• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I love rushing around with either the AS VAL or AEK. It's heaven for silenced weapons.

I'm speaking more about playing the objective. That's a pretty fundamental part of the game a lot of other players couldn't give two shits about. As long as they never leave their little bush and keep a high k/d, who cares if someone else on their team dies a hundred frustratingly avoidable deaths trying to hold off attackers by themselves...

"Hey man I went 12-1 in that round bro... what the heck were you doing at 12-25? lol"

"Oh I don't know bro, maybe I was trying to win the game?"

Haha this is my experience with a lot of HC matches anyway. Sometimes they can be pretty fun, but usually "Why is everyone recons!?" is a common question.

Overdoziz

Banned
On defence I usually stick around the objective with either medic with smoke or recon with a motion sensor and spawn beacon set up. On offensive I pretty much exclusively stick to medic with smoke. Helps a shitload against people who camp around the objective. I don't really encounter more campers than in normal settings, though. More snipers maybe, depending on map.

I'm speaking more about playing the objective. That's a pretty fundamental part of the game a lot of other players couldn't give two shits about. As long as they never leave their little bush and keep a high k/d, who cares if someone else on their team dies a hundred frustratingly avoidable deaths trying to hold off attackers by themselves...

"Hey man I went 12-1 in that round bro... what the heck were you doing at 12-25? lol"

"Oh I don't know bro, maybe I was trying to win the game?"

Haha this is my experience with a lot of HC matches anyway. Sometimes they can be pretty fun, but usually "Why is everyone recons!?" is a common question.

That is the reason why I think stats should not be tracked. It makes people care about the parts of the game that do not matter.

Evolved1

On defence I usually stick around the objective with either medic with smoke or recon with a motion sensor and spawn beacon set up. On offensive I pretty much exclusively stick to medic with smoke. Helps a shitload against people who camp around the objective. I don't really encounter more campers than in normal settings, though. More snipers maybe, depending on map.

Smoke is probably really helpful in HC... hides you from the snipers who usually aren't near enough the objectives to do anything of consequence.

Next time I play HC I might roll smoke like I used to in bad company.

That is the reason why I think stats should not be tracked. It makes people care about the parts of the game that do not matter.

I think they should just show overall score, like they did in BC2.

Maybe show time played in the round and the score. Now... that would tell a story I'd like to read. haha

I don't hate the idea behind it, but I hate how it neuters spotting and the objectives in Battlefield.

I mean Bad Company 1 has Friendly Fire enabled from the get-go and has spotting on hit. Why couldn't they make that hardcore mode in BC2/BF3? I would give it a whirl then. I mean the concept of FF is a neat idea, but to many people abuse it or simply don't give a shit and #YOLO *grenade* #SWAG for my taste. :/

BC1 had some nice ideas.

50% damage on Friendly Fire!

Double Assault Conquest!

That's the biggest thing I miss from BC1. People are like "ZOMG I SO PRO" in this babby mode of BC2/BF3 and I'm like bitch please try no uncaps.

the next BF needs some maps with Double Assault and shifting out-of-bounds areas so you can only cap the opponent's home base when all other bases are capped. that would be SO GOOD

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
He's doing it at close range. I'd be more impressed if he got him from mid-long range with the RPG-7.

Still, hilarious and FARRRR better at hitting air vehicles with unguided missiles than I'll ever be.

Also getting banned for that: Horseshit.

I shot down two helicopters with RPGs the other night and felt like pretty hot shit. That was a cool video! I love seeing jet pilots getting owned. I honestly don't see what they add to the game. Most of the time it's just a separate game being played in the sky.

Kak.efes

I shot down two helicopters with RPGs the other night and felt like pretty hot shit. That was a cool video! I love seeing jet pilots getting owned. I honestly don't see what they add to the game. Most of the time it's just a separate game being played in the sky.

You'd hate choppers more. Jets are a necessary evil.

Taking a look at some of that guys other videos;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6DfnD7ESl8

What are the chances?

Seine Crossing feels incomplete to me because of the lack of jets.

vixlar

The best of all is the ending, hahahaha... I took banned and kicked as personal trophies.

Destroying jets with RPG is really satisfying.

I remember one day, a friend had a really bad day. So she went to my house to play BF3. She loves BF3. She took the RPG and went all the game hunting jets (fuck the objective). She only destroyed 3 jets with the RPG and a chopper with the stationary AT. But she felt better and more relaxed.

Lakitu

st5fu
The last couple of days I've been absolute dogshit. This happens periodically. It means I need to take a few weeks off. Then when I come back I'm usually a lot better. I've no idea why that is.

