• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

@Dream

I once saw a lady pouring Coca Cola on her car windshield. When asked why she said it helps you see when it rains, like Rain-X.

So why not make some profit off of your sweet syrup and open up shop at your local gas station. "Rain-X Treatment! $3"

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
In fact, I had this fucking discussion today.

DICE even explained this for the same reason I'm giving you, dude:

DICE said:
Destruction has become a huge part of the Battlefield franchise. It was first introduced in Battlefield: Bad Company and has since then, become a staple part of the franchise. In an interview with IGN, Karl-Magnus Troedsson, General Manager at DICE, revealed that destruction was not originally intended to be a main part of the series. “When we threw in destruction, with having more dynamic environments in there, it actually worked out pretty well by itself.” He continued, “the destruction didn’t really rupture the whole Battlefield system. It actually was just a nice-add on…“

Many fans would agree that it was a very welcome addition in Battlefield: Bad Company 1, which was later improved in Bad Company 2. However, it has introduced other un-anticipated problems along with it as well. For instance, ”there were some maps that actually, after a while, if you played very long in the same area, you’d just grind down everything to the bottom, which made it really hard sometimes for, like, the defenders in a rush map,” said Troedsson himself. ”When we see these things, [we think] okay, we have to add some covers that actually are not destructible.“

http://mp1st.com/2011/09/08/update-dice-clarifies-destruction-in-battlefield-3/ said:
For example, as many of you know, in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, some MCOM stations were inside destruction 2.0 houses which meant that these houses could be completely toppled, thus destroying the MCOM station inside. Some could argue that this was a “cheap” tactic used to destroy these stations, especially when someone could sit at their spawn in a tank with the optic vehicle perk and spam the house from great distances, leaving the defenders rather helpless.

As for the update, in a tweet yesterday, Alan kertz, aka @Demize99 mentioned that “[DICE] decided not to have crates in D2.0 buildings in BF3. But the buildings can still come down.” This seems like a fair decision which could ‘level’ the playing field (excuse the pun). This should also put many Battlefield fan’s worries of there not being any fully destructible buildings to rest.

That's one fix to the issue. Blowing holes in walls also changes the defense/attack dynamic.

You said:
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/lxr2w/what_happened_to_the_whole_you_can_blow_up/c2wfpht)]Why[/url] is something like that unbreakable then : http://i.imgur.com/90NHP.png

Response said:
To ensure that certain areas of the map are covered from certain other areas.

Have you never noticed in all BF games that AT or AA emplacements all have certain bits of terrain right in the way of certain paths?

Its to stop players from getting into 1 position and just destroying anything coming near them, every position needs to have a decent level of vulnerable paths leading to it.

AKA: BALANCE.

Dr Prob

Banned
Playing Kharg Island CQ on the Russian side.

Game is well in hand, so I spawn into a jet (gotta get dat stealth!). But there is a dude in the jet in front of me. Won't move. Finally attempt to nudge him out of the way/go around. This did not end well for me, though it was funny.

So I periodically check in on this dude (he's like level 9001), and he's cockblocking the runway the entire match.

There's probably a way around this and I'm just stupid, but for now: Fuck that guy.

Few matches later, CQ again on Glitch Highway. Match starts, squadmate grabs the T-90 and I'm gunning. He drives past C. Of course, we're going to lock down B. Drives past B. What? Drives straight up the highway, runs into an enemy tank, fails at hitting it AT ALL, we get disabled and he runs away. THEN.

ahem...

THEN, he send me hatemail saying I should play another game because I don't understand Battlefield.

Xbox Live: Catch the fever!

DarkFlow

Banned
Dreamgazer said:
Anyway, I'll load up on codes and give some away this weekend.

While we're at it -

CONTEST:
2 free codes to anyone who can tell me what to do with a bunch of Dr.Peppers that I don't want to drink nor waste.

(ex: feed it to the neighbor's cat.)

>.>

Feed it too a homeless cat.

But really do you like ribs? you can make Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce, I hear it's pretty good.

TheSeks said:
*sigh* Except it does. "Blowing a hole through a thin wall" is part of the sandbox. Destruction is part of of the sandbox. How are you not getting this?
Your argument so far is still based on this question: "And you didn't answer my question: With total destruction in place, how would you balance the sand-box to where it isn't "either/or" for one side if they abuse a tactic?

