• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
:lol 8GB of RAM. What is this, 2004? *PC gamers glasses DEALWITHIT.gif*?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
:lol 8GB of RAM. What is this, 2004? *PC gamers glasses DEALWITHIT.gif*?

You show me a PC with 8 gigs of GDDR5 and I'll buy you a PS4... lol.

Seriously though... PC's will always be better than consoles (especially GPU/CPU) but don't downplay the PS4 ram revelation, it was pretty damn crazy. And really great long-term news for people buying PS4.

PCs will always be more capable, but there's something to be said for the console multiplayer experience.

I built a high-end gaming pc in July to play the best version of BF3. It looks and sounds worlds better. Seriously, I had no idea how poor the console versions were in comparison. But there's a lot of little things the consoles do better. Speaking of BF3 specifically, being able to play on official servers (where your squad won't be auto-balanced apart every ten minutes) and having in-game voice are way better than the pc alternative.

When I came back to the 360, I thought I had set the console's resolution to some standard-def setting by accident. It really does look that bad in comparison. And yet here I am, 1023 hours logged on the 360 version.

JJD

PCs will always be more capable, but there's something to be said for the console multiplayer experience.

I built a high-end gaming pc in July to play the best version of BF3. It looks and sounds worlds better. Seriously, I had no idea how poor the console versions were in comparison. But there's a lot of little things the consoles do better. Speaking of BF3 specifically, being able to play on official servers (where your squad won't be auto-balanced apart every ten minutes) and having in-game voice are way better than the pc alternative.

When I came back to the 360, I thought I had set the console's resolution to some standard-def setting by accident. It really does look that bad in comparison. And yet here I am, 1023 hours logged on the 360 version.

You know you can do all of that better on the PC right?

Hell you can voice chat with your mom while you play over Skype if you want to. There's official servers on PC too.

The only reason I can think that justifies playing the PS3 version over the PC one is that BF3 PS3GAF is a thousand times cooler than BF3 PCGAF.

I am reasonably sure you're mistaken about official servers on pc.

Skype is not in-game. I know you're coming from the PS3 ghetto, but when you experience party chat you'll get it.

JJD

I am reasonably sure you're mistaken about official servers on pc.

Skype is not in-game. I know you're coming from the PS3 ghetto, but when you experience party chat you'll get it.

Lololololol and when I said 360 GAF players were salty some dude wondered why!

Who cares if Skype is not in game? It's a better voice solution than console party chat will ever be. This gen. or next.

An EA spokesperson tells us that DICE will "reserve a percentage of servers" for players who want DICE to host them. Full statement: " DICE is not shutting down servers. If DICE-managed servers appear unavailable, it is because they have been rented and customized by players. DICE will continue to add servers and will reserve a percentage of servers for players who prefer to connect through DICE-hosted servers.

I don't play on PC, but if they don't have official servers that would be really stupid.

Your reasons are still asinine IMO. Outside of friends there is no reason to play on consoles if you have the option to go PC and I say that as a console player.

Well, maybe you just suck with a KB/M.

JJD

GUYS, POKING FUN IS NOW CONSIDERED SALTY

Do you even know what salty means? Lol!

Context my friend, context.

You guys look really pissed or upset (salty) whenever someone says that PS3 GAF is better on anything, has more players than 360, more skilled players, etc.

Seriously what will you guys do when the PS4 features party chat?

360 BF3 GAF will legit suicide! Lol.

Faceless: "PS3 GAF would win Conquest games."

360 GAF: "But we play Rush!!!"

Faceless: "PS3 GAF would win too, just not as easily."

360 GAF: "So fucking what??? WE HAVE PARTY CHAT!!!"

Lol. I wasn't even talking about PS3 vs. 360. I was just pointing out that PC could do all that and that the biggest differential is were your friends play. Then the guy comes out of nowhere with the mother of all excuses, the party chat PS3 guetto excuse. That sounded pretty salty to me.

