• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

Thermal is for drivers. But it's pointless now a days with Javelin's out the ass.

Javelins don't bother me that much, but I still run smoke just to be safe and break any kind of lock on. Kamikaze C4 is way more annoying IMO. People love those little things.

I run with proximity 24/7 nowadays. Reactive would be good, but I can do without it most of the times when fighting other tanks, besides I had my tank stolen a thousand times when I'm repairing the armor. On the other side I just can't fathom trying to capture a flag without proximity anymore...

It would be great if I could run thermal/reactive or thermal/autoloader but I'm playing mostly with randoms that I can't trust and I'm just too much paranoid now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thermals let me see them before they see me. Same for C4-ers. Anyone coming near me? Going to get a 4000mm tank shell in the face. Put that C4 back and eat my tank shells. >:|

*lock on lock on lock on* Ah, shi--*Javalined*

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Thermals let me see them before they see me. Same for C4-ers. Anyone coming near me? Going to get a 4000mm tank shell in the face. Put that C4 back and eat my tank shells. >:|

*lock on lock on lock on* Ah, shi--*Javalined*

Yeah my original tank loadout was thermal and autoloader.

Now I'm running thermal and prox, and I just had a pretty effective game in the tank. Felt like old times. You can see everything.

edit: btw sorry olimpia my game froze... apparently we blew up too much shit in the chopper too fast. Probably got robbed of what would have been a multikill. :/

Mahonay

Banned
For main battle tanks I go Auto Loader, Zoom Optics, and Guided Shells.

I enjoy shooting down choppers, and that perk combo with the tank can control the skies at times. Between locking on, and getting really good at sizing them up with free aimed shots from the main gun, I get at least a couple of them every round. The only time I get dominated from air support is when skilled jet pilots focus on me. I can still shoot them down if they come head on, but from behind or the side I am fucked.

To combat jihad jeeps I just stay patient and only fire when I have an easy shot, or lock onto them when they're way out with the guided shell. I rarely get hit by them. I go down by Support players on foot with C4 far more.

JJD

Yes! Got my third multikill tonight! Only two more to go!

Congrats!!!

That assignment is such a chore...I still haven't got a single one... =(

Edit:

Newest dumbass server rules:

Any weapon with service star 15 is not allowed.

Only colonel lvl. 100 allowed is the server owner.

I think it was that server were we played Bazaar faceless.

Evolved1

Cool games guys... lots of fun.

So annoying to copilot for anyone else after flying with bk... it's like what the hell are you doing!?

lol

JJD

Cool games guys... lots of fun.

So annoying to copilot for anyone else after flying with bk... it's like what the hell are you doing!?

lol

Lol flying with him is just intense!

I love when he tries to capture flags with the chopper it always freaks me out! Hahaha!

TheSeks

Lol flying with him is just intense!

I love when he tries to capture flags with the chopper it always freaks me out! Hahaha!

It always makes us eat an RPG-7 when that RPG-7 would've missed us if he kept flying and let the ground worry about the flags. >:| *mumble grumble*

As for my loadout: I've always been Thermal, Autoloader, Guided Shells (before it was cool to do that, so like before they nerfed the infantry shotgun blast perk).

Then Javelins came out and now it's like Thermal (if I'm a dumbass at that moment), Autoloader, Guided Shells or Smoke, Auto-loader (IIRC), and Guided Shells.

I don't need zoom optics since I'm generally rushing up to the ass of enemy tanks to two shot them in the ass to disable and then haul ass backwards as they get out to try to repair it or RPG me or C4 me. (or I get into "fuck it" mode and sacrifice the tank to have them on infantry/foot for three-five minutes.

Evolved1

It always makes us eat an RPG-7 when that RPG-7 would've missed us if he kept flying and let the ground worry about the flags. >:| *mumble grumble*

Shit happens. I'd rather someone actually land an old fashion rpg hit than get locked on by some douche with a super stinger or get jet rammed or whatever other cheesy shit happens when you come up out of the trees.

Just getting into a chopper is a risk. You have to keep track of a ton of stuff. On any given map there are a half a dozen things that can take you out pretty easily if you're caught by surprise. Add into that equation the fucking ridiculously broken buff they gave to the douchey stinger engineers... it's a lot to keep track of. So if a flag seems clear and you can cap it... cap it. Because chances are the chopper won't be in the air very long anyway. Any chopper that stays up for an extended period has a really good pilot, and likely a decent gunner working with him.