Why do you assume me blowing a hole in the wall means "either/or" tactics for any side?
Did Dice took away all destruction? No. Did I specifically say it has to be a wall where it would give me instant glorious access to m-coms? No.

Unless they snipe back from the base and take out the MAV. Instead of leveling the cover and giving them no chance to advance, they have the ability to advance after taking out the MAV and suppressing/harassing the sniper to move.

In theory the nerf does balance the game to where it isn't "destroy all the buildings and cover and you win. YAY!" like BC2. I'm all for making the Rush less an either/or experience and DICE thought about this and nerfed the damage for balance reasons. This ties into your want to blow a hole in the wall near the crates. All of a sudden the attackers have a disadvantage in the sandbox because the defense can now see through that wall and see people coming from that hole + other vantage points.

1) Like Nelson Bay, any sandbox/tree clearing tactic can be, and has been, countered by rocketing the machine guns out. That of course, depends entirely on the expertise of the opponent teams. Which again, have happened (and may only be rare for GAF since we don't do clan battle or anything like that.

2)Destroy all buildings and cover is not an instant win for defenders. Isle Innocente second set B has no cover no wall, not an instant win. You talk as if destruction was taken out of m-com's surrounding areas completely. Firestorm first set has a m-com with no cover no wall (a destructible building on the front) and a long ass travel distance for attackers without beacons - not an instant win. Caspin first set has an m-com that sits in a building with destructible wall on all sides. Then there's also highway's 2 set A, 3rd set in the trailer building, all sit in buildings where you can clear all the walls down blah blah blah blah. How come DICE didn't "fix up" that stuff to give attackers more of a chance? (cause they don't need it)

3)See first section. All I'm requesting is to be able to blow up more walls, they can be miles away from the m-com for all I care - but at least it gives me varieties/new ways to think about my approach.

Rocket = Destroy claymores in explosive splash damage. Walk slow->Claymore doesn't blow up. You light up like a Christmas tree but throwing a grenade rocket doesn't explode the claymore either. There is two counters right there.

Yes, except there's also a support, in prone on top of the crate box waiting for you to get to top of the stairs so he can just shoot you. The claymore is only a backup.

YOU ARE DODGING THE QUESTION! I'm asking you, since in this question it is YOUR job to balance the sandbox. HOW WOULD YOU BALANCE THE SANDBOX. If you don't give an answer to this this time you prove my point you have no answer to it and DICE is in the right to nerf the damage to make it less an either/or rounds for attack/defense.
Okay?
Let's assume it's not super unfair, one-side win-all-the-time tactic. Just some tactic where attackers can somehow have the freedom to attack from all 360 degrees + open air crates (ex: Atacama rush). What do we do? we balance the game by staying near m-coms, effectively use the surrounding buildings, gadgets and play all classes. That's how we balanced it out.

Now, how would I, a non-designer balance the sandbox assuming that there existed some super unfair, one-sided, non-glitched tactic that would instantly guarantee a win?
I can't. Does that answer your question? However, when have it ever been so "either/or" in your memory? can you name a map on bc2 where we just got shutdown/shutdown by someone else completely no matter what? Even when white pass wasn't fixed we have still manged to win it.

If that along with all the other examples I've listed where BF3 STILL HAS DESTRUCTION AROUND M-Com doesn't answer you, then you got to clarify your question.

Oh, and that "nerf" to White Pass in all actually swung the balance from attack to defense. Instead of collapsing buildings in two minutes, the defense sets up building collapses, removes cover and wins the game at the second or third set because the defense can't even get close to arm and/or damage the crates. White Pass is still broken in that sense.
Yes, therefore we have never won white pass as attackers after the nerf or ever lose it either. I hardly recall when we ever said "oh shit white pass we're doomed/rage quit". If anything that title usually was given to Nelson Bay or Cold War

Because they made the cover indestructable! What do you think would happen if the attackers/defense blew that cover up around the crates? Exactly what I'm getting at. A total shutdown. The attackers couldn't get close and flush the enemy out. The defense has an advantage in shutting the attackers down by having line of sight.

