• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks said:
JM: Are you learning to fly yet? I need mah ribbon. ;__;

Also Faceless what counts as an M-COM defense? Disarming? Shooting the enemy near the M-COMs?

Need that, the 7 airkills, and 2 nemesis kills for all the ribbons. >_>
i'm not even sure... i got that pin once i think.

DarkFlow

Banned
TheSeks said:
SMH.

Also randoms on co-op are so stupid. Silent take down the first group ALERT THE SECOND GROUP. DERP DERP.
I can't even get them to do that, they always pull out the rifle and just charge in.

TheSeks said:
From the Official Thread:
just in case...

3zsS0.png

Massa

So far I have to say I definitely like BC2 more.

+ much better 24p maps;
+ better controls;
+ no shitty unlock system;
+ better destruction;
+ no flash lights;
+ no prone;

I wonder what Battlefield game will come out 2 years from now, and on what platform I'll be playing it. I think the series is done on the PS3/360.

Massa said:
So far I have to say I definitely like BC2 more.

+ much better 24p maps;
+ better controls;
+ no shitty unlock system;
+ better destruction;
+ no flash lights;
+ no prone;

I wonder what Battlefield game will come out 2 years from now, and on what platform I'll be playing it. I think the series is done on the PS3/360.

• +Even classes and points distribution.
    +No BS conquest map compromises
    +No auto-balancing
    +No hindering "effects"

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you guys love Bad Company 2 and it's building collapse no-defense Rush mode so much, why don't you go and marry it!?

rdrr gnr

I think I just had my greatest BF3 moment so far.

We spawned as Russians on Caspian Border. I took the jeep to B. In most circumstances, I'm always the first one there. This time around, an enemy somehow beat me to it. He was waiting with his RPG out (I assume he does this on a consistent basis). I was going so fast in my jeep that when I hit a rock approaching B, it launched me into the air and over his rocket. I proceeded to jump out and LMG him. Hilarious

Xux

TheSeks said:
If you guys love Bad Company 2 and it's building collapse no-defense Rush mode so much, why don't you go and marry it!?
True story. I think this game's an improvement in almost every way over BC2.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
TheSeks said:
How does I read updated OP?

How about you just answer his fucking question instead of being a sarky asshole?

People shouldn't be expected to go back and re-read the OP every day to find some minuscule perhaps UNLISTED bit of new info.

If you had just answered his question you would have made a contribution to the thread. Instead your post is nothing more than a +1.

Mikasangelos said:
how are these obtained?

Here you go man.

http://actofvalor.com/bf3/

TheSeks

Alienshogun said:
How about you just answer his fucking question instead of being a sarky asshole?

How about you read the last five posts where Dream EVEN STATED he updated the OP? Or the last page where I posted it? HENCE SNARK.

Post #1414 from #1397.

That's 17 posts later. Not even the default page per view makes that a not even a page back. How about instead of being lazy and asking he could READ THE FUCKING PAGE and get it? Hmm?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
TheSeks said:
How about you read the last five posts where Dream EVEN STATED he updated the OP? Or the last page where I posted it? HENCE SNARK.

Oh, you mean where he said it's updated with random info? Not necessarily what Miguel is looking for?

Gotcha.

Edit: Now you're bitching that he's not reading back a page?

So you're just being an ass because you think you're clever or is it some power trip that you think you're someone important in this thread?

Either way, I don't care, you're on my ignore list. I don't have time for your petty crap.

TheSeks said:

Dear Dr. Seks,

My wife and I have been happily married for the past year. I love her very very much, and we still enjoy our good times together.

However, I'm having a big problem right now. You see...as awesome as our marriage is...the sex is just getting old. I mean, we tried everything to remedy the situation - doing it in the cold winter, doing it on a farm, doing it with heavy metal. Heck, we even tried some Vietnam style thing. They all helped a bit...but it never lasted. My yearning for variety and...something new and more just tormented me further day by day.

And now, I am finding myself in an affair with the new girl in the neighborhood. Deep down I know she isn't as good, sexy, or even physically enjoyable as my wife. However, I just can't help myself from wanting that new unexplored body of her.

I am feeling horribly guilty and ashamed about the situation.
I am not sure what I would do if my wife finds out about this whole thing.

Please help me Dr. Seks.

troubled,

-A-nony-mous

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
DarkFlow83 said:
I can't even get them to do that, they always pull out the rifle and just charge in.

