• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
And have non-stupid teammates for that.

I can place beacons and T-UGS or MAV people but it's no good unless they notice and know what the fuck it is. >:|

That's because most random people don't know how to read the map.

red731

olimpia84 said:
That's because most random people don't know how to read the map.

...or even use it. My main weapon is the knowledge of the enemy position and checking the minimap or big map in menu.

olimpia84 said:
Equip the UMP and go assault type recon. That and set spawn beacons in strategic locations so that your squadmates use it.

K, that's what I was thinking. I tried it when I unlocked the PP2000 for all classes but that gun's magazine is about one bullet short of a kill every time. ;) I'll try it again with the UMP.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Woorloog said:
I flew through the tunnel in Damavand Peak with a HELICOPTER! It was quite difficulty and totally useless of course...

Flying a MAV in there is murder. You can't see the roof because it's completely black for infared, but it's cheating.

olimpia84

I got a few kills using the Claymore and mortar strikes the other day but they don't show up on battlelog for me (and everybody else). What gives?

I checked the leaderboards last night and saw someone with a KD of 61. W-t-f? Is there a medic that keeps reviving him when he dies or something?

Woorloog

Banned
Started playing Assault and Recon. Assault equipped with KH2002 with ACOG, HvyBar and foregrip. Very good weapon, if you have quick trigger finger for CQC.
Recon equipped with SKS, 4x russian scope, foregrip and flash suppressor. If i'm in a bush or some dark place, i'm essentially invisible.
I wish more Engis would use Javelin and others would have guided shells for tanks etc so that i could properly use SOFLAM once i unlock it :/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
HollovVpo1nt said:
I checked the leaderboards last night and saw someone with a KD of 61. W-t-f? Is there a medic that keeps reviving him when he dies or something?

Some sort of vehicle pilot I'd assume. Probably spawns into vehicles from the spawn screen... I'd guess a jet pilot. Once you have counter measures it's pretty safe up there if you're skilled.

Or he cheats.

Or he is actually Jesus Christ Superstar.

Link his stats?

he's probably just a camper recon in HCM

TheSeks

MuseManMike said:
Seks, guess which particular pilot here on GAF got me the air warfare ribbon last night, right after you left? LOLOLOL

SMH.

Also randoms on co-op are so stupid. Silent take down the first group ALERT THE SECOND GROUP. DERP DERP.

Evolved1

TheAzRim said:
Just FYI if anyone cares I am back to hating this game. OK, proceed...

Some of the maps are terribad, some are straight broken, unlocks are bothersome, squad system is shitty, auto-balancing can suck a bag of dicks, fucked up analog controls and input lag, and flashlights/lasers ruin CQB.

I'm going to be on a lot less until B2K... hopefully those maps will actually be good Battlefield maps.

I was trying to like it, and some things are better than BC2, but honestly the more I play the more I'd rather just play BC2. Or something else entirely.

TheSeks

Genesis Knight said:
What's the trick to getting bipods to deploy? (360) They never work.

ADS. On ground or in cover. It's a bit finicky in cover.

I'm going to be on a lot less until B2K... hopefully those maps will actually be good Battlefield maps.

>Implying Karkand and Wake are bad maps.

KORPAH

Neo Member
Having two full squads of people in party chat on the same team = no chance for the other team, especially in Rush when you can spawn trap the other team so easily.

olimpia84

KORPAH said:
Having two full squads of people in party chat on the same team = no chance for the other team, especially in Rush when you can spawn trap the other team so easily.

That is until the end of the round when the game disbands the team completely. SMH Dice.

TheSeks

Genesis Knight said:
Right, but do I need to aim at the ground or some shit? Does it theoretically work in all cover or is it only certain types?

"On ground" == PRONE.

BE PRONE or CROUCHING behind cover. ADS. It'll "turn on" via animation and you'll then be in bipod mode.

this shit pisses me off.

DICE/EA stated they're going to ban the VIP code/online pass of these people and force them to rebuy the VIP/online pass in addition to removing their stats, apparently. Let's see if they keep that up.

Mikasangelos said:

They used to do this same shit back in the BF2 days.
Also the idots who would just spam nades with a support buddy dropping bags over and over again or the engineers who would drive a car into the water till it started to flame up or flip it...then all jump in the back and repair it the whole round.

The worst (or fun if someone on your team pissed you off) was to keep a player in a death that was on your team.
TK-->Revive-->TK-->revive
There were ways around it but some people werent bright enough to stop :)

KORPAH

Neo Member
olimpia84 said:
That is until the end of the round when the game disbands the team completely. SMH Dice.

This is true. Having an entire 12 man team quit out within 5 minutes is always lulz worthy though.

Xux

Genesis Knight said:
Right, but do I need to aim at the ground or some shit? Does it theoretically work in all cover or is it only certain types?
As long as you can get close enough to it and it isn't too high you can use it with a bipod. You can't be moving the left stick at all to put it down.

Miggytronz

TheSeks said:
DICE/EA stated they're going to ban the VIP code/online pass of these people and force them to rebuy the VIP/online pass in addition to removing their stats, apparently. Let's see if they keep that up.
Great!

TheSeks

KORPAH said:
I played against that Pit Stains guy before... he was a 40 or something within like 36 hours -- we still destroyed him and his team. :)

"BUT I HAVE EVERYTHING UNLOCKED AND YOU DON'T NEENER NEENER NEENER."

Dream or Evolved: Let me know if you want to do Mission 3/4/5's co-op achievements later because I still need those and randoms are dumb. >_>

Miggytronz

man if my XBOX could stream the texture pack faster this game would look really ill online but the pop in is rediculous sometimes.

