• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Played a round of Air Superiority locked in first person,
not fun.

Third person isn't that much better since it's LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK *shot out of the sky while pro-pilots are there instead of letting me just get the goddamn flag and level up. >:|*

Capture the Flag isn't that much better, had a round where I was destroyed just trying to get to OUR flag since the spawn isn't right on it. Pretty bad, but the mode itself isn't terrible.

I just don't know why DICE thinks people are going to land to get the flag carrier for an achievement when most people are going to get in the air and stay in the air for the entire round.

God I hate the way the bikes handle, I'm used to the bikes in Motorstorm Armageddon.

Turning is kinda bad, yeah. But they're pretty fun to use. Speedy and more maneuverable than the other vehicle options.

Capture the Flag requires MASSIVE coordination between teammates. If they don't add some kind of 'vote to kick useless players in your team' feature this game mode will be nearly impossible to play unless you invite all of your friends.

I won two rounds with randoms last night, so it's not like people CAN'T win without their friends, yo.

U2NUMB

What is the problem?

What's the problem? It destroys a tank faster than anything currently available in-game. Oh, and it also doubles as an AA.

Aren't jeeps still easy to kill?

They're disabled in one shot, which is still enough to finish off a tank.

The tank driver is stupid and drives straight up to him making it easy for the other guy to shoot him.

The jeep wasn't marked, so the driver didn't know it was there until it was too late.

TheSeks

dirtbikes are transport vehicles too!

Oh, are they? I thought the achievement was specific to air vehicles.

I guess that makes it somewhat easier if I get the flag and get on a bike and cap it then.

What is the problem? Aren't jeeps still easy to kill? Isn't there alot of drop on the rockets? The tank driver is stupid and drives straight up to him making it easy for the other guy to shoot him.

Four hits from the jeep, the first is a disable... on an unarmored tank. Looks like it hits the back but even hitting the back shouldn't auto-disable in one hit. RPG's don't. Javelin's do (but that has a smoke counter-measure to prevent that). Guided Shells do, but unguided tank shells like the RPG shouldn't.

So the humvee firing back shouldn't get a 4-shot kill unless it's all in the ass. But from that video it looks like one hits the ass (but that shouldn't auto-disable IMO), another hits the front another hits the front, and then destroyed from the side.

tn2007

What's the problem? It destroys a tank faster than anything currently available in-game. Oh, and it also doubles as an AA.

Oh no it's so OP.

They're disabled in one shot, which is still enough to finish of a tank.

If you can disable a jeep with a m320 than it's still an easy.

The jeep wasn't marked, so the driver didn't know it was there until it was too late.

He took a shot at the jeep and missed. He decided not to back up and just sit there. Too me thats bad tank driving.

Oh no it's so OP.

If you can disable a jeep with a m320 than it's still an easy.

He took a shot at the jeep and missed. He decided not to back up and just sit there. Too me thats bad tank driving.

lol

Yep, so easy. Time to kill isn't a factor at all, he had all day to back up out of there.

tn2007

lol

Yep, so easy. Time to kill isn't a factor at all, he had all day to back up out of there.

After he missed the shot he should of backed up. If he backed up he would of only took two rockets and been disabled. You need 4 rockets to destroy a tank and the rockets have a drop on them. So again what is the problem? Are you complaining that the jeep is OP? Not trying to start something I just want to know what your complaint is.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anyone else experiencing tons of freezes? This thing keeps locking up my PS3. :(

btw... I think the jeep is probably OP just by how ridiculously I've been owning people with it. Tanks, IFV's, choppers, infantry... lol. You can kill everything. You can kill different shit at the same time. Blow up tank, switch to AA to kill chopper while missiles reload, switch back kill something else. I sorted out the drop in seconds. And was killing tanks across the map that had no clue where I was cause the missiles don't leave heavy smoke trails like most other stuff.

tn2007

Got some hatemail today lol. Funny part is that I don't even remember what I did to this guy.

Jbarnhart24

8534883630_efca726d41_z.jpg

8534883666_a5f3342a0b_z.jpg

8533775659_bcf693eacd_z.jpg

tn2007

Anyone else experiencing tons of freezes? This thing keeps locking up my PS3. :(

btw... I think the jeep is probably OP just by how ridiculously I've been owning people with it. Tanks, IFV's, choppers, infantry... lol. You can kill everything. You can kill different shit at the same time. Blow up tank, switch to AA to kill chopper while missiles reload, switch back kill something else. I sorted out the drop in seconds. And was killing tanks across the map that had no clue where I was cause the missiles don't leave heavy smoke trails like most other stuff.