Haven't even gotten to that point yet. I finished the heli mission, but the exfil choppers rammed me into the ground, lol.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Dear Dr. Seks,

My wife and I have been happily married for the past year. I love her very very much, and we still enjoy our good times together.

However, I'm having a big problem right now. You see...as awesome as our marriage is...the sex is just getting old. I mean, we tried everything to remedy the situation - doing it in the cold winter, doing it on a farm, doing it with heavy metal. Heck, we even tried some Vietnam style thing. They all helped a bit...but it never lasted. My yearning for variety and...something new and more just tormented me further day by day.

And now, I am finding myself in an affair with the new girl in the neighborhood. Deep down I know she isn't as good, sexy, or even physically enjoyable as my wife. However, I just can't help myself from wanting that new unexplored body of her.

I am feeling horribly guilty and ashamed about the situation.
I am not sure what I would do if my wife finds out about this whole thing.

Please help me Dr. Seks.

troubled,

-A-nony-mous

:lol

Honestly tell me this: Did you enjoy those rush games where the enemy spams rockets into buildings to take a crate in five minutes? Did you enjoy having to hide in collapsed buildings for most of the match because a helicopter took them down and peppering the area? Because after a while, they got old. Nerfing the destruction is a bit disappointing, but it's needed. Until DICE figures out a way to make Rush not a "collapse everything and then have the defense lose" mode, the defense needed a buff.

Xux

If you guys weren't talking about that stealth trophy I'd say it's impossible to do it by stealth and that it was scripted to always trigger the alarm no matter what. And this is after trying to go stealthily a few times.

I'll be loading up on Dr.Pepper for the promo codes.
Really want the 6 wolf moon dog tag to make me one cool guy and land a smoking hot day.
What? you don't get what I'm talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPB45AUmchM

Let me know if anyone want the codes also (will probably ask for some sort of $ compensation if too much.)

TheSeks

Xux said:
If you guys weren't talking about that stealth trophy I'd say it's impossible to do it by stealth and that it was scripted to always trigger the alarm no matter what. And this is after trying to go stealthily a few times.

Which mission 3?

Really want the 6 wolf moon dog tag to make me one cool guy and land a smoking hot day.

I had a few left over code/caps and got them all. *smug*

I still gotta get the dogtags + skin for the PC version though.

I really need a job, damn me bombing the exam this time. Fuck. >_>

TheSeks said:
:lol

Honestly tell me this: Did you enjoy those rush games where the enemy spams rockets into buildings to take a crate in five minutes?

Yes, cause that actually 1) posed a challenge 2) made tanks more important of an asset for taking out objectives. Also it wasn't as if Dice made every m-com in a building.

Did you enjoy having to hide in collapsed buildings for most of the match because a helicopter took them down and peppering the area? Because after a while, they got old. Nerfing the destruction is a bit disappointing, but it's needed. Until DICE figures out a way to make Rush not a "collapse everything and then have the defense lose" mode, the defense needed a buff.

Doesn't really apply to me, cause I prefer not to hide in collapsed buildings.

I want full destruction back so that choke points/terrain strategies can be artificially made/destroyed. Such as destroying the bridge on Oasis set 1, tearing down trees in Nelson Bay bay 2, exposing enemy covers on cold war, etc.

It bothers me that I have to go through a bunch of corridors/doors in say Grand Bazaar, when it use to be I can just blow a hole through the wall. Why do I have to be limited to the confines of just 2 open entrances on damanvead peak attack? That or why I can't I just blast trees down or burn bushes up on metro, etc.

Jas

Well that sucked, joined Olimpia's game and there was some GAF vs GAF action going on and I got disconnected twice, the 2nd time being when it was 54-51 us so the game could of went either way.

On another note I think I'm going to be playing Conquest alot more, I really don't like these maps for Rush :(

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Yes, cause that actually 1) posed a challenge 2) made tanks more important of an asset for taking out objectives. Also it wasn't as if Dice made every m-com in a building.

White Pass Rush before the nerf says "sup" and "Everyone PS3 including you and not including the Seks bitched about this endlessly and I had crates in buildings that could collapse in minutes. LOLOLOLOL"

Nostalgia is a bitch, but we both know crates in buildings was the WORST design decision ever. Don't try to rose-tint goggles it because your missing total destruction. I miss total destruction as well, but something had to give and if it means protecting the crates and making it more important for the attackers to get in close instead of rocket/tank spamming then I'm all for the nerf.

t bothers me that I have to go through a bunch of corridors/doors in say Grand Bazaar, when it use to be I can just blow a hole through the wall. Why do I have to be limited to the confines of just 2 open entrances on damanvead peak attack? That or why I can't I just blast trees down or burn bushes up on metro, etc.

