• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Making the player get stronger as they level will only deter new players. This kind of development boggles my mind.

Also, once shotguns become what they were in BC2, I'm out.

mbmonk

PS3 Questions:

1) Can you use voice chat at the main menu once you get a squad together? So for example you could discuss what type of game mode your squad wants to play?

2) Anyone else having problems with Voice chat working and then not working in a round? My friend couldn't speak or hear anyone, despite me and another guy in the same squad carrying on a conversation the entire round. Voice chat seems very inconsistent.

3) Is Battlelog for consoles basically just Facebook? It only seems like its there to be social but not useful for forming squads in game etc. Is there any in-game integration besides just showing who unlocked what? Is this correct?

Thanks

Ketch

mbmonk said:
PS3 Questions:

1) Can you use voice chat at the main menu once you get a squad together? So for example you could discuss what type of game mode your squad wants to play?

2) Anyone else having problems with Voice chat working and then not working in a round? My friend couldn't speak or hear anyone, despite me and another guy in the same squad carrying on a conversation the entire round. Voice chat seems very inconsistent.

3) Is Battlelog for consoles basically just Facebook? It only seems like its there to be social but not useful for forming squads in game etc. Is there any in-game integration besides just showing who unlocked what? Is this correct?

Thanks

1. yes
2. Yes... voip seems really hit and miss sometimes... I talk all the time and have a really hard time knowing if people can hear me and just dont have mics or if I just cant hear them or what.... hopefully they patch it
3. Ummm yea kinda, it does show a lot more stats and information about unlocks that is not available in the game... and it's the only way to use the clan stuff... you can also change your dog tags from battlelog but I think that's it.

mbmonk

EasyTGT said:
1. yes
2. Yes... voip seems really hit and miss sometimes... I talk all the time and have a really hard time knowing if people can hear me and just dont have mics or if I just cant hear them or what.... hopefully they patch it
3. Ummm yea kinda, it does show a lot more stats and information about unlocks that is not available in the game... and it's the only way to use the clan stuff... you can also change your dog tags from battlelog but I think that's it.

Thank you very much.

Jas

eternaLightness said:
ejas: I didn't appreciate you kept killing me last night. D:

Sorry eternal, I was trying to cap and hold C while helping out at B and kept running into you.

abuC said:
PC GAF is like a group of mercenaries :(

I miss my bros!

If you're on anytime this weekend I'll join up with you.
The vast majority of my PC time is with randoms :(

Loaded up on 6 bottles of Dr. Pepper.

Will get more over the weekend.
Now the only fucking problem left is to drink them/find someone who wants to buy them/find some poor plant or animal to pour it on.

Ketch

Dreamgazer said:
Now the only fucking problem left is to drink them/find someone who wants to buy them/find some poor plant or animal to pour it on.

I'm telling you dude, blow them up! In the name of science.

EasyTGT said:
I'm telling you dude, blow them up! In the name of science.

I would prefer to do it without fire. Since that's a bit harder to clean up in a NJ suburb.

Now if you find me some way to blow it up without fire....

-------------------
Sorry Seks, promised myself that I would study for 3-4 hours before playing.

>.>

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:

Wait, so you're buying the bottles just to get the codes?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dream have you learned nothing from BC2!?

Dr Pepper is a trrraaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MAV: I'm lovin' it.

How does I 6+ Motion Assist Ribbons because they're all swarming B last set? That last set was hilarious. They ganged up at B, we took A. I get close, see people dying. I go hide bring the MAV up and light them up like a Christmas tree. I don't think I ever stopped getting +10's from the kills.

Evolved1 said:
Dr Pepper is a trrraaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!

Er-no? I got all six PS3 items from it?

Olimpia said:
Wait, so you're buying the bottles just to get the codes?

Seriously. If he wants to consider it payback in like $5-10 range, I would drink them and give him the codes that I get.

