• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Jets in CQ are fine, it is still possible to kill armour in one pass if you combine the rockets pods and main gun.

If they buffed up the cannon to match the rush jets, it would definitely be overpowered.

I'm not saying match the rush jet cannon, just a very small buff. Something to make it more useful in conquest so that jets aren't just having their own battle in the sky all game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KilVc0_dXuM

It is from June, but I don't recall reading anything in recent patch notes or experienced online that would indicate it has changed. I'll try and get someone to test with me tomorrow.

I have seen things fixed that were not in the patch notes before so this may have been fixed.

JJD

Jets in CQ are fine, it is still possible to kill armour in one pass if you combine the rockets pods and main gun.

If they buffed up the cannon to match the rush jets, it would definitely be overpowered.

Considering your avatar I think I'll agree with you! ;-)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The premium content drop for February consists of three dog tags.

dat premium value.

To be fair, you're saving on the map packs, screw the other useless shit. You get weapons and maps, that's the value.

You'd of paid $15 a pop (I think) for the maps versus the $50 upfront with like $30 in savings for all of them?

waypoetic

Banned
Calling someone names and yelling at the top of your lungs - just because i'm not taking "orders" from you while you're being an asshole... I'm done with playing with some of you guys.

Olympia84, you really need to take a fucking break and think before you shout shit like that. What if the guy you are calling names is having a really tough time in his life right now, just wants to zone out and play videogames - but he's gotta deal with you and your rude fucking personality.

Thanks man.

Kak.efes

Calling someone names and yelling at the top of your lungs - just because i'm not taking "orders" from you while you're being an asshole... I'm done with playing with some of you guys.

Olympia84, you really need to take a fucking break and think before you shout shit like that. What if the guy you are calling names is having a really tough time in his life right now, just wants to zone out and play videogames - but he's gotta deal with you and your rude fucking personality.

Thanks man.

You shouldn't feel bad when you're the object of someones profanity laced tirade in a video game. I've had some people in the GAF crew chew me out before, and all I could do was laugh (because really, is there anything more hilarious than a twenty something losing their shit in a game?). If you'd like, you can add me, I'm a pretty chill player. We'll go roadkill hunting in the viper.

Lakitu

st5fu

Thanks man.

Best just to ignore them (or mute them). I was verbally assaulted by some dude on Operation Firestorm (not a gafer) because I was playing as a recon and for some reason he kept on blaming me. All I could do was laugh.

olimpia84

Thanks man.

You failed to mention how many times we asked you to do things without yelling 'at the top of our lungs' and you know I'm right.

"Hey waypoetic don't shoot their LAV, I'll get out and repair it so we can steal it" ...bam, you shoot down the LAV.
"Hey waypoetic we need you to play Assault we need to get more revives"...you spawn as a recon.
"Hey waypoetic we need you to cover the back stairs" you turn around and go somewhere else.
"Hey waypoetic, we need you to stay at the top of the stairs so we can revive you when you die" you go downstairs where the entire enemy team is and get slaughtered.

My patience can only reach a certain limit before I go haywire, especially after we work out BUTTS off to lose a Metro game by less than 15 tickets. We don't order things 'just because' but because we are trying to lead the team to victory. When shit gets rough there's always going to be yelling. If there's one thing that GAF doesn't like is losing a game that can easily be won. If I somehow offended you I apologize but I'll be completely honest and tell you straight up that I won't probably change how I behave so you better stay away from my games if you find me offensive. Sorry man, but I hate losing more than anything.

waypoetic

Banned
You failed to mention how many times we asked you to do things without yelling 'at the top of our lungs' and you know I'm right.

"Hey waypoetic don't shoot their LAV, I'll get out and repair it so we can steal it" ...bam, you shoot down the LAV.
"Hey waypoetic we need you to play Assault we need to get more revives"...you spawn as a recon.
"Hey waypoetic we need you to cover the back stairs" you turn around and go somewhere else.
"Hey waypoetic, we need you to stay at the top of the stairs so we can revive you when you die" you go downstairs where the entire enemy team is and get slaughtered.

My patience can only reach a certain limit before I go haywire, especially after we work out BUTTS off to lose a Metro game by less than 15 tickets. We don't order things 'just because' but because we are trying to lead the team to victory. When shit gets rough there's always going to be yelling. If there's one thing that GAF doesn't like is losing a game that can easily be won. If I somehow offended you I apologize but I'll be completely honest and tell you straight up that I won't probably change how I behave so you better stay away from my games if you find me offensive. Sorry man, but I hate losing more than anything.