And what, give the attackers not a chance to attack?

Don't get me wrong, I had fun trolling and removing trees. But let's get real: It broke the game. Rocket spamming buildings to make them collapse broke the game for defense. Something had to give. You can still collapse buildings. DICE just made it certain types. Similar to what it was in BC2 but less so.

TheSeks said:
White Pass Rush before the nerf says "sup" and "Everyone PS3 including you and not including the Seks bitched about this endlessly and I had crates in buildings that could collapse in minutes. LOLOLOLOL"

And that got patched. Not sure what your problem about that is.
This is not a nostalgia complex thing. Now days people just don't stay near m-coms anymore. When we steamroll it's almost too easy.

And what, give the attackers not a chance to attack?

Don't get me wrong, I had fun trolling and removing trees. But let's get real: It broke the game. Rocket spamming buildings to make them collapse broke the game for defense. Something had to give. You can still collapse buildings. DICE just made it certain types. Similar to what it was in BC2 but less so.

Again, I don't really see how it broke the game for defense when not all m-coms were housed in collapsible buildings. Also, we both know that's not what I'm arguing about.

I don't need buildings to be collapsible, I just want the ability to alter the terrains to my advantage. Like I said about damavand peak - I don't get why I can't just blow a hole through the concrete walls when attacking or for defense to blow the walls around a m-com so I can see people approaching.

olimpia84

Jas said:
Well that sucked, joined Olimpia's game and there was some GAF vs GAF action going on and I got disconnected twice, the 2nd time being when it was 54-51 us so the game could of went either way.

On another note I think I'm going to be playing Conquest alot more, I really don't like these maps for Rush :(

Good thing you didn't end up connecting again. For some reason part of the team kept quitting, the other part didn't know that Conquest is about capture and control of the flags and some others think it's a great idea to take the jet for a ride when you're down on tickets. The only one helping me out was renderman but since he's fairly new to the game he's still getting used to the maps and mechanics. CatP was on for a while but don't know what happened to him. Boaattack: please, when we're down on tickets don't fly the goddamn jet because it's not helping the cause.

*sigh* I gave it all, got MVP ribbons in all them rounds for nothing...so frustrating. To top it all , some other good non-gaffers that I know (CSEVEN and Wolfen) joined...but on the other team! And Bruiserk kept doing a good job defending flags with vehicles so I couldn't do anything. Great!

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
And that got patched. Not sure what your problem about that is.
This is not a nostalgia complex thing.

This is a nostalgia complex thing, because again: Look at White Pass. They could put the crates in buildings. Attackers get the win in minutes. Don't put them in buildings, defense purposely speed collapses buildings. Defense gets the win in a matter of minutes. Again: You're not looking at the big picture here.

Again, I don't really see how it broke the game for defense when not all m-coms were housed in collapsible buildings. Also, we both know that's not what I'm arguing about.

I don't need buildings to be collapsible, I just want the ability to alter the terrains to my advantage. Like I said about damavand peak - I don't get why I can't just blow a hole through the concrete walls when attacking or for defense to blow the walls around a m-com so I can see people approaching.

Because, again: It breaks the balance. Opening up that hole means the defense has an advantage to the see the attackers coming from a mile away. You know what the current answer to your problem is? Go up the staircase to the radio tower and snipe. BAM! You can still spot enemies from a mile away while giving the attackers a chance to go prone, lose the line of sight and sneak in.

You're sitting here and going on about "how that's not what you're arguing about." But it is. THINK. How would you fix the sandbox to where total destruction doesn't give one side an either/or win?

Think back to Nelson Bay Rush. Think about how I and Calion trolled the enemy on second set because they would collapse the first set and therefore seal a win. How is it fun to march across a desert of snow to your death?. It isn't.

rdrr gnr

olimpia84 said:
Good thing you didn't end up connecting again. For some reason part of the team kept quitting, the other part didn't know that Conquest is about capture and control of the flags and some others think it's a great idea to take the jet for a ride when you're down on tickets. The only one helping me out was renderman but since he's fairly new to the game he's still getting used to the maps and mechanics. CatP was on for a while but don't know what happened to him. Boaattack: please, when we're down on tickets don't fly the goddamn jet because it's not helping the cause.

