• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

*Serious voice* Myse--

Goddamn it.

It really depends on what you're going for: Rush or Conquest?

Make a top 5 on both modes!

And I do believe that you should be included in the Rush one. Played with you some time ago for like 4 or 5 games and I couldn't keep up.

Just my two cents:

I think that Olimpia is our best team player. Olimpia doesn't give a shit about stats, or anything else besides the victory. Dude will gladly take one, two or three for the team, hell he'll endure whatever it takes for the team and for the victory.

I once sat on backstairs on metro watching Olimpia's back as he tried to make it through to A on a hard game. Man it was glorious!!! He tried like 10 times straight as a recon so he could put a beacon on the back of A. He killed a dude or two, got ripped to shreds spawned on me and did it again. The game was very hard and backstairs was being watch closely by at least 3 enemies, then he pulled out the smoke tube hahaha...man watching guys like him playing is just a joy. PS4 game recording will be freaking amazing. By the way, we won that game exclusively because of him and he wasn't even on the top 3 of the scoreboards. Points and kills aren't everything.

That kind of tenacity combined with his great infantry skills and flexibility makes him our MVP. Olimpia's playstyle mixes well with almost everyone on GAF. He can fit on any squad.

THN shares many of the same qualities, but I think that in what he really shines through though are on his infantry playing skills. Reaction time, aim, awareness of his surroundings etc. All top notch. If BF3 was not an objective, teamwork based game he really could be the best one.

Anyway:

Conquest:

Olimpia
THN
Dawn
Hunting Beast
Boa

I'm finding it hard to say who is best on Rush since I have not played enough of it, so I'll just say the best ones IMO (based on past experiences) on no particular order.

Rush:

Seks
BK (BK is an amazing infantry player on rush, smart, tactical. Way better than me. On choppers he shines on any mode)
Olimpia
THN
Dream (thanks for staying on the back watching those Mcoms while he have fun in the fronlines killing and getting killed Dream!)

I think Faceless should be there too, it's such a shame that BF3 doesn't cater well to his out of bounds shenanigans.

Damn I hope your new tv works out for you. I play on a pioneer plasma and it works out pretty well for me. I believe Panasonic borrowed some tech from Pioneer before they stop making plasma TVs and maybe that will solve your problem.

I'm definitely getting a PS4 and I hope Michael Jackson and the Titos get one too :)

I'm aiming for a new Panny plasma! Such a shame that the model I want is so fucking expensive down here...
We'll see how my conversation with the store manager will go.

I hope fucking AbuC gets a PS4 since his PS3 died more than a year ago.

Now that would be amazing!

tn2007

Boatack would like to have a word with you.

Lol, he is the closes to me in skill but he has not surpassed me yet. One on one with no repairs I believe I can beat him a majority of the time. The only difference is Boa and COD play safe while I play aggressive, and I can shoot better than them while moving. I will say they can shoot helicopters better than me. It doesn't matter anyways because I only tank now if I have too. I prefer to play infantry since most of GAF can tank well enough for me not to worry about it.

Boa you really should use reactive and just switch to third person if your worried about getting c4.

Pro tip: if a flag is flashing and your not close to it than press the start button, look at the big map, and see how many of your teammates are going to that flag before you go yourself. Some teams will flash a flag with one or two people to bait your entire team in leaving a defensive position ala metro A or C flag.

tn2007

If we are talking about pure infantry skills than these people give me the hardest time in order

Dawnoflife
JJD
Huntingbeast

I never played against ImEAF or Johanmelin, but I played with them and their infantry skills were top notch.

I can care less about what modes you play I just go by my personal one vs one experiences.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Pro tip: if a flag is flashing and your not close to it than press the start button, look at the big map, and see how many of your teammates are going to that flag before you go yourself. Some teams will flash a flag with one or two people to bait your entire team in leaving a defensive position ala metro A or C flag.

That shit drives me crazy, or teams (and Olimpia) going for flags with the mindview of "LOL BASECAMP DESPITE HAVING BLEED!" where I'm the only one dying 4-5 times defending a flag attempt before Olimpia comes and backs me up and we clear the flag.

