• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Landing choppers easily is more the issue than the disable not tailspinning. If you know the disable is coming, you'll generally course-correct right as the disable "pull" happens. It's completely easy to fight the disable and land right now. It should be somewhat stronger because too many choppers can get disabled, fly around a cover find some flat land and land and repair then come back two minutes later as if nothing happened.

Kak.efes

GAF had one of the most epic rush rounds ever earlier today. Olimpia and Faceless pretty much carried everyone. Judging by the battle report, it's a wonder we even got passed the first set with that team.

Question for you guys...I just recently joined GAF after lurking for quite awhile. I want to pick this game up again and was wondering if you guys are mostly playing on ps3 or 360? None of my friends play this anymore and I'd really like to play with such a good group of players as you guys. Thx!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PS3 gaf does more talking here in the thread... but I get the impression 360 gaf is just as active in the game. And they have guys who post in here a bunch too.

You're probably safe either way. And you'll play with good player either way.

TheSeks

Evolved is too much of a diplomat to say "360 sux, PS3 rox." Which is what he's trying to say with that message.

I see you stirring shit.gif

Question for you guys...I just recently joined GAF after lurking for quite awhile. I want to pick this game up again and was wondering if you guys are mostly playing on ps3 or 360? None of my friends play this anymore and I'd really like to play with such a good group of players as you guys. Thx!

how do you feel about this situation

if you have sympathy for the individual, 360

if you have sympathy for the team, ps3

GAF had one of the most epic rush rounds ever earlier today. Olimpia and Faceless pretty much carried everyone. Judging by the battle report, it's a wonder we even got passed the first set with that team.

yeah i was like "teams are pretty even, GAF has this one in the bag"

*starts killing people with M40 from in the hills*

*crates get armed, disarmed a few times* *tickets cut in half*

"oh wait, i better get on this"

*rushes base with G18 sidearm*

*gets killed, joins GAF squad, switches to asault*

*after some grinding with enemy team in base, GAF squad barely gets by 1st set with like 2 tickets*

*half of enemy team is assault and spawn camping the new spawn*

*checks minimap* *switches to squad of randoms in hummer at enemy base* *switches back to GAF squad*

and the second set was probably the 'easiest' but it was all a long grind every set. i think we flew into the back of 4th set at least 3 times.

RANDOMS, Y U NO WANT 2 WIN?

olimpia84

It was more like a squad effort than anything. I still can't believe we won with the useless randoms we had!

olimpia84

yeah i was like "teams are pretty even, GAF has this one in the bag"

*starts killing people with M40 from in the hills*

*crates get armed, disarmed a few times* *tickets cut in half*

"oh wait, i better get on this"

*rushes base with G18 sidearm*

*gets killed, joins GAF squad, switches to asault*

*after some grinding with enemy team in base, GAF squad barely gets by 1st set with like 2 tickets*

*half of enemy team is assault and spawn camping the new spawn*

*checks minimap* *switches to squad of randoms in hummer at enemy base* *switches back to GAF squad*

and the second set was probably the 'easiest' but it was all a long grind every set. i think we flew into the back of 4th set at least 3 times.

RANDOMS, Y U NO WANT 2 WIN?

You forgot to mention we lost half of our tickets just trying to get out of our spawn after we got the 1st set lol. They literally had their entire team pushing up but once we got past them it was an easy arm on that second set. Third set was a close one too but we got it.

http://bf3stats.com/report/360/76866618#faceless360

Got multi-kill #2 on Xbox 360! Epicenter CQ, managed to cap all 4 bases. C4 all over D. Wait for enemy team to get it neutral. BOOM! 5 kills!

You forgot to mention we lost half of our tickets just trying to get out of our spawn after we got the 1st set lol. They literally had their entire team pushing up but once we got past them it was an easy arm on that second set. Third set was a close one too but we got it.
Yeah i guess I didn't mention that it took a few minutes to get our of the base on the 2nd set... And that one funny part had to be when we took out the open objective on 2nd set but the other one on the 1st floor of the 2 story barracks was heavily guarded... so i spawned at the base and drove the hummer down as fast as i could, circled thru the base running people over, then just parked in reverse outside the main gates, got on the gunner position and started shooting... it distracted a few of them... funny thing it they were all assault with medkits so all they could do is throw grenades! hahahaahahha

Kak.efes

I've gotten really lucky with the multi kills of late. I managed to get three in as many days.

The first was by mortar on Seine. The second, I somehow killed five guys by shooting at a tank half way across the map on Firestorm (I think THN was in the chopper with me). And the third by lobbing a grenade in the alleyway on Bazaar earlier today.

tn2007

I've gotten really lucky with the multi kills of late. I managed to get three in as many days.

The first was by mortar on Seine. The second, I somehow killed five guys by shooting at a tank half way across the map on Firestorm (I think THN was in the chopper with me). And the third by lobbing a grenade in the alleyway on Bazaar earlier today.

Yeah I was there, but was it a tank? I swear you killed 5-6 people, and it was so far away I couldn't see. So I thought it was the transport chopper. Either way I was like holy shit dude.

Kak.efes

Yeah I was there, but was it a tank? I swear you killed 5-6 people, and it was so far away I couldn't see. So I thought it was the transport chopper. Either way I was like holy shit dude.

