• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, sounds like your 360 is dying. Or the servers are hitching. More the former than the later but PS3 and 360 people have been having issues with US East servers lately.

Overdoziz

Banned
Framerate on Senine (or whatever it's called) has been absolutely terrible lately. Several times the image has actually frozen on the screen for a few seconds before resuming.

Fear my Xbox is close to dying (it's an old white one)
Seine Crossing has always had that issue. It usually only happens at the start of a match where it just froze a couple of times in a row and then you can normally again. Happens consistently on Rush in the first 15 seconds for me and others I've played with, it has nothing to do with your 360. I think in Conquest it can happen more often for whatever reason.

TCRS

Banned
cross posting:

holy fucking shit guys. today I discovered the glory of playing with headphones. It's a new day, before today I didn't live. BF3 with headphones is just so...

dv7ywf0afq.gif

the weapons, the klicks, the footsteps, errrything! And they're not even fancy headphones, they're just Superlux HD-681Bs (highly recommended in the headphones thread) which you can get for 15-20 quid.

I'm not sure which setting to choose, I keep switching between "headphones" and "war tapes" (enhanced stereo is on). Both are great.

playing with headphones = glorious. and your neighbour will thank you.

vixlar

Some comments (I'm too lazy to quote):

On PS3 vs Xbox controllers: it is not only awful when you're changing fire modes, but when you're choosing spawn point. If you are not aware of it, you spawn with the wrong class.

About semi automatic mode: it is great for long distances. You can have a sniper-assault soldier.

Framerate on Senine (or whatever it's called) has been absolutely terrible lately. Several times the image has actually frozen on the screen for a few seconds before resuming.

Seine Crossing has always had that issue. It usually only happens at the start of a match where it just froze a couple of times in a row and then you can normally again. Happens consistently on Rush in the first 15 seconds for me and others I've played with, it has nothing to do with your 360. I think in Conquest it can happen more often for whatever reason.

Yep, yep.

Usually happens when turning certain corners (first LAV spawn on Rush).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
We barely scraped together a close win yesterday on Wake Island. Evolved went to town.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/81268563/4/184349061/

They must have been so salty after that... they had us. We won that game in the last two mins and overcame a decent-sized ticket deficit. I wasn't even sure who won when the game ended. Just tried to do maximum damage in the gunner seat. Thank god for thermal optics that round.

We were lucky... our team was awful, but we had C capped. Which meant no enemy chopper or jets to worry about. Just the stingers. But we worked together real well to take them all out (great piloting!) and it was just a matter of taking them out faster than the bleed... photo finish.

That's one of those times when you can have pretty gaudy chopper numbers... couldn't have come at a better time.

TheSeks

We would've lost that round against Faceless in the cheesemobile if I didn't take the long way around to get his attention off the frontlines with Dan spawning on me. Dunno how Noise and Dan got them but after a hard-fought win on A we take B with like 25 tickets left. After that I think Faceless was too terrified to come to the frontlines since he basically let us just stroll into the last two bases of Norshal. Thanks, duder.

That clipping into walls glitch is still in?!

It never left, and is on all maps. The only good thing about it is sometimes their feet stick out of the other side and you can kill them that way.

Seine always has slowdown on certain spots, so much so that I have nicknamed the corner of the road between A and C "The Slowdown." And it will usually occur ~10 seconds after spawn no matter where you are.

Last night, I got banned from a server for killing the owner. PPH2 then hunted him down for a while, killing him repeatedly, taking his tags and teabagging him. He was banned. We left him "cry more" messages and he responded with profanity and teenage rage. I researched the kid and that seems to be his MO. His matches have an inordinate number of opposing players who do not finish the round.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/76301495/2/352453915/

TheSeks

Hahaha, that battlereport has three of you saying they banned you for kicking his ass. I believe it, but are all three of you on GAF?

It never left, and is on all maps.

They're not talking prone-clipping. They're talking clipping through the floor of Metro. That is a problem.

Hahaha, that battlereport has three of you saying they banned you for kicking his ass. I believe it, but are all three of you on GAF?

PPH2 is bbagwell here. I don't know the other guy, but I guarantee the other top player on our team who didn't finish was banned as well. What a little punk. I always laugh when I get banned from a server. There's no greater accolade.

They're not talking prone-clipping. They're talking clipping through the floor of Metro. That is a problem.

Hmm, I don't know if I've seen that. I know you can somehow climb up in the rafters of Metro and be invisible. I've seen people spawning below the B flag on Bazaar; you can take the flag from below and kill people if they are prone, but it's very boring.

