• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Terrible losing streak lately. Doesn't matter how well I go in a game, we're still losing (Most times I join a game we're already getting slaughtered anyway...). In the last 15 matches, I've won 4. Feels bad.

Join a clan, feels better playing with other people, going for the objectives in Conquest than random people doing their thang.

Mahonay

Banned
Shot a helicopter down last night while parachuting in. Once I landed I popped off two instant head shots with my magnum. I was capturing...

I look over and see that the capture failed to start in the first place :(

xclaw

Was playing on PS3 against someone with a M16A4 silenced who could kill you instantly. Any exploits out that I'm not aware of? You'd literally round a corner and instant death.

BoatAck

Was playing on PS3 against someone with a M16A4 silenced who could kill you instantly. Any exploits out that I'm not aware of? You'd literally round a corner and instant death.

What was your ping on the server? I have that happen to me when I play on European servers and I only have one bar.

xclaw

What was your ping on the server? I have that happen to me when I play on European servers and I only have one bar.

Full bars, it wasn't lag that I could tell as I was on a server we've rented and use regularly. It just happened to be this one player that would just destroy everyone instantly, you'd only manage to kill them if you caught them in the middle of a reload.

Made for an interesting night but left me wondering if there was some sort of exploit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Faceless: 9,900 of 10,002 kills.

I'M NEARLY THERE BABY! After five years! ;____; I'm so happy.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Full bars, it wasn't lag that I could tell as I was on a server we've rented and use regularly. It just happened to be this one player that would just destroy everyone instantly, you'd only manage to kill them if you caught them in the middle of a reload.

Made for an interesting night but left me wondering if there was some sort of exploit.

That sounds like me =3

Since it does, he could have a headset like a turtle beach. You can literally hear footsteps and people that laydown.

TheSeks

I seem to have a bug where I can't seem to place mortars anywhere. I usually use it in a retaliatory strike.

Anywhere or do you mean "attacker"/starting spawn? Because the later was changed for balance/fairness and the former is a bug you are encountering.

As for "anywhere" else, if you mean rocks and other rough terrain the mortar is finicky about it. Same as the MAV. MAV is just as finicky on even ground. I dunno why.

Lakitu

st5fu
Anywhere or do you mean "attacker"/starting spawn? Because the later was changed for balance/fairness and the former is a bug you are encountering.

As for "anywhere" else, if you mean rocks and other rough terrain the mortar is finicky about it. Same as the MAV. MAV is just as finicky on even ground. I dunno why.

Happens outside the spawn as well. I spawned on a team mate in the middle of the park in Operation Metro and I still wasn't able to use it. I remember when I started using it, like the MAV and T-UGS it would signify if I was able to place it somewhere or not (red, green, etc). This time, there's nothing to signify that.

Happens outside the spawn as well. I spawned on a team mate in the middle of the park in Operation Metro and I still wasn't able to use it. I remember when I started using it, like the MAV and T-UGS it would signify if I was able to place it somewhere or not (red, green, etc). This time, there's nothing to signify that.

If the mortar seems to be hovering higher than usual (above your character's head), then yeah...known bug since the new patch (PC & Consoles). It can't be placed anywhere.

Maddocks

I hate when I put the mortar down, fire it at another mortar and I die and since im dead when mine hit the guy it says I "killed" the other person but doesn't count it toward mortar.

damn it dice.

TheSeks

I hate when I put the mortar down, fire it at another mortar and I die and since im dead when mine hit the guy it says I "killed" the other person but doesn't count it toward mortar.

damn it dice.

Well it counts as a vehicle and like BC2 if you were shot off an ATV/4-wheeler the ATV would "kill" the other player if it mowed them down in your name.

It's basically Battlefield's "killed by the guardians" just instead of a disembodied person getting the kill, it's you.

tn2007

OfiRa.jpg

TheSeks

Walking Dead all up in this bitch.

Time to Daryl people in the face?

UFRA

Do you guys think we'll ever see the day of a more "serious" Battlefield game again, like the way Battlefield 2 was?

I kinda miss the stuff in that game, like playing commander and dropping artillery strikes or support packages. Or when you reload a partially used clip, it saves it as a partially used clip for later. So the magazines don't just magically refill whenever you reload.

Dropping bombs from jets was always pretty awesome too. Now everything is all about just locking onto shit and pressing a button to fire.

Or having to actually repair vehicles and not just regenerate health on every vehicle.

Do people still play BF2? Maybe I should reinstall it...

TheSeks

I'd play BF2 if my old computers wouldn't meltdown loading it.

I got 1942 around here but my laptop overheats with it (WTF, it runs Win 7 fine. I blame the graphics card and cheap-fan) running so I'm worried I'll cause it to melt down. :(

Meanwhile, Faceless: :d! :D! :D! :D!