That's my take on it anyway... you want to help the ground troops cap flags. Getting rpg'd is pretty rare.

JJD

As for my loadout: I've always been Thermal, Autoloader, Guided Shells (before it was cool to do that, so like before they nerfed the infantry shotgun blast perk).

Then Javelins came out and now it's like Thermal (if I'm a dumbass at that moment), Autoloader, Guided Shells or Smoke, Auto-loader (IIRC), and Guided Shells.

I don't need zoom optics since I'm generally rushing up to the ass of enemy tanks to two shot them in the ass to disable and then haul ass backwards as they get out to try to repair it or RPG me or C4 me. (or I get into "fuck it" mode and sacrifice the tank to have them on infantry/foot for three-five minutes.

You never used canister shells? Man that thing was amazing before the nerf...I loved counter sniping recons with that thing...sooooooooo good!

I used guided shells for a long time, but now I never pick then anymore. It's so funny when a noob starts locking guided shells on me and I pop smoke just before the lock completes! By that time I usually have landed 2, maybe even 3 regular shots so they're already disabled! Some guys will try to lock on you from 10 meters away while you bombard then with regular cannon shells...SMH...

I feel like I can take most people with the regular cannon, so I prefer a secondary that helps me deal with those damn kamikaze infantry ants! Guided is awesome against choppers on some maps but any moderately skilled pilot knows how to easily break a lock (if they know where it's coming from or are not being overrun by others).

I've been rocking coaxial HMG lately, it's good but nowhere near as good as canister in it's glory days...

I can damage any light armor vehicle with it (including choppers) it never overheats so it's been useful. If you're a good shot you can kill infantry pretty fast with head shots since the target reticule is pretty accurate.

Coaxial LMG is just garbage...don't know why some people use it...

TheSeks

Getting rpg'd is pretty rare.

Anytime he's hovered over a flag (and not landing to repair) we've been RPGed. EVERY. TIME. D:

I just want to pew pew pew tanks in the ass and let the ground worry about the other infantry as I worry about the vehicles, damn it. I don't need to cap the flags! That's their job! D:

You never used canister shells? Man that thing was amazing before the nerf...I loved counter sniping recons with that thing...sooooooooo good!

Nope. Why do that when I can two shot tanks in a matter of seconds and then one more shot kills them?

Problem with guided shells in tanks versus the air is the vert lock. Half the time someone gets in the tank gets in that third seat locks the air but no one will Javelin them and I can't fire on it since it's like 30% outside of my vertical view.

Mahonay

Banned
Anytime he's hovered over a flag (and not landing to repair) we've been RPGed. EVERY. TIME. D:

I just want to pew pew pew tanks in the ass and let the ground worry about the other infantry as I worry about the vehicles, damn it. I don't need to cap the flags! That's their job! D:

Nope. Why do that when I can two shot tanks in a matter of seconds and then one more shot kills them?

Problem with guided shells in tanks versus the air is the vert lock. Half the time someone gets in the tank gets in that third seat locks the air but no one will Javelin them and I can't fire on it since it's like 30% outside of my vertical view.
Yep, I take lots of helis out like that. I barely fly choppers but I can tell it's a little lopsided when you have a third guy in the SOFLAM seat. There will be some matches where I keep helis out of the sky for the entire match. When other people are using stingers as well? Game over.

Kak.efes

I got a "fuck you" message after we won that close Noshahr Canals game. What was funny was getting a "fuck yeah" message from Boatack five seconds later.

Highlight of the night was Boatack picking me up in the chopper, then face planting and killing us both five seconds later.

BoatAck

I got a "fuck you" message after we won that close Noshahr Canals game. What was funny was getting a "fuck yeah" message from Boatack five seconds later.

Highlight of the night was Boatack picking me up in the chopper, then face planting and killing us both five seconds later.

You're being generous with the 5 seconds, it was more like one second after picking you up lol. I was like "awe yeah, I'm gonna pick bKak up and let him do some gunning with my limited piloting skills" Turns out they were very limited.

