• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Lakitu

st5fu
The worst fucks are those guys who just steal your little birds if you're US deployment in Noshahr CQ, you're stuck in the spawn and have 3 scout helicopters spawn killing you. Even as you spawn below, there will be some idiot shooting you down.

U2NUMB

Patch Notes.. seems small for 2gigs of patch.

Battlefield 3 Patch Changelog:

Corrected an issue where the TV missile attack helicopter was destroyed when firing its own attack helicopters.
Corrected an issue where enemies in the immediate vicinity of the mobile artillery could not be met. The blast radius was increased to three meters.
The tickets in the scavenger game mode were increased from 150 to 300 to allow for longer games.
A spelling mistake was corrected one Aftermath Dogtags.
Players can now move even during the pre-Round in Gun Master game mode.
Corrected an issue where a kill was counted with the AT-mine vehicle than Kill.
The position of the repair symbol is resolved. When this fix will no longer appear out of sight.
Corrected an issue where the player could teleport in combination with a knife and the mortar.
Corrected an issue where the air radar in Hardcore mode indicated with disabled minimap and a minimap.
Corrected an issue where the player camera turned 180 degrees when the player was revived in the water.
Corrected an issue where the player was immortal when he got out of a destroyed vehicle. ( Article )
Destroyed RHIB boats now have the correct interaction with other vehicles.
Corrected an issue where the helicopter loading was invisible on the mobile artillery.
It fixed a bug which prevented that players could set up Operation Metro on the bipod.
Corrected an issue where the team change was counted by server admins as teamkill.
A collision has been fixed, in which the bottom of a special building was no longer visible when the building was destroyed by a vehicle.
At the end of the round (Scavenger game mode) then the tickets will be shown.
It texture bug fixes on Grand Bazaar, where textures of the doors were displayed on the floor.
Corrected an issue where the health bar of the enemy was on the "kill card" displayed incorrectly.
The Co-Op Dog Tags are now available to everyone. (According Battlelog currently available for premium players)
There various collision issues have been fixed, so players would get stuck and had to be eliminated itself. (Operation Metro, Noshahr Canals, Wake Iceland, Damavand Peak, Operation Firestorm, Earthquake & Caspian Border)
There various collision issues have been fixed where players could leave the battlefield without dying (Talah Market, Epicenter, Markaz monolith Noshahr Canals, Grand Bazaar, Azadi Palace, Operation Metro, and Seine Crossing)
A bug was fixed that did not allow the "scoring" on unranked servers.
The RCON Procotol added some commands.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If I download Europe end game can I play on my US account?

where can I find it?

:lol No. DLC is region-locked.

Unless you own a EU (AU) region disc, no go. You're on GCT like the rest of us.

Why this is still asked 7 years later, I'll have no clue

patch notes said:
The tickets in the scavenger game mode were increased from 150 to 300 to allow for longer games.

:lol That's not really going to help when most rounds are over because one team caps the flags and the other can't grab weapons since they're stuck with pistols so they're outgunned 9/10 of the time.

The position of the repair symbol is resolved. When this fix will no longer appear out of sight.

Nice. This should've been done months ago if I'm thinking of the thing they're talking about.

It fixed a bug which prevented that players could set up Operation Metro on the bipod.

This is going to be so bad in that tunnel the attackers get as a side one in Rush if the defense gets in there.

It texture bug fixes on Grand Bazaar, where textures of the doors were displayed on the floor.

:lol

There various collision issues have been fixed, so players would get stuck and had to be eliminated itself.

Nice.

Also you need a better translator or to get the English patch notes, duder.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Those patch notes make me think breaking below radar wasn't just a glitch and they actually did it intentionally. lol

DICE!

Having played all four maps in CTF and Conquest (but not Rush) I would say it's more of the same. My clan had a 12 vs 12 BFBC2: Vietnam night last night, and coming back to BF3 just feels like such a massive step backwards :(

how about adding Scavenger to the Close Quarters maps DICE!? and CQDM to the Scavenger sized Aftermath maps...

Players can now move even during the pre-Round in Gun Master game mode.
about time...

finally? i hope this means what i think it means...

Corrected an issue where the player could teleport in combination with a knife and the mortar.
awww, no more glitching to the rooftops of Talah Market :(

Corrected an issue where the health bar of the enemy was on the "kill card" displayed incorrectly.
hope this means what i think it means...

Yep

Patch isn't up for me for some reason.

Not up yet for the 360. No later than the 12th... lol

hope this means what i think it means...

In hardcore mode
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2925730253179557023/

Fixed an issue where the player health was displayed improperly on kill cards in Hardcore Mode.

-------------------

Dammit, DICE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbFF6huzgvw

2143 > BF4 Just scrap it already

georgc

im running out of room on my 360 can i delete the old patches or do i need to keep them? this game takes up more than 20 gb for me.

im running out of room on my 360 can i delete the old patches or do i need to keep them? this game takes up more than 20 gb for me.

currently...

to play online you need:

Battlefield 3 Title Update (183MB)

Multiplayer Update 5 (1.8GB)

and to play certain expansion maps you need:

Battlefield 3 Update (2.1GB) = Back To Karkand

Multiplayer Update 3 (2.4GB) = Close Quarters

Armored Kill (1.6GB) = Armored Kill

Aftermath (1.6GB) = Aftermath

dunno if Multiplayer Update 5 will become redundant when End Game drops, we'll see... but anything else can be deleted.

