• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

tn2007

This game is so easy now. Yeah sometimes your gonna run into a good team, but for the most part it's easy. If you play with 3 or more GAF members, you pretty much expect to win unless your playing against another clan or something. Just look at the win/loss ratios of the people that solely play with GAF members, it's freaking insane.

I usually rage when I see other teammates doing stupid ass shit instead of trying to win, or when GAF loses to a far less superior team. I can care less if I'm doing well as long as we are winning. I also get annoyed when people aren't using their mics, when I know they have mics. If you have your mic on and I know your fucking around than that's fine, but if you don't have it on, then I'm gonna be giving you orders until you PM me to shut up. By the way WINNING = FUN! Close games are also fun win or lose.

So, uh... Me and Dreamgazer?
For real? I'm talking, like, finishing the game 0-0 and only leaving the safety of the base to try and find an ammo pack when your MAV dies.
that kinda helps in hardcore

and lol @ switching server from normal to hardcore between rounds

Hmmm... I don't care what anyone says, I much prefer softcore. Having the pings only show up on the minimap means I have to stick really close, to where the enemy is essentially on top of you after their location pings. I was basically the Navi to your Link.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
For real? I'm talking, like, finishing the game 0-0 and only leaving the safety of the base to try and find an ammo pack when your MAV dies.

Yes?
Though I don't go hunt for an ammo pack since most PS3 support players won't do that. So I'll just go PTFO despite GAF being at last set so I'm basically hoofing it across the map as we win.
I do that on attack at times. Not all the time, but it's not like it's IMPOSSIBLE for me the be the one that's on the MAV the whole round.

On defense I get off the MAV when it's time to you know... DEFEND. Some of the PS3 side of GAF has issues with getting off the MAV when it's time to defend at times. :/

Yes?
Though I don't go hunt for an ammo pack since most PS3 support players won't do that. So I'll just go PTFO despite GAF being at last set so I'm basically hoofing it across the map as we win.
I do that on attack at times. Not all the time, but it's not like it's IMPOSSIBLE for me the be the one that's on the MAV the whole round.

On defense I get off the MAV when it's time to you know... DEFEND. Some of the PS3 side of GAF has issues with getting off the MAV when it's time to defend at times. :/

Attack, Defend, Conquest, hell, if I could use it on Scavenger I would.

olimpia84

Operation Metro 101. When facing a good team:

GO TO BRAVO FIRST, LET THE NOOBS CAP THE FIRST FLAG

tn2007

It also helps out a lot if you play the Assault class and revive. Med/Res train for the win!

Wow, I can't believe you guys lost to these guys.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/78313289/4/199948029/

olimpia84

It also helps out a lot if you play the Assault class and revive. Med/Res train for the win!

Lol, I can't believe you guys lost to these guys.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/78313289/4/199948029/

Me neither. Despite losing B right at the beginning we managed to exchange flags for most of the round and had a 40+ lead for most of the round. The problem is, they had beacons at A and B and our team couldn't figure out the location of their beacon at A, which I did but I didn't want to leave the B/C area since I figured our team would eventually find the beacon but they never did.....

tn2007

Me neither. Despite losing B right at the beginning we managed to exchange flags for most of the round and had a 40+ lead for most of the round. The problem is, they had beacons at A and B and our team couldn't figure out the location of their beacon at A, which I did but I didn't want to leave the B/C area since I figured our team would eventually find the beacon but they never did.....

Maybe they cheated and went to the third story of the metro buildings on A.

olimpia84

That's exactly what they did. The put the beacon on the third floor of the right-side building by the yellow dumpster. The one and only time I was at A I figured it out by the sound of the beacon but I couldn't get up there, then I got killed and noticed they were taking back C so I had to spawn in my beacon at C to keep it alive. I even told my squad by mic where the beacon was but no dice...maybe they even had two beacons or something.

TheSeks

Well, yes, but at the same time SOMEONE should be capping A/C to make sure you get bleed if you win that tug-of-war. You can be damn sure the other team is going for B as well.

Also that last round on Sharqi defense was a total sandbag. Sniper takes the helicopter, lands it on the roof. I counter with mortar (taking out their spawn beacon), they get off there (or stayed up there until we started to blow them away) I get taken out once or twice on the mortar while getting like 3-5 mortar kills. Proceed to 32-12 round while Evolved, B, and I think Bo leave. Kuri joins right at the end and the other dude was there whole round.

