• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

bf4 needs to bring back the kick player from squad feature. Clan gets separated and some random level 4 gets placed on my squad. So now I have to leave squad and recreate it. Even when I have it set to private people still get placed in it. annoying. Let me kick fools.

Hear this man Dice!!! That "feature" is already available on PC!

bf4 needs to bring back the kick player from squad feature. Clan gets separated and some random level 4 gets placed on my squad. So now I have to leave squad and recreate it. Even when I have it set to private people still get placed in it. annoying. Let me kick fools.

BF3 had that, then DICE removed it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Pretty sure we made all of those level 11's, and 16's never want to play again after tonight.

I actually received 4-5 friend requests from those guys on the other teams... it was pretty funny, that's never happened before.

There was this one guy, US side of Firestorm. This guy is up on US Spawn mountain sniping down at the first flag. I forget what I was doing, repairing a tank or something, anyway he kills me. And then does some dance on the killcam.

So I get an LMG+bipod and counter-snipe him (just to make it really embarrassing). Then I switch to sniper12x and kill him three more times. Message: keep practicing. He finally comes down off the mountain and I kill him with a point-blank smoke grenade.

haha

Guy went 1-9... I feel bad for giving him that kill.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Goddamn it, I don't see any first person turning on the bike, I want to see that.

Edit: And no new weapons in that advertising promo as a bullet-point, seems the S-Tac is the only thing we're getting in regards to weapons, which is fine with me. No more having to grind for weapons.

Recall

I will be playing in 45 minutes time for the next 5 hours on the Xbox 360. Would anyone else like to squad up and play?

Gamertag is: RecallBerserk

Kak.efes

Air superiority is going to be an ace pilots wet dream. Noobs as far as the eye can see, and everyone getting blown out of the sky at will with minimal resistance.

Evolved1

Air superiority is going to be an ace pilots wet dream. Noobs as far as the eye can see, and everyone getting blown out of the sky at will with minimal resistance.

I'm just worried about the wonky physics... my game freaks the fuck out whenever air vehicles (especially jets) get too close, everything gets really weird and the vehicles "warp" around. It's laggy, weird, and wrong.

I foresee a lot of that with AS.

And as I expected, the bikes look really retarded when they turn in TPV... driver doesn't shift weight or put a foot down or anything... stiff as a board.

They need to rework their physics of all vehicles except choppers for the next game.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I think I saw that on the kill feed. Was that on Metro? You killed like 4-5 guys with the 1911 tact?
Took out most of them with a UMP-45 then switched to the MP-443 tact. Took out the medic and the two squad members he had just revived. Feels good man.

Mahonay

Banned
I think early yesterday definitely proved to me that BF4 needs someway to keep multiple squads together on the same team, when you're playing in a group. Kept getting split up until like half the people left the game. Supper and Odysseus were getting royally screwed with shitty teammates.

Dr Prob

Banned
I will be playing in 45 minutes time for the next 5 hours on the Xbox 360. Would anyone else like to squad up and play?

Gamertag is: RecallBerserk

I'll send a message in a few if you're still going. Show you how to
die stupidly
like a pro!

Evolved1

If the next BF game doesn't have the option to play without jets, I'm probably migrating to something else.

Killzone or something.

edit: Battlelog feed says endgame is unlocked for some of us...

Mahonay

Banned
If the next BF game doesn't have the option to play without jets, I'm probably migrating to something else.

Killzone or something.
Jets are really really that much of an issue for you?

I can only think of a handful of matches where my team was totally dominated, ground and air, by jets. Most times I can just ignore them.

BoatAck

Killzone or something.

I sent that guy a message telling to keep flying around like a dipshit while his team loses.

Evolved1

Jets are really really that much of an issue for you?

I can only think of a handful of matches where my team was totally dominated, ground and air, by jets. Most times I can just ignore them.

They bother me sometimes. What really bothers me is not having any control over the games I play... even on servers you pay for.

Personally I think the jets ruin the fun of bigger maps. I think about how much more fun and balanced the game would be without them, and then I get annoyed because we have no control.

As much as I hate how they buffed the stingers, or the existence flashlights/laser dazzle... jets are the only thing in the game I really think are poorly balanced verging on unfair.

