• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Omni

After watching that video i'm certain that DICE is all infantry > vehicles. At the time i stopped playing BF3 the choppers and jets had a lock-on from infantry fire all the time. I couldn't fly 500 meters from the homebase without getting a "BEEP BEEP BEEP".
After watching trailers, gameplay and reading this thread the last couple of months i've noticed that That vehicle problem i had has become ten times worse - and now there's a fucking crossbow that disables the little bird's.

What the fuck happened to Battlefield?

Eh, I know that feel. Tanks are still pretty damn powerful, but anything else can be disabled or destroyed by a single dude with the right weapon... which is complete horseshit.

I fear while CoD is still popular, devs are going to try and copy as much as they can from the game in an effort to win over the casual crowd... Not that Dice is the only one to do this... *cough*Halo 4*cough*

Eh, I know that feel. Tanks are still pretty damn powerful, but anything else can be disabled or destroyed by a single dude with the right weapon... which is complete horseshit.

I fear while CoD is still popular, devs are going to try and copy as much as they can from the game in an effort to win over the casual crowd... Not that Dice is the only one to do this... *cough*Halo 4*cough*

i don't even play Halo anymore and i am still STUNNED at Halo 4 MP

JJD

It was a struggle, but I did make it thorugh that tunnel.

STILL THE UNDISPUTED CHOPPER CHAMP OF GAF, albeit a bit rusty.

You know I'm kidding right dude? It was good playing with you again! I love gunning for pretty much anyone who can fly straight, but you really are the best pilot I've played with! Not only that, but you were great on foot on those rush games too!

Glad to have you back BK! Haha!

it's like COD now.

Is that different now? Never really liked Halo, but at least it was it's own thing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is that different now? Never really liked Halo, but at least it was it's own thing.

Yep, 343 is trolling the Hey-low community hard.

Though I think the flag not being dropped change is the best troll ever. No more "FLAG TAKEN! FLAG DROPPED! FLAG TAK-FLAG DRO-FLAG TAK-FLAG DR-FLAG-FLAG-FLAG-FLAG-FL-FL-F-F-F-FLAG SCORED!"

Dream said:
As I always say, more people in the air = less people doing the objective.

Until they start mowing you down/destroying cover. *mumble grumble RAGE* I've had some games where I ignore the chopper because they aren't good, but get two choppers/stolen chopper with half-decent pilots and me not being able to nail our chopper and get it back/keep an eye on it to where they don't totally lop-side the game? MMMM, no. I'd rather honestly have tank-jeep-atv-and-infantry "infantry only" mode instead of air-vehicles being included. Make all players be on the ground, but all players have counters for each thing with no worries about having to worry about someone taking out a third element/air vehicle.

(Of course, tanks would be kinda crazy broke in pro-pilot hands, but that's still at least an easier counter than helicopters/jets at times)

waypoetic

Banned
The thing with tanks is that they can just back up behind a building if someone is shooting a rocket at them. I cant do that in my transporthelicopter. I can pop flares and thats that. Im not very useful to my teammates if i hover behind a silo/rock/building all the time..

Bradach

I play BF3 on PC and PS3. Anyone here know if I buy premium for PC will I have it for PS3 too? Probably not but just thought I'd ask

Maddocks

I rock headphones when I play ps3, So I rock a mic. But I really only turn it on when I play with my clan members. Because When I play with randoms, I find it few and far between that use the mic as a information hub instead of a singing hub.

-Stranger-

I had a really awesome round on Damavand Peak (conquest)

I went 37-5 i got like 12 kills in the little bird. Then once i got shot down i went infantry again.
I went on a killing spree, then i run out of ammo me and a team-mate got barricaded in one of those little cabins near C. We kept lobbing grenades out while the enemy swarmed us.
I got about 10 kills straight with just my sidearm.

Fun round :)

Facism

That SINS clan sucked so bad and they were all level 100s. Ranks can be deceiving.

Man ranks are worthless if they only ever go up. It's just a measure of time wasted playing videogames rather than skillful time wasted playing videogames ;p

I remember in halo 3 my rank would drop after a couple of shitty rounds. That was decent, if basic.

Explain this magic, and how I acquire such power.
i think a few of them were putting down C4 and/or AT Mines on the flags

Lol at least you got the win on the round before. My game froze when it was 11-5 us and I was like noooooooooooooooo. Thank god you guys won otherwise I would of blame myself. Game has been freezing a lot lately.

it's been lagging, disconnecting and freezing a lot for me lately... i was thinking it's just been my ISP since it happens on 360 too... maybe it's DICE

yay, mortars!!! i was on a super hot streak then... DISCONNECTED!

boo ISP

71635504.png

71635656.png

71635676.png

lol, what the fuck

so yeah, Seine Crossing Rush as attackers is my joint for mortar kills! got 7 mortar kills twice in two games on 360. 11 to go for that assignment requirement, woooo!

Mahonay

Banned
Woo! What an awesome year it's been.

I've racked up over 20k kills, 797 wins, and a 690 SPM.

Yet, I'm only Colonel Service Star 40. I have no idea how people manage to get to level 100. I guess if you're younger and you have the time.

bf3gaf.png

Happy late 1 year anniversary! (i gotta get back to playing regularly)

It's kind of curious that just this weekend with the Origin promo of Premium I made my mind to play exclusively the PC version ;b. Anyway for me, even with its flaws and some of the shitty EA attitude included in the package, its the best multiplayer FPS.

even with its flaws and some of the shitty EA attitude included in the package, its the best multiplayer FPS.

yeah, it's such a great series and a great game that we still care and bitch and moan for a reason :D

if it was just a mediocre game the online would have been abandoned long ago.

olimpia84

Played last night against a guy that had the GAF tag but never seen him before. Turns out he's part of another platoon with the GAF name; I think there are 2 or 3 others now.

Nori Chan

so yeah, Seine Crossing Rush as attackers is my joint for mortar kills! got 7 mortar kills twice in two games on 360. 11 to go for that assignment requirement, woooo!

Nope, defenders is way better.

Hide on the second floor near the bomb site and make it rain with C4. Just throw it out the window, wait til it hits the floor and then bam, somebody is dead. Went 15-0 doing that.

also watch out you might commit suicide lolololol

Will I be missing any major multiplayer functionality by buying the regular version as opposed to the premium right now?

And how active is the Gaf 360 community?

Top Bottom