We would've LOST if Kuri and the other dude didn't come to defend and I didn't lay a medipack there after my attempt to disarm by myself failed. So, hoorah.

tn2007

That's exactly what they did. The put the beacon on the third floor of the right-side building by the yellow dumpster. The one and only time I was at A I figured it out by the sound of the beacon but I couldn't get up there, then I got killed and noticed they were taking back C so I had to spawn in my beacon at C to keep it alive. I even told my squad by mic where the beacon was but no dice...maybe they even had two beacons or something.

I was talking about the other third story buildings. I know you can get up to the third story on those too.

BoatAck

bKak and Seks, those were a couple of fun Rush rounds! I was so glad to win those after bKaK and I got rolled on Wake Rush. I froze on Oman and had to go to work :( Thanks Evolved for joining on the Karkand match, we needed the help!

That cWa clan sucks, they only win when the admin, Kliebold, stacks his team.

Does it seem like the TV missile flies a lot faster on console as opposed to PC? It really sucks if you don't launch with your reticule directly on the target. Also, it's kinda stupid that while maneuvering the TV missile, your main gun moves as well, so when you switch back to the main gun it's no longer in the position you left it.

TheSeks

Yeah, Karkand was slowly being lost. I kept trying to get your attention to focus on the area around A but they'd arm B and B was the only one there. So I'd try to go over there and was swarmed. D:

I dunno what you "hell yes!"'d about since I didn't see the message until I exited to XMB. :lol

I still think the PP-19 is a Piece of Shit, but the assignment for it's camouflage has turned me into an unstoppable death-god with it. I start rolling and trollin' the enemy team with it and like clockwork EVERYONE on that team starts to use it. Makes me crack up hard.

BoatAck

Yeah, Karkand was slowly being lost. I kept trying to get your attention to focus on the area around A but they'd arm B and B was the only one there. So I'd try to go over there and was swarmed. D:

I dunno what you "hell yes!"'d about since I didn't see the message until I exited to XMB. :lol

I still think the PP-19 is a Piece of Shit, but the assignment for it's camouflage has turned me into an unstoppable death-god with it. I start rolling and trollin' the enemy team with it and like clockwork EVERYONE on that team starts to use it. Makes me crack up hard.

Are you talking about the Karkand first or second set? I was pretty much around A the whole time on the second set. A second set is next to the tall sniper building right?

I "hell yeah'd" the Gulf of Oman Rush win. I didn't think we'd get it and one or two of the opposing team members were pissing me off with their antics after killing me once or twice. Also, I was happy to win against that team after the loss in the previous round.

TheSeks

Are you talking about the Karkand first or second set? I was pretty much around A the whole time on the second set. A second set is next to the tall sniper building right

Right. The first set people should've been on B since that has three unbreakable walls while A has four (which makes it harder to arm, but on the converse harder to disarm. Compared to B where all you need to do is make sure they don't reach the three walls). I got in the tank, went to A but it was too late. Get taken out and then tried to stay near A second set. I dunno how they kept arming after I shot them in the face (explosive protection perk?) but that was pissing me off.

BoatAck

Right. The first set people should've been on B since that has three unbreakable walls while A has four (which makes it harder to arm, but on the converse harder to disarm. Compared to B where all you need to do is make sure they don't reach the three walls). I got in the tank, went to A but it was too late. Get taken out and then tried to stay near A second set. I dunno how they kept arming after I shot them in the face (explosive protection perk?) but that was pissing me off.

They took out B on the first set pretty fast I think. I know I failed trying to kill a guy by the MCOM there and he ended up arming and I think destroying it.

I thought A second set was lost after I tried to disarm it and got killed and saw on the killcam like 3-4 guys positioned across the street laying down fire on the MCOM. I'm surprised someone was able to disarm it. Yeah, I saw that a couple of times where you lobbed a tank shell at A while a couple of guys where there and they still magically lived.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I never go for the st flag in op metro

JJD

Do you guys really consider that cheating? Because I'm pretty sure most of us have done that a couple times.

What's the difference between doing that and all the out of bounds antics we did on BC2?

Or jumping out of a plane or chopper on the roof of the warehouse right next to the A flag of Firestorm?

I used to fucking despise people that camped over the seemingly unreachable balcony on the A flag of Bazaar, until I learned that to get there you just need to waste a grenade, you don't even need to get out of bounds, or use MAV or mortar glitches.

I don't use that spot because I'm a run and gun guy and I'm usually going between at least 2 flags, but I think it's a legit tactic now, even if a lame one because once the tree is gone there is no way to get there except parachuting out of a spawn beacon.

Anyway, whenever I play at the russian side of Metro, against a team I know is good I spawn first as a Support and C4 the hell out of the windows on the third floor of that building. By doing this you make it impossible for anyone to reach that doorless room!

You guys should do that on harder games!