TheSeks

Evolved1 said:
Wait... you actually get stuff? Is it good stuff?

Dogtags and a skin, so depends on how you like them.

Also MASS (Effect) Unlocked. Now to team it up with (w)Rex.

Evolved1 said:
I think this game is going to be so broken in a couple months as a result of high-lvl unlocks...
it's already broken, everyone i know that hasn't touched a jet yet or has, but hasn't unlocked anything is pretty upset already.

abuC said:
PC GAF is like a group of mercenaries :(

I miss my bros!
me too, i need to get my double dip back on.

Dreamgazer said:

you can always try giving them to Wendy's or something... see if you can trade them for a chili and small fries!

Evolved1

Wow I just joined a game and got a loss... didn't even get to spawn once. It just loaded directly to the "Your Team Lost" screen.

Pretty lame. And then I'm on the opposite side of gaf, and it won't let me switch teams.

*PS3 off*

Kinda sucks... I have two major exams next week and today was my gaming day. But every time I turn on BF3 it annoys the shit out of me.

Evolved1 said:
Wow I just joined a game and got a loss... didn't even get to spawn once. It just loaded directly to the "Your Team Lost" screen.

Pretty lame. And then I'm on the opposite side of gaf, and it won't let me switch teams.

*PS3 off*

Kinda sucks... I have two major exams next week and today was my gaming day. But every time I turn on BF3 it annoys the shit out of me.
did you get a ribbon? it doesn't count if you don't get the rush/conquest ribbon.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
did you get a ribbon? it doesn't count if you don't get the rush/conquest ribbon.

It counts. I've gotten ribbons on joining and losing before.

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
It counts. I've gotten ribbons on joining and losing before.
yeah, it counts IF you get the ribbon, but doesn't if you don't.

Evolved1 said:
No ribbon I don't think... good. :)

I hate losing, but I hate losing even more when I didn't actually lose. Of course I probably would've lost, given the random teammates vs a stacked GAF team.

But still...

edit: So weird, shows up as a loss on my profile, but I'm not listed on the summary
yeah, the profile shows every game you've ever joined, even if you were in there for 5 seconds. they don't actually count as wins or losses if you don't finish the game.

question. is there an audible sound when enemies deploy tugs because I'm not hearing it like I did in bc2. also on the mini map for team using tugs, does it pulse like in bc2 because I'm not seeing the motion beacon in action on the map. lastly, I have read somewhere that if you move slowly, detection by tugs is none?

duracell017 said:
question. is there an audible sound when enemies deploy tugs because I'm not hearing it like I did in bc2. also on the mini map for team using tugs, does it pulse like in bc2 because I'm not seeing the motion beacon in action on the map. lastly, I have read somewhere that if you move slowly, detection by tugs is none?
you don't see a visual pulse on the minimap, but there's an audible pinging noise when it pulses. there's also a ping noise for the spawn beacon.

So I am looking into getting a new headset, a step-up from the regular xbox 360 headset. Does anybody have experience with either the Sharkoon x-tatic or turtle beach ear force x12. They both got good reviews on Amazon.

olimpia84

Took advantage that we had a good team and hopped into the jet at the start of a Caspian Border round. It turned out to be my best jet performance (doesn't say a whole lot since I don't really fly them) and unlocked both the IR flares and Heat Seekers in one round! It should get more interesting now disgunbigud.gif

tsigo

timmytheman123 said:
So I am looking into getting a new headset, a step-up from the regular xbox 360 headset. Does anybody have experience with either the Sharkoon x-tatic or turtle beach ear force x12. They both got good reviews on Amazon.

Get the X12. I've owned both, see my reviews here and here.

Just played with Vasiilisk and HuntingBeast. Can't believe we came back and won. I just knew we were gonna lose and people were leaving. Such an awesome comeback. Bet those guys were wondering what the heck happened.