Again: Answer the question. How would you balance the sandbox for total leveling to be in the game to where it doesn't absolutely shutdown games to an advantage on either/or's side. If you don't answer you're proving me right. And don't dodge the question with examples of "rare" surprises because that's just it: Rare.

Again, tons m-coms in this game are still around destructible or even open environments.
Line of sight does not guarantee win.

The balancing question: see previous section.
Also I can't do anything about rare surprises. Like others have complained before, we mostly play against shitty randoms half the time. That doesn't mean I can comfortably accept defeat when those rare moments pop up (a.k.a. "hey how come none of you are at the m-com" moments.

TheSeks said:
Quote 1
Quote 2

Quote 1:
Again, I don't see how being able to blow certain walls is somehow wrong.
BC2 had indestructible walls also. It's not like I'm asking for destruction to a point where I can create a sinkhole to sink the m-com into.

Quote 2:
I already said I'm not advocating for m-coms in destruction 2.0 buildings (like multiple times). Quote 2 is moot point.

Part 3:
Changing attacker/defender dynamic add variety to the game.
I don't see how not having the ability to grind certain environments will somehow make tactics on certain maps more variable and less static.

Your last "AKA: Balance" part:
See quote 1 response.

Ketch

Dreamgazer said:
Anyway, I'll load up on codes and give some away this weekend.

While we're at it -

CONTEST:
2 free codes to anyone who can tell me what to do with a bunch of Dr.Peppers that I don't want to drink nor waste.

>.>

Start a forest fire.
also, be a redneck
Dr. Pepper Goes BOOM

Dr Prob said:
Game is well in hand, so I spawn into a jet (gotta get dat stealth!). But there is a dude in the jet in front of me. Won't move. Finally attempt to nudge him out of the way/go around. This did not end well for me, though it was funny.

There's probably a way around this and I'm just stupid, but for now: Fuck that guy.

This has happened to me, if you go slightly left you can take off off the side even though it doesn't look like there's room. Did you try blowing him up?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dreamgazer said:
Your argument so far is still based on this question: "And you didn't answer my question: With total destruction in place, how would you balance the sand-box to where it isn't "either/or" for one side if they abuse a tactic?

Why do you assume me blowing a hole in the wall means "either/or" tactics for any side?
Did Dice took away all destruction? No. Did I specifically say it has to be a wall where it would give me instant glorious access to m-coms? No.

Except in the sandbox near that M-COM, it does. You are just one person. Add in the whole team blowing up cover and you get what I'm getting at. Leveling the area around the M-COM makes it tough for the attackers to get close. Since rocketspam has been reduced to no damage, how would the attackers get close if the defense has a 360 degree view of the M-COM because they blew up all the cover around it? Yeah, that's right, they couldn't.

1) Like Nelson Bay, any sandbox/tree clearing tactic can be, and has been, countered by rocketing the machine guns out. That of course, depends entirely on the expertise of the opponent teams.

You can't hit one of those machine guns due to the rock. UAV? Two machine gunners can take it out.

Which again, have happened (and may only be rare for GAF since we don't do clan battle or anything like that.

...Which is what I'm getting at. Let's continue.

2)Destroy all buildings and cover is not an instant win for defenders. Isle Innocente second set B has no cover no wall, not an instant win. You talk as if destruction was taken out of m-com's surrounding areas completely.

Because it does. Level an area a good amount and you'll have a really good view of the crate to where getting at it other than rocket spam is tough and damn near impossible for non-organized clan teams. This ties into the above... let's continue:

Firestorm first set has a m-com with no cover no wall (a destructible building on the front) and a long ass travel distance for attackers without beacons - not an instant win.

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding, because they have to travel around the rocks and those rock faces don't give the defense a 360 degree view of their advance in general unless the defense spreads out.

Caspin first set has an m-com that sits in a building with destructible wall on all sides.

Which I'd done and gone on to hold to great success because the attackers can't even reach it.

Then there's also highway's 2 set A, 3rd set in the trailer building, all sit in buildings where you can clear all the walls down blah blah blah blah. How come DICE didn't "fix up" that stuff to give attackers more of a chance? (cause they don't need it)

Because they have the tanks in those sections and thus can punch through the defense and reach those crates. You're looking at this from a "derp vehicles solve all issues" perspective instead of the bigger picture:

3)See first section. All I'm requesting is to be able to blow up more walls, they can be miles away from the m-com for all I care - but at least it gives me varieties/new ways to think about my approach.

