• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

Sarcasm.

Most medic now days run with the grenade launcher/smoke over med pec.
People suspect that the crossbow will also take up the med pack slot.

If that is the case, then it's highly unlikely that anyone would run with the medpack anymore.

I cannot play assault without the medpack.

I would love to have the grenade launcher all the times like BC2, but I'm too used to replenishing my health all the time.

And I seriously hope the crossbow is not a gadget. That shit is going to be more deadly and useful than any bolt action sniper rifle. 1 hit kill to the chest. There's no reason it shouldn't be a primary weapon.

If it's indeed a gadget why an assault player would choose the grenade launcher over it if you have explosive bolts? The only thing the bow is missing is smoke arrows. That would be some Hawkeye/Green Arrow shit.

I cannot play assault without the medpack.

I would love to have the grenade launcher all the times like BC2, but I'm too used to replenishing my health all the time.

And I seriously hope the crossbow is not a gadget. That shit is going to be more deadly and useful than any bolt action sniper rifle. 1 hit kill to the chest. There's no reason it shouldn't be a primary weapon.

If it's indeed a gadget why an assault player would choose the grenade launcher over it if you have explosive bolts? The only thing the bow is missing is smoke arrows. That would be some Hawkeye/Green Arrow shit.

health arrows!!!

And I seriously hope the crossbow is not a gadget. That shit is going to be more deadly and useful than any bolt action sniper rifle. 1 hit kill to the chest. There's no reason it shouldn't be a primary weapon.=-

I don't know what the major source is, but pretty much all of the major forums (battlelog, symthic) has indicated that it will be a gadget.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Strobe and smoke arrows... for when flashlightz just aren't annoying enough.

1AhGl.gif

JJD

Fun games today, a nice change of pace playing Conquest Domination!

Gun game sucks, on that first one we lost I stayed with the grenade launcher for something like 10 minutes...didn't get a single kill...SMH...

I should probably quit trying to play with shotguns with my shitty ping on 80% of the servers. I lost count how many times I shot a guy point blank and still didn't kill him...

tn2007

Fun games today, a nice change of pace playing Conquest Domination!

Gun game sucks, on that first one we lost I stayed with the grenade launcher for something like 10 minutes...didn't get a single kill...SMH...

I should probably quit trying to play with shotguns with my shitty ping on 80% of the servers. I lost count how many times I shot a guy point blank and still didn't kill him...

We tied that round or something because look:

We won

We lost

tn2007

Just saw that now I have a Gun Game ribbon so we must have won that game! Lol!

What happened, did you knife the guy?

Yeah I knifed CIA211 and on my screen at the end of the game it said we won. The other guy must've have knife someone right after my animation started.

JJD

I fucking hate so many people that play this game. THEY'RE FUCKING IDIOTS!!!!!!!

I was just about to post the same thing.

Played some fucking painful games with randoms just now. The other team wasn't even that good...ours was just that much worse. God damn...

jayb

a year in and people on the other team still just fly around in their jets and helicopters instead of capping flags... so sad...

players gotta finish their assignments/ribbons/medals, and rank up their vehicles. it's just part of it, unfortunately.

was there ever a BF game with no XP/medal system? I only started playing BF games when BC2 came out.

Facism

a year in and people on the other team still just fly around in their jets and helicopters instead of capping flags... so sad...

yeh played today on PC, wake island. 10v10, russian team had all the armoured cavs, my team was wanking around with jets and helis whilst i'm driving from flag to flag trying to dodge aformention cavalry.

Rage-inducing stupidity.

JJD

That and the auto balance sucks.

It really does!

How many times we're obliterating people and suddenly 2 or 3 lvl. 100 join our side?

It's ridiculous...either auto balance is a piece of shit or people just join and change sides as soon as they notice what's happening.

I think it might be both!

Kak.efes

The only way to go is rolling with the PS3 GAF crew. Too many useless randoms since Premium was launched.

I don't know, decimating the opposition over and over again can get pretty boring quick. That's why map, and mode variety matter.

100% conquest, 100% of the time is the worst. If we could find a 50/50 conquest/rush server, with a mix of older, and karkand maps, that'd be great.