This might not be an issue on PC, but with the really limited player count on consoles, I just fucking hate them. They've really hurt the game imo, even worse than all the lock-on crap they added.

Not being able to toggle the fucking things off in a server option really bothers me... that's all I'm asking for. If it's not there for the next game, idk man.

Jets are basically the epitome of everything I hate about pussy snipers... they play like cowards. They have only one weakness (other jets) so they go strafe the base and take out the jets on the runway and now they have 3-4 mins to beat up on armor (without a counter) until they go blow up the jets on the runway again.

Whatever it just sucks... I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of server options from dice, that they have the balls to charge us for.

Mahonay

Banned
They bother me sometimes. What really bothers me is not having any control over the games I play... even on servers you pay for.

Personally I think the jets ruin the fun of bigger maps. I think about how much more fun and balanced the game would be without them, and then I get annoyed because we have no control.

As much as I hate how they buffed the stingers, or the existence flashlights/laser dazzle... jets are the only thing in the game I really think are poorly balanced verging on unfair.

This might not be an issue on PC, but with the really limited player count on consoles, I just fucking hate them. They've really hurt the game imo, even worse than all the lock-on crap they added.

Not being able to toggle the fucking things off in a server option really bothers me... that's all I'm asking for. If it's not there for the next game, idk man.

Jets are basically the epitome of everything I hate about pussy snipers... they play like cowards. They have only one weakness (other jets) so they go strafe the base and take out the jets on the runway and now they have 3-4 mins to beat up on armor (without a counter) until they go blow up the jets on the runway again.

Whatever it just sucks... I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of server options from dice, that they have the balls to charge us for.
You know what you do when half the enemy team is in the air and busy performing strafing runs on your spawn point? Capture all of the flag points.

I agree, some of the tactics used by jet pilots are incredibly unsporting, but the best way of defeating that style of play is simply letting them do their thing. They can't do anything about you standing in a warehouse capturing a base. It's easy to basically cancel out their effectiveness in most cases.

i love Rush... all i do is try and take out the enemy jet in my jet, then wait for to respawn so i can steal it. then i can cruise around all game and not worry about much of anything.

Mahonay

Banned
i love Rush... all i do is try and take out the enemy jet in my jet, then wait for to respawn so i can steal it. then i can cruise around all game and not worry about much of anything.
Not sure how I feel about stealing vehicles from an enemy spawn point. Not the worst thing in the world, but seems like something that could be considered exploitative.

Evolved1

Angry XBL messages. They're maybe one step down from YouTube comments.

These are PSN messages... they carry more weight. XMB is so painfully slow to actually send a message, it means something when you do. Remember, BF is serious business on PS3.

Of course you xbox guys play for "fun"... I can understand if you don't get it...

this post was a joke... just to avoid any confusion. lol

You know what you do when half the enemy team is in the air and busy performing strafing runs on your spawn point? Capture all of the flag points.

I agree, some of the tactics used by jet pilots are incredibly unsporting, but the best way of defeating that style of play is simply letting them do their thing. They can't do anything about you standing in a warehouse capturing a base. It's easy to basically cancel out their effectiveness in most cases.

We always do... like today, we smoked them by 200+ tickets. It's just not as fun when you can't use any vehicles and you're basically forced to play infantry the entire match. Just so a couple douches can stroke their egos in a circle jerk up there... they come down on the ground they get beat up.

Mahonay

Banned
These are PSN messages... they carry more weight. XMB is so painfully slow to actually send a message, it means something when you do. Remember, BF is serious business on PS3.

Of course you xbox guys play for "fun"... I can understand if you don't get it...

this post was a joke... just to avoid any confusion. lol
Pft. Play for fun... BATTLEFIELD IS ALWAYS SERIOUS BUSINESS. PTFO!!!!!!!

TheSeks

lol that works? I thought the out of bounds timer would still fuck you over when stealing from spawn?

Mahonay

Banned
lol that works? I thought the out of bounds timer would still fuck you over when stealing from spawn?
People steal vehicles from spawns constantly. I've lost count of how many times I've had to hit a chopper lifting off from my own base with a rocket because an enemy just jumped in it.