It never left, and is on all maps. The only good thing about it is sometimes their feet stick out of the other side and you can kill them that way.

Seine always has slowdown on certain spots, so much so that I have nicknamed the corner of the road between A and C "The Slowdown." And it will usually occur ~10 seconds after spawn no matter where you are.

Last night, I got banned from a server for killing the owner. PPH2 then hunted him down for a while, killing him repeatedly, taking his tags and teabagging him. He was banned. We left him "cry more" messages and he responded with profanity and teenage rage. I researched the kid and that seems to be his MO. His matches have an inordinate number of opposing players who do not finish the round.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/76301495/2/352453915/

Ah, is that where that comes from? I thought it was because there's a slight grade, lol.

Ah, is that where that comes from? I thought it was because there's a slight grade, lol.

Yep. These are the Seine locations we have nicknames for:

The Slowdown
Van Garage
Big Garage
Magic Garage
Big Apartment
Left Bakery
Right Bakery
Bank
Intersection
Half-Garage
Brown Container
The Plaza
Plaza Steps
A-C Steps
B-D Steps
Flat Iron Building
A-B Tunnel
Russian Steps
Left Apartment
Right Apartment
Flower Shop
Candy Store
Pharmacy
Newsstand

I'm sure it's confusing and ridiculous to everyone else, but it really helps to orient yourself where the enemies are or where you're going. One of the reasons PPH2 and I do so well on that map.

We would've lost that round against Faceless in the cheesemobile if I didn't take the long way around to get his attention off the frontlines with Dan spawning on me. Dunno how Noise and Dan got them but after a hard-fought win on A we take B with like 25 tickets left. After that I think Faceless was too terrified to come to the frontlines since he basically let us just stroll into the last two bases of Norshal. Thanks, duder.

nah, what happened is 3 people including 2 100s joined on your side making it 8 on 11 and then the tide turned pretty fast. i always stay behind the frontlines except for when i see the AMTRAK moving in or if an objective is armed.

JJD

I'm talking about that adamsappel game.

I always thought 500 tickets was the maximum. Never had a game take more than 1 hour a a few minutes.

TheSeks

Holy shit, never knew a BF3 match could take 2 hours!!! o_O

Never been in 500 ticket servers with little to no bleed going on?

@Faceless: Sure, sure. ;) ;)

I know we gained a player advantage, but I dunno if that was the second set. We hard fought by me putting the Amtrack at A and then nearly dying repairing it to keep it alive. Dunno where you were then.

Any tips for Tank Destroyer? The light apc's/destroyer's don't seem to be damaging anything.
I also always end up disabling the vehicle as opposed to destroying it while enemies seem to one shot me.

I have Premium Edition, just started, Engineer Private 3rd class.

JJD

Any tips for Tank Destroyer? The light apc's/destroyer's don't seem to be damaging anything.
I also always end up disabling the vehicle as opposed to destroying it while enemies seem to one shot me.

I have Premium Edition, just started, Engineer Private 3rd class.

Run with reactive armor and guided shells. Smoke helps too.

Just be careful with C4 kamikazes.

I'm talking about that adamsappel game.

I always thought 500 tickets was the maximum. Never had a game take more than 1 hour a a few minutes.

It was a 500% game, which I guess might be 1250 tickets? We were trying for a 100+ kill game. Never again. And to play all that time and lose would be such a waste of time.

TheSeks

No, 500 tickets is 500 tickets. I dunno how consoles are getting 1250 tickets outside of modifying the ticket percentages beyond 500%?

The number of tickets is represented in % (for instance, 250 tickets is 100%). I just joined a 500% server on Metro, and it was 1750 tickets. The total number of tickets will be different over many maps, as 100% starting tickets are not universal.

The number of tickets is represented in %. I just joined a 500% server on Metro, and it was 1750 tickets. The total number of tickets will be different over many maps, as 100% starting tickets are not universal.

This. We played a Rush defense on 500% Metro that took ninety-five minutes. At the first set.

This. We played a Rush defense on 500% Metro that took ninety-five minutes. At the first set.

Damn. That's like the Battlefield version of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

I wish I could play Rush defense on 500% Port Valdez, first set. There wouldn't be a scrap of foliage on the map after I was through.

No, 500 tickets is 500 tickets. I dunno how consoles are getting 1250 tickets outside of modifying the ticket percentages beyond 500%?

its a percentage, so 500% will be 375 (75x5) or 500 (100x5) tickets in Rush and anywhere from 500 (100x5) to 1750 (350x5) in CQ.

yeah, i had a few 2 hour games before on Grand Bazaar defense 400%-500%...