Guys, if we have majority you don't need to push. Let them come to us and we respond with strength in numbers on the flags.

@JJD: honestly, I couldn't rank people... I'd have to think about it to give a non-numbered list.

olimpia84

I think that Olimpia is our best team player. Olimpia doesn't give a shit about stats, or anything else besides the victory. Dude will gladly take one, two or three for the team, hell he'll endure whatever it takes for the team and for the victory.

Why thank you. Personally I wouldn't even place myself in a top 5 list :p

That shit drives me crazy, or teams (and Olimpia) going for flags with the mindview of "LOL BASECAMP DESPITE HAVING BLEED!" where I'm the only one dying 4-5 times defending a flag attempt before Olimpia comes and backs me up and we clear the flag.

I don't cap flags and play aggressive just because, it all depends on the dynamics of how the game is developing. If we're facing a good team on Metro and we have the two primary flags there's no way in hell I'll go for the third flag.

TheSeks

I don't cap flags and play aggressive just because, it all depends on the dynamics of how the game is developing. If we're facing a good team on Metro and we have the two primary flags there's no way in hell I'll go for the third flag.

I'm talking ten others (and you) going for ONE flag that is theirs when there's one of ours blinking. Ours/defense > theirs/attack in general. We have the MAJORITY. If we hold onto that, they die. That's why it drives me bonkers, because I go to a flag to defend all by myself only to eat it because there's 2-3 enemies there that I can't catch all by myself that I could at least distract/clear out with 2-3 others coming to defend while the others are attacking.

The same with Rush with a team make-up. BALANCE is more important than base-camping/objectives/whatever to succeed in getting said objective/base-camping.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Lol, he is the closes to me in skill but he has not surpassed me yet. One on one with no repairs I believe I can beat him a majority of the time. The only difference is Boa and COD play safe while I play aggressive, and I can shoot better than them while moving. I will say they can shoot helicopters better than me. It doesn't matter anyways because I only tank now if I have too. I prefer to play infantry since most of GAF can tank well enough for me not to worry about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9xRhwmHBBE

While I love categorizing players (defensive/offensive/well-rounded/leader/followers), I'm generally not crazy about power ranking players outside of AbuC. As Sekoku said, establishing a fine balance is much more important than anything. A whole team of genius vehicle stealer mean absolutely nothing when they're not going to be around to disarm an objective *bitter*. In addition, how good a player is entirely situational. No offense to Olimpia, but Olimpia would rarely be considered a top 5 player in our BC2-rushing days. Back then, he was often the "lone guy playing conquest" that we occasionally join upon. It's not that he wasn't as good then or he is better now, but at that time his play style and preferred mode just didn't stand out as much. It's the same now how my defensive style and preference for rush doesn't appeal as much now.

That being said, I also really dislike power ranking for another reason - It makes people even lazier to try to create a balance.
People have this concept of what they're good/strong/enjoy at and to me, it's really not a good idea to make them too comfortable.
Otherwise, they're more likely to stick to one style or unwilling to accommodate based on "why me?" mentalities.
It's even worse when they're the influential type players, who causes other people do follow their lead without thinking (which is why I always say certain combination of gaffers = guaranteed lost in Rush.)

---------------------------------------
OT: It's one thing to praise Olimpia, but I think it's another to appreciate what he does.
I feel most bad for Olimpia not when he's yelling, but when he's off alone, flanking while the team waste tickets at hot zones.
People praise him for his outshining efforts, but rarely learn or appreciate his quite moments.
(lone moron biases)

TheSeks

In fact, let me go further: You know how the enemy team swarms ONE of our flags today? That flag could've been defended and meanwhile 2-4 people could've been taken their 1-2 flags they held silently while the rest of us defended. As soon as those flags were taken, they'd have none to spawn on. How the hell is it a good idea for EVERYONE (but me!) to go attack ONE flag in retaliation, leaving me to face the 11-12 people on OUR flag instead?