*sigh* I gave it all, got MVP ribbons in all them rounds for nothing...so frustrating. To top it all , some other good non-gaffers that I know (CSEVEN and Wolfen) joined...but on the other team! And Bruiserk kept doing a good job defending flags with vehicles so I couldn't do anything. Great!
WOAH WOAH WOAH. I was doing that as well!

Ketch

MuseManMike said:
WOAH WOAH WOAH. I was doing that as well!

I was fighting boatack in my own jet... so at least it was a mutual handicap. tentative =)

Just thought I would let everyone know that I got a rage induced PSN message from some scrub we stomped on the early siene crossing conquest match. Something about how GAF must stand for *expletives deleted* because that's what we all are.... made me LOL.

Anyway, seems like everyone is playing support now instead of engineer... guess it's time for me to main some other class. Not sure if I want to go medic since it seems like no one is ever reviving anyone, or Recon since there seems to be an outcry for more better recons on this here forum. I've pretty much unlocked everything for support anyway, got the support service star... got the LMG dog tags I wanted... a little sad now that I'm preparing to turn my back on all that... kinda liked knowing that everytime I mowed someone down with my LMG they knew that they just added to my total. Oh well, I'm sure assault will be fun, grenade launcher here I come.

Anyone recommend a good all class jack of all trades weapon to go with? The all class weapons keep the upgrades across every class right?... I mean if I level up the UMP on assault and then play recon I can still keep all my attachments rights? Isn't that the purpose of all class weapons?

MuseManMike said:
The shotguns are pretty good now, so you could do that.

Shotguns aren't well rounded enough... want to be effective from range aswell... but I do like the idea of blasting fools in the face with hot creamy led.

rdrr gnr

EasyTGT said:
Just thought I would let everyone know that I got a rage induced PSN message from some scrub we stomped on the early siene crossing conquest match. Something about how GAF must stand for *expletives deleted* because that's what we all are.... made me LOL.

Anyway, seems like everyone is playing support now instead of engineer... guess it's time for me to main some other class. Not sure if I want to go medic since it seems like no one is ever reviving anyone, or Recon since there seems to be an outcry for more better recons on this here forum. I've pretty much unlocked everything for support anyway, got the support service star... got the LMG dog tags I wanted... a little sad now that I'm preparing to turn my back on all that... kinda liked knowing that everytime I mowed someone down with my LMG they knew that they just added to my total. Oh well, I'm sure assault will be fun, grenade launcher here I come.

Anyone recommend a good all class jack of all trades weapon to go with? The all class weapons keep the upgrades across every class right?... I mean if I level up the UMP on assault and then play recon I can still keep all my attachments rights? Isn't that the purpose of all class weapons?
We were owning all day. And yes all class weapons do carry over. The shotguns are pretty good now, so you could do that.

Tawpgun

When is the stinger nerf coming?

That thing has an absurd range and lock on capability. I couldn't go near anything on Kharg Island because of the stinger.

JJD

Dreamgazer said:
I'll be loading up on Dr.Pepper for the promo codes.
What? you don't get what I'm talking about? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPB45AUmchM

Let me know if anyone want the codes also (will probably ask for some sort of $ compensation if too much.)

Hey, if you can I would love those!

Also thanks Seks for that act of valor link.

TheSeks said:

Yet, the other side could easily use the same tactics.
Every tactic in the book can be copied, reproduced by the opponents when attack/defense switches.
Yet, it wasn't as if every other game we played was some hardcore stalemate.

Also, even in the past when we "trolled" Nelson Bay set 2, there are still occasions where teams managed to sneak by. It is those moments that I think adds the surprise

Take Crossing Set 1 B m-com. You and I pretty much have the perfect strategy for that set figured out by now. T-ugs up, beacon in the garage, supports guarding the 3 doors, walla. Given the closed space and limited entrance - I don't see how that doesn't just give a guarantee win for defense.

easyTGT said:

Play whatever class you think is most needed for the map. If you want to keep it simple, something like recons on defense and assaults on attacks is good. (unless the team is having a hard time, then you can consider changing to recon for beacons.)

JJD said:
Hey, if you can I would love those!

Also thanks Seks for that act of valor link.

How many codes do you think you need?

Tawpgun

WHY IS THERE NO BATTLERECORDER.

I SHOT DOWN A HELICOPTER, AND IT FELL INTO THE PATH OF AN ENEMY JET.

SHIT WAS STRAIGHT OUT OF DIE HARD.

JJD

A27 Tawpgun said:

Lol, awesome! Did you get the points for the jet kill?