First off, i'm playing a game out of my enjoyment - not yours and not by your rules.

I couldn't hear half of the things you guys were saying because i didn't have my headset on because, as i know from before, you're always shouting and being a dick.

I did stop shooting the enemy LAV on Grand Bazaar, but i did so because the driver bailed and we had teammates around to repair it and have it be ours instead. Then it exploded unfortunality. And then i hear you freaking out and calling me an idiot.

If i'm joining a game that someone else on GAF is in (that's on my friendslist), and you're in that squad, i'm not gonna quit out of that game. I am however leaving that squad.

Thanks man.

if olimpia is shouting you know you fucked up right?

First off, i'm playing a game out of my enjoyment - not yours and not by your rules.

I couldn't hear half of the things you guys were saying because i didn't have my headset on because, as i know from before, you're always shouting and being a dick.

I did stop shooting the enemy LAV on Grand Bazaar, but i did so because the driver bailed and we had teammates around to repair it and have it be ours instead. Then it exploded unfortunality. And then i hear you freaking out and calling me an idiot.

If i'm joining a game that someone else on GAF is in (that's on my friendslist), and you're in that squad, i'm not gonna quit out of that game. I am however leaving that squad.

so you'll stick around for the wins? i was gonna say "cya!"

Whoa.

On Xbox there's that awkward moment where you chew someone out thinking it's a random and it turns out to be someone in the party. Whoops!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If you play with gaf, you need to produce points. I'm sorry, but you need to produce. This is a requirement. It's not fair to teammates who are top three every game, and putting in extrordinary effort to win, to not produce points. Low points is an indication of poor ability or lack of effort. It's not difficult to produce, not remotely, and it's expected. No one on gaf is going to get all worked up if another gaffer is in the basement during a steamroll round, but when shit actually matters, we need to produce.

Sometimes we just get beat, fine. Sometimes we give them away... well, “we” don't give them away....because we ALWAYS produce.One thousand or two thousand points in a 20min conquest round.... no. No way.

If you play with gaf, you need to produce points. I'm sorry, but you need to produce. This is a requirement. It's not fair to teammates who are top three every game, and putting in extrordinary effort to win, to not produce points. Low points is an indication of poor ability or lack of effort. It's not difficult to produce, not remotely, and it's expected. No one on gaf is going to get all worked up if another gaffer is in the basement during a steamroll round, but when shit actually matters, we need to produce.

Sometimes we just get beat, fine. Sometimes we give them away... well, “we” don't give them away....because we ALWAYS produce.One thousand or two thousand points in a 20min conquest round.... no. No way.

lol, I need a Playstation. I need to experience this firsthand.

TheSeks

I'm a little drunk atm, but thought that post was pretty straightforward... trying to make a point without making it personal.

No, I mean were you in that round. He may not have been at the bottom of the board. But that doesn't really matter...

Shit happens, you know? For instance, I C4 trapped a crate in Rush and lost us a round before thinking rushing in and having Olimpia throw a grenade at them as they were disarming would work (only for Olimpia to rush behind me because there was a motion beacon there) before. Completely my fault, but I didn't know as I was focusing on the LAV they stole from us on Seine that round. Sometimes shit happens, sometimes you don't know if the person on your team shot a rocket at the LAV you were repairing or if it was just badly damaged/"bleeding" to 0% to explode.

Evolved1

lol... maybe i will regret phone posting in the morning.... all i'm saying is if you play a conwuest riund for 20-30 mins and can only muster a couple thousand points, and your teammates have like five times as many points as you, what the hell are hell doing?

TheSeks

So, you were in that round Olimpia and Waypoetic were in, just so we're (drunkenly) clear?

And way: dude, I completely understand the depression shit. Sometimes I get so depressed I don't want to be at work and I'm there dragging my feet but still doing work. Olimpia is a little... high-strung on winning. Don't blame him for snapping. Maybe it's better in those cases to just play lone-wolf or play a single-player title, you know?

If it is a close game and your team needs your help, then you need to put in the effort. If your team is able to clearly win the game without your help, then I do not see any problem with doing your own thing. Nothing is more aggravating than losing a game and half your team is sitting back sniping not helping the team.

TheSeks

Well, according to Olimpia in here: They lost by 15 tickets. Close, but I doubt (depending on kill speed and ticket bleed, obviously) Way even if he changed to assault/medic reviving like a freight train, would've stopped the bleed/kills fast enough to a level where they could've turned that 15 ticket loss around.