Okay, but those holes tie into the sandbox which is what I'm getting at.

Yes, except there's also a support, in prone on top of the crate box waiting for you to get to top of the stairs so he can just shoot you. The claymore is only a backup.

And a rocket splash damage will get him as well. Point being? Chokeholds can be taken down with rocket spam. Just see Metro B chokepoint. Unless the attackers flank and the defense doesn't have people in that flank area, the B hallway is rocket spam central. Impossible to take unless you have someone dodge the rockets, throw a rocket down that hallway and take three defenders out.

Now, how would I, a non-designer balance the sandbox assuming that there existed some super unfair, one-sided, non-glitched tactic that would instantly guarantee a win?
I can't. Does that answer your question?
However, when have it ever been so "either/or" in your memory? can you name a map on bc2 where we just got shutdown/shutdown by someone else completely no matter what? Even when white pass wasn't fixed we have still manged to win it.

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding. You just proved my point and DICE needed to nerf. There is no viable answer to total destruction in the gameplay balance sense for the sandbox.

Also I can name numerous maps for total cover destroy:

-Nelson Bay Rush Second Set if not the first set, remove the trees it's a march of death and generally will shut down the attackers.
-Port Valadez First Set, rush up, remove trees. Lay AT mines. Shut down. If not there, second set. Remove cover, watch the attackers rocket spam (and get lucky), they'll take the base. Otherwise shutdown.
-Ilsa Innocentes (IIRC the fall helicopter map), first set. Take out cover: Shutdown. Unless the attackers rocket spam the objectives or areas we are in to harass us.
-Cold War: Destroy buildings and the trees and attackers have a hard time reaching us. They can get into cubby holes in the collapsed buildings, sure. But it's still damn near impossible and a ticket drain to get that far. SHUTDOWN.

That's four right there. I could provide more but my brain is nearly going to shut down from needing to go to bed. But you get my point: Remove trees/cover and the attackers have no chance of reaching the defense vice versa for the defense and getting UAV/C4/rocket spammed by good attackers.

Yes, therefore we have never won white pass as attackers after the nerf or ever lose it either. I hardly recall when we ever said "oh shit white pass we're doomed/rage quit". If anything that title usually was given to Nelson Bay or Cold War

Whoosh goes the point when you're providing these "well, we won on these so they can't be totally broken, gosh!" defenses.

Again, tons m-coms in this game are still around destructible or even open environments.
Line of sight does not guarantee win.

Except against Organized Clans (AKA: GAF) it does. Destroying the cover and buildings gave attackers/defense a greater line of sight therefor spotting is easier shooting spotted enemies is easier ergo "shut down" in the big picture.

DICE added indestructible cover around these areas for that reason: To give the defense/attackers a chance to punch through and hold an area against organized clans/groups. And it was sorely needed. Do you honestly think the people on the end of my C4 trolling on Port Valadez had fun when all of us rushed up toed the out of bounds line and proceeded to mow them down from where they spawned with no chance of defense? No. And that's what I'm getting at: In the bigger picture allowing you to blow holes in all the walls opens up the possibility to "level the whole fucking map" because it's either/all for the sandbox. They could allow holes in certain areas, sure. But that also opens up line of sight in those areas and also runs into "how can we shutdown line of sight and too great an advantage here" problems.

This is what I'm getting at: Against higher-skill players, total destruction was the most effective tactic for defense/attack to win rounds. And, yes, it did make the game "either/or" depending on which side you were on that was doing that tactic. It broke the game, DICE agreed and thus the nerfed damage. If you don't like/see this point, then simply go back to BC2 where you can have helicopters collapse buildings and then proceed to lay waste to the defense that is unlucky enough to spawn in the open and have no cover to get into to avoid massive air rape.

Ketch

Mikasangelos said:
XBOX patch just went live apparently. Rubberbanding fix, lag fix, ect.

Did we totally gloss over this? Is there a press release or blog post or patch notes or something? Is PS3 patched too?

What's going on? Have my answers been prayerd?

