• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

FOR FUCKS SAKE USE FUCKING SMOKE, PLOW YOUR WAY TRHOUGH WITH THE LAVS AND T90S THE OTHER TEAM ARE A BUNCH OF SCRUBS

USE SMOKE GAF USE SMOKE GAF USE SMOKE GAF USE SMOKE GAF USE SMOKE GAF

Mahonay

Banned
FOR FUCKS SAKE USE FUCKING SMOKE, PLOW YOUR WAY TRHOUGH WITH THE LAVS AND T90S THE OTHER TEAM ARE A BUNCH OF SCRUBS

I was playing with GAF the other night on 360 and we were smoking our way to victory. Completely just bum rushing the shit out of the other team. It's a fun way to play the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

You're right. I dunno why I didn't think of smoke, but smoke wouldn't have helped that Conquest round I yelled at you two. I kept getting mown from all angles while you two were up at A/B. A/B is nice and all but D spawns an LAV and C is close to our spawn, defending those should be a bit of a priority.

olimpia84

You're right. I dunno why I didn't think of smoke, but smoke wouldn't have helped that Conquest round I yelled at you two. I kept getting mown from all angles while you two were up at A/B. A/B is nice and all but D spawns an LAV and C is close to our spawn, defending those should be a bit of a priority.

Alpha spawns their tank. I stole it twice and by the second time they didn't have any heavy ground vehicles and it was game over. And the fact that C and D are the closest flags to our base is exactly why I usually go for A and B.

JJD

Usually I prioritize the most central flags, the ones that strategically allow you to quickly get to any other flag.

My most important flags per map (Vanilla):

Metro - B
Damavand - B
Grand Bazaar - B
Kharg - B and C
Noshar - C or A (preferably C)
Firestorm - B
Seine - C
Tehran - B
Caspian - C and A or D (the one nearest to enemy base because of the tank spawn)

I'm mostly and infantry player so if my team holds these flags I can spawn and quickly get to the others.

On B2K maps as you said flags that spawns vehicles are something that needs to be taken into consideration specially if you're playing Conquest Assault since they are the only way defenders can get vehicles in some maps:

Flags that spawn vehicles >> Central Flags >>>>>>>>>>> All the others.

Wake is the exception since every flag gets a vehicle, but still C is the most important one because of it's central location and jet and chopper spawn.

I miss playing with you guys... =(

Edit: Man I never get into those piss contests but 360 GAF is salty! Lololol! I welcome you all to make the jump next gen! Lol!

Edit: Man I never get into those piss contests but 360 GAF is salty! Lololol! I welcome you all to make the jump next gen! Lol!

I'm generally curious. This gen I pretty much quit gaming, all except for Battlefield, so I've never even sniffed a PS3. I'm imagining Socom's 5-second push button chat system.

Don't act like directing someone to use smoke, on a web forum, isn't a little weird. That's like the real-life equivalent of using a carrier pigeon.

JJD

I'm generally curious. This gen I pretty much quit gaming, all except for Battlefield, so I've never even sniffed a PS3. I'm imagining Socom's 5-second push button chat system.

Don't act like directing someone to use smoke, on a web forum, isn't a little weird.

I thought that game was already over and he was just ranting?

But anyway, PS3 BF3 has team chat. If you have that option enabled anyone on the team outside of your squad can hear you if they have that enabled too.

If 8 guys from PS3 GAF play together on the same team they can communicate between themselves if they want (but most of our guys don't like or are not used to talk much! Lol).

Do you know the meaning? I'm not seeing it.

I know the meaning. Felt appropriate to me, sorry.

TheSeks

Oh, hey, what do you know THEIR team goes to B first. :|

*This is why people should let me be squad leader and order things. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.*

I thought that game was already over and he was just ranting?
Well, it seems like they didn't use smoke so did he not get the message across during the game? Or did they not obey?

But anyway, PS3 BF3 has team chat. If you have that option enabled anyone on the team outside of your squad can hear you if they have that enabled too.

If 8 guys from PS3 GAF play together on the same team they can communicate between themselves if they want (but most of our guys don't like or are not used to talk much! Lol).

I know the meaning. Felt appropriate to me, sorry.
I see, so they can't lock down the chat to just Gaffers like Party Chat on 360.

Oh, hey, what do you know THEIR team goes to B first. :|

*This is why people should let me be squad leader and order things. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.*

You should be able to single-handedly capture Bravo and maintain it while waiting for the rest of your team to arrive. The blame lies solely on you.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I see, so they can't lock down the chat to just Gaffers like Party Chat on 360.