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Yet, the other side could easily use the same tactics.
Every tactic in the book can be copied, reproduced by the opponents when attack/defense switches.
Yet, it wasn't as if every other game we played was some hardcore stalemate.

Except it was toward the end. Take Port Valadez. I "garden" the trees. The attackers have no chance. Unless they take the tanks. OH WAIT OUR TEAM HAS ANTI-TANK MINES AND ROCKETS AND AMMO TO SPAM THOSE AT THEM. SHUT DOWN.

Also, even in the past when we "trolled" Nelson Bay set 2, there are still occasions where teams managed to sneak by. It is those moments that I think adds the surprise

...Those surprises are "rare," dude. Again: The game becomes formulaic. "Seks is going to blow the trees up and shut the enemy down in five minutes. Okay, we're going to give him ammo boxes to speed up his C4 recharge rate. Okay, you guys go with AT mines to lay down quickly. Anyone that gets through will be dealt with by Dream."

EVERY. ROUND. It turned into that because that was the most efficient way to shut down a team. It doesn't make the game harder. On contrary, it makes the game boring.

Take Crossing Set 1 B m-com. You and I pretty much have the perfect strategy for that set figured out by now. T-ugs up, beacon in the garage, supports guarding the 3 doors, walla. Given the closed space and limited entrance - I don't see how that doesn't just give a guarantee win for defense.

By throwing rockets/grenades/tank shells into the area? They could've done that. They could've also gone around with a long flanking route and took me out before you clicked and got what I was attempting to do.

And you didn't answer my question: With total destruction in place, how would you balance the sand-box to where it isn't "either/or" for one side if they abuse a tactic? Answer this for me, please. I want to know what your answer to it is because DICE had to think about that going forward from Frostbite 1.5/BC2 to Frostebite 2/BF3. And they chose to "nerf" the damage for the sake of giving BOTH teams an even chance.

BoatAck

olimpia84 said:

Sorry about that. I heard you yelling on Caspian Border and bailed to cap flags and on Kharg Island I took out a chopper and was using the jet as transport to D flag a few times. Sorry again. I'm still getting my legs in this game. I didn't play much BC2, mostly 1943.

Tawpgun

JJD said:
Lol, awesome! Did you get the points for the jet kill?
Could have sworn I did.

Also, does the frogfoot have weaker guns than the A-10? I was UNLOADING on the A-10 just now and could not down the fuck. I felt like I dished out an entire burst and he was barely scathed.

And rocketpods are so worthless lmao. Almost as much as the main gun. Fuck the Jets are so underpowered in this game.

Ketch

A27 Tawpgun said:

This is why I will keep playing despite the issues this game has... just chasing that battlefield dragon.

Earlier today on Caspian border: Me in one jet, someone else in our other jet - both being chased by enemy jets - we fly towards each other, break away and the enemy jets crash into each other and blow up. Too awesome.

TheSeks said:
Except it was toward the end. Take Port Valadez. I "garden" the trees. The attackers have no chance. Unless they take the tanks. OH WAIT OUR TEAM HAS ANTI-TANK MINES AND ROCKETS AND AMMO TO SPAM THOSE AT THEM. SHUT DOWN.

That's what GAFFers do anyway. I don't see how this is different from the discussion about damavand peak defense. Only two entrances, and you can put a beacon in a tower/snipe+ mav the attackers to ultimate win.

...Those surprises are "rare," dude. Again: The game becomes formulaic. "Seks is going to blow the trees up and shut the enemy down in five minutes. Okay, we're going to give him ammo boxes to speed up his C4 recharge rate. Okay, you guys go with AT mines to lay down quickly. Anyone that gets through will be dealt with by Dream."

EVERY. ROUND. It turned into that because that was the most efficient way to shut down a team. It doesn't make the game harder. On contrary, it makes the game boring.
Again I don't see how that will change in BF3 (if anything it hasn't). What you think there isn't a systematic approach to how we generally steamroll right now? We're already discussing most efficient ways of shutting people down on crossings, etc.

By throwing rockets/grenades/tank shells into the area? They could've done that. They could've also gone around with a long flanking route and took me out before you clicked and got what I was attempting to do.
Mind you that I placed the t-ugs and beacon up then. You just asked for ammo >.>
The three entrances there - 2 requires someone to climb up a short flight of stairs/risk claymores, 1 can be covered diagonally where rockets don't matter.