Az

Evolved1 said:
Some of the maps are terribad, some are straight broken, unlocks are bothersome, squad system is shitty, auto-balancing can suck a bag of dicks, fucked up analog controls and input lag, and flashlights/lasers ruin CQB.

I was trying to like it, and some things are better than BC2, but honestly the more I play the more I'd rather just play BC2. Or something else entirely.

I agree on all counts sir. Actually I was trying to force myself to like the game the past few days and there is a glimpse of greatness. But it's far away currently.

Ketch

The main gun on the jet needs to do more damage. I know they said they are going to buff the jets in the patch and I hope that's what they do.

Dogfighting is fun, but if you out manuever your opponent and get some lead on him he just doesn't go down, and then he regenerates health... so you end up just flying around in circles peppering him occasionally without any real effect, and then if you do manage to disable him he'll just punch out and you don't even get credit for the kill.... super unsatisfying.

Buffing the main gun will also help with my main complaint about the jets basically being useless... right now they're pretty much only good for taking out other jets. The A-10 and the Frogfoot shred tanks up but the fighter jets are basically useless in the large scheme of things. Buff the main gun on jets and let my precious few moments of actually lining up some strafing runs matter.

EDIT:
Evolved1 said:
squad system is shitty, auto-balancing can suck a bag of dicks

THIS IS SO ANNOYING! For fuck sake, I want to play with people on my friends list, but the shit DOES NOT WORK. Can't get into their game, can't be on their team, can't switch teams, can't switch squads, can't join a game as a squad, join as a squad then get split up... back to: can't switch teams, can't switch squads! OK finally in a game on the same team, everyone in the same squad, VOIP doesn't work for shit... ok now my game locked up! AAAARRRGGHHH RAGE!

GenericUser

Damn, I hate it when I lose like 10 tickets behind or something. You do your very best, kill a lot of guys, run from flag to flag like there is no tomorrow, finish as your teams MVP and still lose. So crushing. Happend 3 times in a row this evening, good night!

Evolved1

EasyTGT said:
THIS IS SO ANNOYING! For fuck sake, I want to play with people on my friends list, but the shit DOES NOT WORK. Can't get into their game, can't be on their team, can't switch teams, can't switch squads, can't join a game as a squad, join as a squad then get split up... back to: can't switch teams, can't switch squads! OK finally in a game on the same team, everyone in the same squad, VOIP doesn't work for shit... ok now my game locked up! AAAARRRGGHHH RAGE!

Yep... exactly. I'm gonna do some other stuff (for the most part) until B2K drops and they patch the game. Right now playing with friends is a pain in the ass and I only like BF w/ friends.

Playing by myself, yeah it's pretty easy to get Ace, but I can't always win. That often takes a team effort. And I'd rather just win games than get personal stats or whatever.

their entire system is ridiculous. the best part is, if you get auto-balanced to the other side, if you leave the game and 'join session' you get to be on their side! as long as there's still space anyway... which there usually is when auto-balance happens.

minus squad management, the way BC2 handled things was great.

TheSeks said:
"On ground" == PRONE. BE PRONE or CROUCHING behind cover. ADS. It'll "turn on" via animation and you'll then be in bipod mode.

CAPS lol. Yeah I know 'on ground' is prone, geez. Sometimes it doesn't deploy, I was wondering if there was trick to beat the glitches. For instance I'd heard looking down at the ground a bit while prone when you ADS'd helped.

Xux said:
As long as you can get close enough to it and it isn't too high you can use it with a bipod. You can't be moving the left stick at all to put it down.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I think I might be touching that left stick.

Ketch

The Faceless Master said:
their entire system is ridiculous. the best part is, if you get auto-balanced to the other side, if you leave the game and 'join session' you get to be on their side! as long as there's still space anyway... which there usually is when auto-balance happens.

minus squad management, the way BC2 handled things was great.

No the best part is their shitty ass "Here's how to play with friends" tutorial, and at the end it's like PS. We did this on an empty server just to show you how.

LOL NO SHIT? It works on an empty server huh? GGGGGRRRRRRRRR

Here's the link: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654774170149549/

rdrr gnr

EasyTGT said:
Fucking tell me about it.

TheSeks

Genesis Knight said:
CAPS lol. Yeah I know 'on ground' is prone, geez. Sometimes it doesn't deploy, I was wondering if there was trick to beat the glitches. For instance I'd heard looking down at the ground a bit while prone when you ADS'd helped.

There's no trick. If you are PRONE, you WILL deploy the bipod 10/10 of the time. The only time you won't is if you're looking at the derp skybox.

Cover is the one where it becomes "bugged"/annoying to attempt to deploy it.

rdrr gnr

TheSeks said:
There's no trick. If you are PRONE, you WILL deploy the bipod 10/10 of the time. The only time you won't is if you're looking at the derp skybox.

Cover is the one where it becomes "bugged"/annoying to attempt to deploy it.
Not necessarily true. It's really buggy for me as well. I couldn't deploy bi-pods in the beta at all. I have no idea why.

TheSeks

JM: Are you learning to fly yet? I need mah ribbon. ;__;

Also Faceless what counts as an M-COM defense? Disarming? Shooting the enemy near the M-COMs?

Need that, the 7 airkills, and 2 nemesis kills for all the ribbons. >_>

ShaneB

Anyone care to group up on 360? I'm a complete BF beginner, but it's been no fun getting into some matches and it being absolutely quiet.

TheSeks

spidye said:
Error

There has been a problem. Please try again later.

crap. tried it three times. still no luck

It should work in a little while. Probably being hammered.

Top Bottom