DarkFlow

Banned
EasyTGT said:
Did we totally gloss over this? Is there a press release or blog post or patch notes or something? Is PS3 patched too?

What's going on? Have my answers been prayerd?
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654774367328045/

Dear everyone!

We have made some fixes and because sharing is caring, we would like to share these changes we are deploying with you.

This is a server patch which means that you don´t have to update anything on your client.
These are the fixes :)

- Fix for rubber banding
- TDM/SQDM spawn point fix
- crash fixes in end of round
- Fix for connection problem when joining password protected servers

We will deploy these fixes at 09:00 CET which is 8:00 GMT and midnight pacific time on the 3rd of November.

These changes have already made their way to the PC so this time it´s going out for Xbox 360 and PS3.

basically whenever the cover surrounding an mcom was leveled it became incredibly hard to get a plant on it. At that point your only options were to either push the defending team to the back of their base and keep them suppressed to land a plant or cheese with the c4 in some way. So I understand why destruction was scaled back, but at the same time Dice placing the mcoms near the middle of the base on most maps helped contribute to how vulnerable the attackers were when trying to plant. No cover plus being exposed on all sides while trying to plant......... yeah, not easy.

olimpia84 said:
Good thing you didn't end up connecting again. For some reason part of the team kept quitting, the other part didn't know that Conquest is about capture and control of the flags and some others think it's a great idea to take the jet for a ride when you're down on tickets. The only one helping me out was renderman but since he's fairly new to the game he's still getting used to the maps and mechanics. CatP was on for a while but don't know what happened to him. Boaattack: please, when we're down on tickets don't fly the goddamn jet because it's not helping the cause.

*sigh* I gave it all, got MVP ribbons in all them rounds for nothing...so frustrating. To top it all , some other good non-gaffers that I know (CSEVEN and Wolfen) joined...but on the other team! And Bruiserk kept doing a good job defending flags with vehicles so I couldn't do anything. Great!

Good games to gaffers I haven't played with to realize they are gaffers tonite and the usual crew. Sort of getting a hang of the mechanics of the game. Aiming has gotten better. Just need to learn the maps. I know i was a points fest for the opposing team lol. Did what I can, playing mostly medic to be most helpful, to learn the game, and then if we need to spawn closer to the enemy, radio spawn point.

What level can I unlock the red dot scope? the 4x/8x optics are a lil bit much for me.

For the mobile spawn point, is only for the squad or for the whole team to use?

Dr Prob

Banned
EasyTGT said:
This has happened to me, if you go slightly left you can take off off the side even though it doesn't look like there's room.

Thank you sir, I'll keep that in mind.

Still, fuck that dude. Wasn't idle, or he'd have been kicked. Hope he spills something on himself or stubs a toe.

TheSeks said:
Except in the sandbox near that M-COM, it does. You are just one person. Add in the whole team blowing up cover and you get what I'm getting at. Leveling the area around the M-COM makes it tough for the attackers to get close. Since rocketspam has been reduced to no damage, how would the attackers get close if the defense has a 360 degree view of the M-COM because they blew up all the cover around it? Yeah, that's right, they couldn't.

Again, Atacama. Arica, nelson (no tanks btw) blah blah blah.

You can't hit one of those machine guns due to the rock. UAV? Two machine gunners can take it out.

Having gotten rid of the other 3 is already enough. The one covered by the rock can be taken out by mortars (done it)

Because it does. Level an area a good amount and you'll have a really good view of the crate to where getting at it other than rocket spam is tough and damn near impossible for non-organized clan teams. This ties into the above... let's continue:
Already said I can't do anything about opponents being non-organized.
GAF is still steam rolling in general also.

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding, because they have to travel around the rocks and those rock faces don't give the defense a 360 degree view of their advance in general unless the defense spreads out.
Once you get pass the hill everyone can see you advancing. It's not like harvest day where you can travel out of bounds and directly into the backside and land right near the m-com. There's still a good strip for the tank to travel/dodge mines.

Because they have the tanks in those sections and thus can punch through the defense and reach those crates. You're looking at this from a "derp vehicles solve all issues" perspective instead of the bigger picture:

derp vehicles don't arm m-coms, people do. You're the one not seeing the bigger picture.
Those 2 sets are still completely 360 viewable.