Edit:

I was talking about the other third story buildings. I know you can get up to the third story on those too.

Oh, you mean the buildings right next to the flag? I've only seem people there like 3 or 4 times since I started playing BF3!

tn2007

Do you guys really consider that cheating? Because I'm pretty sure most of us have done that a couple times.

Oh, you mean the buildings right next to the flag? I've only seem people there like 3 or 4 times since I started playing BF3!

Yeah, I should of said glitching and not cheating. I consider it a cheesie way to win and yeah the two middle buildings by the flag.

JJD

Got a couple of random messages today complimenting me on my piloting, only I hadn't piloted today (at least not as of that point). Turns out I and a few gaffers have been immortalized on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87iafAeJZqc

Wow!!! That is amazing! Congrats BK!!!

Lol, he is saying he wanted to pilot the chopper! Hahaha!

Bwa-hahaha, the guys is hilarious, he asked on 4:58 if you landed in the back to eat a sandwich!

Ghazi

This game looks a million times better with the HD Texture pack, I don't know how I played it before. I mean, the silencers aren't triangles anymore!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Got a couple of random messages today complimenting me on my piloting, only I hadn't piloted today (at least not as of that point). Turns out I and a few gaffers have been immortalized on youtube.

Lol... I remember that match. Nice piloting man. He was pretty good gunner too.

Too bad we don't have a way to record our piloting... much more fun (imo) to watch it from the pilot's perspective.

JJD

Lol... I remember that match. Nice piloting man. He was pretty good gunner too.

Too bad we don't have a way to record our piloting... much more fun (imo) to watch it from the pilot's perspective.

Hopefully Dice will implement the Battlerecorder on BF4...

They were looking into putting it on 3 but I guess current gen. consoles couldn't handle it.

Kak.efes

Bwa-hahaha, the guys is hilarious, he asked on 4:58 if you landed in the back to eat a sandwich!

Haha, that's jokes. I vaguely remember this round. Only because we didn't die until the end, when some guy had enough and got into the jet, but that is trademark me, I always hug the shit out of that corner on the last set of MCOM's.

Evolved1

I've been spec'd to use the TV missile lately, but I might switch because 1) the thing is a great OHK but you rarely get a good opportunity to use it 2) it's pretty damn handy being able to lock n' pop those annoying soflams.

I didn't realize you could do that.

JJD

Haha, that's jokes. I vaguely remember this round. Only because we didn't die until the end, when some guy had enough and got into the jet, but that is trademark me, I always hug the shit out of that corner on the last set of MCOM's.

Lol, I wonder what he would say if you guys were playing Conquest and you tried to capture a flag! Haha!

Kak.efes

Hopefully Dice will implement the Battlerecorder on BF4...

They were looking into putting it on 3 but I guess current gen. consoles couldn't handle it.

Battle recorder would have been sweet prior to all the chopper nerfs. 40+ kill rounds as a pilot are a thing of the passed now.

You guys probably know all my get out of trouble spots on Kharg now, lol.

Evolved1

My favorite thing to do in the chopper is the free fall... you're up there, way up, trying to battle the other bird. Usually the pilot with more altitude wins that fight, all other things equal. But once you take them out, you're up there exposed to jet rams and other shit.

I love free falling and freaking out my gunner. Pulling up just in time to skim over the ground. It's pretty tricky sometimes, since the chopper has momentum and weight working against you, and there's a bit of delay when you get back on the throttle.

Extra cool to do over water... for whatever reason I'm always a little more nervy pulling shit over water. I think probably cause if you mess up, you have to swim! lol

Anyway, it's fun to do.

TheSeks

Something I learned from that video is the lock-on missile can lock-on to SOFLAMs.

I think I'm going to use that knowledge to troll fellow recons if I get in a helicopter with ya'll. Just make sure to dodge those locks before that point. :p

JJD

My favorite thing to do in the chopper is the free fall... you're up there, way up, trying to battle the other bird. Usually the pilot with more altitude wins that fight, all other things equal. But once you take them out, you're up there exposed to jet rams and other shit.

I love free falling and freaking out my gunner. Pulling up just in time to skim over the ground. It's pretty tricky sometimes, since the chopper has momentum and weight working against you, and there's a bit of delay when you get back on the throttle.

Extra cool to do over water... for whatever reason I'm always a little more nervy pulling shit over water. I think probably cause if you mess up, you have to swim! lol

Anyway, it's fun to do.

Yeah, the sound the chopper does when falling quickly is pretty cool!

olimpia84

Ha, that's awesome. But the guy commenting on the video is crazy. He's basically saying that Iglas/Stingers/Soflam/Javelins should be taken off the game since the RPG is good enough to take all vehicles including choppers and planes....lol he's nuts.