Kak.efes

Is it just me, or does ECM only work like half the time now? When people ECM on me, my missiles go flying off into different directions, while theirs just circle around me waiting for my ECM to end. Really frustrating.

Evolved1

Is it just me, or does ECM only work like half the time now? When people ECM on me, my missiles go flying off into different directions, while theirs just circle around me waiting for my ECM to end. Really frustrating.

Yeah I don't really understand it... and for whatever reason it never works when I hit the button. I usually have to hit it a couple times before it actually pops.

Kak.efes

Yeah I don't really understand it... and for whatever reason it never works when I hit the button. I usually have to hit it a couple times before it actually pops.

That too. This game is still one buggy mess. I engaged that Bigfurnace guy twice (by locking onto him first, which usually means you'll win the encounter 99% of the time), but he managed to kill me both times because his missiles would still hit me after I hit countermeasures.

JJD

JJ... did they ban you?

No just kicked me, the admin. didn't seem like a bad guy he was probably just pissed at losing round after round even when we had a 3 player disadvantage.

He sent me a message saying spawn camping didn't require skill, I answered that I only did it after we had all the flags and that takes skill...when you're playing against a good team which unfortunately wasn't really the case there.

He replied that they continually took charlie, and I said that he should not take pride in that since they ended up without flags by the time the game finished and that we won by more than 400 tickets...with less players.

I pointed that some of his teammates were killing us at our spawn when they held charlie but he has not answered yet...

I won't keep arguing with the guy, as I said he didn't seem like an asshole and he even sent me a warning four games prior on that Caspian Border game. It's just so sad that people have to resort to made up rules when they can't defend their own base.

Glad you guys won the next round too!

Jas

No just kicked me, the admin. didn't seem like a bad guy he was probably just pissed at losing round after round even when we had a 3 player disadvantage.

He sent me a message saying spawn camping didn't require skill, I answered that I only did it after we had all the flags and that takes skill...when you're playing against a good team which unfortunately wasn't really the case there.

He replied that they continually took charlie, and I said that he should not take pride in that since they ended up without flags by the time the game finished and that we won by more than 400 tickets...with less players.

I pointed that some of his teammates were killing us at our spawn when they held charlie but he has not answered yet...

I won't keep arguing with the guy, as I said he didn't seem like an asshole and he even sent me a warning four games prior on that Caspian Border game. It's just so sad that people have to resort to made up rules when they can't defend their own base.

Glad you guys won the next round too!

I got kicked during the Caspian round and just joined back,
if I got banned I just look at it as he would be doing me a favor
because I wouldn't want to accidentally be on that server again :)

olimpia84

That OP clan was really bad. If you can't win Metro with a 3 player advantage then I don't know what else they could have tried.

Evolved1

That OP clan was really bad. If you can't win Metro with a 3 player advantage then I don't know what else they could have tried.

It was almost like a six player advantage for awhile... the bottom three on our team were these super low level dudes with horrendous k/d. lol

On the next match in op firestorm... one of their OP guys was on our side and he was like 1-12. I was trying to figure out if he was just that bad or was trying to sabotage our tickets.

burnfout

Congrats :) How did you get it? I'm still trying to figure out the best techniques (still have 3 to go).

I don't think there any good techniques, just luck :(

Here's how I got my three:

1. Defending on Grand Bazaar Rush first set Mcom B, with my Pecheneg lying on the crates in the little room, 4 dudes came running in from the streets into my line of fire.

2. Defending on Damavand Peak, second set, the Mcom in the cabin/container, I placed C4 all over the room, blew it up when the Mcom got armed, apparently there were 4 people in the room.

3. Shooting down a full Little Bird on Noshar Canals with a SMAW :)

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Anyone else have a problem trying to download content in game on the 360?

I can't get aftermath because it refuses to load the dashboard popup no matter how my connection is going.

6+mbps and it can't load a few kb of text...

Can't get from the dashboard either because I'm a premium member and it's only "free" when downloaded from in game.

Anyone else have a problem trying to download content in game on the 360?

I can't get aftermath because it refuses to load the dashboard popup no matter how my connection is going.

6+mbps and it can't load a few kb of text...

Can't get from the dashboard either because I'm a premium member and it's only "free" when downloaded from in game.