You guys better watch out because after seeing the PS4 and if the Durango rumors are true the 720 will feel pretty guetto like when it comes to games. Still I'm sure you guys will be able to see awesome TV shows! =)

Anyway, I never got into those stupid PS3 vs. 360 fights before I'm not getting in now. Just pointing some facts. I'm out.

tn2007

Lololololol and when I said 360 GAF players were salty some dude wondered why!

Who cares if Skype is not in game? It's a better voice solution than console party chat will ever be. This gen. or next..

Don't forget mumble and teamspeak. Let the Xbox guys brag about party chat since its all they got.

I don't play on PC, but if they don't have official servers that would be really stupid.

Your reasons are still asinine IMO. Outside of friends there is no reason to play on consoles if you have the option to go PC and I say that as a console player.

Well, maybe you just suck with a KB/M.

PC doesn't have official servers, but I never had problems playing with friends and staying on the same team. Just got to find a good server.

PC is and will always be better. Consoles will always be more convenient. Usually people will choose to play on whatever system they have the most friends on. Myself I play on both console and PC.

No wonder this guy prefers xbox. Just poking fun lololololol. I guess xbox skills don't carry over to PC.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/lostsupper/stats/289526635/

JJD

Don't forget mumble and teamspeak. Let the Xbox guys brag about party chat since its all they got.

PC doesn't have official servers, but I never had problems playing with friends and staying on the same team. Just got to find a good server.

PC is and will always be better. Consoles will always be more convenient. Usually people will choose to play on whatever system they have the most friends on. Myself I play on both console and PC.

No wonder this guy prefers xbox. Just poking fun lololololol. I guess xbox skills don't carry over to PC.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/lostsupper/stats/289526635/

Holy shit, I cannot believe this!

Not even at release they had official servers? Or they just discontinued then?

I play mostly on custom servers on PS3, there is way more of then than Dice ones. It's just easier to find games.

But still every now and then some server owner pulls some shit when we are dominating too much.

You made a great transition between PS3 and PC man, your PC stats are mighty impressive. I wonder if I'll be able to do the same on PS4 with 64 players...

BoatAck

I play mostly on custom servers on PS3, there is way more of then than Dice ones. It's just easier to find games.

But still every now and then some server owner pulls some shit when we are dominating too much.

You made a great transition between PS3 and PC man, your PC stats are mighty impressive. I wonder if I'll be able to do the same on PS4 with 64 players...

Did you get your TV? Are you gonna start playing more?

"This guy" here. I'll let the "asinine" bit go because I'm pretty cool.

Playing on the pc is not always better. I'll explain how I play so everyone understands. First, I play on my couch--not hunched over a monitor clawing a mouse. If someone prefers to live their life that way, awesome. But I love my couch.

I also love how centralized the console experience is. Mumble advocates have their points, but for people playing with a gamepad in their living room running a separate executable for voice is silly. For serious.

I've played forty-ish hours of BF3 on the pc. I don't know the exact number; feel free to look it up. In that time, I have never played on a server that didn't split my squad via auto-balance. Not once. That's crazy.

Since you're keen on comparing statistics, maybe you want to offer your Battlelog page?

TheSeks

So, you prefer playing on PC with... console stuff...?

Ew.

Anyway, the reason you're getting split during auto balance is due to majority of players leaving. If less than three leave, squads of four won't split while squads of three or below may possibly split. Sounds like PC doesn't have longer-time players in servers.

tn2007

I wasn't there for launch so I won't comment on official servers. My experience with server admins on PS3 and PC have been the same. You will find bad ones and good ones on both platforms. Auto balancing on PC edges PS3 auto balance.

My transiston from PS3 to PC was easy because I learned all the maps and tactics from playing with PS3GAF. That and the fact the KB/M is way easier for me to use than a controller. The 64 players part just means you have to play smarter and not Rambo into everything. Your a great player JJD and IMO you will be good on any system.

Since you're keen on comparing statistics, maybe you want to offer your Battlelog page?

I really didn't want to since your stats are so bad, but since you insist on it.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/R4MI3O/stats/218817185/

JJD

Did you get your TV? Are you gonna start playing more?

Yup, I got it! I will join if I see you guys online!