DarkFlow

Banned
eternaLightness said:
Just played with Vasiilisk and HuntingBeast. Can't believe we came back and won. I just knew we were gonna lose and people were leaving. Such an awesome comeback. Bet those guys were wondering what the heck happened.
Same thing happend to EasyTGT and myself. Easy joined and him and I rolled around the map cleaning up. We pulled the win out at the end by coming back from almost 100 tickets behind.

Ketch

timmytheman123 said:

I have the earforce px21, pretty great so far. Works with PS3, PC, and 360... but have only tried it with PS3. I like it.

DarkFlow83 said:
Same thing happend to EasyTGT and myself. Easy joined and him and I rolled around the map cleaning up. We pulled the win out at the end by coming back from almost 100 tickets behind.

Yea we down by over a hundred at one point, and was a like WELL I GUESS WE LOST =(. but then miraculously our team stopped loosing every point immediatly after Dark and I captured them and then him and I held off A against like 2 tanks and 3 or 4 squads of dudes to win the match, pretty epic.

It was this match.

Lag does not really seem all that much better after the patch... still got massive rubberbanding on the last damavand peak and tehran highway matches... SO FRUSTRATING. Run over with my paddels to revive somebody and it's like no now you have a gun, now you have paddels... a gun, paddels, a gun shoot shoot shoot shoot. fuck this I quit.

olimpia84

Say hello to the new Colonel on GAF

5ulLW.png

Man that was quick (only 54hs compared to who knows how many it took me in BC2). It's definitely way easier to rank up in this game, point wise and skill wise. I mean, most people don't have the basic concepts on how to approach the maps (on Conquest at least) and use the worst possible tactics. Sometimes it's laughable and sometimes infuriating. I got rank to 45 on this Operation Firestorm match

Here's the catch though: to go from rank 44 to 45 it only takes 60,000 points. To go from level 45 to level 45-1 it takes 230,000 points!

TheSeks

Er-Isn't max rank 145? Is 45 the last "visual" unlock?

Also you really do have no life, confirmed.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:
Er-Isn't max rank 145? Is 45 the last "visual" unlock?

Also you really do have no life, confirmed.

Yep, last visual look and rank name. After that there are 100 stars you can add to your rank so technically 145 is the maximum!

red731

Yeah_its_Bob said:
Don't know if its old but 5 free dog tags for all system. All you do is watch a trailer. Link
People know and it is even in edited OP.
I watched it and received the code - code didn't work - chat with EA customer service guy - will receive email...
...wake up, read it is only for US...hope they won't respond
*blueparrotmeme.jpg

Ketch

I remember getting all the unlocks to be quick in BC2... maybe I'm wrong... I don't know... I definitely didn't have this same feeling of "I want to play my class".

Also about the jets. The unlocks totally make newbies easy pickings. Airborne radar is sick, automatically seeing where all the enemy aircraft are and then heatseekers to take them out. So it's a either these unlocks are overpowered, I'm getting a lot better at piloting, or other people I played against today sucked... maybe a combination.

That last Kharg island conquest match I was only in the jet for the enemies last 30 tickets and I shot down 2 enemy jets, a helicopter, and disabled a tank.

Edit: Also anyone else think assault is kind of boring?... they really only have two unlocks.. the defib and the grenade launcher. Also, I know you can use the grenade launcher as an attachment to your weapon if you leave that slot as the underslung rail or whatever... but does that make any difference in the game? Is it just faster to switch to the grenade launcher that way? I haven't tried it as I'm mostly sticking to medic play.

The Faceless Master said:
you don't see a visual pulse on the minimap, but there's an audible pinging noise when it pulses. there's also a ping noise for the spawn beacon.

t-ugs is a ping noise
radio beacon is radio static noise.

MuseManMike said:
DAT MATCHMAKING
DAT OPERATION METRO
DAT AUTOBALANCE

THAT UNDESERVING CASPIN LOST.
fuck useless air vehicles, especially jets

Top Bottom