Okay, but those holes tie into the sandbox which is what I'm getting at.
Still not getting what you're getting at. You couldn't destroy everything in BC1, you couldn't destroy everything in bc2, no one expecting you to be able to do so in BF3. This isn't "all sandbox or no sandbox"

And a rocket splash damage will get him as well. Point being? Chokeholds can be taken down with rocket spam. Just see Metro B chokepoint. Unless the attackers flank and the defense doesn't have people in that flank area, the B hallway is rocket spam central. Impossible to take unless you have someone dodge the rockets, throw a rocket down that hallway and take three defenders out.
2nd floor b hall way is already rocket spam central for gaf, so good luck having the attackers get near. Those that get near still can't rocket spam the support sitting in the garage diagonally watching the center entrance (and alerted by the properly placed t-ugs that is sitting behind the indestructible crates.. We're also assuming that there isn't just 3 supports in the whole game, and some how the attackers have magically gathered themselves at all 3 entrances. (which if they do, is wonderful knife heaven for anyone outside.) Only way to really do is to have bunch of engineers flood through 1-2 entrance, take out the 3 supports, immediately destroy the beacon and t-ugs and then set up similar environment in camp. That, goes back to your "rare" situations that I can't use.

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding. You just proved my point and DICE needed to nerf. There is no viable answer to total destruction in the gameplay balance sense for the sandbox.

Also I can name numerous maps for total cover destroy:

-Nelson Bay Rush Second Set if not the first set, remove the trees it's a march of death and generally will shut down the attackers.
-Port Valadez First Set, rush up, remove trees. Lay AT mines. Shut down. If not there, second set. Remove cover, watch the attackers rocket spam (and get lucky), they'll take the base. Otherwise shutdown.
-Ilsa Innocentes (IIRC the fall helicopter map), first set. Take out cover: Shutdown. Unless the attackers rocket spam the objectives or areas we are in to harass us.
-Cold War: Destroy buildings and the trees and attackers have a hard time reaching us. They can get into cubby holes in the collapsed buildings, sure. But it's still damn near impossible and a ticket drain to get that far. SHUTDOWN.

That's four right there. I could provide more but my brain is nearly going to shut down from needing to go to bed. But you get my point: Remove trees/cover and the attackers have no chance of reaching the defense vice versa for the defense and getting UAV/C4/rocket spammed by good attackers.

Whoosh goes the point when you're providing these "well, we won on these so they can't be totally broken, gosh!" defenses.

There is a valid answer, which is called make certain things destructible and certain things not in your map design (omg a concept since bc1.)

Oh wait, whoosh goes that point also cause you want to deny me of that argument. Like I said, u want more indestructible, fine. That has nothing to do with taking the ability for me to blow a wall somewhere else. Also, it's not totally broken - I freaking look forward to those games where the other party is a challenge.

Except against Organized Clans (AKA: GAF) it does. Destroying the cover and buildings gave attackers/defense a greater line of sight therefor spotting is easier shooting spotted enemies is easier ergo "shut down" in the big picture.

DICE added indestructible cover around these areas for that reason: To give the defense/attackers a chance to punch through and hold an area against organized clans/groups. And it was sorely needed. Do you honestly think the people on the end of my C4 trolling on Port Valadez had fun when all of us rushed up toed the out of bounds line and proceeded to mow them down from where they spawned with no chance of defense? No. And that's what I'm getting at: In the bigger picture allowing you to blow holes in all the walls opens up the possibility to "level the whole fucking map" because it's either/all for the sandbox. They could allow holes in certain areas, sure. But that also opens up line of sight in those areas and also runs into "how can we shutdown line of sight and too great an advantage here" problems.

This is what I'm getting at: Against higher-skill players, total destruction was the most effective tactic for defense/attack to win rounds. And, yes, it did make the game "either/or" depending on which side you were on that was doing that tactic. It broke the game, DICE agreeded and thus the nerfed damage. If you don't like/see this point, then simply go back to BC2 where you can have helicopters collapse buildings and then proceed to lay waste to the defense that is unlucky enough to spawn in the open and have no cover to get into to avoid massive air rape.