I wanna thank all the little people that helped me get here: Faceless for telling me to get back on the horse and continue with my BF series domination after getting spawn raped (literally spawn, knife, spawn knife, spawn knife) in BC1 to where I followed him to BC2->3 from 1943... PS3trophies.org for helping me with I AM BAD COMPANY! (Axis97[?] IIRC, Fivelegs, a bunch of others that I'm forgetting) LATE (read: 12A-6A EST) night when the game was mostly dead, GameFAQs posters (LLacman2) that wanted to get the trophy but didn't really have the means for a few months until we finally got a group going in December...

and random people for helping me go from 4000 kills over the course of two-three years to 10,002 after that boosting for IABC! point. :D

(I'mma going to photo the name of the person I last killed and my leaderboard position when the leaderboards update in a few hours.)

I'm so happy to have this done. Hoorah. Now to go back to random BF3 rounds EARLY in the morning if my connection doesn't crap out before then. >_>

KingKong

Do you guys think we'll ever see the day of a more "serious" Battlefield game again, like the way Battlefield 2 was?

I kinda miss the stuff in that game, like playing commander and dropping artillery strikes or support packages. Or when you reload a partially used clip, it saves it as a partially used clip for later. So the magazines don't just magically refill whenever you reload.

Dropping bombs from jets was always pretty awesome too. Now everything is all about just locking onto shit and pressing a button to fire.

Or having to actually repair vehicles and not just regenerate health on every vehicle.

I doubt it, they got rid of basically anything that required teamwork and punished the lack of it. You could argue that having a competent commander vs a poor one was a huge advantage, but that's what made the game fun.

BF3 is basically a lone wolf game, even in a squad

I got 1942 around here but my laptop overheats with it (WTF, it runs Win 7 fine. I blame the graphics card and cheap-fan) running so I'm worried I'll cause it to melt down. :(

I wanna thank all the little people that helped me get here: Faceless for telling me to get back on the horse and continue with my BF series domination after getting spawn raped (literally spawn, knife, spawn knife, spawn knife) in BC1 to where I followed him to BC2->3 from 1943... PS3trophies.org for helping me with I AM BAD COMPANY! (Axis97[?] IIRC, Fivelegs, a bunch of others that I'm forgetting) LATE (read: 12A-6A EST) night when the game was mostly dead, GameFAQs posters (LLacman2) that wanted to get the trophy but didn't really have the means for a few months until we finally got a group going in December...

and random people for helping me go from 4000 kills over the course of two-three years to 10,002 after that boosting for IABC! point. :D

(I'mma going to photo the name of the person I last killed and my leaderboard position when the leaderboards update in a few hours.)

I'm so happy to have this done. Hoorah. Now to go back to random BF3 rounds EARLY in the morning if my connection doesn't crap out before then. >_>
congrats!!!

i need to 100% that game someday...

JJD

Just saw the aftermath video.

Don't really know what to think of it. I could care less about the bow, but the different player skins was nice.

I just wish the maps cater more to the console players.

Close Quarters maps were too small, while Armored Kill were too damn big. Hopefully the new ones will hit the sweet spot.

To be completely frank, I'd much rather play Close Quarters games than Armored Kill. I think I didn't get even 10 hours of playtime on that DLC.

As much as people bitch about the vanilla maps they are better than everything that came after the launch, excluding the B2K ones.

And while we don't have the numbers by this time in BC2 life there were a lot, a LOT more gaffers playing the game than what we have on BF3 now. We're the kind of hardcore guys who keep the game alive well after it's regular shelf life. If your game is losing players like us Dice, I guess this is something to be concerned.

As I said I don't know how the rest of the community is holding but from my experience BF3 sold more, but didn't keep the players interested as long as BC2 did. There are a lot of PC pro players that are feeling burnt on the game too. The rival clan, Lvlcap, Matimio and even Mongol are complaining and many of then are switching to Planetside 2.

I hope Dice is paying attention.

PandaL

I think those are crossbow attachments. Like a m203 but on the barrel. They're real I've seen them.

Edis: http://gadgetheat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/pse-tac-15-crossbow.jpg]

That looks Awesome. Thanks for the clarification.

Awesome. Congrats !!

Omni

Rage :mad:
62315925.png

We had full map control pretty much all match, but team mates weren't capping the objectives when people slipped past. There's only so much one person can do. Ehjhjahsdkhaslkd. Soooooooooooooo frustrating.

I felt like I was playing pretty damn well too :(

TheSeks

IT dude: What makes me pull (whats left of) my hair out, is granted there is/was a slow speed issue in the area, but that is unrelated to your signal being unstable

----

(ASDF. >:|)

IT dude: Well, if you have a few minutes I want to contact engineering. Ok, that would definitely be either the DSLAM peaking as far as use, but it shouldn't be that far gone

IT dude: Going by what I see its like a problem on top of a problem. At this point you don't need to do too much, but if you could please leave this window open it would be handy

IT dude: Well, to break down strictly by what I see? You have a lot of drops. Typically few here and there is expected, people who turn the modem off at night would register, but nothing much

IT dude: Now here is where I had to get engineering involved...

