• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Soma

I just applied for the PS3 platoon. I'm not as active on GAF since my laptop is busted but i'm pretty much playing BF3 everyday.

My PSN ID is Neo_Soma. Thanks!

rdrr gnr

Dear DICE,

I don't want to play against my own fucking platoon.

-- Sincerely,
Common Sense

Another unnecessary fucking loss.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tunavi said:
Yes. They won't give me the email tied to my account, and I have no idea what it is. Very frustrating.

Wow "I am sorry, we can't assist you about this issue." they just disconnected the chat on me. Fuck EA

It should be whatever your PSN id e-mail is?

They can't give you that info for good reason: Someone can social engineer just by saying "Oh, I forgot >>PSN ID<<'s e-mail, can you reset or tell me it please?"

AKA: SECURITY RISK.

Tunavi

Banned
TheSeks said:
It should be whatever your PSN id e-mail is?
Thats what I thought, but they told me it isn't the same email. I must have made a fake email back during my EA account activation for BC2... Sigh

TheSeks

JM: FLY YOU FOOL!

*topples over the edge of getting Air Warfare Ribbon and still doesn't have it, Nemesis or M-com defense*

STRIFE AND WOE. I need a helicopter pilot that won't cockblock me from laying waste (*COUGH*BRUSIERK*COUGH*) while getting kills. >_>

I get the feeling that Seks hates DAT MASS with a passion now...

In that marketplace map? It's hilariously broken. They need to hit it with the nerfstick a bit.

Then again they also need to nerf the unslug rifle because blind firing into corners and getting two shots is trollface.jpg broken.

Bruiserk

TheSeks said:
JM: FLY YOU FOOL!

*topples over the edge of getting Air Warfare Ribbon and still doesn't have it, Nemesis or M-com defense*

STRIFE AND WOE. I need a helicopter pilot that won't cockblock me from laying waste (*COUGH*BRUSIERK*COUGH*) while getting kills. >_>

In that marketplace map? It's hilariously broken. They need to hit it with the nerfstick a bit.

Then again they also need to nerf the unslug rifle because blind firing into corners and getting two shots is trollface.jpg broken.

I think you have spelled my name wrong every time you have typed it in your post.

TheSeks

Bruiserk said:
I think you have spelled my name wrong every time you have typed it in your post.

Whatever. The point is YOU COCKBLOCKED MY AIR PIN AND PREVENTED ME FROM BEING GROUND BASED FOR A WHILE! STRIFE STRIFE STRIFE.

I posted this in the main BF3 thread, but since I just noticed that Seks has this ribbon I thought I'd also post it here:

So... the Surveillance Efficiency Ribbon (5 motion sensor assists in a match). How do you get it?

I assumed it was the spot assists you get for friendly soldiers killing enemies that had been revealed on the mini-map by a T-UGS you'd deployed. But after laying T-UGS's constantly near the escalators at B on Operation Métro last night as we had our opponents in an absolute meat grinder, I had +10 spot assists flashing up constantly for pretty much the entire match, and still no Surveillance Efficiency Ribbon (5 motion sensor assists in a match).

rdrr gnr

I don't understand gaming sometimes. Did the employees at DICE not play Operation Metro themselves? That map sets multiplayer gaming back by at least 2 decades.

TheSeks

endlessflood said:
I posted this in the main BF3 thread, but since I just noticed that Seks has this ribbon I thought I'd also post it here:

So... the Surveillance Efficiency Ribbon (5 motion sensor assists in a match). How do you get it?

I assumed it was the spot assists you get for friendly soldiers killing enemies that had been revealed on the mini-map by a T-UGS you'd deployed. But after laying T-UGS's constantly near the escalators at B on Operation Métro last night as we had our opponents in an absolute meat grinder, I had +10 spot assists flashing up constantly for pretty much the entire match, and still no Surveillance Efficiency Ribbon (5 motion sensor assists in a match).

Yeah, use the MAV. I did it on Tehran Highway and so long as your team checks the minimap and knows whats up you'll get them by the boatload.

olimpia84

Evolved1 said:
You know I was somewhat to blame in the beginning of that game... I was in the bird and while I was scoring points, flags were getting capped by the other team. We were like a hundred tickets behind when I came down. But you were still plugging away and I was like, well, if you didn't give in even after I left you to fend for yourself, no way was I gonna quit. That's when we rolled together as a tank squad and the epic comeback happened.