Omni

I think it has a lot to do with the pilot, though. A good pilot can screw over every land based vehicle in the game with rocket pods or whatever. A real game changer. The problem is that the ratio of good pilots to bad pilots who fly in circles and crash into rocks is extremely skewed (Dice probably should've put in a tutorial)

The last couple of days I've been absolute dogshit. This happens periodically. It means I need to take a few weeks off. Then when I come back I'm usually a lot better. I've no idea why that is.

I'm like that too. I usually just switch to Halo 4 or whatever for a week and once I come back I'm better than ever. I guess playing with a clear head helps a hell of a lot. I've noticed that if I play consistently all the time, I tend to get more irritated over the small things... which makes me a worse player.

burnfout

It's dog eat dog.

If you have a good jet player on your team, he will keep the other jets down, and their attack heli, which will give your attack heli a lot of benefit. And your attack heli helping your infantry out, means winning the game.

In theory ;)

TheSeks

Server is horse-shit, and lost a round with like 10 deaths ate due to continuously spawning right into death. Over and over and over. Ugh.

tn2007

This video sums up the Rambo assignment pretty well.

To those that don't know him, rivalXfactor is one of the best BF3 players around on PC.

And I thought getting it on PC, 64 man servers was much easier...

You would think it would be super easy, but it took me a good 10 hours to get. I kept getting triple kills and double kills instead of multi kills. I even did the c4 on flags for conquest domination and people would just throw grenades after one c4 flag kill. I heard TDM was the easiest way to do it. Just parachute in and drop c4 all over the middle of norshahr canals.

olimpia84

I just checked and I have 4 out of 5 multi kills for that assignment and that's without even trying. I say just play normally like you would as support with C4 equipped and it will come up eventually.

Overdoziz

Banned
It's dog eat dog.

If you have a good jet player on your team, he will keep the other jets down, and their attack heli, which will give your attack heli a lot of benefit. And your attack heli helping your infantry out, means winning the game.

In theory ;)
And if there's good pilots on both sides you keep circling around each other for 10 minutes. In hardcore this is less of a problem because you can only go in first-person view. I prefer that by far.

TheSeks

I rarely get double/triple kills now a days since no one mass spawns on the Amtrac. Rightly so.

TheSeks

Oh, yeah... 3 jet kills... in the F35. *proud*

I generally flail around in the jets trying to get someone, double-so in the F35 so I feel badass for that.

TheSeks

SOFALMs and Javelin's should've came out as soon as they stole that LAV. :|

TheSeks

Seks why in the world did you went for the C4 instead of the arm....SMFH

Better question is: Why did you follow me? I laid C4 in that area and went to arm and noticed you coming up. I was laying C4 so as soon as I armed they would come back and you could've thrown a grenade right at them.

In any case: Got kicked from "Rush" Hour's server for trying to take the tank up the hill of Wake/dicking around DESPITE US WINNING.

*removes from favorites*

Sorry, but I don't play that.

olimpia84

Better question is: Why did you follow me? I laid C4 in that area and went to arm and noticed you coming up. I was laying C4 so as soon as I armed they would come back and you could've thrown a grenade right at them.

In any case: Got kicked from "Rush" Hour's server for trying to take the tank up the hill of Wake/dicking around DESPITE US WINNING.

*removes from favorites*

Sorry, but I don't play that.

Because they had a motion sensor and once you started running they knew we were trying to arm it...should have stayed prone arm it and then go for the C4

Also, that last Op Metro....don't stray away from the MCOMs too much and place the beacons and sensors near the mcoms and not a mile away....

TheSeks

Also, that last Op Metro....don't stray away from the MCOMs too much and place the beacons and sensors near the mcoms and not a mile away....

The other dude is the one that strayed right up up to the first set-spawn tunnels for them. I'd put the beacon in the tunnel since that's generally a hotspot and put the sensor there to try to catch them. I should've put it at B, yeah.

Dude. That fucking team conceded all the fucking tunnels on metro. That's not how you win. My spawn beacon could've been better but it was fine if anyone was playing intelligently...occupying the tunnels.

TheSeks

Dude. That fucking team conceded all the fucking tunnels on metro. That's not how you win. My spawn beacon could've been better but it was fine if anyone was playing intelligently...occupying the tunnels.

Yeah, as soon as they took the tunnels it was over. I should've hung with Olimpia at B but I kept pushing back into the tunnels hoping they'd get in there so I could grenade a few.

Last set especially is my mistake on setting up at B going "well, shit, they may set up in the building" instead of just staying there like I normally do and going up there. Claymores screw with my mindset I guess.

Kak.efes

Hahaha, what happened?