If you fly over to a base, you have plenty of time after you jump out to grab a jet or a helicopter. (now that I think about it, some bases are even easily accessible by quickly driving a jeep into it.)

Evolved1

I think you're safe in air vehicles... countdown of death halts upon entry. lol

I don't know if that was an oversight or if they actually want people to do it... DICE plays the game with white gloves on though and all gentlemanly so maybe it never came up during their playtesting.

Mahonay

Banned
I think you're safe in air vehicles... countdown of death halts upon entry. lol

I don't know if that was an oversight or if they actually want people to do it... DICE plays the game with white gloves on though and all gentlemanly so maybe it never came up during their playtesting.
Well that's how it goes with all mutliplayer games. You can never predict some of the game play results until it's in the hands of millions of players.

TheSeks

Yes, but I mean even if you get in the vehicles in time the count-down still counts and you can't leave the out of bounds/their base quick enough. I've had that happen a couple of times. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or intentional.

Evolved1

Well that's how it goes with all mutliplayer games. You can never predict some of the game play results until it's in the hands of millions of players.

I get that. But if you go into the enemy base and jump in a land vehicle, the timer keeps ticking iirc... so it's kinda weird they make it real hard to steal tanks and shit but the air vehicles are fair game.

Mahonay

Banned
Yes, but I mean even if you get in the vehicles in time the count-down still counts and you can't leave the out of bounds/their base quick enough. I've had that happen a couple of times. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or intentional.
When you get into a vehicle the timer definitely stops. Even if it's an enemy vehicle.

EDIT:
Evolved just pointed out that it's just air vehicles

I get that. But if you go into the enemy base and jump in a land vehicle, the timer keeps ticking iirc... so it's kinda weird they make it real hard to steal tanks and shit but the air vehicles are fair game.
That makes sense though. The out of bounds does area on the ground do not matter to air vehicles. An enemy's spawn point is still within the in-bounds area where a jet or helicopter can exist. I guess DICE never accounted for players using this to easily take an enemy jet/chopper because of this rule.

Evolved1

Of course you do. Lol... I always think of you as a really good all-around player that can do anything that's needed during a match, but more than anything else, I think of you like the team sapper. If rules can be bent, you will bend them, if it can be stolen or traversed, you will find a way. Fortunately you're on our team though so I can accept it (haha).

Also I have never heard or witnessed you get angry during a match even all the way back to BC2... you can tell you have fun with the game (but you still help the team win) so I can't hate.

That makes sense though. The out of bounds does area on the ground not matter to air vehicles. An enemy's spawn point is still within the in-bounds area where a jet or helicopter can exist. I guess DICE never accounted for players using this to easily take an enemy jet/chopper because of this rule.

Okay, that makes sense... I guess the only way to change it would be to make the small area where the thing spawns be OOB but honestly I think vehicle theft is valid strategy. I only think it's gross when the other team has way less players. Even blowing up shit in the spawn doesn't bother me that bad, because everything in the game has at least two counters (except jets, and that why I hate them). So if your team is dumb enough to let shit sit around, too bad.

Why are the fixed AA guns so useless and placed so far away from any conceivable action? Kharg Island, Firestorm, Caspian... Are there even any others? I eventually got that medal for 2 hours of use, but most of that time was sitting there while my teammates no doubt cursed me for having little effect on the game. I shot down a few planes, but that was mostly when they saw me as a sitting duck and divebombed me.

TheSeks

You do know the stationary is also counted to the AT rocket, right? You could've been useful that way instead of sitting there. *shrug*

JJD

Killzone or something.

If the next Killzone is anything like KZ2 I'll play it a lot!!!

KZ2 MP was great! KZ3 MP was a piece of shit...

Hahahaha! And that is why PS3 GAF loves you man! The amount of shit you make the enemy team endure is amazing!

BoatAck

Angry XBL messages. They're maybe one step down from YouTube comments.

Oh, I wasn't angry.

We always do... like today, we smoked them by 200+ tickets. It's just not as fun when you can't use any vehicles and you're basically forced to play infantry the entire match. Just so a couple douches can stroke their egos in a circle jerk up there... they come down on the ground they get beat up.

Pretty much this.

Top Bottom