The part where he likens the constant lock-on sound to psychological warfare has me cracking up, lol.

Lakitu

st5fu
I would have loved Battlerecorder lol so many instances where I could have used it for the lols.

I got a couple of blockbuster sniper kills. One happened on Wake Island CQA, a couple of angry dudes were steaming down the road on a buggy. I used my rifle and thought what the hell, I'll try and get a lucky shot. One shot and the buggy explodes and I got a double kill. It was the jammiest kill ever. The second one was Gulf of Oman CQ, it wasn't jammy this time, a high level player was leaving veteran's retreat on a buggy, only there were a couple of the enemy team's mines there. I timed it perfectly and he blew up along with the mines. Love those types of kills, including shooting some support dudes C4, only to blow him up!

We need Battlerecorder for next-gen BF4.

TheSeks

Battlerecorder is in the game already, DICE just won't let us use it since it's "very rough."

SMH. If they allowed it with Youtube uploads I'd be uploading all my games from day one. :/

Evolved1

As opposed to creating highlight reels, I'd be more interested in uploading those time I often have when just everything goes horribly wrong...

Just so I could say... "You see what I'm dealing with here!?"

haha

Overdoziz

Banned
Next-gen consoles should just have a recording system built in with an upload to youtube feature along with it. The things I would do for something like that.

TheSeks

As opposed to creating highlight reels, I'd be more interested in uploading those time I often have when just everything goes horribly wrong...

Just so I could say... "You see what I'm dealing with here!?"

haha

I'd upload the time you put the tank in the hole of the Aftermath maps. ;) ;)

Overdoziz said:
Next-gen consoles should just have a recording system built in with an upload to youtube feature along with it.

PS3 already allows it. Noby Noby Boy, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike: Online Edition uses it, and soon DOA5 will. The problem is it's apparently "resource intensive" to rip and upload to Youtube (why they don't allow you to save videos to the harddrive and then use the PS3's Youtube/video uploading app, I'll never know) to where GT5's promoted feature of it was canceled.

Evolved1

I'd upload the time you put the tank in the hole of the Aftermath maps. ;) ;)

haha that was awful.

Was just thinking... I hope BF4 does a little more of the first person body stuff you see in their SP game.

I really want some kind of lean n' peak system... or even a first person cover system might be cool, if they could do it without it being too janky or clunky.

There should be a crouchslide, at least.

Evolved1

Trying to play single player... god what a shitty game this is.

"Black, get up on the wall and man the LMG!"

Oh... you mean the LMG up there where there is no fucking cover and the entire enemy army is shooting at just me, and where I've been killed by RPGs before even firing a shot the last ten times I reloaded this section of the game? That LMG?

How about go fuck yourselves, DICE. Did you people even play this fucking part of the game? Why are all the laser-accurate cunts only firing at me!? There's an entire army behind me, but they only shoot at me. This game is such trash, ugh I don;t even know why I try to play through this shit. I've reloaded the section almost 20 fucking times, and as far as I can tell it;s complete luck/random when I'm going to eat an rpg or get shot from some place I can't see. Might be fine if I had some cover, but there is none and this asshole keeps making run out in the open to do the most retarded shit.

This is trial and error gaming. This is the worst fucking shit in gaming. It's a goddamn disease. I hope to christ DICE just skips this garbage single player bullshit in BF4. As a game, a military shooter, it is fucking awful. All style, no substance. I swear to god they did even play this shit on a difficulty above easy.

TheSeks

Oh, come on it can't be that bad. I mean Bad Company 2's wasn't that bad on hard outside of the stupid high damage rate and the South America/Chili(?) section of the jungle houses with paper cover where the enemy could kill you if you didn't duck.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm surprised I even made it through the campaign a single time, shit is awful. Tried to replay it once, but stopped,about half way through one of the first levels because of how boring it is. Control is taken away from you so goddamn often. The jet level was pathetic.

Lakitu

st5fu
lol, I got lambasted on Operation Firestorm CQ earlier by a fellow squadmate with a mic. I was playing recon and capping objectives. We were capping B inside the warehouse when a group of them stormed in on us, I managed to snipe two of them before my teammate was killed by another guy. I just managed to see who it was but that guy also killed me.

He was already talking and raging throughout the game but that blew the lid off. He started swearing at me, telling me not to play as recon on a conquest map with armored vehicles and called me useless a few times. He then rage quit. Kind of funny considering I was the MVP of my team throughout the game (until I lost connection). I did a better job than the vast amount of engineers on our team.

Top Bottom