Like I said: shit happens. Sometimes you don't notice or sometimes it's out of your control.

Evolved1

So, you were in that round Olimpia and Waypoetic were in, just so we're (drunkenly) clear?

And way: dude, I completely understand the depression shit. Sometimes I get so depressed I don't want to be at work and I'm there dragging my feet but still doing work. Olimpia is a little... high-strung on winning. Don't blame him for snapping. Maybe it's better in those cases to just play lone-wolf or play a single-player title, you know?

yeah it was olimpia, tn, way, and I...

look i'm not attacking anyone, im just saying... pull your weight when it's needed.

off topic.. these touch keypad things, how tbe shit does anyone use these... took like ten mins to type this lol

If you are looking for more casual/relaxed play, multiplayer is generally not the best for it. If it is just what you want to play at the moment and someone is screaming at you, make some good use out of the mute button and let them rage. When you join a game, people are going to expect that you are there to play and win. If there is something else going on, let everyone know before.

Wow

It is just a game. Taking out your frustrations on others is childish no matter the reasoning. There are those who simply enjoy playing whether they win or lose. Just let them be.

olimpia84

I'm not trying to set any rules. The enjoyment we get from this game is by achieving success through teamwork. The enjoyment is even greater when you beat tough opposing teams in a close game but at the same time frustration is even greater when you lose a close game like the one today.

For example, during that Bazaar game there were plenty of times when thn would go "Olimpia I'm right next to the enemy LAV, spawn as support to C4 it". Originally I never had any intentions to spawn as support but I can easily understand why he wants me to do that. It's not a "rule" he's making up, but rather a very constructive advice that will benefit the team greatly (if well executed obviously). So what do I do? I spawn as support (even if I don't feel like playing that role at that moment) and blow the living crap out the enemy LAV. That right there is how you win close games.

If it is a close game and your team needs your help, then you need to put in the effort. If your team is able to clearly win the game without your help, then I do not see any problem with doing your own thing. Nothing is more aggravating than losing a game and half your team is sitting back sniping not helping the team.

This post nails it. If we're winning by a crapload of tickets then feel free to do whatever the hell you want. If it's a close game please contribute in any way you can and follow the advice of your squad mates.

hahahaha oh wow, is such a thing even possible?

Well, according to Olimpia in here: They lost by 15 tickets. Close, but I doubt (depending on kill speed and ticket bleed, obviously) Way even if he changed to assault/medic reviving like a freight train, would've stopped the bleed/kills fast enough to a level where they could've turned that 15 ticket loss around.

Like I said: shit happens. Sometimes you don't notice or sometimes it's out of your control.

depends on when that was said... remember, a good revive can mean your squad wins the next encounter, changing the timeline of everything. don't think of it as 15 solid revives, think of it as a few revives and a few battles that went the other way...

I'm not trying to set any rules. The enjoyment we get from this game is by achieving success through teamwork. The enjoyment is even greater when you beat tough opposing teams in a close game but at the same time frustration is even greater when you lose a close game like the one today.

For example, during that Bazaar game there were plenty of times when thn would go "Olimpia I'm right next to the enemy LAV, spawn as support to C4 it". Originally I never had any intentions to spawn as support but I can easily understand why he wants me to do that. It's not a "rule" he's making up, but rather a very constructive advice that will benefit the team greatly (if well executed obviously). So what do I do? I spawn as support (even if I don't feel like playing that role at that moment) and blow the living crap out the enemy LAV. That right there is how you win close games.
yeah, i know there have been countless times where i spawned as a support to take out armor or switched to stinger/igla because a chopper is being annoying or spawned recon to plant a beacon because some of the enemies are being just a bit too sneaky, and i know quite a few other GAFfers who will do the same! why? for the win.

Wow

It is just a game. Taking out your frustrations on others is childish no matter the reasoning. There are those who simply enjoy playing whether they win or lose. Just let them be.
but this guy, he says he's done playing with GAF, then backtracks and says he'll just leave olimpia's squad? sounds like "whether they win or lose" doesn't apply.

olimpia84

depends on when that was said... remember, a good revive can mean your squad wins the next encounter, changing the timeline of everything. don't think of it as 15 solid revives, think of it as a few revives and a few battles that went the other way...

This right here. Sometimes a single revive can make a difference and prevent a flag from being taken (or vice versa, can help get a flag). Sometimes the whole dynamic of a game can change because of little details like that...which is why I love this game.

but this guy, he says he's done playing with GAF, then backtracks and says he'll just leave olimpia's squad? sounds like "whether they win or lose" doesn't apply.