Do you think people have fun coming down Damavand Peak with only 2 entrances and a mav up? or how about firestorm where no matter what the defense will eventually see you (compared to say arica where there's a bunch of broken vehicles around to cover you). Yeah sure, you can shoot the mav down, etc. The opponents could have also easily killed you before you get to destroy any trees. It's not like you get to C4 valdez right off the bat or something. I can't do anything about the opponents being crap on either bc2 or bf3, and they have no chance when they're crap either way.

It's not as if GAF stopped steamrolling when it came to BF3 or everyone's w/l dropped significantly or anything.
It's not as the nerfing of destruction stopped us from coming with shutdown tactics that can get rid of 95% of the competition out there.

Nerfing almost every destruction out there was not the end all be all situation to somehow make this anymore balanced.

DarkFlow83 said:
Feed it too a homeless cat.

But really do you like ribs? you can make Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce, I hear it's pretty good.

I really like this one, but that requires too much extra effort lol.
Feeding it to a homeless cat will either 1) not result in anything since cats can't taste sweetness 2)murder since cats can get diabetes mad easy.

Ketch

duracell017 said:
Good games to gaffers I haven't played with to realize they are gaffers tonite and the usual crew. Sort of getting a hang of the mechanics of the game. Aiming has gotten better. Just need to learn the maps. I know i was a points fest for the opposing team lol. Did what I can, playing mostly medic to be most helpful, to learn the game, and then if we need to spawn closer to the enemy, radio spawn point.

What level can I unlock the red dot scope? the 4x/8x optics are a lil bit much for me.

For the mobile spawn point, is only for the squad or for the whole team to use?

Weapon unlocks are weapon dependent, 10 kills for an ACOG scope, 50 for red dot I think. Pretty sure mobile spawn point is for the whole team but I could be wrong.

Dr Prob said:
Thank you sir, I'll keep that in mind.

Still, fuck that dude. Wasn't idle, or he'd have been kicked. Hope he spills something on himself or stubs a toe.

Yea which is why I was wondering if you tried to blow him up, both times it happened to me there was no one in the front jet.

Edit:

Also, I think an answer to the total destruction issue could be letting only certain weapons destroy terrain and then not letting ammo bags refill those weapons, balancing the number of explosions it takes to take down certain walls/terrain features... or something. If you want to allow total destruction you need to make using total destruction less of a viable tactic to winning... one way you can do that would be by limiting how easy it is to destroy everything. Longer matches would still be affected, but it wouldn't be as prevalent, and the mechanic could create a sort of "soft" match time limit. Just an idea.

DarkFlow

Banned
Oh does anyone have a extra Warfare Pack code for ps3 they would like to trade for a Best buy pre-order skins code. They sent me a extra one.

EasyTGT said:
Weapon unlocks are weapon dependent, 10 kills for an ACOG scope, 50 for red dot I think. Pretty sure mobile spawn point is for the whole team but I could be wrong.

It was for the beta, but now mobile spawn points is squad only.

I should be getting my internet connections repaired soon-ish. Until then i can't play this online properly as there are too many disconnections and it's frustrating as hell.

Working off some singleplayer games in the meantime, then i can focus on BF again.

Daigoro

got my power back on after 4 days of sitting in the dark without heat (i was on vacation for 2 days as well lol).

cant wait to play some BF3 again. hope this shit stays on!

missing: handgun, sniper rifle, pdw, suppression, stationary, mcom defender, tdm, tdm winner, sdm, sdm winner.

Rjsur.png

The Faceless Master said:
missing: handgun, sniper rifle, pdw, suppression, stationary, mcom defender, tdm, tdm winner, sdm, sdm winner.

Nice :D i got all the gun/melee ribbons by playing a couple matches of TDM. As its more in line of just hunting down players in close quarters and racking up those kills.

Daigoro said:
cant wait to play some BF3 again. hope this shit stays on!

It should and just get better as soon as all the scrubs move on to COD

deano469

Neo Member
Spent a bit of time playing Recon last night and just can't get the hang of having to hold L3 down to steady the scope, if i unlock the bipod does it get rid of the need to steady the scope or does it just reduce it a bit? Was a really good sniper on BC2 but cant't hit a barn door on BF3.

Jas

Slacker :p

As far as medals go anyone else notice they have 50 win medals for squad deathmatch, squad rush, and team deathmatch?
Not a chance in hell I will ever earn them.