I know that Farlanghn is a friend of gaf, but I really do not like the guy. He just runs around with a knife like a fucktard and that's the second or third time I've been on the opposite side and watched him screw over his team trying to get knife kills. At the end of that game we were in critical ticket condition and he had me dead to rights, stuck on a ladder. Instead of just shooting me and securing the win for his team, he tried to I guess knife me? Whatever... I was able to get off the ladder somehow and shot him.

Eat it motherfucker. You lost the game for your team.... I remember saying that as we pulled out the win in the next few seconds.

That's funny because I got one knife kill in that game and it was him...

olimpia84

endlessflood said:

I'd like to know this as well. I swear I got more than 5 assists in one Op. Metro round but never got the ribbon. Weird.

Jas

Good games today everyone, had alot of fun.

As far as the surveillance ribbon listen to Seks, I used the MAV today in the Tehran Highway Conquest game and ended up with 4 or 5 by the end of the match.

It does help when you have all 3 points capped and they're stuck in the base tho :)

TheSeks

Jas said:
Good games today everyone, had alot of fun.

As far as the surveillance ribbon listen to Seks, I used the MAV today in the Tehran Highway Conquest game and ended up with 4 or 5 by the end of the match.

It does help when you have all 3 points capped and they're stuck in the base tho :)

Or do it on Rush attack. Muuuuuch easier than that.

I enjoy it.

As do I. I don't get all the hate other than OH NOES MY KDR D:

Edit: Also you can't get the MP-443 with no modifications for the US team, REALLY, DICE!?

olimpia84 said:
I'd like to know this as well. I swear I got more than 5 assists in one Op. Metro round but never got the ribbon. Weird.
Velion in the main thread and Seks in this thread (thanks guys!) have said you need to use the MAV for that ribbon, so there you go... I just wish DICE had told us that instead of leaving us to guess.

One other question for the learned people of console GAF: if the driver of an IFV or tank has proximity scanner on, can the gunner/other passengers see the enemies marked by it? I know that in BFBC2 they couldn't (only the driver could) but a friend mentioned that he thought it had changed in BF3.

JJD

Bruiserk said:
I understand. During BC2 that never happened. I think you just noticed him at the wrong time. When I say he is a team player, I mean it.

Er, who's AbuC?

AbuC was a king on PS3 gaf...now he's just a PC peasant!

Kidding Abu! We're still waiting ya!

No_Style

I tried to join fellow GAF players tonight. Saw that I was against them and got the hell out of there.

Also, holy smokes @ Olimpia's rank.

Xux

endlessflood said:
One other question for the learned people of console GAF: if the driver of an IFV or tank has proximity scanner on, can the gunner/other passengers see the enemies marked by it? I know that in BFBC2 they couldn't (only the driver could) but a friend mentioned that he thought it had changed in BF3.
It seems like it. I was driving through the tunnel on Damavand with it on and my team was pouring through killing all the people before I could. It seemed like I got a lot of spot assists from that, too.

I just tried flying a helicopter in a match on Kharg Island and I think some guy on the other team was using soflam; Hooooooly shit, it was just a nightmare trying to pilot that match. So many damn lock-ons.....

olimpia84

endlessflood said:
Velion in the main thread and Seks in this thread (thanks guys!) have said you need to use the MAV for that ribbon, so there you go... I just wish DICE had told us that instead of leaving us to guess.

I'm glad you bolded the MAV part because I didn't pay attention to that. I guess I'm gonna have to use it eventually to get that stupid ribbon =/

Klocker

I think half of the conquest maps are too small and remind me of the clusterfeck that is domination in CoD games...good grief, no viable strategies, just kill, die respawn, rinse, repeat. Operation Metro I'm looking at you.

TheSeks

DarkFlow83 said:
lol yeah, I'm not laying there for my health that's for sure.

Sweet Jesus, I don't even have that many medals but I'm getting there.

Bruiserk: At least we got Autoloader and Stealth on the helicopters from that attempt. Also I was pure "WTF" at the upside-down helicopter. And yeah, the game's been lagging for a bit for me. DICE needs to maintain the servers again. :/

Also got Stealth on Jets. So hoorah, sort-of defensive in the air now? I still can't aim the jet for shit against planes with the machine gun and attempting to lock on is a bitch and a half.