IT dude: From my experience when someones speeds are just all over the place, sometimes its a bad port.. Sometimes the equipment is being pushed too hard/maxed out

---

(There's no way I'm maxing my line out just using it for laptop, DS/PSP/PSP2 and PS3 running. No way. :/)

IT dude: I still would like to get someone to check out your connection. The line and the #'s look good, but you're so all over the place I want to make sure the pin you are on

IT dude: is working properly. You're dropping way too much and I've seen bad pins/ports (however you want to call it) make things go all over the place.

---

Okay, so basically, my phone-line is good until it hits the (old school terminology here) "operator switch" my "pin" is kinda like those jacks that old-school operators used to plug in a phone-call to another line. If that's bad, it's why my ISP/DSL provider is seeing "it's been fixed" when it hasn't really been fixed.

So, good news: got the e-mail of the IT dude (who may or may not know me from a past life. D:), got an ETA of fixing it (12/1 is the latest that ticket should be closed/problem should be "fixed" D:), and got a pretty good lesson what this dude is seeing (and the learning a little about the DSL providing service, with the bad news being "it may be a problem on top of a problem though since your speed is VERY erratic").

Yes, not BF3 news/content but since this is a "community" I figured I'd let you guys have an update on the continuing saga of "OMG I WANT MY CONNECTION FIXED SO I CAN PEW PEW PEW PEOPLE IN THE FACE! D:!"

---

In BF3 content fronting: I played a few rounds today with a little stutter and lag but we won both rounds on Norshal so I feel good about that. But really why was no one helping me besides one squad-mate protecting A. D: They took A and somehow (with like 200 tickets on the server?) ran them down protecting B last set. Crazy ending though since they kept trying to bring the Amtrack up but didn't seem to do too much damage with it.

JJD

New gameplay footage of Aftermath map called Epicenter.

I gotta say the map could be good but we'll have to see more. I'm interested, but so I was for the previous DLC and they didn't turn out that good.

The PC version has 5 flags, but hopefully the map is not that big. Baazar and Seine both have bigger variants on PC but they are good on console IMO.

The bow will have 4 different types of arrows.

The new game mode is called Scavenger. You'll start the game only with handguns and will have to scavenge primary weapons that will come with little ammo. You will still have to capture flags to win the game. Again, it could be good and it will add weapon diversity to the game since most players tend to stick with few weapons. Tank superiority was good (except on Alborz) so I'm optimistic.

On a side note anyone knows of a tank/LAV invulnerability glitch? I was playing with Olimpia on Baazar earlier today and the enemy had an LAV that was invincible. I hit him on the back with a stationary rocket launcher, got hit markers and he didn't even got disabled...and still killed me! The dude did not have reactive armor, I had hit him with an RPG on the back first, then jumped to the stationary.

Edit:

Seems the different arrows are:

normal arrow
c4 arrow WTF? I hope it's only available to support players, this shit is going to get abused a lot!!! Trolling is going to reach a whole new level.
t-ugs arrow Again hope it's only for the recons for obvious reasons.
special arrow wich fly faster and has longer range Sniper arrow?

God damn, I hope those different arrows turn out to be false. I have no faith in Dice being able to properly balance then at first (AC-130 LOL!).

Edit 2:

Seems like the explosive arrow. Hopefully it's not as strong as C4. You can also see the 4 different arrow icons right next to the ammo count in the HUD.

I guess you can switch between those arrows in game...and the bow will be available to every class, and it's a 1 hit kill to the chest...

WTF Dice????

My only hope now is the bow being restricted to Aftermath maps so I can stay far away from it on the vanilla ones. The reload didn't even seem that long...watch custom servers banning it in the first week!

After playing BF3 on PC on 64 servers, going back to PS3 feels so weird. Metro with 64 people is just crazy. I hope they put this map back in BF4!

Lakitu

st5fu
Vehicle thieving and spawn killing little birds and zw-11 on Noshahr Canals on conquest is a big fucking problem. Every Noshahr conquest game I join, an admin on a power trip (and sometimes just regular players) thinks its fair game to spawn kill you as soon as you get into the helicopter and in most cases, players from their squads will drop down to steal one.

Happened just now even, I went to take down a helicopter an admin was using that was hovering around our base to do some vehicle thieving / spawn killling and a lower level player took it down with a stinger. 5 seconds after he was kicked. This isn't just a rare problem but is happening on almost every CQ game on Noshahr I go on.

TheSeks

C4 and T-UGS arrows?

Finally my classes can all be useful and trollin' 24/7.

ERRY DAY I'M TROLLIN' TROLLIN' TROLLIN' TROLLIN'

WITH MY CROSSBOW AND MARKING ENEMIES FOR PEOPLE TO SHOOT. WITH MY ARROWS FOR TANKS TO EXPLODEY.

Top Bottom