Nope. And team chat kinda sucks since any random on TC can sing into their mics or whatever else and you cannot even mute them, because it still doesn't work. :/

TheSeks

Alpha spawns their tank. I stole it twice and by the second time they didn't have any heavy ground vehicles and it was game over. And the fact that C and D are the closest flags to our base is exactly why I usually go for A and B.

Out flag is always > their flag. Our flag spawns vehicles just as important as theirs. If they take our flag, they take our back-up, they take our back-up, we can't help you. Even if it's "closer to home" if they're taking our flags that means we lose vehicles as soon as they take yours.

And that last round Faceless and Kuri is REASON #1 WHY WE LOSE: KIT ITEMS. KIT ITEMS! KIT ITEMS!

*someone throws ammo box down*

grenade grenade grenade grenade grenade

5 tickets left, they throw ammo box somewhere else

*EOD Bot comes in and Arms. Try to disarm get taken out by an RPG WHEN I HAVE A FUCKING TACTICAL POSITION AND LOCKDOWN ON THE AREA*

*They win*

Out flag is always > their flag. Our flag spawns vehicles just as important as theirs. If they take our flag, they take our back-up, they take our back-up, we can't help you. Even if it's "closer to home" if they're taking our flags that means we lose vehicles as soon as they take yours.

And that last round Faceless and Kuri is REASON #1 WHY WE LOSE: KIT ITEMS. KIT ITEMS! KIT ITEMS!

*someone throws ammo box down*

grenade grenade grenade grenade grenade

5 tickets left, they throw ammo box somewhere else

*EOD Bot comes in and Arms. Try to disarm get taken out by an RPG WHEN I HAVE A FUCKING TACTICAL POSITION AND LOCKDOWN ON THE AREA*

*They win*

i liked the part where i clearly emptied a full mag into the EOD bot in controlled bursts but it didn't get destroyed.

olimpia84

Well, it seems like they didn't use smoke so did he not get the message across during the game? Or did they not obey?

Headset was charging but it wasn't really needed since I did get my message across during the game. I armed pretty much every mcom up to the last set by smoking the living crap out of the other team. Throughout the entire game they didn't place a single C4 trap or Claymore on they mcoms, they were just good at 'camping' near them but got all confused every time smoke was used.

TheSeks

i liked the part where i clearly emptied a full mag into the EOD bot in controlled bursts but it didn't get destroyed.

Probably the Boricua's. There was like 4 of them deep. And I'm so pissed we lost that round because I saw the EOD coming up, wanted to throw a grenade and the ammo box that was sitting there for a good five minutes resupplying my grenade wasn't there for me to destroy it.

Ugh. I can't count on people at times.

@Olimpia: Yeah, I noticed they weren't there until I armed. I took A second set Sharqi but got taken out because they'd come running. You're right on the smoke there. I should've smoked but they'd probably have taken me out while arming then.

Headset was charging but it wasn't really needed since I did get my message across during the game. I armed pretty much every mcom up to the last set by smoking the living crap out of the other team. Throughout the entire game they didn't place a single C4 trap or Claymore on they mcoms, they were just good at 'camping' near them but got all confused every time smoke was used.

It's a double edged sword because it's very helpful in arming the mcmom but once it's armed, you can't see and shoot people disarming unless you're right next to it.

TheSeks

:lol But still, I'm angry over that loss. I HAD IT! I HAD IT! We would've gotten away with it too, it wasn't for those meddling randoms throwing their kit item somewhere else. UGH!

TCRS

Banned
C is the least important point on Seine. Get A, B and D and then trap the other guys on C. For some reason the team with point C keeps respawning there lol. Best way to play that map.

TheSeks

Please elaborate?

On Seine C is the flag I try the hardest to hold regardless of the team I'm playing.

Attackers always go for C and the three ways are funnels. It's not important. D/B are. A is secondary in those cases.

Evolved1

C gives too much advantage to the defenders... they have high ground and/or chokepoints that make it very easy to hold and difficult to capture. So let them have it.

Hold B/D at all costs and take the main fight to A.

People who burn through so many tickets banging their head against the wall that is C are quite aggravating.

I mean if you can take take it pretty easy, fine. But to actually fight for C? Lol... nope.

imo

Overdoziz

Banned
C is especially important for the team that spawns near the river. It opens up a proper way to D which is otherwise much harder to capture if you're only approach is from B. For the team spawning near the bank (?) having C is still important, but not as essential for capping D because they still have relatively well protected routes towards that capture point.