"This guy" here. I'll let the "asinine" bit go because I'm pretty cool.

Playing on the pc is not always better. I'll explain how I play so everyone understands. First, I play on my couch--not hunched over a monitor clawing a mouse. If someone prefers to live their life that way, awesome. But I love my couch.

I also love how centralized the console experience is. Mumble advocates have their points, but for people playing with a gamepad in their living room running a separate executable for voice is silly. For serious.

I've played forty-ish hours of BF3 on the pc. I don't know the exact number; feel free to look it up. In that time, I have never played on a server that didn't split my squad via auto-balance. Not once. That's crazy.

Here is mine. I wouldn't want to compare with THN man...dude is a beast!

I understand your points, I just argued that the biggest difference was who you played with. You're the one who pulled the PS3 guetto thing, I thought I had to respond. But enough about that for me, thanks!

You can get the couch and party chat experience easily on PC. It's a shame about official servers though.

TheSeks

You show me a PC with 8 gigs of GDDR5 and I'll buy you a PS4... lol.

GDDR is the impressive thing there.

Anyway, the PS4 isn't too impressive to me outside of the social features. If online does go behind a pay-wall, count me out. I'm done paying for online systems after the OG X-box Live shut down. If your new console system has to deal with legacy stuff, you're not building right.

JJD

I wasn't there for launch so I won't comment on official servers. My experience with server admins on PS3 and PC have been the same. You will find bad ones and good ones on both platforms. Auto balancing on PC edges PS3 auto balance.

My transiston from PS3 to PC was easy because I learned all the maps and tactics from playing with PS3GAF. That and the fact the KB/M is way easier for me to use than a controller. The 64 players part just means you have to play smarter and not Rambo into everything. Your a great player JJD and IMO you will be good on any system.

I really didn't want to since your stats are so bad, but since you insist on it.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/R4MI3O/stats/218817185/

Thanks man!

Are you getting a PS4? I hope you are man, and all the other guys too. Boa, Seks, Dan, Beast Faceless, Dream, Olimpia...

We already lost to many people moving from BC2 to BF3.

PS.

Dark Wanderer was way cooler than R4MI3O dude!!! =) LOL

tn2007

Thanks man!

Are you getting a PS4? I hope you are man, and all the other guys too. Boa, Seks, Dan, Beast Faceless, Dream, Olimpia...

We already lost to many people moving from BC2 to BF3.

PS.

Dark Wanderer was way cooler than R4MI3O dude!!! =) LOL

PS4 day fucking one!!!! And I changed my name because of the Rambo dog tag. Ill be changing it again later.

PS

Call outs for maps done by someone on Team reddit.
http://imgur.com/a/uNJKC#0

TheSeks

No PS3 BC and a possible pay-wall for PS4 online = no day one. I may get one when they price-drop to a reasonable level but I'm simply not hyped for the PS4 unless Sony gets their shit together, tells me all the discs I own will let me own Gaikai or whatever streaming shit options for BC reasons (and has to have the disc tied to the PS3 account so no trading discs or whatever). I had enough of that shit with the move from the PSP1 to the PSP2. Not going to rebuy digitally this next go-around.

@TN: Reddit call-out in Grand Bazaar B to C. "Gay spot," classy.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
No PS3 BC and a possible pay-wall for PS4 online = no day one. I may get one when they price-drop to a reasonable level but I'm simply not hyped for the PS4 unless Sony gets their shit together, tells me all the discs I own will let me own Gaikai or whatever streaming shit options for BC reasons (and has to have the disc tied to the PS3 account so no trading discs or whatever). I had enough of that shit with the move from the PSP1 to the PSP2. Not going to rebuy digitally this next go-around.

The logical people already knew this =/

tn2007

Lol that's my favorite spot on that map.

No PS3 BC doesn't bother me as much as no PSP1 BC on Vita for some reason. Maybe it's because they are handhelds. Anyways it didn't stop you and I from getting a Vita. The pay-wall thing bothers me, but since I'm use to paying for xbox live(omg shocking I have a xbox) it probably won't change my mind on getting it day one.