He's generally unpleasant.

D:

.. and what I mean by that is, look, I understand that it's frustrating when people on your team do stupid shit, and it's cool to vent for a minute or two (like Olimpia does, only his rants are funny) but for an entire 35 minute, hard fought round? GOD JUST STFU UP ALREADY.

Also, you didn't only win three rounds, of the ten or so I joined in on, all were won, some handily, some not.

You're just a grouch, dude. Ease up. It's a game after all, and games are fun, no? Yesterday I planted my chopper on Evolved's ass and team killed him with it. I'm pretty sure if I did that to you, you'd shut off your console and go kill a cat.

JJD

Huhhhh...maybe I should have not asked.

This is awkward.

I whine a lot too, and sometimes I even start giving orders =( ...usually I notice this quickly and just turn off my mic, but feel free to scream or PM "STFU MAN!" at me anytime...

TheSeks

B-B-B-B-B-B! PLEASE HELP ME ON B! *Evolved and other dude going to C/D despite them not being contested and me dying over and over*

Well, at least someone spawned and helped me clear it out now and then, otherwise I ran out of ammo 9/10 of the time defending that flag by myself on Oman. :/

Kak.efes

Huhhhh...maybe I should have not asked.

This is awkward.

I whine a lot too, and sometimes I even start giving orders =( ...usually I notice this quickly and just turn off my mic, but feel free to scream or PM "STFU MAN!" at me anytime...

Trust me, this was going above and beyond regular complaining, (regular complaining is fine). I think yesterday he chewed me out for dying after he spawned on me a few times, as if I could control that.

TheSeks

Goddamn it, get disconnected from PSN (WTF) and lose my place. Olimpia takes my place on... Oman Rush. SMH. I wanted to play that map again.

Wake was hilarious because it was like *ahem*

Hey, Evolved:

I know this is kinda crazy (17 killstreak on first set while they're sitting there just spawning),
dodge those lock-ons, maybe?

*dead*

Second set, we mow down the anti-air (after lock-on went crazy and Evolved missed my lock-on chance. "NO! NO! WAIT! WAIT! I CAN LOCK ON AND SMITE THE--*can't 180 around, locked* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"), get taken down. Third/last set we come in from behind.

*AA/Cheesemobile spawns*

"OH HO HO, baby, show me your ass so I can smite it with a lock-on."

*reverse*
":D!"

*no-lock*

"FUUUUUUUUU" *pew pew pew!* Evolved joins in.

We circle around, bam. It's in the middle, pilot gets out to repair.

"OH NO YOU DON'T!"

Evolved or I take it out only to get locked on AGAIN because I was pissing them off and get taken out, but only after A is taken :)D! Smart team there, A is the hardest bit of that set). Spawn on the Amtrac, pure crazyness as someone gets C4 killed on arm. Evolved goes in, arms. And I take a dude out just as the crate explodes after dodging cheesemobile fire.

Then... disconnect.

D:!

Evolved1

Seks... very good gunning. Sorry I crashed on the second run.

However... you do realize that after we destroyed their entire fucking team 3x over... they all switched to stingers? I don't know if you can hear all the locks?

If they all switch to stingers, there's very little I can do. As pilot I prioritize AA car. If we can clear that out, then I try and take out their armor. After that we wreak havoc on infantry until 1) AA car comes back 2) they get salty and switch to stingers.

After you killed like 17 of them in a row, they started going after just us. I swung around the back and we got their AA, but all the damn infantry cunts were locking me. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I located the one giving me the most trouble (it is so difficulty to locate these guys) but had just popped my ECM... so we had one chance to hit him before he got the next shot off. I was unable to get him with the rockets, and I guess you were targeting something else. I turned too tight and the rest was history. :(

Still pretty nice run on the first couple sets.

edit: Seks what I meant to say was... I think you have trouble seeing things from others' perspectives sometimes.

bKak was on the team that wouldn't lay a second motion senser on Karkand, right? Team was fucking horrible Every pair we almost had em but dumbasses ran away... I was the only one at B for the last 2 of the 4 sets. I had a right to bitch...that team wasn't playing the fucking objective. If someone would have spawned recon besides me I would have shut up. Instead all 3 of you go support! BS.

TheSeks

Evolved, I'm kidding. I know we were absolutely destroying them. There was nothing we could do about that. Which made it all the more hilarious to me. We dodged like five Stingers and then you limp it. We come back and get taken out.

What's even more hilarious is we/I was taking them out in the spawn! I'd see them spawn in that small area near the cheesemobile spawn and just laid waste to that section.

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE. Y U NO FIX SPAWNS?

Top Bottom