Evolved1

How does it work on PS3... my BF3 shit takes up a retarded amount of HDD space. But there's no way to delete individual stuff (especially old patches) as far as I can tell.

I'd have to delete all the game data and redownload the DLC again, right?

Would that even free up any space?

Don't new patches overwrite the old ones? I always assumed they did.

Evolved1

Important question: we don't have the vehicles sliders on console... does my low sensitivity value have any effect of jet maneuverability?

TheSeks

Yeah, it does IIRC.

As for the PS3 patches: They add-on and add-on, I think. GT5 takes up like 10 gigs in patches alone now. So I dunno why BF3 wouldn't do similar. You can delete individual files on the PSP2 so Sony has learned there.

Also if there's an achievement for Air Superiority I'm getting that tonight while all the jet newbies
like me
are playing that mode. Should be able to level up my jets since I have the lock-on missiles. Yay?

vixlar

Yeah, it does IIRC.

As for the PS3 patches: They add-on and add-on, I think. GT5 takes up like 10 gigs in patches alone now. So I dunno why BF3 wouldn't do similar. You can delete individual files on the PSP2 so Sony has learned there.

Also if there's an achievement for Air Superiority I'm getting that tonight while all the jet newbies
like me
are playing that mode. Should be able to level up my jets since I have the lock-on missiles. Yay?

At least you can make points capturing zepellins. It seems that give a lot of points

Evolved1

I've asked this before, but I'm going to once again:

People who are good pilots, what are your control prefs? Specifically... button and stick layout.

I'm also also curious if you use inverted flight or not.

I've been practicing in jets. My controls are very comfortable now, and I can pretty much do anything I want. I can skim the ground along mountains and weave in and out of obstacles... I can fly upside down under bridges or 10' off the ground.

But I can't shake other decent jets. I've tried my best stuff (mind you I "understand" dogfighting having been a huge flight sim fan my whole life) so it's quite frustrating.

The only thing I can think is that, since I play the game with real low sensitivity, maybe I'm fucking myself over in the jet maneuverability?

I messed around with it a little bit and honestly can't feel any difference either way... and choppers feel exactly the same too regardless of sensitivity setting... Idk... trying to gear up for Air Superiority and wondering if my issues have to do with controls, settings, or my technique.

If I can't get this sorted, I'm gonna have to be an "ambush" pilot in AS... but I would love to be able to dogfight.

JJD

Yeah, it does IIRC.

So if I delete my whole BF3 folder I would download only the last patch and save a couple gigs?

Worth it for me. I'll do this later.

Evolved1

So if I delete my whole BF3 folder I would download only the last patch and save a couple gigs?

No I think he means the opposite.

JJD

No I think he means the opposite.

I will still try it later. I'm running low on HD space and I could use every gig I can save.

I'm buying a lot of digital games and PSN Plus isn't really helping me save HD space! Lol!

I'll post the results when I'm done.

Evolved1

I will still try it later. I'm running low on HD space and I could use every gig I can save.

I'm buying a lot of digital games and PSN Plus isn't really helping me save HD space! Lol!

I'll post the results when I done.

Awesome... take one for the team bro. haha

I've asked this before, but I'm going to once again:

People who are good pilots, what are your control prefs? Specifically... button and stick layout.

I'm also also curious if you use inverted flight or not.

Legacy sticks, inverted. Losing tailing jets usually means keeping your speed up and spiraling while you circle. Having a wingman makes it ten times easier. If you're solo, it helps to draw your pursuer toward lower-hanging fruit.

Evolved1

Legacy sticks, inverted. Losing tailing jets usually means keeping your speed up and spiraling while you circle. Having a wingman makes it ten times easier. If you're solo, it helps to draw your pursuer toward lower-hanging fruit.

That's what I use too... and my buttons are lefty so I can brake and fire easily.

Hmm... okay.

jayb

It sure is nice that there is a message on the main menu saying that end game is available to download now in the in-game store, but it's not actually there. :/

i know... GCT, but don't display the message until you know for sure it's there.

TheSeks

No, since the DLC came with some of the patches, you aren't really making any space. And even if you deleted it you'd have to download ALL the patches (unless the patches were consolidated/removed) anyway. GT5 has to go through like 5-10 1 gig updates becasue of it. LBP2 as well.

As for Jets: I use the reverse fire buttons since it means the F-35's hover mode can also shoot while hovering instead of having to "claw" hover while firing. It's a bit awkward but you get used to it.

It sure is nice that there is a message on the main menu saying that end game is available to download now in the in-game store, but it's not actually there. :/

i know... GCT, but don't display the message until you know for sure it's there.

It's available in Europe. DICE is a Europe developer... 2+2=?

JJD

No, since the DLC came with some of the patches, you aren't really making any space. And even if you deleted it you'd have to download ALL the patches (unless the patches were consolidated/removed) anyway. GT5 has to go through like 5-10 1 gig updates becasue of it. LBP2 as well.

That is what I'm hoping!

Lakitu

st5fu
Where's the guy here who does a little visual tour of the maps? Will he do some for these for us poor 360 peasants, please?

BTW, the AA jeeps don't just have AA missiles, they also have four unguided rockets which are slow firing and reloading, but pack a massive punch: one full salvo will completely destroy a tank or IFV I believe.

Also as a bike passenger you have a full forward arc. The only place you can't face is directly behind, but you get right up to that point (i.e. it's the maximum point of rotation just to each side of facing directly backwards).

Finally a guided missile is a one hit kill on a bike rider rather than just a disable.

Top Bottom