• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Add me on PSN.

Did you get your headshot yet? :3

I really think that assignment is good for you to practice with. Don't get annoyed, just hang back and practice. My sniping has gone to shit since BF3's "Caw of Dooty" breath mode added unnecessary button input (in addition to the bullet drop tracer round being harder to see unscoped, seems to disappear just as I chamber another round. WTF, DICE?) but I did it. I'm sure you can. :p

Anyone want to share your fastest, most ridiculous Rush matches? Because I just lost one with 7-8 minutes, goddamn.

I have a video of match that was 5:22, but we joined as soon as the second set was made available. Also have another that's just under 7 minutes. These were recorded within the last 2 days, but I'm sure we've had some other quick matches.

JJD

I don't think the 720 will be disappointing, I bet BF4 will look the same on both systems.

I do think MS will keep MP behind a paywall unfortunately. I would love to be wrong on this one...

Kak.efes

Dark side would imply a benevolence of some kind. Sony isn't the one charging its customers to do something as rudimentary as play online in 2013. You'd be joining the rebels.

Did you get your headshot yet? :3

I really think that assignment is good for you to practice with. Don't get annoyed, just hang back and practice. My sniping has gone to shit since BF3's "Caw of Dooty" breath mode added unnecessary button input (in addition to the bullet drop tracer round being harder to see unscoped, seems to disappear just as I chamber another round. WTF, DICE?) but I did it. I'm sure you can. :p

I got it. Someone was kind enough to help me.
sick burn

Kak.efes

Could have sworn I helped you attain medals, and unlocks which you otherwise would have struggled achieving alone, but I can see how it's nice to forget things when it suits you.

8]

The controllers Sony produces are pure evil.

Aren't there third party controllers that mimic the design of the 360 pad, or other like-variations? I'm just assuming there are.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I don't think the 720 will be disappointing, I bet BF4 will look the same on both systems.

I do think MS will keep MP behind a paywall unfortunately. I would love to be wrong on this one...

but what if BF4 is also on ps3/360?

Well I don't think it will do much, I just hope both consoles can get PC multiplayer numbers =D
---

If it's making money, they will keep it

Overdoziz

Banned
The odds of Sony going with paid multiplayer are much higher than Microsoft going free. I'm pretty sure MS gets several hundreds of millions a year just for XBL Gold so there's not really a good reason for them to drop it.

BoatAck

You were that Metro round. Or team was full and server was full mostly, you joined on them and then joined us in being rolled.

I don't need to go back there. GAF should know what problems it faces at times.

You wouldn't go back to that Buckwheat server? We're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude.

JJD

but what if BF4 is also on ps3/360?

Well I don't think it will do much, I just hope both consoles can get PC multiplayer numbers =D
---

If it's making money, they will keep it

BF4 will be on 360 and PS3 for sure, no doubt about it. There was even a leak from a retailer mentioning a WiiU version but who knows if that is true (considering Acti released COD on it I think it's possible). But I bet it will be with 24 players only and worse graphics obviously.

If the rumors about the 720 specs are true I believe first generation software (like BF4) will be more or less the same. But as we go further into next gen the differences between multiplatform games will get bigger.

The odds of Sony going with paid multiplayer are much higher than Microsoft going free. I'm pretty sure MS gets several hundreds of millions a year just for XBL Gold so there's not really a good reason for them to drop it.

If Sony could charge for it, they would. But I don't think they are in a position to put a price on MP. They probably know this.

I think they will improve Plus even more and put some other features behind it's paywall. Except multi of course.

I'm curious about the Durango unveil on April. If MS is feeling the pressure from Sony I think there is a good chance for some great surprises (games and features).

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
BF4 will be on 360 and PS3 for sure, no doubt about it. There was even a leak from a retailer mentioning a WiiU version but who knows if that is true (considering Acti released COD on it I think it's possible). But I bet it will be with 24 players only and worse graphics obviously.

If the rumors about the 720 specs are true I believe first generation software (like BF4) will be more or less the same. But as we go further into next gen the differences between multiplatform games will get bigger.

I just hope we can get PC player numbers on the Ps4/720.

If Sony could charge for it, they would. But I don't think they are in a position to put a price on MP. They probably know this.

I think they will improve Plus even more and put some other features behind it's paywall. Except multi of course.

I'm curious about the Durango unveil on April. If MS is feeling the pressure from Sony I think there is a good chance for some great surprises (games and features).

If sony is gonna charge, they should keep basic multiplayer free. By that I mean that anyone can play online.

What are your audio setups and settings?

Last night I bought an extension cable and hooked up my cheap ass stereo headphones to my receiver and switched the audio to headphones and simulated surround and wow what a difference. I can't really push my 5.1 system because of my paper thin walls (If you really want to piss people off, crank your home theater system and then continually fire a heavy machine gun for 20 minutes straight). The only downside was I couldn't use a mic, and when I enabled party chat to come through the headphones for one way communication, voice levels were all over the place, I don't think my headphones could handle it so I just switched it off. Still, I can never go back to using my TV speakers now. Also, is using War Tapes recommended?