It must have been a transport chopper than. Makes no sense if it was a tank. That was one big giant gift though, I think I only connected with a few rockets. I'll take it.

Amtrac duo

Pzd0KQ3.png

Took about 5 minutes getting this guy out of here. He was facing Bravo flag when I started on him.

ibwjRDXnWnUth6.gif

How it ended. Overdoziz loves these types of games (check your PMs, bro)

TFH9XqC.png

Evolved1

Is there any way to use the old knife? I think it looks cooler...

TheSeks

It's not that big of a deal since you won't really be paying attention to the knife itself in those animations unless you have it out as a ready stance thing (which doesn't even work for me since it has to still go into "ready" to stab someone in the back instead of instantly doing it. Oy.), no big deal.

I'm nearly to 1,000 knife kills but lately I can't flank or connect the assassination animation for shit. D:

Still my most used weapon though. Jack the Ripper of BF3.

JJD

He destroyed the chopper with the magnum???

I think the only way he could do that is if one of the bullets hit a C4 pack.

TheSeks

He destroyed the chopper with the magnum???

I think the only way he could do that is if one of the bullets hit a C4 pack.

Correct. Looking again it looks like "Destroyed Explosive +5" happens in that kill-log.

TCRS

Banned
I love it when everything boils down to the last mcom on a round of rush. fucking hell we defended the shit out of it (had to defuse it three times) and won the match that way haha! It was on sharqi the last mcom B up there.

Have they said what they are going to be talking about? I was under the assumption that it was just the console reveal.

They haven't said anything, even that it's a console reveal.

But we all know it's a console reveal, and I think it's safe to assume we'll at least get a small look at some games.

Evolved1

We've got some people on gaf who know more than they're telling... but dropping some pretty strong indicators they're showing games, including third party stuff.

So BF4, with the timing of today's tweet, it's possible.

JJD

I wouldn't expect to see anything about games until E3.

There is no way Sony will unveil the PS4 without showing games. There will be a racing game by Evolution, and probably one of the two games Guerrilla is making.

Last month on an EA investors conference an exec. mentioned that BF4 would be unveiled within 3 months, so it will be revealed before E3.

EA has a close relationship with Sony so it's possible.

Mahonay

Banned
There is no way Sony will unveil the PS4 without showing games. There will be a racing game by Evolution, and probably one of the two games Guerrilla is making.

Last month on an EA investors conference an exec. mentioned that BF4 would be unveiled within 3 months, so it will be revealed before E3.

EA has a close relationship with Sony so it's possible.
Definitely way more possibility than other reveals before it, for games and gameplay to be shown. Orbis and Durango games have been under development for a decent amount of time now. You'd think there would be at least a couple things ready to show.

JJD

Definitely way more possibility than other reveals before it, for games and gameplay to be shown. Orbis and Durango games have been under development for a decent amount of time now. You'd think there would be at least a couple things ready to show.

It will be interesting to see if there will be any third party games at all.

On the Orbis thread one gaffer who has spilled a lot of things mentioned that Dice loved the machine.

If this is true then it bodes well for EA games on Orbis since most of then will be running on Frostbyte2.

RiverBed

Banned
When is End Game releasing for Premium?

I can't fucking wait to slalom between those windmills like a pro stripper on a Vaseline Gorilla Glass coated gold pole!

EYEL1NER

Fuck me, those enviroments for End Game looks great. Wish I could play them... :(
I came home from working in Greenland and finally had good Internet do I redeemed my Premium code and downloaded all the expansions. Been playing and I wish I had downloaded them right when I got back so I would have had more time to play, because I am doing pretty good but leave in a week.

Leave to go back to the land of 20GB/month cappe Internet at rediculously slow speeds...
I haven't even tried to play a game online yet (my Internet got bumped from 9GB to 20GB right before leaving), but I can't imagine it will be pretty, going off of how stupidly slow a single short YouTube video takes to buffer and load over there.
I think my DL is something like .7 Mbps and my upload is super-low as well. I know that download is less than 1 Mbps though.

I might be able to download End Game, but I don't know that I will be able to play it.

TheSeks

Speaking of transport choppers, I dunno if I mentioned it before but DICE added a small dot (similar to Mirror's Edge's option) to the transport chopper and the guns have been made deadly. They can also chew vehicles pretty well (not as good as the cheesemobile but pretty decent). I'm impressed and have been riding the chopper in the gunner seat a little. B can attest to me getting some kills with it.

JJD

Got multi-kill #3 and #4 on Xbox 360! Epicenter CQ on A and Talah CQA on B! C4 is my hero. thank you opposing teams for using teamwork to cap flags faster!

Want to get the other multi kills even faster? Conquest Domination on Close Quarters servers.

The burn zone on the flag is so small you can easily kill 6 or 7 enemies together when they are capturing flags.

You're bound to receive some hate mail like I did though! Lol!

Want to get the other multi kills even faster? Conquest Domination on Close Quarters servers.

The burn zone on the flag is so small you can easily kill 6 or 7 enemies together when they are capturing flags.

You're bound to receive some hate mail like I did though! Lol!

thats what i tried initially, but all i got were triple kills

Top Bottom