicle before the Javelin hit its target.

Radio beacon exploit fix
Fixed the radio beacon exploit where you could place it above the roof and then spawn on it to access areas that are not meant to be accessible. This glitch was reported on Operation Métro and has been removed.

Ladder/vehicle entry fix
Fixed so that players can no longer enter vehicles while climbing a ladder.

Crash fix
Fixed a rare potential crash issue when loading a new map.

Picked the premium edition up for the PS3. First time I did so with a shooter and I am regretting my decision as I come from a PC background. I hope the learning curve of using a controller isn't as bad as my first two hours of gameplay.

So far the multiplayer is fun though so thats a bonus. Does PS3 Gaf still exist for this title and if so is there room for a lame newb?

I still play on PS3. Think I'm at about 50 days total played. I sucked at first as I hadn't played a shooter since Timesplitters 2. I'm pretty decent now though. 99.9% of the time top 3 on my team. KahrMatri is my handle.

TheSeks

LMAO AC-130 has been nerfed into the ground.
But the Rush change is good and needed
. Enjoy your 30 seconds of hellfire if you don't have an Ace Pilot, attackers. Your AC-130 is going to be permanently down now.

All those fixes were in dire need of implementation, esp. the stuff regarding the ac-130.

I wish there was a way to fix the sound problems with this game though. So irritating, even at the best of times.

Mahonay

Banned
About half way done uploading a BF3 video I threw together. Apparently 16GB takes a while...

It's footage I got over one night about a week ago. For whatever reason the games that night were especially eventful. I suppose I'll post a link in here when it's done processing.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
About half way done uploading a BF3 video I threw together. Apparently 16GB takes a while...

It's footage I got over one night about a week ago. For whatever reason the games that night were especially eventful. I suppose I'll post a link in here when it's done processing.

You didn't compress it yourself... why?

TheSeks

Well, that's new: A player (Panzerczech) glitching under a flag in a tank in Conquest Valleyrun. Was that always possible, Faceless?

TheSeks

i know nothing about glitching under maps in BC1. especially in vehicles!

They did it on one of the Conquest maps I'm forgetting the name of. Weird as hell and the only way they could win against me and me my team speed-capping all the flags to 10 second win.

Omni

Terrible losing streak lately. Doesn't matter how well I go in a game, we're still losing (Most times I join a game we're already getting slaughtered anyway...). In the last 15 matches, I've won 4. Feels bad.

Top Bottom