JJD

Last night I bought an extension cable and hooked up my cheap ass stereo headphones to my receiver and switched the audio to headphones and simulated surround and wow what a difference. I can't really push my 5.1 system because of my paper thin walls (If you really want to piss people off, crank your home theater system and then continually fire a heavy machine gun for 20 minutes straight). The only downside was I couldn't use a mic, and when I enabled party chat to come through the headphones for one way communication, voice levels were all over the place, I don't think my headphones could handle it so I just switched it off. Still, I can never go back to using my TV speakers now. Also, is using War Tapes recommended?

Get a clip mic man. You can still use then with regular headphones.

46215-audio-technica-atr3350-omni-directional-tie-clip-mic-large.jpg

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/46215-audio-technica-atr3350-omni-directional-tie-clip-mic-large.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
hmmm...

I would need better headphones though. I was in a party with 4-5 people and the range of audio levels on their voices were all over the place. One person came in loud and clear, and I could barely hear the others.

JJD

hmmm...

I would need better headphones though. I was in a party with 4-5 people and the range of audio levels on their voices were all over the place. One person came in loud and clear, and I could barely hear the others.

I think there is a thread on Off Topic were people discuss headphones and there was talk of sub $100 headphones good for gaming if you're willing to invest.

Clip mic prices varies too, you can find some pretty cheap if you ever want to give it a try.

But considering we're getting closer to the end of this gen maybe it's best to wait for the new consoles and buy something compatible.

One thing is certain, it's hard to go back to regular TV sound (like you I cannot use my home theater late at night because of the missus) after you try headphones.

TCRS

Banned
I always use war tapes, with headphones and tv speakers. Love the sound it creates, like in movies.

edit:

how are you going to connect the clip mic to your controller?

Did you try the other voice options for party chat? I use a pair of headphones and a wireless mic from MS. At times when I first load up I may need to change the voice settings from "headphones" then back to it. Usually works.

War Tapes is like the Michael Bay of sound. I stay away from it.

Edit: How do you have your audio connected to the receiver?

Did you try the other voice options for party chat? I use a pair of headphones and a wireless mic from MS. At times when I first load up I may need to change the voice settings from "headphones" then back to it. Usually works.

War Tapes is like the Michael Bay of sound. I stay away from it.

Edit: How do you have your audio connected to the receiver?

I switched the voice option from headset to tv speakers.

I had to go back to the component cable because it has the optical audio port on the cable dongle and not on the console (so stupid) and my receiver doesn't have hdmi. So optical audio out from the Xbox to the receiver and I connect my headphones to the receiver with one of those large adapter plugs.

I switched the voice option from headset to tv speakers.

I had to go back to the component cable because it has the optical audio port on the cable dongle and not on the console (so stupid) and my receiver doesn't have hdmi. So optical audio out from the Xbox to the receiver and I connect my headphones to the receiver with one of those large adapter plugs.

Switching it to tv speakers fixed the level changes?

Does your receiver have Dolby Headphone? Currently enjoying it on my PC, but would love to find a small device that I could use with my Xbox.

Switching it to tv speakers fixed the level changes?

Does your receiver have Dolby Headphone? Currently enjoying it on my PC, but would love to find a small device that I could use with my Xbox.

No, switching it to tv is the only way I can hear voice at all. Headphone routes the audio through the headphone jack on the controller, which I don't have anything connected to.

I don't think I have dolby headphone, no.

No, switching it to tv is the only way I can hear voice at all. Headphone routes the audio through the headphone jack on the controller, which I don't have anything connected to.

I don't think I have dolby headphone, no.

Weird. Even with my mic turned off I can hear people just fine through the headphone option. If you aren't against stereo, and have the necessary inputs, try an analog setup?

hmmm...

well, there's always Turtle Beach...

Monoprice sells gaming headsets now too!

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=11403&cs_id=1140304&p_id=9770&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=11403&cs_id=1140304&p_id=9771&seq=1&format=2

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i recently experience more and more freezes on my PS3 (in BF3), anyone else?
the console is only a couple of months old...

It's the frostbite freeze, it happens. No matter the platform so in before the peanut galler--

Overdoziz said:
I REGRET NOTHING

--Right. Don't you have "Call of Failo: 343 Fail Harder" to play?

Anyway, get me off my mortar when I'm dicking around for the last 19 kills I need on it? Get me to proceed to:

-Clear the hidey hole I tried to mortar in, get into that, then arm crate, run back there and hold crate. Team wins round on Seine after that stale mate.
-Close quarters snipe with the JNG-90 (bolt-action) with a distance of 10 feet from me TWICE while you're coming in to crate arm as I'm picking myself up and about to switch to the .44 Magnum to defend.
-Proceed to 12+-0 three or four rounds on attack and defense. Where the only kills at times were due to lag/rubberbanding from the server.

Hold that shit, randoms.

Mahonay

Banned

46215-audio-technica-atr3350-omni-directional-tie-clip-mic-large.jpg
I used that mic to make this quick montage;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msi-AOvbHxE

While it's super easy to use, I did not like how low the audio was when you recorded. I had to tinker around when editing the video together to make it so you can hear my voice. I probably could have taken more time to get the levels right though. So laziness on my part. My voice is pretty quiet for the first 40 seconds but then it gets better.

Top Bottom