Damn. That's like the Battlefield version of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

I wish I could play Rush defense on 500% Port Valdez, first set. There wouldn't be a scrap of foliage on the map after I was through.

any snow map Rush Defense would be HILARIOUS

White Pass. Nelson Bay. Cold War!

Mahonay

Banned
Been having a lot of fun with BF3 lately, except the part where my 360 constantly locks up.

When I boot the game, sometimes it freezes while attempting to load up the main menu. Happened two times in a row last night.

It happens during games sometimes but not as much it feels like. It doesn't help that this game is inherently hitchy on the 360, as discussed with the Seine Crossing issue. Last time I played Rush on that map, running up to arm the first A M-Com, the LAV blows some crates around that are sitting near the objective. Once they started tumbling around the server nearly crashed. It went to about 2 frames per second for everyone in the game. I feel like this didn't happen before on this map, or maybe I just didn't notice it as much.

Been having a lot of fun with BF3 lately, except the part where my 360 constantly locks up.

When I boot the game, sometimes it freezes while attempting to load up the main menu. Happened two times in a row last night.

It happens during games sometimes but not as much it feels like. It doesn't help that this game is inherently hitchy on the 360, as discussed with the Seine Crossing issue. Last time I played Rush on that map, running up to arm the first A M-Com, the LAV blows some crates around that are sitting near the objective. Once they started tumbling around the server nearly crashed. It went to about 2 frames per second for everyone in the game. I feel like this didn't happen before on this map, or maybe I just didn't notice it as much.

Is the game installed to the HDD? I was having similar issues at the main menu until I uninstalled and ran it from the DVD drive.

Mahonay

Banned
Is the game installed to the HDD? I was having similar issues at the main menu until I uninstalled and ran it from the DVD drive.
Yep, installed to the hard drive. I can manage it freezing up sometimes on the menu if it means faster loading times for maps. Not sure how much of a difference it really is.

Also my poor 360 is on it's last legs. Anything that doesn't require that DVD drive to spin is a good thing.

That happens to me as well. I have an old arcade model, so I have to choose whether to access the built-in memory, hard drive, or cloud storage. After that it would freeze and I had to reset it. I thought I resolved it by not having my controller charger plugged in because I thought maybe it would think it was a usb drive, and it seems to work but I still get freezes only not nearly as frequently.

Yep, installed to the hard drive. I can manage it freezing up sometimes on the menu if it means faster loading times for maps. Not sure how much of a difference it really is.

Also my poor 360 is on it's last legs. Anything that doesn't require that DVD drive to spin is a good thing.

The difference isn't huge. 3-4 seconds at most, but it still loads quick enough to get into a jet on a map like Operation Firestorm.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just started playing again for the first time in months and happened to run into Fersis, Faceless, and Odysseus on the opposing team tonight. I was not expecting to see all those GAF tags all of a sudden. Too bad I'm out of practice and sucked.

TheSeks

OdysseusVA isn't on PS3, I thought?

And Fersis isn't on 360, I thought?

One of these things isn't like the other. One of these things doesn't belong.

OdysseusVA

I just started playing again for the first time in months and happened to run into Fersis, Faceless, and Odysseus on the opposing team tonight. I was not expecting to see all those GAF tags all of a sudden. Too bad I'm out of practice and sucked.

OdysseusVA isn't on PS3, I thought?

And Fersis isn't on 360, I thought?

One of these things isn't like the other. One of these things doesn't belong.

OdysseusVA

DICE heard PS3GAF's outcry for help, so they created an AI based on data collected from my sessions on the 360.

You're welcome, PS3GAF.

TCRS

Banned
+100% rush games are dumb. The attackers will always win because they have all the time in the world. If you want to play 200% rush there should also be two more bombs.

TheSeks

Anything beyond 100% is moronic. No matter the mode.

Mayyyybe CTF (coming soon) and TDM 200-500% is better, but no.

TCRS

Banned
Well I do enjoy 200-300% conquest Bazaar/Seine Crossing/Metro every now and then. And the new maps (Markaz, Epicentre etc.) are always fun on +100%.

+100% rush however doesn't make any sense.

I don't play the other modes. Certainly not TDM, it's boring in BF3.

No_Style

Probably thinking of Olimpia84

I played for the first time in quite some time and fell right back into the groove of things. Like riding a bike I guess. Canals still sucks!

vixlar

+100% rush games are dumb. The attackers will always win because they have all the time in the world. If you want to play 200% rush there should also be two more bombs.
I agree with you. But I was thinking that they should extend the time it lasts to explode when you extend the attackers tickets.

Top Bottom