I mean I'm glad ya'll spawned on me at C in Shaqi Conquest Assault, but that's only after I had spotted two-three people at B (attacking that while EVERYONE is at A trying to take it back) and I'm going down the stairs as they cap B thinking "Shit, I'm going to defend by myself. Again."

Yep, get taken out. Get taken out. Ya'll finally spawn and we have to hardcore fight for it back. Then I start to spread out to get A since it was (to my knowledge) undefended and that's got them somewhat off it. But really, if GAF/players spread out and evenly distributed themselves, we wouldn't have had to regrab C.

This is something I've noticed anytime I play babby 3-4 flag mode: EVERYONE LEMMINGS to a flag while I'm lone-wolving it to another flag that isn't going to be defended. One person spawning on me would neutralize that flag from them spawning on it or give me the chance to be a distraction and that person takes out the defense there.

That's not to say Olimpia isn't also solo attacking while I'm busy defending, but again: Balance. It's something that isn't there in most rounds.

olimpia84

Regarding Rush I don't think I need to be included in any kind of list perhaps other than "worse SPM" since I usually just stay all the way back to defend ala dream or "highest deaths per minute" since when attacking I'm always rushing like crazy trying to get to the mcoms and getting killed left and right xD

One thing that I like about GAF is that we know our playstyles and we try to complement each other depending on how the game is developing (if needed be).
I also like how JJD didn't include himself in any of the lists, imo he's one of our elite players. I remember how incredibly fast he improved when playing BC2...there was a period of time where he would join my Panama Canal games (since the rest of you guys were busy playing inferior Rush mode) and he went from good to great in a very short time even beating me on the scoreboard on Panama Canal which goes to say a lot xD

Same goes for NoStyle which is often forgotten, probably because he doesn't play with us very often but he was one of the first gaffers I added to my FL and I literally learned everything from him since BC2 was my first ever FPS online game and I pretty much just followed him around. And don't forget about faceless' shenanigans that can always get you out of trouble although I have to say faceless didn't 'wow' me as much this time around in BF3 as he did with all his shortcuts and secrets in BC2 :p

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I'm not on any list...

ui7lJdQ.gif

TheSeks

Tank Queen doesn't need a list.

Because everyone knows I'm tank queen. *sparkly*

I dunno who was sending messages to my (hasn't been used in six years) XBL account, but thanks for letting me block you. <3

AlexBasch

I know it's obvious by now, but I have come to the realization that unless you're on the attacker side, people can't play Rush for shit. I used to get angry and whatnot, but now I just grind the kills on my weapons, fuck the team, I don't care anymore.

EDIT: I've got a mic and I'm curious about playing with you guys, but my english speaking skills aren't the best and by the hardcore way you seem to play this stuff, I don't want to be held responsible for an aneurysm on a fellow gaffer.

JJD

I know it's obvious by now, but I have come to the realization that unless you're on the attacker side, people can't play Rush for shit. I used to get angry and whatnot, but now I just grind the kills on my weapons, fuck the team, I don't care anymore.

EDIT: I've got a mic and I'm curious about playing with you guys, but my english speaking skills aren't the best and by the hardcore way you seem to play this stuff, I don't want to be held responsible for an aneurysm on a fellow gaffer.

Haha, just add some people if you're on PS3.

My english is not that good too and I talk shit and whine all the time. No one gives a fuck (I mean, I hope no one cares!). Lol!

Seriously, PS3 BF3 GAF is awesome!

tn2007

Here is my LONG story: when BF3 came out I bought it because some people at work talked up BC2 as if it was the best game ever. So I bought BF3 even though I never played an online shooter and my only experience was from playing with buddies in halo 1. (I'm more of a sports/rpg kind of guy) So when I first started to play I was awful for first 100 hours. I had a .5 KDR and 300 SPM. The dudes from work didn't even play the game and so I was screwed playing by myself.