I don't know, decimating the opposition over and over again can get pretty boring quick. That's why map, and mode variety matter.

100% conquest, 100% of the time is the worst. If we could find a 50/50 conquest/rush server, with a mix of older, and karkand maps, that'd be great.

i hate switching between Rush and CQ on a server. i really prefer to do one or the other in a particular play period.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It really does!

How many times we're obliterating people and suddenly 2 or 3 lvl. 100 join our side?

It's ridiculous...either auto balance is a piece of shit or people just join and change sides as soon as they notice what's happening.

I think it might be both!

It's definitely both.

And I'm not immune to doing it in public games. Fuck joining the losing side five minutes before the game ends. I either leave or switch.

I hate switching from Rush on a server.

FTFY. What's hilarious to me is people leaving right after the Rush round ends on mixed servers, so... uh... Faceless and I aren't alone on that "want to play only one gametype" thing.

JJD

It's definitely both.

And I'm not immune to doing it in public games. Fuck joining the losing side five minutes before the game ends. I either leave or switch.

I fell you...I just quit the game. Fuck my quit percentage.

After more than 300 hours of game time I'm not going to try to win a game alone for a team of smurfs.

If I feel I'm the only one trying to win the game, to do something, to capture a flag, I'll just leave. Screw then.

JJD

Some new Aftermath tidbits!

On some maps like Epicenter you'll experience tremors while playing.
Scavenger is a variation of Conquest Domination, so you won't be able to spawn on a flag.
The producer said that the new maps are close to size to B2K so you'll still get vehicle gameplay on this more infantry focused maps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtJkfcp8G8s&feature=g-high-rec

This video has some new and old footage, including a small tremor.

Damn...am I getting hopeful again? Those maps could be really good if they resemble B2K, and you'll get almost all game modes available on then. Don't let me down Dice...

JJD

Great games tonight, I like having a challenging team on the other side :D
Thanks for joining marce

I think more than half of the other team was going after the two of us on the LAV, I've never had such a hard time keeping a vehicle alive, I was shot in the back a lot, but it was worth it, you were great as always man! When we rushed the A flag and encountered 6 or 7 of their guys waiting for us I thought we were done, but you pulled that out!

Yet if it were not for Marce leading the random infantry we would have not won that game. He captured the flags while we turned the enemy attention away!

That C4 guy got pretty happy when he finally nailed us...(by the way, totally my fault, I was fixated on the stationary turret, sorry man!), but I bet he is not as happy right now eh?

Sometimes I wish BF3 allowed both teams to chat on the score screen at the end like COD! Ha! :)

Anyway, thanks a lot for sticking around Marce, you saved the day!!!

JJD

There's a new Premium video of the xbow in action, a lot of new footage.

The explosive bolt disables a little bird in one shot! Lol!

TCRS

Banned
There's a new Premium video of the xbow in action, a lot of new footage.

The explosive bolt disables a little bird in one shot! Lol!

Nerf incoming in two months.

But seriously, this sort of thing gets me really riled up. Why the fuck would they include this sort of noob weapon in the game. WHY? Where is the balance, where is the fun?

fucking dice

JJD

Nerf incoming in two months.

But seriously, this sort of thing gets me really riled up. Why the fuck would they include this sort of noob weapon in the game. WHY? Where is the balance, where is the fun?

fucking dice

I agree with you, but I must confess...

It does look cool. I guess that's Dice main concern.

My main problem is that the xbow is too damn flexible to be just a gadget. You have all those bolts at once. You can change then in game.

Why carry a bolt action sniper rifle anymore or even a semi if you have a good shot? Pick up a shotgun for close range and run with the bow for sniping and proximity sensor...they have arrows for both of that.

Don't want to kamikaze C4 no more, but still want to troll vehicles into oblivion? You're lucky now!

The least Dice could do is make you pick up one type of bolt and stick with it until you change kits or respawn.

The only thing the damn thing is missing is smoke arrows or as faceless said revive arrows.

I bet a lot of servers are going to quickly ban it.

The new maps could be awesome but I wish they made the bow more standard and not Hawkeye/Green Arrow stuff.

JJD

WHAT? I don't even... eh... I need to ly dow

Dreamgazer said that the xbow was confirmed to be a gadget. He's usually right about this stuff.