LOL i ran into 3 jeeps in a tank and had no problems what so ever. Learn to shoot on the move and to use cover. A jeep got 3 shots onto my tank and i took him out. Jeeps attacking power has been elevated but their still one hit disable by any explosive and they don't have smoke. IMO they are not OP. The last two days I've yet to die Heavy vehicle vs jeep/vodnik. I did get killed by one when I was infantry. I'm more worried about C4 bikes since they are so fast.

Got some hatemail today lol. Funny part is that I don't even remember what I did to this guy.

He was 2-3 and quit out of a 14-minute round. I can understand someone's anger when I kill them enough to be their nemesis (I'm certainly mad when someone else dominates me), but dying a couple of times shouldn't inspire hate mail. Particularly when you're accusing a level 100 of being a "noob" and playing their "first game."

tn2007

He was 2-3 and quit out of a 14-minute round. I can understand someone's anger when I kill them enough to be their nemesis (I'm certainly mad when someone else dominates me), but dying a couple of times shouldn't inspire hate mail. Particularly when you're accusing a level 100 of being a "noob" and playing their "first game."

He played the two rounds prior as well. But I seriously don't remember what I did to him. It might have been one of my two heli kills the round prior. IDK but it was funny as fuck to read those messages. I wrote back to him, "R U MAD BRO YOLO?" LOL

Evolved1

LOL i ran into 3 jeeps in a tank and had no problems what so ever. Learn to shoot on the move and to use cover. A jeep got 3 shots onto my tank and i took him out. Jeeps attacking power has been elevated but their still one hit disable by any explosive and they don't have smoke. IMO they are not OP. The last two days I've yet to die Heavy vehicle vs jeep/vodnik. I did get killed by one when I was infantry. I'm more worried about C4 bikes since they are so fast.

I'm not saying you want to engage a tank 1v1 in head to head combat... I'm talking about being a sneaky sonofabitch and setting up shop from a distance, hidden by trees and shit.

Are they OP? Look I'm not gonna say definitively yes or no but I will tell you I kept getting kicked by admins yesterday primary thanks to jeep shenanigans.

tn2007

I'm not saying you want to engage a tank 1v1 in head to head combat... I'm talking about being a sneaky sonofabitch and setting up shop from a distance, hidden by trees and shit.

Are they OP? Look I'm not gonna say definitively yes or no but I will tell you I kept getting kicked by admins yesterday primary thanks to jeep shenanigans.

I'm glad they made jeeps better. How often would anyone use a jeep other than for transportation? People are always crying about things being OP(not talking about anyone here) and finally they made a vehicle that no one uses more important to the map. Only vehicles in this game that are OP IMO are Rush jets and slightly conquest jets.

AlexBasch

Boy I'm really regretting not spending tens of hours into learning how to handle jets. Air superiority is a slaughterhouse for new pilots. :p

Well, some people are having fun with this regardless of how it's gonna fuck up their KD. One guy in my team is like 0/50 in this match.

those jeeps are fucking good man. AT, AA, fast... but they're weak... is it OP? i dunno yet.

i got a freeze in Air Superiority last night, haven't had one in a while...

tn2007

those jeeps are fucking good man. AT, AA, fast... but they're weak... is it OP? i dunno yet.

i got a freeze in Air Superiority last night, haven't had one in a while...

I can see why you guys think it's OP because of the time to kill, but yet I still haven't seen a round where the jeep was the number 1 vehicle scoring or killing. If you can take out a vehicle with the assault class than IMO your not OP. If your having problems vs a jeep than play engineer and rock javelin.

TheSeks

Quick Match
> Air Superiority
> New maps

Rush on Seine Crossing.

What.

It's giving you the better game mode.

0-5/20 rounds are me.

Only thing that mode is good for is ranking up jets. Too bad you have to deal with asshats that won't let you do just that.

tn2007

[Guide] How to deal with AA jeeps

Before the brainless nerf bandwagon starts, I would like to demystify the AA jeeps for those who did not tried them.

AA jeeps like their 0.50 cousins are fast and fragile with no countermeasures to deal with enemy homing missiles.

Their AA missiles are akin to those of the tunguska and LAV-AD.
Their unguided rockets like like weaker RPGs with 4 shots per load. They do good damage on enemy vehicles but not on enemy infantry.
The AA rockets and the AT rockets seem to have a shared reload so if you recently used your AA rockets you need to wait a bit for the AT rockets to be available.

As aircraft, going bellow radar and using AT weapons like AGM and rocket pods should wield a fast disable or kill at no nearly zero risk.