Never had a problem with it, but you should just be able to start it through the in game store and it should just add to your download queue. Or you could go to your download history and start it up there.

2 multi-kills down, 8 to go!

:(

I thought it was only 5 multi-kills required?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Never had a problem with it, but you should just be able to start it through the in game store and it should just add to your download queue. Or you could go to your download history and start it up there.

Problem I'm having is I can't even start the download.

Press 'A' on aftermath in the premium menu. Dashboard popup appears. Circles spin. Xbox error can't retrieve information :|

So retarded. I couldn't even get the latest multiplay update from in game. Had to download that from the dashboard.

Overdoziz

Banned
Flares don't work half the time either.

Evolved1

ECM jammer works better when deployed when you're near the ground. It barely works for me up in the sky.

Maybe it's actually a bug and engaging the EMC just makes below radar work for a second or two. lol

Problem I'm having is I can't even start the download.

Press 'A' on aftermath in the premium menu. Dashboard popup appears. Circles spin. Xbox error can't retrieve information :|

So retarded. I couldn't even get the latest multiplay update from in game. Had to download that from the dashboard.

Try contacting EA support then. Might be something on their end.

Maybe it's actually a bug and engaging the EMC just makes below radar work for a second or two. lol

They aren't broken/bugged. ECM and Flares are working more to what they were originally intended to do now. ECM was never meant to distract missles. It is only suppose to break the target lock. You are suppose to use it before the person fires the missiles. Flares are suppose to distract the missile but not break the target lock. The also have made it to where you can deploy flares too early and it will not distract the missiles. You have to deploy them at the proper time. The window is still pretty big.

AlexBasch

I'm really getting used to play Conquest and see the whole enemy with tanks, jets and helicopters, whilst my team is made of Snipers and Assault guys who don't heal.

Sigh.

TheSeks

Okay, good news: I'll probably be playing BF3 after 3PM Monday-Friday depending on how long my nap takes since I'm changing shifts. Bad thing: Having to get up early. D:

tn2007

Played for the first time today in 3-4 weeks. Bit rusty.

Yeah me too. Coming back from a mouse to a controller felt so awkward. So many times I died was from my lack of pin point aiming. How some you guys have 18-24% accuracy on consoles amazes me. I had a lot of fun playing with you and Olimpia again, and I see that you are using your mic now.

Overdoziz

Banned
So is there a reason why muting people doesn't actually... you know... mute them? (On 360)

Edit: I love hardcore Rush on the Aftermath maps.

Overdoziz

Banned
FUCK TEAMMATES

We've got a few tickets left while we're defending. I'm sitting right next to the M-COM in a perfect position to kill anyone who tries to go for it. (First set on Talah Market, the one on the left side of the map) An enemy player puts up smoke and a teammate comes around the corner, panics and kill me, I wasn't even in the smoke or anything. Ugh. At that same moment an enemy player runs in, kills the guy who betrayed me and arms the M-COM. Ugh! I spawn on my spawn beacon which is a couple of seconds away from the M-COM, shoot a smoke grenade at it and lay next to it trying to disarm. A grenade comes in a kills me a splitsecond before I can disarm the M-COM. TEAMKILL. UUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Evolved1

HC can be fun sometimes... but you have to play it much differently. You cannot play balls-to-the-wall like I normally play. And it's a haven for douchey camping recons. The kinds of players who never help with the objectives.

Sometimes it's fun... but usually just frustrating, actually trying to win.

Overdoziz

Banned
HC can be fun sometimes... but you have to play it much differently. You cannot play balls-to-the-wall like I normally play. And it's a haven for douchey camping recons. The kinds of players who never help with the objectives.

Sometimes it's fun... but usually just frustrating, actually trying to win.
I love rushing around with either the AS VAL or AEK. It's heaven for silenced weapons.

TheSeks

I don't hate the idea behind it, but I hate how it neuters spotting and the objectives in Battlefield.

I mean Bad Company 1 has Friendly Fire enabled from the get-go and has spotting on hit. Why couldn't they make that hardcore mode in BC2/BF3? I would give it a whirl then. I mean the concept of FF is a neat idea, but to many people abuse it or simply don't give a shit and #YOLO *grenade* #SWAG for my taste. :/

Top Bottom