I really wish I had a competitive team to play with from launch. Right I'm fairly clueless to a lot of call-outs, strategies and some basic knowledge because I've only recently started playing BF3 with GAFfers.

JJD

I don't understand your arguments guys. Most of you are saying you leave C for last because it's the most difficult/annoying flag to capture. Shouldn't that make it your first priority? So you can more easily defend it instead of having a hard time attacking it?

If you're having an easy game then fine, get all the other flags, funnel the enemy team into C and swarm then. You're already going to win regardless of capture order.

But if you're having a hard, competitive game you won't be able to trap the enemy there and you'll be fighting for the other flags as well. Tactically C is the best flag to hold. It's the easier flag to defend, it's the only flag on the map that can't be captured by a tank and it will allow quicker access to all the other flags comparatively.

The fact that it's easily the best flag to guard and the most central one compared to others makes it the best one to hold IMO. Even if it makes it a priority to me I can understand if you're saying that it is a trap or hard to capture so you'll leave it for last, but saying it is the least important is something I can't agree at all.

A is the least important to me, followed by D and B. Regardless of which side I'm playing. C >> B >>>> D > A.

As it is with most BF3 maps the russian spawn is usually far better than the US one.

From my experience, on close competitive games were both teams are more or less equal skill wise usually the team that holds C wins the game and that's because all the other flags are easier to capture (including by tanks) and are constantly being disputed. That's why I make C my priority on those games.

Search for tournament games played by rival gaming and you'll see that they prioritize C above all the others.

Evolved1

Karkand is the most played by far... Aftermath is hit and miss and played less than B2K... and Armored Kill is just too big for console player count. It's rarely played.

Close Quarters doesn't allow 12v12, so it cannot be added to normal server rotation without crippling player count ever further. So NO ONE adds CQ maps to normal servers. If you want to play CQ you have to join a server just for that, and they are more and more rare.

Too bad, cause honestly I think DICE made some pretty cool maps for it, but for whatever reason no 12v12 which is pretty damn stupid.

TheSeks

I don't understand your arguments guys. Most of you are saying you leave C for last because it's the most difficult/annoying flag to capture. Shouldn't that make it your first priority? So you can more easily defend it instead of having a hard time attacking it

No. Because if we have three of the flags already they bleed. See? This is what I'm talking about with GAF's fascination with getting all the flags. If we have 3 of 4 or 2 of 3, we win. It doesn't matter about attacking and attacking and attacking the enemies last flag. WE WIN. If we continue to DEFEND our taken flags, WE WIN. It may be "slower" but WE WIN.

Meanwhile, C has to be watched by two lanes for A/D. And one of them for A is a funnel.

Besides, C's only tatical position is holding that hallway to D. What reasoning besides for the sake of it does C hold in the big picture if your team is holding A/B/D?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i have been playing this for like 10 hours and i gotta say it's pretty damn good, i wasn't feeling it at first but once i unlocked a good weapon for my class (G53) everything feel into place. It took me awhile to get a handle on how the unlock system works,. I wish there were stats for comparing diferent weapons. Yeah that's all i got.

Evolved1

C is a trap. Good teams probably want to hold C because they know they can mow down the lemmings that rush in there mostly blind and bank kills faster than the bleed. (If there even is a bleed, since they need only one more flag to prevent it.)

But, in order to really hold C you need to commit some guys to it. At least one guy on each entrance and a support or recon upstairs. It weakens you to cap other flags.

But... if the smurfs keep running into your trap and you're stacking kills it's worth holding it.

If you play a team that says, "Fuck C you guys can have it" then they need to bring the fight to other flags our lose to the bleed.

Teams that Focus on C usually go after A, since it's closest. The Team that holds D (imo the most important Flag on the map) can easily reinforce B.

If your team focuses on D/B/A and doesn't burn a million tickets trying to rush into C, then you're in pretty good position. All other things being equal, of course.

Btw... the things that make C easy to defend actually work against it when you set up basecamp there and try to attack out of it.

JJD

No. Because if we have three of the flags already they bleed. See? This is what I'm talking about with GAF's fascination with getting all the flags. If we have 3 of 4 or 2 of 3, we win. It doesn't matter about attacking and attacking and attacking the enemies last flag. WE WIN. If we continue to DEFEND our taken flags, WE WIN. It may be "slower" but WE WIN.

Meanwhile, C has to be watched by two lanes for A/D. And one of them for A is a funnel.