So I came into this forum and found a couple of really cool people to play with. Olimipia was the guy that thought me everything I know and I own him and GAF everything relating to Battlefield. I just followed that guy around everywhere and did whatever he told me to do. Boy did it help, because I finally started to like the game and play a whole lot better. Did I get yelled at for doing stupid things? Yeah of course because I was noob, but hey I knew it was a learning process and I actually like getting feedback on what I do. This game is now my favorite game and it was because of these guys. I have logged on 800+ hours on PS3 and PC combined, and is the longest I have ever played a game other than Diablo 2. Even though the PC verison is by FAR the better game I still comeback to play on PS3 because of these guys!

Long story short, playing with GAF was the best decision I have made video game wise. These guys are really cool, really talented, and you can only get better by playing with them.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So my xbox 360 copy of battlefield 3 premium came in the mail today. The amount of stuff you have to download before playing is kinda off putting, having to download a huge patch after just patching is not cool. I'm still pretty excited to get into a game and see what's all the fuzz is about once the patch actually downloads.

I'm looking at getting expansions for BF3 (I'm on PC but I'm sure this applies to consoles too). What are some recommendations? I heard Aftermath was pretty good but I wanna hear other opinions as well.

tn2007

I'm looking at getting expansions for BF3 (I'm on PC but I'm sure this applies to consoles too). What are some recommendations? I heard Aftermath was pretty good but I wanna hear other opinions as well.

Aftermath is really good and I rank it second to only the karkand maps. Do you have Strike at Karkand yet? If you don't than you need to get that first. I don't recommend Close quarters at all unless you like those types of maps. Armored kill is ok if you like really big maps but the only one I really like from that pack is Armored shield.

Aftermath is really good and I rank it second to only the karkand maps. Do you have Strike at Karkand yet? I don't recommend Close quarters at all unless you like those types of maps. Armored kill is ok if you like really big maps but the only one I really like from that pack is Armored shield.

Yeah, I got the Karkand maps when I first bought the game which was nice. I'm downloading Aftermath now but Close Quarters does sound interesting. I'd probably do more research into that one.

Armored Kill isn't very good for consoles. Too large.
Karkand and Aftermath are great.

Unfortunately the Close Quarters maps don't support 24 people or I believe they'd be played more often.

TheSeks

Karkand only. Best and still the only map pack worth a damn in the game. Anything else is guns. Armored Kill wouldn't be bad if the Gunship never spawned in Rush.

Aftermath is too open in Rush.

Close Shitters doesn't support Rush so no1currs.

tn2007

Karkand only. Best and still the only map pack worth a damn in the game. Anything else is guns. Armored Kill wouldn't be bad if the Gunship never spawned in Rush.

Aftermath is too open in Rush.

Close Shitters doesn't support Rush so no1currs.

He already has Karkand, and I don't know why you don't like aftermath because its really fun. Oh yeah I forgot you play scrub mode rush only :p if you want to play a real pro mode than play squad rush.

TheSeks

He already has Karkand, and I don't know why you don't like aftermath because its really fun. Oh yeah I forgot you play scrub mode rush only :p if you want to play a real pro mode than play squad rush.

I doubt Squad Rush would fix my issues with Aftermath having Goatse hueg backdoors.

Instead of out of bounds antics, DICE just said "LOL FUCK IT, LET'S GIVE THEM A BACKDOOR TO SWARM AND SWARM AND SWARM AND NOBODY CAN CLOSE IT! LOLZ!"

So the maps suck.

And if he has Karkand already save himself the money unless he really wants the SPAS-12 and avoid Close Shitters. I forget the weapons Armored and Aftermath bring but they aren't really noteworthy so he can save the cash.

Though it really depends on the PC make-up of servers including the maps. Very few servers I've been playing on include them in the console rotation.

tn2007

I doubt Squad Rush would fix my issues with Aftermath having Goatse hueg backdoors.

Instead of out of bounds antics, DICE just said "LOL FUCK IT, LET'S GIVE THEM A BACKDOOR TO SWARM AND SWARM AND SWARM AND NOBODY CAN CLOSE IT! LOLZ!"

So the maps suck.

It's fun attacking on those maps though lol. We really should play some squad rush. I don't think I've played a round of squad rush yet.

TheSeks

It's fun attacking on those maps though lol. We really should play some squad rush. I don't think I've played a round of squad rush yet.