I'm assuming you can change arrows because it's clearly visible on the HUD the 4 different arrow icons. It's right next to the ammo counter were fire mode usually is selected on regular guns.

On shotguns, and pretty much every other weapon were you can pick up a different type of ammo you don't get to see the other ammo icons on the HUD.

I hope I'm wrong but considering how Dice has been handling balancing on the new DLCs...(AC-130 LOL!).

I agree with you, but I must confess...

It does look cool. I guess that's Dice main concern.

My main problem is that the xbow is too damn flexible to be just a gadget. You have all those bolts at once. You can change then in game.

Why carry a bolt action sniper rifle anymore or even a semi if you have a good shot? Pick up a shotgun for close range and run with the bow for sniping and proximity sensor...they have arrows for both of that.

Don't want to kamikaze C4 no more, but still want to troll vehicles into oblivion? You're lucky now!

The least Dice could do is make you pick up one type of bolt and stick with it until you change kits or respawn.

The only thing the damn thing is missing is smoke arrows or as faceless said revive arrows.

I bet a lot of servers are going to quickly ban it.

The new maps could be awesome but I wish they made the bow more standard and not Hawkeye/Green Arrow stuff.

i said health arrows... revive arrows would be TOO broken!

anyway, LOL @ being able to change ammo on the fly like Hawkeye/Green Arrow

Kak.efes

So i was thinking of getting this game again for the communi....

.. AN ARROW DISABLING A CHOPPER?!?

Nevermind.

Scout helicopters, which are made out of tin. I don't have a problem with this. I regularly disable them with grenade launchers, I guess it stands to reason an explosive tipped arrow can do the same.

JJD

Scout helicopters, which are made out of tin. I don't have a problem with this. I regularly disable them with grenade launchers, I guess it stands to reason an explosive tipped arrow can do the same.

Well that's because you're a bad chopper pilot! You couldn't even easily pass through that tunnel on Canals! :p

Seriously though, I'm not worried about the choppers, I bet they are going to be more of a threat/annoyance to ground vehicles. On consoles it was quite hard to hit one chopper with a tracer pistol remember?

My main issue is how versatile the xbow is.

Well that's because you're a bad chopper pilot! You couldn't even easily pass through that tunnel on Canals! :p

Seriously though, I'm not worried about the choppers, I bet they are going to be more of a threat/annoyance to ground vehicles. On consoles it was quite hard to hit one chopper with a tracer pistol remember?

My main issue is how versatile the xbow is.

tunnel on canals lol.. i did that! someday i'll do it backwards...

SUPPORT is gonna be super xbow rocket ninja

waypoetic

Banned
After watching that video i'm certain that DICE is all infantry > vehicles. At the time i stopped playing BF3 the choppers and jets had a lock-on from infantry fire all the time. I couldn't fly 500 meters from the homebase without getting a "BEEP BEEP BEEP".
After watching trailers, gameplay and reading this thread the last couple of months i've noticed that That vehicle problem i had has become ten times worse - and now there's a fucking crossbow that disables the little bird's.

What the fuck happened to Battlefield?

JJD

tunnel on canals lol.. i did that! someday i'll do it backwards...

SUPPORT is gonna be super xbow rocket ninja

That video was freaking awesome! He wasted the enemy chopper waiting for him on the exit or am I imagining things?

If I could pull that kind of stuff I would scream out "SURPRISE MOTHERF***R" just as I downed the chopper waiting for me in the tunnel exit! Haha!

After watching that video i'm certain that DICE is all infantry > vehicles. At the time i stopped playing BF3 the choppers and jets had a lock-on from infantry fire all the time. I couldn't fly 500 meters from the homebase without getting a "BEEP BEEP BEEP".
After watching trailers, gameplay and reading this thread the last couple of months i've noticed that That vehicle problem i had has become ten times worse - and now there's a fucking crossbow that disables the little bird's.

What the fuck happened to Battlefield?

What the fuck happened? Engineer unbalanced happened.
Stop putting dirt on other infantry classes just because engineers got lock-on are you.

Besides, I rather have more air vehicles in the air.
As I always say, more people in the air = less people doing the objective.

Top Bottom