I don't see where he's backtracking. He stated he was done playing with some of GAF, not all. Why does he have to drop everyone he enjoys playing with just to avoid certain members? He doesn't. By leaving a squad olimpia is in he is taking himself out of an issue that is likely to develop.

I don't see where he's backtracking. He stated he was done playing with some of GAF, not all. Why does he have to drop everyone he enjoys playing with just to avoid certain members? He doesn't. By leaving a squad olimpia is in he is taking himself out of an issue that is likely to develop.

i assume that also means he won't be using TEAM CHAT, killing teamwork and communication!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

when me and olimpia... we played a conquest canales game.... A level 50 colonel had a tank and well........let's just say... the tank was glued to one spot

TheSeks

At least I hope I am.

If you have to ask,
you aren't

Olimpia is Spanish, IIRC. That's the "other language."

Call of Duty said:
when me and olimpia... we played a conquest canales game.... A level 50 colonel had a tank and well........let's just say... the tank was glued to one spot

So, teammate wasn't moving? I was in a round with Olimpia IIRC last week in a tank going between D/C on Conquest-Assault Oman because I was the only person going back to D while Olimpia was attempting to attack B (by himself because I was attempting to take out tanks with my SOFLAM in a area where it couldn't be taken out) with mixed success. I think we lost, mostly because Olimpia and I were spread thin. Like I said, shit happens. I couldn't control our team, and I don't think the two that kept spawning in my tank (with Olimpia spawning and leaving. ARGH.) in our squad was going to notice nor change.

Evolved1

This is not to pick on anyone... but you need to understand the important shit in a match. You need to understand how the match is flowing, and recognize the opportunities that are match-altering.

Now, I have mistakenly blown up vehicles that could have aided the team effort... can think of at least half a dozen times when I've done this by accident.

But in that Bazaar round, we were working our butts off... and it was hard fucking fought. The other team was playing well and playing together, and they were almost all medics. Every damn ticket actually required you to get the kill a few times, because of the revives, and you had to face a team moving together well. thn actually put up a pretty herculean effort that round, and he was even riding olimpia and I pretty hard about our tactics, when usually he is pretty chill...

Anyway they are cutting into our ticket lead and we're in the midst of a bleed, it's hard to even hold a single flag... their LAV makes the mistake of driving into our spawn and engaging our LAV head on. Having just spawned there, because we hold no fucking flags, I see this opportunity and jump on the turret. One shot, bam, disabled. Pilot bails and dies. But I'm not an engineer... I kitted up medic for the revives. Anyway, I'm running toward their disabled LAV (and communicating this to the squad) to jump into it and hopefully limp it toward the deployment for repair. THIS IS THE WIN WE'VE BEEN BUSTING OUR ASSES FOR. Except, as I'm running toward the disabled vehicle, it gets hit by a LAV cannon volley: bam bam bam bam bam.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I jump in, there's like 6% health left. It explodes. Insult to injury we lose my ticket as well as the vehicle... smh.

That was the match. This is a competitive game. I'm a competitive person. Doesn't matter if it's a videogame or basketball or Texas Hold'em... in the words of Herm Edwards: "You play to win the game." Some of us do, anyway.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm a very competitive person (especially in Halo), but damn. PS3GAF seriously picks apart every step they or another member of their squad/team makes, it's pretty crazy. Whenever I play with some of 360GAF it's fairly laid-back. I mean, we still want to win and get annoyed when we don't, but nobody goes ragging on about how someone didn't do his job or whatever. Guess the fact that often enough we only have about 1 squad of GAFfers online so our influence on the game's result is limited also makes it a little bit more relaxed.

Evolved1

I'm a very competitive person (especially in Halo), but damn. PS3GAF seriously picks apart every step they or another member of their squad/team makes, it's pretty crazy. Whenever I play with some of 360GAF it's fairly laid-back. I mean, we still want to win and get annoyed when we don't, but nobody goes ragging on about how someone didn't do his job or whatever. Guess the fact that often enough we only have about 1 squad of GAFfers online so our influence on the game's result is limited also makes it a little bit more relaxed.

The thing is 90% of the time one squad of gaffers is enough. Sometimes three gaffers, or even two (olimpia and I usually win whenever we play together -- it's often hard work) but when you come up against a solid opposing team, you really need a team effort. And if you're not trying to win, well... I'd rather play with people who are.