DarkFlow

Banned
TheSeks said:

Bruiserk: At least we got Autoloader and Stealth on the helicopters from that attempt. Also I was pure "WTF" at the upside-down helicopter. And yeah, the game's been lagging for a bit for me. DICE needs to maintain the servers again. :/

Also got Stealth on Jets. So hoorah, sort-of defensive in the air now? I still can't aim the jet for shit against planes with the machine gun and attempting to lock on is a bitch and a half.
yeah I gave up on flying. I lagged twice into the water but somehow did not die, just ended up swimming with no plane. I need 2 damn points for ground radar.

Bruiserk

TheSeks said:

It rubber banded be into the building. One second I was 20 feet above it, the next I was upside down on the ground. I still feel obligated to say sorry about that though :/

Ketch

frustrating couple matches today... finally got in with you all, and then everyone switched teams. Just played a couple and quit for the day anyway.

MuseManMike said:
Dear DICE,

-- Sincerely,
Common Sense

quoted for truth

red731

Good games yesterday!
We had many gaffers playing such as dave1988, ejas, easytgt, evolved and some more without tag or on another team.
If you want we can play again today!

and yeah, they should add platoon join or make more options for bringing more squads into game at the same time - even if it would just load one team full and second team would be joined by people until same players count on both teams.

Bruiserk said:
It rubber banded be into the building. One second I was 20 feet above it, the next I was upside down on the ground. I still feel obligated to say sorry about that though :/

Rubber banding is way worse in the air than it is on the ground. There has been a couple of times I was in the air one moment, only for the game to stutter and me ending up in a crash seconds later.

Xux

SKS is pretty good for the Paris maps. Sucks when an enemy gets a critical hit by the time I get them down below 10%. :(

computers putin' said:
Rubber banding is way worse in the air than it is on the ground. There has been a couple of times I was in the air one moment, only for the game to stutter and me ending up in a crash seconds later.
The worst I've had was when I was flying level above the water, when there was a lag spike and suddenly my whole jet dropped 200 feet and plunged into the water, ejecting me (like when you drive a tank into deep water), only to launch itself back up to its previous altitude a moment later, with me still in the water. So I sat there in the middle of the ocean, looking up at my undamaged and now unmanned jet gliding off into the sunset…

deano469

Neo Member
MuseManMike said:
Dear DICE,

-- Sincerely,
Common Sense

I know, joined a game with Evoloved1 last night but ended up on the receiving end of a GAF steamrolling on Tehran Highway lol.

Noshahr Canals CQ is soooo stacked for the Russian team it isn't funny!

once again, we're playing a team that we're beating the bricks off of...

Caspian: the team assembles
Tehran: all up in their spawn
Bazaar: all up in their spawn
Damavand: all up in their spawn
Seine: all up in their cafe
Firestorm: crushing
Metro: all up in their tunnels
Noshahr: they actually hold their own and manage to get all 3 flags a few times and even briefly hold the lead with ~100 tickets left, we win by ... 37?
Kharg: all up on their road

WTF DICE?

TheSeks said:
Faceless: I take it back. That unslug rail grenade launcher is OMA/Danger Close broken trolling.

How does I spam grenades from A to stairs C for double kills?
oh man, that's nothing... i unlocked the dart/flechette rounds for the M26 MASS and used it in the Metro game.

OH

MY

CAR

i was running around NAILING people close range like nobody's business. 1-2 shot kill, 6 round mag!? it felt unfair!

red731

DarkFlow83 said:
I can't for the life of me find a Random co-op who is not mentally retarded. They can't stay alive for more then 2 secs.

If you want, I can coop with you. Or anyone if interested.
I try to survive for more than three secs.

Rikkun

Be advised: We are seeing connectivity issues to the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 back-end systems. DICE/EA are working on resolving the problem.

On Twitter...
I can play 10 minutes, then EA Online kicks me out and I have to restart both Xbox and the router :(

EDIT: Ok I got in the server browser for like 5 seconds and all the rooms were empty.. I guess they're still working on it.

olimpia84

Genesis Knight said:
So is there any good way to get points as Recon? That class is lagging behind my other ones pretty badly.

Equip the UMP and go assault type recon. That and set spawn beacons in strategic locations so that your squadmates use it.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
Equip the UMP and go assault type recon. That and set spawn beacons in strategic locations so that your squadmates use it.

And have non-stupid teammates for that.

I can place beacons and T-UGS or MAV people but it's no good unless they notice and know what the fuck it is. >:|

Top Bottom