Someone test this for me please. Support player with suppressor on any main gun using mortars. It makes you not appear on the mini map while mortaring. Ok I found a video for it.

http://youtu.be/NDlxmQ1OXcc

Do you even know what salty means? Lol!

Context my friend, context.

You guys look really pissed or upset (salty) whenever someone says that PS3 GAF is better on anything, has more players than 360, more skilled players, etc.

Seriously what will you guys do when the PS4 features party chat?

360 BF3 GAF will legit suicide! Lol.

This is where you miss the point entirely. No one is upset. He was simply making a friendly jab while you're making up these scenarios in your head about 360GAF being jealous.

Put down the Sony glasses from time to time.

TheSeks

Welp, looks like I'm going to be a mortar dick tomorrow afternoon/evening then. Still gotta get those 300 kills on it for the medal. D:

Someone test this for me please. Support player with suppressor on any main gun using mortars. Supposedly it makes you not appear on the mini map while mortaring. Ok I found a video for it.

http://youtu.be/NDlxmQ1OXcc
I didn't actually see it myself but I heard a teammate describe (on party chat :eek: ) seeing a guy quickly assemble, shoot, disassemble, and repeat, the mortar to rapid fire shells.
This is where you miss the point entirely. No one is upset. He was simply making a friendly jab while you're making up these scenarios in your head about 360GAF being jealous.

You don't get it. PS3GAF plays to win. Even when it comes to forum discussions.

TheSeks

I didn't actually see it myself but I heard a teammate describe (on party chat :eek: ) seeing a guy quickly assemble, shoot, disassemble, and repeat, the mortar to rapid fire shells.

I'm sure it's possible. It's not like there's an equipment pick-up cool-down.

But why do that when you can (could) fire two volleys back-to-back IE: smoke/normal (wait a second) smoke/normal (wait a second) smoke/normal...

JJD

Sure, just don't forget your 360 goggles and party chat headsets as well. :p

It may have sounded like a friendly jab for you but you shouldn't expect it to sound the same to me. I don't know the guy. He dropped that out of nowhere and seemed serious. I wasn't even discussing PS3 vs. 360 I was talking about consoles vs. PC. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I never said you guys were jealous...those are your words. Why do you think that would be my impression? Unless someone over there really felt like that? There is a saying that fits this situation quite well but I just can't remember it...

Again I only said it pissed you guys and frankly I'll stick to that assessment. 360 people get all defensive when this is brought up and when they can't or just don't want to argue against it anymore they just drop PARTY CHAT over and over.

Angry, Pissed ≠ Jealous.

You don't get it. PS3GAF plays to win. Even when it comes to forum discussions.

The same way I might have misunderstood 360 people getting pissed with comparisons you guys do the same when it comes to us playing seriously.

Truth is we hardly need to play serious at all. Most times we don't really have trouble and a lot of us just goof around. You guys should have known Blue89...damn I miss that guy.

Obviously when we find a good team things change, and specially on the odd occasion we lose to a considerably worse team people vent in here which in turn causes 360 people to joke about party chat again.

It's a never ending cycle...

TheSeks

Everbody's getting raped mad.jpg

Settle down guys. All of you suck besides Faceless (and myself).

*glasses* Dealwithit.gif

Kak.efes

You can still go that, just have to find the stingers. Which is hard... when you're flying 300 MPH and I can't get a bead on them. *cough cough cough*

It only looks that fast because we're five feet off the ground. With the nerf to below radar, you're sort of forced to take cover behind any and all obstacles.

TheSeks

Oh, please. We're fifty feet at most. Five feet would be nice to see you pull off pretty effectively and get roadkills from it
without getting taken out by tanks or RPGs

Still, it's upped your game, hasn't it?

The same way I might have misunderstood 360 people getting pissed with comparisons you guys do the same when it comes to us playing seriously.

Truth is we hardly need to play serious at all. Most times we don't really have trouble and a lot of us just goof around. You guys should have known Blue89...damn I miss that guy.

Obviously when we find a good team things change, and specially on the odd occasion we lose to a considerably worse team people vent in here which in turn causes 360 people to joke about party chat again.