If this makes me a child, or douche, or whatever... whatever. You see me join the match, you can count on me to back you up or run with the ball. Most gaffers are like that. A lot of gaffers have the same ethic and are way better than me.

I have a pretty mediocre k/d... and my SPM isn't fantastic at 500+ whatever it is... but come on... 2000 - 3000 points in a 30 min CQ match where flags are getting capped left and right? You practically get that for joining the game. I mean, what the heck are you doing exactly? Get in the damn game. (btw this is not aimed at any one person, because frankly it's become kind of a thing now where we have some guys who just never really get into the matches on a pretty regular basis.)

We had a smurf on our team yesterday who was in the entire match... went 0-17 and had 30 points. How is that even possible?

tn2007

You know the funny thing about yesterday, was that we won every game but one. That's how competitive PS3GAF is. We actually leave servers if the opposition is getting steam rolled, so we can have a challenge.

I won't comment on what happen yesterday with Olimpia and waypoetic because I didn't know what was going on. I just know we had the opposition down 150+ tickets and they came back to make it close at the end. For me it was very frustrating watching that happen, but I didn't start yelling at poetic til the metro round. The reason for me yelling at him was because I asked him to do certain things and I felt like he just gave up. The RU side hade both B and C and he was sitting there prone at A instead of helping us push. If it was some random I wouldn't care but he was a GAFer and I excepted more.

In the end I really think it was a communication issue more than anything. Waypoetic has a mic and he could of just told us to shut the fuck up or he could of just explain what was happening. Most of the time I yell at people and they tell me what happen and I'm like ok I need to calm down and that person was trying his best. But if I don't hear anything from you and IMO I see you doing something stupid I will tell you about it. I really hope this doesn't destroy your experience with PS3GAF because a lot the other guys are fun to play with. Olimipia and I however are very anal about things. Sorry waypoetic if we hurt your feelings.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/80905953/4/176840875/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/80899544/4/176840875/

JJD

Let it go guys, I think we have discussed this enough. Everyone stated their reasons and they are all understandable, nothing good can come out of it anymore.

Hopefully Waypoetic will keep playing with Gaffers he enjoy.

Olimpia will keep kicking ass and leading us to victories.

THN will keep being our all around best infantry soldier right now.

PS3GAF will keep steamrolling 93.25% (or more!) of the time.

I just hope Dream won't keep hurting himself in the process! ;-)

tn2007

Olimpia will keep kicking ass and leading us to victories.

THN will keep being our all around best infantry soldier right now.

PS3GAF will keep steamrolling 93.25% (or more!) of the time.

I just hope Dream won't keep hurting himself in the process! ;-)

Whoa, hold on there buddy. That honor still goes to dawnoflife IMO. I'm just trying to get up to his level. But thanks for the compliment. When are you coming back JJD? I miss playing with you and you need to shake off that rust before the "end game" DLC comes out.

JJD

Whoa, hold on there buddy. That honor still goes to dawnoflife IMO. I'm just trying to get up to his level. But thanks for the compliment. When are you coming back JJD? I miss playing with you and you need to shake off that rust before the "end game" DLC comes out.

I hardly see Dawn online anymore... =(

I don't know when I'm coming back man...

Whenever I see you guys playing I get the itch to join, but frankly until I get my new TV (hopefully by the end of this month) the game will continue to be almost unplayable for me. The control lag patch really killed it for a very few people and I'm among the unlucky ones.

Anyway, are you planning to get a PS4 THN? Man I hope the majority of PS3 GAF gets one. It will be freaking sweet playing 64 players games with you guys!!!

Oh, JJD... *pat pat* So cute.

Who do you think is our most skilled player right now? Serious question Seks, and I mean the active ones.

Opinions may differ, but I really believe THN should be at least on the top 3.

tn2007

I hardly see Dawn online anymore... =(

I don't know when I'm coming back man...

Whenever I see you guys playing I get the itch to join, but frankly until I get my new TV (hopefully by the end of this month) the game will continue to be almost unplayable for me. The control lag patch really killed it for a very few people and I'm among the unlucky ones.

Anyway, are you planning to get a PS4 THN? Man I hope the majority of PS3 GAF gets one. It will be freaking sweet playing 64 players games with you guys!!!

Damn I hope your new tv works out for you. I play on a pioneer plasma and it works out pretty well for me. I believe Panasonic borrowed some tech from Pioneer before they stop making plasma TVs and maybe that will solve your problem.

I'm definitely getting a PS4 and I hope Michael Jackson and the Titos get one too :)

Top Bottom