Jas said:
Slacker :p

As far as medals go anyone else notice they have 50 win medals for squad deathmatch, squad rush, and team deathmatch?
Not a chance in hell I will ever earn them.
Squad Rush i'd have fun doing... the others... well, i haven't even played them yet!

kinda like i've not used a PDW or sniper rifle outside of picking one up from a dropped enemy kit when i'm low on ammo.

kinda like i've not used a PDW or sniper rifle outside of picking one up from a dropped enemy kit when i'm low on ammo.

I used PDWs and sniper rifles without scopes on Recon because i don't usually play that class. Give it a whirl in Team Deathmatch!

so far, i've only really used the DAO-12 with recons

Sniper rifles without scopes are good on all distances. And PDW's on single shot firemode can be pretty broken too as there is like zero bullet drop :p

So have the rubberbanding issues been addressed with today's server update?

The rubberbanding on 360 is what BC2 was at launch=renders the game unplayable for me.

Miggytronz

Dreamgazer said:
CONTEST:

>.>

Take a ham.....put in pan.....fill with Dr.Pepper.....add pineapple chucks and tooth pick the to the ham.....slow roast on 350 for an hour......turn as necessary.....ENJOY Juicy goodness.

Jas

Vasilisk said:
This morning finally I received THE package.. later when I'm back home I'll see you bitches in the battlefield :D

hooah :)

As far as PDWs go I use the UMP-45 a lot because it's decent at mid-range.

deano469 said:
Spent a bit of time playing Recon last night and just can't get the hang of having to hold L3 down to steady the scope, if i unlock the bipod does it get rid of the need to steady the scope or does it just reduce it a bit? Was a really good sniper on BC2 but cant't hit a barn door on BF3.

Bipods deployed will completely steady the scope.

but...don't be a sniper recon.

Woorloog

Banned
Dreamgazer said:
Bipods deployed will completely steady the scope.

If i play a Recon, i'm a (semi-auto) sniper (i do use spawn beacon and SOFLAM/MAV once i unlock those). Otherwise i stick to other classes, like Support with PDW who has C4...
Frankly, BF3 classes are a bit badly thought out i think. Two classes can't do anything about vehicles and are limited otherwise as well. One class is jack of all trades, master of everything. One is not quite as versatile...

olimpia84

Woorloog said:
If i play a Recon, i'm a (semi-auto) sniper (i do use spawn beacon and SOFLAM/MAV once i unlock those). Otherwise i stick to other classes, like Support with PDW who has C4...
Frankly, BF3 classes are a bit badly thought out i think. Two classes can't do anything about vehicles and are limited otherwise as well. One class is jack of all trades, master of everything. One is not quite as versatile...

In Conquest, with the exception of Op. Metro and perhaps Seine Crossing, all you need is the Engineer class. I hate it but that's the way it goes so I find myself playing engineer most of the time =/

deano469

Neo Member
Dreamgazer said:

Haha, was waiting for that one! Cheers for the info Dreamgazer, im not a sniper recon, usually play assault recon with the UMP 45 but if there is a game with a lot of snipers on, its nice to equip a sniper rifle and pick them off so that i can push forward.

red731

So I watched the trailer for Ace Of Valor and color me impressed, I cant wait till it is cinemas!
And...I cant redeem the codes on psn saying they are wrong or long gone. Well, I will wait and try again.

olimpia84

Forgot to mention that last night I unlocked the all-mighty USAS-12 (my favorite weapon in BC2, over 12,000 kills). I like it way better than the SAIGA so far; it has a better rate of fire but unfortunately it's not very effective in medium range like it used to be in BC2 :(

Once I unlock the other type of rounds and the extended mag things should get even more interesting.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
olimpia84 said:
Forgot to mention that last night I unlocked the all-mighty USAS-12 (my favorite weapon in BC2, over 12,000 kills). I like it way better than the SAIGA so far; it has a better rate of fire but unfortunately it's not very effective in medium range like it used to be in BC2 :(

Once I unlock the other type of rounds and the extended mag things should get even more interesting.

I think this game is going to be so broken in a couple months as a result of high-lvl unlocks...

Top Bottom