And you didn't answer my question: With total destruction in place, how would you balance the sand-box to where it isn't "either/or" for one side if they abuse a tactic? Answer this for me, please. I want to know what your answer to it is because DICE had to think about that going forward from Frostbite 1.5/BC2 to Frostebite 2/BF3. And they chose to "nerf" the damage for the sake of giving BOTH teams an even chance.

See previous post.

1) It's not our job to balance the maps. When white pass destruction was broken, Dice moved it to have it fixed. (like how DICE should do something about the Russian base being too close on norshar conquest or how metro conquest is a one way "who gets it first" street).

2) Sandbox tactics did not guarantee a definite win. Otherwise we wouldn't have any challenging games in bc2 at all. Also I already said no one had to put m-coms in destructible buildings. Caspin, crossing, metro, highway, noshar, etc etc(if not all rush maps) has a bunch of m-coms nowhere near destructible environments. Nerfing the damage of destruction has no relation whatever to those m-coms being taken or not. I honestly can't think of a broken sandbox tactic that hasn't been fixed based on 0 m-com damage and having m-coms largely placed outsides.

Still got nothing to do with my feelings about being unable to blast a hole through a thin wall.

Anyway, I'll load up on codes and give some away this weekend.

While we're at it -

CONTEST:
2 free codes to anyone who can tell me what to do with a bunch of Dr.Peppers that I don't want to drink nor waste.

(ex: feed it to the neighbor's cat.)

>.>

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
Still got nothing to do with my feelings about being unable to blast a hole through a thin wall.

*sigh* Except it does. "Blowing a hole through a thin wall" is part of the sandbox. Destruction is part of the sandbox. How are you not getting this?

That's what GAFFers do anyway. I don't see how this is different from the discussion about damavand peak defense. Only two entrances, and you can put a beacon in a tower/snipe+ mav the attackers to ultimate win.

Unless they snipe back from the base and take out the MAV. Instead of leveling the cover and giving them no chance to advance, they have the ability to advance after taking out the MAV and suppressing/harassing the sniper to move.

In theory the nerf does balance the game to where it isn't "destroy all the buildings and cover and you win. YAY!" like BC2. I'm all for making the Rush less an either/or experience and DICE thought about this and nerfed the damage for balance reasons. This ties into your want to blow a hole in the wall near the crates. All of a sudden the attackers have a disadvantage in the sandbox because the defense can now see through that wall and see people coming from that hole + other vantage points.

The three entrances there - 2 requires someone to climb up a short flight of stairs/risk claymores, 1 can be covered diagonally where rockets don't matter.

Rocket = Destroy claymores in explosive splash damage. Walk slow->Claymore doesn't blow up. You light up like a Christmas tree but throwing a grenade rocket doesn't explode the claymore either. There is two counters right there.

1) It's not our job to balance the maps. When white pass destruction was broken, Dice moved it to have it fixed. (like how DICE should do something about the Russian base being too close on norshar conquest or how metro conquest is a one way "who gets it first" street).

YOU ARE DODGING THE QUESTION! I'm asking you, since in this question it is YOUR job to balance the sandbox. HOW WOULD YOU BALANCE THE SANDBOX. If you don't give an answer to this this time you prove my point you have no answer to it and DICE is in the right to nerf the damage to make it less an either/or rounds for attack/defense.

Oh, and that "nerf" to White Pass in all actually swung the balance from attack to defense. Instead of collapsing buildings in two minutes, the defense sets up building collapses, removes cover and wins the game at the second or third set because the attackers can't even get close to arm and/or damage the crates. White Pass is still broken in that sense.

2) Sandbox tactics did not guarantee a definite win. Otherwise we wouldn't have any challenging games in bc2 at all. Also I already said no one had to put m-coms in destructible buildings. Caspin, crossing, metro, highway, noshar, etc etc(if not all rush maps) has a bunch of m-coms nowhere near destructible environments. Nerfing the damage of destruction has no relation whatever to those m-coms being taken or not. I honestly can't think of a broken sandbox tactic that hasn't been fixed based on 0 m-com damage and having m-coms largely placed outsides.

Because they made the cover indestructable! What do you think would happen if the attackers/defense blew that cover up around the crates? Exactly what I'm getting at. A total shutdown. The attackers couldn't get close and flush the enemy out. The defense has an advantage in shutting the attackers down by having line of sight.

Again: Answer the question. How would you balance the sandbox for total leveling to be in the game to where it doesn't absolutely shutdown games to an advantage on either/or's side. If you don't answer you're proving me right. And don't dodge the question with examples of "rare" surprises because that's just it: Rare.

Top Bottom