Besides, C's only tatical position is holding that hallway to D. What reasoning besides for the sake of it does C hold in the big picture if your team is holding A/B/D?

You're missing the point, please read my post again Seks.

I'm not talking about random pub games. I'm talking about games were we usually have a competition.

If we have 3 out of 4 flags most of the game we're not having a competition, we are dominating.

You're obsessed with your argument about going for all flags/holding the majority and your bias against BF3 Conquest.

I'm not talking about that at all.

I'm talking about which flag I deem the most important on this specific map. Chances are (IMO) if you hold C you'll have an easier time holding the majority of the flags if not all of then, thus winning the game.

tn2007

I don't understand your arguments guys. Most of you are saying you leave C for last because it's the most difficult/annoying flag to capture. Shouldn't that make it your first priority? So you can more easily defend it instead of having a hard time attacking it?

But if you're having a hard, competitive game you won't be able to trap the enemy there and you'll be fighting for the other flags as well. Tactically C is the best flag to hold. It's the easier flag to defend, it's the only flag on the map that can't be captured by a tank and it will allow quicker access to all the other flags comparatively.

The fact that it's easily the best flag to guard and the most central one compared to others makes it the best one to hold IMO. Even if it makes it a priority to me I can understand if you're saying that it is a trap or hard to capture so you'll leave it for last, but saying it is the least important is something I can't agree at all.

A is the least important to me, followed by D and B. Regardless of which side I'm playing. C >> B >>>> D > A.

C and D flags are the easiest flags to defend which IMO make them the most valuable flags on seine. C is the most important because it's a short ways to A which allows multiple attempts to take it ,while still giving you time to spawn back at C if you get wiped out. C gives you a high ground defense as well which makes it difficult to take. Remember D is also important because you get 3 good vantage points: guys in Blue and Green buildings and guys on second/third story of D. Having guys in blue and green allows you to overlook B and D. Having guys in D let's you look over Blue and Green. B is least important to me as it is the easiest flag to take compare to the other flags.

As it is with most BF3 maps the russian spawn is usually far better than the US one.

Yeah I agree, Russians have all the good sides.

From my experience, on close competitive games were both teams are more or less equal skill wise usually the team that holds C wins the game and that's because all the other flags are easier to capture (including by tanks) and are constantly being disputed. That's why I make C my priority on those games.

Search for tournament games played by rival gaming and you'll see that they prioritize C above all the others.

Exactly why PS3GAF would STOMP on XBOXGAF in conquest! We use competitive tactics and they just wing it.

tn2007

Sorry but you have to actually play conquest to come up with strategies for it :p.

C position lets you tactically watch A connecter, stairs from jungle, and D arch.

Evolved1

I get where you guys are coming from... but every match on Seine I watch the tickets it costs in the turf war over C and I just don't think it's worth it.

DAB is my preferred strategy.

If you're having an easy game then fine, get all the other flags, funnel the enemy team into C and swarm then. You're already going to win regardless of capture order.

C is the hardest flag to get into, but its also the hardest to get out of... its easier to let the other team have C and keep them boxed in while you hold the other 3 than to battle for C and hold it yourself, leaving your team boxed in defending it.

tn2007

I get where you guys are coming from... but every match on Seine I watch the tickets it costs in the turf war over C and I just don't think it's worth it.

DAB is my preferred strategy.

Because we are playing pub games with randoms so we can't use the best tactics all the time. We are talking about 12v12 competitively.

tn2007

C is the hardest flag to get into, but its also the hardest to get out of... its easier to let the other team have C and keep them boxed in while you hold the other 3 than to battle for C and hold it yourself, leaving your team boxed in defending it.

Ok your speaking as if we have 3 flags already which than yes we don't have to get C, but we are speaking as if the map was neutral. What flags do you go after? RU side will take C and D first and push to A and B. US will take A and B but will have a more difficult time to take C and D. Hence RU side having an advantage.

Evolved1

Because we are playing pub games with randoms so we can't use the best tactics all the time. We are talking about 12v12 competitively.

12v12 competitive... I'd rather play conservatively. I'd want to play defensively, and play for the bleed.

But you know that's just my opinion. I'm no BF3 strategic master or anything.

tn2007

12v12 competitive... I'd rather play conservatively. I'd want to play defensively, and play for the bleed.

But you know that's just my opinion. I'm no BF3 strategic master or anything.

My tactic is conservative. I'm talking about holding IMO the best defensive flags on that map and letting the other team waste tickets trying to take them from us. Having C and D allows you to play conservative and make tiny pushes to B or A.

Top Bottom