• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

It would be great if we could all play together. It would be far easier to make custom games...so fun!

I'll get a PS4 as soon as I can.

I'll probably get a 720 too, I have a 360. I just don't know if I'll pay for Live (I'm a silver user). Maybe with the new Live version I'll bite the bullet.

Hopefully MS won't charge for MP, just for media and other features.

I might be switching to the dark side when BF4 and PS4 come out. Dat 8gb GDDR3.

Same.
When the price drops to $200, so 5 years from now.

I've been brushing up on my cursing and overall using more abusive language on 360 in preparation. I would like to note to any current 360 players, performing Quality Revives® on me on PS4 well be met with a healthy dose of F bombs and lengthy Gaf posts in place of the lighthearted chuckles and pats on the back we're used to. Just putting it out there now.

I might be switching to the dark side when BF4 and PS4 come out. Dat 8gb GDDR3.

GDDR5

:p

I'm definitely making the switch. Now it's a matter of talking all of my 360 friends into doing the same.

I may be doing the same if MS doesn't deliver.

Same.

I've been brushing up on my cursing and overall using more abusive language on 360 in preparation. I would like to note to any current 360 players, performing Quality Revives® on me on PS4 well be met with a healthy dose of F bombs and lengthy Gaf posts in place of the lighthearted chuckles and pats on the back we're used to. Just putting it out there now.

<3

Same.

BUT DO YOU WIN?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Get teamkilled for being on the mortar despite the fact we're winning, and I'm hitting people in their spawn.

SMH, teammates.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You guys are funny. I hope some of you do jump on PS4, I'd like to play with you guys!

Kak.efes

Play with us, and let some of my youtube swag rub off on you.

Oh, please. We're fifty feet at most. Five feet would be nice to see you pull off pretty effectively and get roadkills from it
without getting taken out by tanks or RPGs

Still, it's upped your game, hasn't it?

Not really, I've plateaued. Like a passed his prime Michael Jordan, but not quite Wizards Michael Jordan.

Evolved1

I hope you get off that deep down hype and play some battlefield but nooooooooooo...

My headphones/mic broke the other day... kinda not wanting to play BF if I can't talk. It's weird.

Need to fix 'em or buy some new ones probably before getting back into BF3.

I'm definitely making the switch. Now it's a matter of talking all of my 360 friends into doing the same.
360 GAF will become PS4 GAF and we will show everyone out there what a fully operational GAF battlestation is all about.
Same.

Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance. Sounds like you are ready for PS4 GAF.

GDDR5

:p

I may be doing the same if MS doesn't deliver.

<3
That's what I get for making a quick post on my lunch break. GDDR5 ftw. I have been gaming on 360 and xbox since both were launched and the last playstation I owned was the original. The hardware Sony is showing for PS4, it's gonna be tough for MS to beat.

that's what i'm talking about! i'm done with paying for online play.

I am too. Not a fan the way MS has been going over the last few years, especially with xbox live gold. Seeing what PS4 is going to be offering hardware wise and with the OS features like share and the spectator modes, and no pay to play online (hopefully they stick to that), it's hard not to want a PS4.

TheSeks

Not really, I've plateaued. Like a passed his prime Michael Jordan, but not quite Wizards Michael Jordan.

Pfft, you haven't plateaued until you and me do a transport chopper top of the leaderboards WITHOUT getting taken out.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ibxklsd6xAvCUS.gif

Kak.efes

They buffed the transport chopper. I'm going to make it my mission to have B take a chopper from start to finish while I destroy.

I helped someone wipe a squad on the tall sky scrapers at gulf of Oman once. It felt like something straight out of the matrix. I love piloting the Huey, I just wish I could gun for it while someone else pilots.

TheSeks

I helped someone wipe a squad on the tall sky scrapers at gulf of Oman once. It felt like something straight out of the matrix. I love piloting the Huey, I just wish I could gun for it while someone else pilots.

I had some rounds like that in the Blackhawk. It's my goal to get one in BF3. We nearly had it in that Norshal game that Faceless was in the cheesemobile on the otherteam with. But I kept getting kicked out by EA online.

JJD

Evolved can help you!

I would do it, but I'll probably just make you laugh at my amazing crashing skills! =)

TheSeks

I could as well since the Huey like the blackhawk is easier to control than the Apache/attack helicopters, the problem is the lock-ons. I simply can't deal with those.

Some of you guys are in this guy's montage, about 54 seconds in.

Dan and THN for those that don't want to click.

Oh, and B but by someone else.

BoatAck

I could as well since the Huey like the blackhawk is easier to control than the Apache/attack helicopters, the problem is the lock-ons. I simply can't deal with those.

Dan and THN for those that don't want to click.

Oh, and B but by someone else.

I watched all of it and Evolved is in there too on the kill feed, he's on the guy's team. I want to go back to this server. I don't like that we lost to this guy with 6-8 of us on a team.

TheSeks

I don't like that we lost to this guy with 6-8 of us on a team.

Yes, but then he wouldn't show it because OMG I GOTTA SHOW MY SICK SKILLLZZZZZ GONNA NEED A MONTAGE! (not) A SPORTS (not training) MONTAGE.

If I'm thinking the game, we got swarmed by their team.

olimpia84

Anybody got the battlelog report for that round in the video? I don't remember playing that dude.

Also, the fucking randoms today..............

TheSeks

Also, the fucking randoms today..............

Yeah, but B was taking the tank away from the base at times as well. That Oman round, man. If he hung back a bit and nailed A as they were arming... (It doesn't help kept running into that clan and getting mown while trying to reach cover/spots from B's tank. Oy.)

Evolved1

Yes, but then he wouldn't show it because OMG I GOTTA SHOW MY SICK SKILLLZZZZZ GONNA NEED A MONTAGE! (not) A SPORTS (not training) MONTAGE.

Reading these posts, I honestly have no idea what the heck you're saying most of the time... it's like breathless riddles.

TheSeks

I hate montages. They never show their failures and then their improvement over time. Never. "Montages" for shooters is one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen.

BoatAck

Anybody got the battlelog report for that round in the video? I don't remember playing that dude.

I don't think I have it saved. I'm guessing it was from late January on the Buckwheet Rush server. Here was Evolved's account of it:
We faced the stiffest competition we've seen in forever a few night sago, and we had a pretty stacked gaf side, compared to the usual four or five, and we got handled. We picked up one win, only because olimpia stole their LAV, and the rest of the games they rocked our shit so hard... so honestly idk... I think as a group we are used to beating up on people (even when it's just 3 or 4 of us doing most of the team carrying) and just weren't prepared for a really solid 12 man side working together and completely focused on winning.

They fucking embarrassed us dude. And I'm pretty sure our defeat was streamed... embarrassing.

I was having some internet problems that night, but even under ideal circumstances, Idk... we'd have to 1) be on team chat and communicating like they were 2) actually ready for a tough fight.

I don't think we were really geared up as a group (team) that night, but still they beat us solidly.
We really need to go back there one of these days. And Seks is right, montages are weak.

olimpia84

Oh now I remember. Yeah, we beat them in Seine when I stole their LAV but all 12 of their players were good and while our team had 7 or so gaffers the rest of the randoms were horrible and ended up hurting us really bad.

TheSeks

I don't recall ever being on their team that night though...

You were that Metro round. Or team was full and server was full mostly, you joined on them and then joined us in being rolled.

I don't need to go back there. GAF should know what problems it faces at times.

Top Bottom