As A tank or an IFV you have more range and armour than the jeep. AP shells, HE shells, ATGM missiles, Guided shells should all destroy the jeep if they hit. I do not recommend canister shells or HMG/LMG
In the many cases the Jeep will have only one lone wolf inside that cannot drive and shoot at the same time, you can take advantage of that by staying on the move and throwing off his aim, if you manage to avoid at least one or two of the rockets I think you can avoid the disable while he is a sitting duck

As infantry have the advantage vs the jeep as it is hard to hit you while you have at your disposal AT rockets , javelins, C4, mines, grenade launcher and even HE bolt. Just be careful about the angry crew inside coming out to fight you. As the AA jeep has no proximity sensors a sneak attack is particularity effective.
A few well aimed rockets can kill infantry though so you want to their have the element of surprise
or the advantage of numbers to overwhelm its slow reload time.

I had made a more detailed version of this guide but the browser accidentally changed page and the text was lost. I think this version should suffice.

If you think this is useful you can hoooooahh the post. (Go to the poster's profile and find the post there and click the flexed arm-like button)

UPDATE: Sometimes the crew can be killed with bullets from outside

The AA jeep is at its strongest in an ambush where the target will is not already trying to take it out. Effective scouting and spotting can help immensely in denying AA jeeps of any kills.

If you like to kill the AA jeep in style you can put C4 on its back, then shoot the C4 with either a revolver, sniper rifle or frag rounds. You may get a haccusation mail though.

JJD

I can see why you guys think it's OP because of the time to kill, but yet I still haven't seen a round where the jeep was the number 1 vehicle scoring or killing. If you can take out a vehicle with the assault class than IMO your not OP. If your having problems vs a jeep than play engineer and rock javelin.

If the new jeep is anything like the Vodnik or US Jeep they are not that OP. All infantry need to deal with then is a single grenade.

On the Vodnik throw a grenade close to the back door of the jeep, but not under the jeep.

You will blow the back door open and will have a clear shot at anyone manning the turret.

If it's the US jeep, instead of throwing the nade at the back door, throw it at the side door and you will have a clear shot at the turret dude.

It's amazing almost no one knows this.

Also reactive should give tanks a good edge against the jeeps.

Edit:

If you posted that hate mail when threads like this were still on the gaming side instead of the community side that guy would be flooded with lurkers hate mail! Lol!

AlexBasch

It's giving you the better game mode.

0-5/20 rounds are me.

Only thing that mode is good for is ranking up jets. Too bad you have to deal with asshats that won't let you do just that.
I have no idea how they can just spam their flares. :/ I was chasing this guy and shot him three heat seekers, and he just threw out flares like candy. I get locked down and I can only shoot one every five or more seconds. Plus, I always get hit no matter if I throw them down, I'm clearly doing something wrong but I haven't figured it out.

I'm gonna need some canals TDM to fix my KDR because shit, I think it's back to 1.00. :/

WHY MUST ALL AS MATCHES HAVE TO BE FUCKING 800-900 TICKETS LONG. GODFUCKING DAMMIT.
Air superiority 200% my fucking ass.

lol

he took a main road into an enemy base at full speed in a tank. what did he expect to happen?

i really mean i don't know yet. it's not OBVIOUSLY overpowered like say the M26 glitch. it feels like the potential is there, but it's too soon to call.

JJD

he took a main road into an enemy base at full speed in a tank. what did he expect to happen?

The guy in the video even admits he fucked up.

Exactly my point, until this video I never knew the AA Humvee existed... if I knew it had those rockets I'd never have charged straight at it.

And:

Video title is tongue-in-cheek, it's clearly a cock up on my part... but it was worth uploading to show the damage output of the rockets... the Humvee itself is very easy to destroy, if your team has choppers in the air you'll never see the Humvee whilst driving the MBT.

Seems like it's a glass cannon.

tn2007

If you posted that hate mail when threads like this were still on the gaming side instead of the community side that guy would be flooded with lurkers hate mail! Lol!

I think I remember now what happen. I jumped on a bike on E flag and i took off maybe 5 meters before I saw two guys, than I jumped off the bike and it road kills one guy and I shot the other guy. He might of been the guy I road killed which made me LMFAO because the bike couldn't have been going faster than 5mph. Oh how I wish we had the share button already.

Evolved1

So hows rush on the new maps?

Haven't tried yet... but I suspect it will be good. The maps are quite good imo. Best BF3 maps yet. They are a great mix of open-air environments without being too obnoxiously large. Seems as though you can attack from many angles, but that the crates will be in defensible positions, while not being too claustrophobic like Bazaar/Seine first sets. Some of these maps remind me a bit of BC2 philosophy/layout.