It's a never ending cycle...

BLUE089 was great. so many ways to RPG an objective from so far!

i dunno why he went HAM on Devo :(

You're totally forgetting games where BLU got so mad at gaffers that he refused to change teams + tried to rocket/UAV/C4 m-coms to no end (followed by FU messages.)

Memorycure was much more of a goof around player.

---------------------------------

OT:
I'm looking at the PS4 controller, and all I can think of is

"WHERE IS THE SPOT BUTTON"

You're totally forgetting games where BLU got so mad at gaffers that he refused to change teams + tried to rocket/UAV/C4 m-coms to no end (followed by FU messages.)

OT:

Point the light sensor at the enemy.

Three finger swipe gesture on the touch pad toward the general direction of the enemy.

Aim at the enemy through the crosshairs of your gun and use voice recognition to say, "SPOT!".

JJD

BLUE089 was great. so many ways to RPG an objective from so far!

i dunno why he went HAM on Devo :(

I thought he was banned because a discussion with Opiate.

Man arguments with Devo are the number one cause for GAF casualties...

He's been to Singapore last year, that's why he was missing for the whole year. Don't know what he's doing now.

OT:

That's one of the reasons why he was so funny man! Lol!

I think they will do spotting with the trackpad thing they can't use the start or share buttons.

TheSeks

Oh god. Backtouch is the worst thing on the PSP2. DO NOT WANT back-touch for spotting.

vixlar

Oh god. Backtouch is the worst thing on the PSP2. DO NOT WANT back-touch for spotting.

But if they use that touchpad good, we can, maybe, have a section to spot, and some separate sections to assign objectives, and so no depend on aim for the objective and press spot, or mistakenly assing objectives when you are trying to spot enemies.

raindoc

imho spotting needs to be changed anyway. the graphics nowadays are good enough to make that feature almost obsolete.
a start would be to severely limit the time in which the marker shows if the line of sight is broken (by an obstacle or the spotter turning away)
it could also be limited to certain classes, or A certain class: recon (which would actually make it a true recon class) and the squad leader.

but the real problem IMHO is that the select button almost serves as a scanner. just move your crosshairs across the map while pressing select and you'll sport every ninja on the map. not sure how to "fix" this, but i seriously think this has to go/be changed.

TheSeks

no problems everyone, DICE will just customize the SHARE button to SHARE the location of enemies instead of the cool shit it normally does.

:lol I could see them doing that and then Demize having this huge trollface while they launch it.

Edit: And no, spotting is EXTREMELY useful for giving heads-up on tanks and other priority targets to the rest of your team. It is not "obsolete." Anyone that thinks that isn't using it, IMO.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've forgotten how good it was to go 50-3 or something in the chopper 8|

They should have just picked: remove the gunner flare OR disable below radar.

But they did both! Cause they are really fucking dumb sometimes.

No_Style

OT:

I say use the touch pad which means you can use your left or right thumb now. Also the touchpad is clickable if you don't want accidental swipes. I don't think Sony is going to allow the Share or Options buttons to be customizable but I could be wrong.

but the real problem IMHO is that the select button almost serves as a scanner. just move your crosshairs across the map while pressing select and you'll sport every ninja on the map. not sure how to "fix" this, but i seriously think this has to go/be changed.

I agree. I use it like a scanner and that is something they should address. Smoke, brush or fire? It doesn't matter when you can spot them through it all. I literally aim just below orange triangles in BF3 even if I can't see their silhouette.

Truth is we hardly need to play serious at all. Most times we don't really have trouble and a lot of us just goof around.

I think PS3 GAF plays too seriously sometimes. Stop yelling! It doesn't help anyone. I've left GAF games/squads because of the yelling.

TheSeks

They should have just picked: remove the gunner flare OR disable below radar.

But they did both! Cause they are really fucking dumb sometimes.

Removing gunner flare and removing below radar at 5-feet/landing would've been nice. If you aren't in the air, I should still be able to lock-on to your landed/repairing vehicle.

Top Bottom