Yes, and it isn't fun defending on those maps since it boils down to "SWARM SWARM SWARM KEKEKEKEKE INFANTRY RUSH" tactics instead of... you know... sneaking in, arming A, C4-ing a blow-up-able wall, mounting a shoulder high barrier, going to B, UMP-45'ing a dude with his back turned at B, arming. Having the rest of you join me like that last round of Damavand Attack. See where I have a problem with it? It's lopsided toward the attackers like Armored Kill was with the initial Gunship. Yes, the vanilla maps are lopsided toward the defense, but that's mostly due to DICE not allowing out-of-bounds antics and other shit that I've already harped on in the past.

Basically put I want an even balance/equal chance on maps but Aftermath devolves into cluster fucks at the crate where the defense can't punch the attackers out to disarm if they get in which is my issue.

I'll say if the gunship never spawned in Rush on Armored Kill it'd be good, pop-in and hueg map size aside, it had a decent idea of separating the crates (so the defense has to SPREAD OUT and not be too much of one class) while also being open enough for attackers to sneak in but not be completely unfair to the defense because the defense can see them coming in general with a UAV online.

tn2007

Yes, and it isn't fun defending on those maps since it boils down to "SWARM SWARM SWARM KEKEKEKEKE INFANTRY RUSH" tactics instead of... you know... sneaking in, arming A, C4-ing a blow-up-able wall, mounting a shoulder high barrier, going to B, UMP-45'ing a dude with his back turned at B, arming. Having the rest of you join me like that last round of Damavand Attack. See where I have a problem with it? It's lopsided toward the attackers like Armored Kill was with the initial Gunship. Yes, the vanilla maps are lopsided toward the defense, but that's mostly due to DICE not allowing out-of-bounds antics and other shit that I've already harped on in the past.

IMO it isn't fun defending on any map. I wish there was a stat that showed how many games are won on defense and attacking because IMO attacking seems like they have the advantage on majority of the maps.

TheSeks

IMO it isn't fun defending on any map.

You missed my edit. I think Rush's tweaks DICE did in regards to destruction is fine (in before Dream), but the problem is they didn't tweak the maps to accomodate it for the attackers to where the vanilla maps are HEAVILY lop-sided toward defense if the defense knows what to do for the "chokepoints" on the maps.

Karkand is a toss-up with the only shitty map being Wake because it's an L instead of the horse-shoe and too little cover for attackers in general unless they use the Amtrack (and the cheesemobile doesn't mow it down).

Armored Kill, already said above.

Aftermath is too open to where it's heavily leaned toward the attackers to where it isn't fun for the defense because the attackers just need more boots on the ground of the backdoor to get the crates. See the backdoor to B second or third set on Epicenter. Infantry comes in from the front, defense answers. But they didn't have five people at the backdoor? Enjoy have the attackers come in from behind and stab you similar to Armored Kills gunship drops putting the attackers behind enemy lines too easy.

Maybe PC fixes that issue, but with 24 players on consoles you don't have enough boots on the ground on the defense to cover the back door to where it completely kills the map for the defense.

Of course, DICE also has attack/defense differences in out-of-bounds so they really fucked up the mechanics for the maps in Rush in general.

Aftermath is too open to where it's heavily leaned toward the attackers to where it isn't fun for the defense because the attackers just need more boots on the ground of the backdoor to get the crates. See the backdoor to B second or third set on Epicenter. Infantry comes in from the front, defense answers. But they didn't have five people at the backdoor? Enjoy have the attackers come in from behind and stab you similar to Armored Kills gunship drops putting the attackers behind enemy lines too easy.

Maybe PC fixes that issue, but with 24 players on consoles you don't have enough boots on the ground on the defense to cover the back door to where it completely kills the map for the defense.

Of course, DICE also has attack/defense differences in out-of-bounds so they really fucked up the mechanics for the maps in Rush in general.