The desert map is very flat though... so it's hell for choppers since they got rid of below radar. People can target you from anywhere.

Kak.efes

Still early (haven't played any Rush, only a bit of Conquest, and CTF last night), but if I had to rank the expansions it'd go Karkand > Endgame > Armored Kill > Aftermath > Close Quarters. The new maps aren't as geographically varied as the armored kill maps, but they play much better (not having 64 players being the major drawback of armored kill).

Evolved1

Atm I would rank them: Endgame >/= Karkand > Aftermath > Vanilla > Armored Kill > Close Quarters (these maps are actually well designed, just don't like the player count or game modes supported, so never play them)

TheSeks

Haven't tried Rush yet, I still need AA Jeep kill and then a paradrop kill (and unlocking an assignment for the S-Tac). Then I'll play it.

But anyway Faceless: YES it is a Helicopter flag carry. No the bike does not count for the achievement.

I lucked out grabbing the helicopter the flag carrier landed and got out of to try to drag the game out. YOU HAVE TO BE THE PILOT. AND NO you being the flag carrier does not work. It has to be someone else while you're the pilot.

TOTALLY LUCK BASED and stupid on DICE's part because who the hell is going to land a helicopter to get a flag carrier at times?

Kak.efes

TOTALLY LUCK BASED and stupid on DICE's part because who the hell is going to land a helicopter to get a flag carrier at times?

Uh, me? I attempted to pick up Dan and THN yesterday after they picked up a flag, but they just whizzed on by me on their bike after I landed right in front of them.

TheSeks

Uh, me? I attempted to pick up Dan and THN yesterday after they picked up a flag, but they just whizzed on by me on their bike after I landed right in front of them.

You're the rarity. As soon as that chopper is in the air, it's going to stay in the air. DICE should've thought of that. No one works to pick up a chopper passenger.

Third person isn't that much better since it's LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK *shot out of the sky while pro-pilots are there instead of letting me just get the goddamn flag and level up. >:|*

Still with all the jets in the air you really need that extra awareness.
I even crashed into a blimp while trying to circle it.

Evolved1

You're the rarity. As soon as that chopper is in the air, it's going to stay in the air. DICE should've thought of that. No one works to pick up a chopper passenger.

You do if they're carrying the flag and have no other transportation... I mean, if you're trying to win the game.

Of all the achievements to complain about this one rings hollow... at least this one is in the spirit of the game and doesn't require you to try and roadkill people in a stupid bobcat or run around with a shitty EOD bot.

TheSeks

Still with all the jets in the air you really need that extra awareness.
I even crashed into a blimp while trying to circle it.

I keep tanking my KDR for the sake of unlocks and that "sit in a jet" ribbon. But it's getting to me. I hate this mode and I hate flying jets. :/ At least I got the guided shell now to where I can FINALLY be of some use against tanks in Rush on Caspian. So... yay?

Evolved1 said:
I mean, if you're trying to win the game.

*get taken out of the sky by an RPG chasing your flag as soon as you land*

Again: No one is going to land purposely, unless they're going to repair. They never did in Rush, they did not in Conquest, they won't here.

In fact out of the 8 rounds I've played, only two people besides me have done it. Either for the sake of the achievement or for help.

And speaking of achievements: Guided AA in the jeep can be used for that. I thought it was the long range missile, but nope. SO MUCH EASIER than the above one.

Leaves getting a kill in a paradrop vehicle left for my achievements and then it's assignment grinding for the S-tac.

Haven't tried Rush yet, I still need AA Jeep kill and then a paradrop kill (and unlocking an assignment for the S-Tac). Then I'll play it.

But anyway Faceless: YES it is a Helicopter flag carry. No the bike does not count for the achievement.

I lucked out grabbing the helicopter the flag carrier landed and got out of to try to drag the game out. YOU HAVE TO BE THE PILOT. AND NO you being the flag carrier does not work. It has to be someone else while you're the pilot.

damn, i swear i got that trophy yesterday... *goes to check*

edit: nope. my bad!

Maddocks

that humvee tank destroyer is so boss. Takes out a stupid tank drivers in 3 seconds flat.

Sure it has AA but you cant just switch over to it on the fly, it has to reload the AA rockets, so cant just wreck shop all over the place. 3 m320 takes it out. So a good counter.

AS is also fun, reminds me of independence day, I kept on saying"Box 2" whenever I fired a rocket.

waypoetic

Banned
Those maps doesn't look too big to be honest. The railroad map looked fun though.

I'm torn... Should i get End Game or Armored Kill?

Top Bottom