I actually just got done playing Epicenter on PC and I was on the defensive side and I could see your issue with having 24 player maps being an issue for defense. Fortunately I was able to play a 48 player map on Epicenter and it was probably the most fun I've had on defense. But I agree, if it were a 24 player map it definitely would have been a lot more harder to defend. But even with the chokepoints on the maps, I still think it's more balanced when you have more people playing on both sides.

TheSeks

The thing is: I don't think having more players on the ground for Aftermath would fix my issue with it. Sure, you'd have some people covering the back door but a swarm tactic will generally win you the maps in Rush and that's not... good.

Same for the defense on vanilla maps, hold up in an indestructible crate area and hold on. You win unless they out explosive damage you than you out explosive damage them.

Like I said: I love that DICE has made Rush less "LOL OBJECTIVE HARM" and more having to sneak/get to the crate and then arm/hold it with your team. But the thing is: they didn't redesign maps to accomodiate this and they didn't provide any out of bounds to allow sneaking into areas on maps that people may or may not see. Their answer for the lop-sided defense was to give attackers a swarming mass which lop-sides toward attackers. Really, both sides lose in this case because DICE didn't think it through.

JJD

Yeah, I got the Karkand maps when I first bought the game which was nice. I'm downloading Aftermath now but Close Quarters does sound interesting. I'd probably do more research into that one.

I'd say Close Quarters is worth it if you like infantry based maps.

CQ is like metro, except not as linear and a tad smaller but with more verticality. I like it! It's pretty intense!

You missed my edit. I think Rush's tweaks DICE did in regards to destruction is fine (in before Dream).

The point is the inconsistency.
You do not make destruction into a guessing game of "1 out of these 9 similar looking walls is destructible, go figure", cause it discourages people to actually plan destruction into their tactics.

-------------------------
Moving on - Rush D is still my favorite game mode (well yes, defensive player bias), and attack can be monotonous and boring if the defending team doesn't know what they're doing. And yes, I agree with Sekoku - rush is actually heavily lopsided to the defense on the vanilla maps.

The problem is:
1) Rush D tactics does not translate into any other game mode.
2) People too often play rush with conquest mentality.
3) Rush D require a larger degree of team participation/people adapting to the team's situation. Which will feel restrictive to certain power players. A.k.A. Someone needs to pick up the slack of playing a certain class, or stay behind or maintain a formation.

A good example is Crossing set 1 B and Bazaar set 1 B. Despite having near perfect strategies to defend those sets, gaffers will still occasionally lose when no one wants to be the the dedicated defender to set up shop. A bunch of really good front line attackers will be no good in defense if they can't notice that someone needs to stay behind/fulfill certain duties.

You largely don't have that issue in CQ/CQD, other than say making the smart decisions to back away from hot/fire zones.

I really hope that in the next battlefield, they make reviving an animation that takes 2-3 seconds to revive someone because people just running in and with a quick tap of the trigger reviving the entire squad you just killed is kinda bs.

tn2007

You guys really think rush defense has the advantage? IMO the attacking side has the advantage on most of the vanilla maps. If the teams are equal in skill the attacking team should win.

Dream I don't know what duties your talking about because on bazaar or seine all you have to do is use smoke, mortar, c4, and lvg/320 the first sets on those maps. Why should I stay in a small ass room only to get smoked than 10 dudes rush in and I get my face blown off. I rather watch a lane and do my job than camp right next to the Mcom. Because that might work if your playing scubs but try playing a clan on mics and see how your strats work than.

What people need to do is watch a lane and rotate to where the flow of the enemy is going and back rage them if necessary. Than rotate back to your position because everyone should have a job and stick to it unless called upon. Now maps with vehicles, you have to prioritize certain vehicles. I don't care what you say about vehicles not arming shit because if you don't take out the amtrac your fucking screwed against a competent team. Amtrac has reactive armored, a machine gun, and grenade launcher(death machine). It holds six people and it is a mobile spawn for the WHOLE team. Best fucking vehicle in the game IMO other than the rush jets.

tn2007

I really hope that in the next battlefield, they make reviving an animation that takes 2-3 seconds to revive someone because people just running in and with a quick tap of the trigger reviving the entire squad you just killed is kinda bs.

That medic/revive train is OP son!!!! That's why medics=best class period, on infranty maps.

swarming works because the defenders spawn so much further away from the objectives than before. say you kill a guy thats arming in BC2 and his buddy watching his back kills you... there was a much higher chance that you would have enough time to respawn, run out and kill them both then disarm due to the shorter distance between the spawn and objective.

the generally narrower map design in BF3 rush means it would be a slower burn to get into that position but it also means its harder for the defenders to get out of a bad position, then the Aftermath maps drop and there are 94584 approaches to many objectives which just throws the balance off because the defender spawn points are still far away in many cases.

You guys really think rush defense has the advantage? IMO the attacking side has the advantage on most of the vanilla maps. If the teams are equal in skill the attacking team should win.

Dream I don't know what duties your talking about because on bazaar or seine all you have to do is use smoke, mortar, c4, and lvg/320 the first sets on those maps. Why should I stay in a small ass room only to get smoked than 10 dudes rush in and I get my face blown off. I rather watch a lane and do my job than camp right next to the Mcom. Because that might work if your playing scubs but try playing a clan on mics and see how your strats work than.

What people need to do is watch a lane and rotate to where the flow of the enemy is going and back rage them if necessary. Than rotate back to your position because everyone should have a job and stick to it unless called upon. Now maps with vehicles, you have to prioritize certain vehicles. I don't care what you say about vehicles not arming shit because if you don't take out the amtrac your fucking screwed against a competent team. Amtrac has reactive armored, a machine gun, and grenade launcher(death machine). It holds six people and it is a mobile spawn for the WHOLE team. Best fucking vehicle in the game IMO other than the rush jets.

this right here. AMTRAC = priority numero uno. destroy that shit before it destroys your hopes and dreams.

tn2007

Pro tip: squad hopping is very useful and could be the difference in defending or taking a flag/bomb. If your squad gets wiped or no where near the objective, see if you can squad hop to another squad to spawn closer to the objective. It will save you some time running back to the objective.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yeah the AMTRAC is my favorite vehicle. It's a punishment machine. It can take whatever you throw at it (for the most part) and give it back just as well. Park that thing anywhere near crates and they're fucked.

As far as advantage. I think attackers always have advantage but for a few exceptions: "kill rooms" Seine/bazaar first sets, if the defense knows what it's doing, holds huge advantage for them. And I'd say first set of Metro is skewed toward the D as well, again if they know what they're doing. Another map that could go either way is D-Peak. I think that is usually D advantage, but I've been run over on that map when we had a good team-D so...

But generally attackers have the advantage on most other maps imo.

Unless you play no map hardcore. Then it's 100% defensive advantage every day of the week. lol

tn2007

As far as advantage. I think attackers always have advantage but for a few exceptions: "kill rooms" Seine/bazaar first sets, if the defense knows what it's doing, holds huge advantage for them. And I'd say first set of Metro is skewed toward the D as well, again if they know what they're doing. Another map that could go either way is D-Peak. I think that is usually D advantage, but I've been run over on that map when we had a good team-D so...

I think attackers have an advantage on those sets as well. If you camp the kill room for bazaar than all they have to do is smoke the room, m320 LVG the room to move people around, and have a guy c4 suicide the room. For seine you need a mav/tugs to spot, smoke to blind, mortars/LVG to move people around and a medic train.

Cronnie

I'm intrigued about what they are planning to do about heat seekers in air superiority mode, hoping they explain it soon in one of these blog posts.

TheSeks

I just hope the Dirtbikes control well. I think the ATV's were alright but with the vehicle physics of BF3 a little unwieldly. I hope they tweaked the physics for all the vehicles with this last expansion. :(

Overdoziz

Banned
I just hope the Dirtbikes control well. I think the ATV's were alright but with the vehicle physics of BF3 a little unwieldly. I hope they tweaked the physics for all the vehicles with this last expansion. :(
Hopefully in BF4 they'll fix how vehicles interact with each other. It's so incredibly glitchy. Halo-like physics would be great, although very unlikely.

Top Bottom