• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Lakitu

st5fu
I fired up all 4 maps and drove around them to get a good look at them for our 360 and PC gamers out there. Also noticed just how much the PS3 struggles to pull in textures and just overall how it runs.. BUT the maps are fun so if you have to wait a week here is a clean look at the maps.

Nebandan Flats
http://youtu.be/X6ttMj9Ks4k

Kiasar Railroad
http://youtu.be/55RVIc_UV5k

Operation Riverside
http://youtu.be/-vNnYhaXgHE

Sabalan Pipeline
http://youtu.be/2NSySlZZKtg

Thank ye! Watching these now.

tn2007

Played a ton of rounds today and I can safely say the AA jeep is NOT EVEN SLIGHTLY OP. Had a repair guy and still got owned in one. Yes I got a couple of quick armor kills in it but the armor on that thing is made of paper. By the way javelins one hit kill the gunner in the jeep.

And I rank the DLC maps Karkand>Aftermath>End Game>Close Quarters>Armored Kill.

PS: SEKs what the heck were you doing running away from the flag when I accidentally took us out of bounds? You left me there by myself and I died. I killed one guy but another was there as well. And why the heck did you take the tank from COD? I don't care if you have guided shell because COD has a mic and I can actually communicate with him. So please don't team steal vehicles. COD would have been MVP that round btw.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
He doesn't have both!

*laughing girls.jpg*

Neither are that great, IMO. The maps of Armored Shield is nice but have pop-in since PS3's RAM isn't enough (not sure about the pop-in on 360, but...).

End Games maps are alright but I haven't played Rush down the entire map to say. The CTF variant/defaults for it are alright but rely too much on motorbikes to get to places/carry the flag. I had a benny hill moment where Olimpia, THN, and Call of Duty were all at OUR flag while I'm spawning on my spawn point near THEIR flag and ran about halfway across the map only to get taken out because five people were on me instead of someone coming to save my ass. *and then they took it back to their base because no one came to stop them. RAGE.*

Also 100% achievements are mine. Done with the multiplayer ones now, hoorah. Now I can play the singleplayer.

And I gotta get a kill from a dropped Infantry Fighting Vehicle on another one and a transport (motorcycle, IFV?) for the dogtag and to unlock the S-tac assignment. Or do 4 more helicopter kills from the humvee, too bad that won't ever happen since helicopters, stringers, etc. get in the way of my killing it. :(

PS: SEKs what the heck were you doing running away from the flag when I accidentally took us out of bounds? You left me there by myself and I died. I killed one guy but another was there as well. And why the heck did you take the tank from COD? I don't care if you have guided shell because COD has a mic and I can actually communicate with him. So please don't team steal vehicles. COD would have been MVP that round btw.

I grabbed the flag and hauled ass, but apparently the flag didn't stick to me due to out of bounds being so close.

As for the tank, a random was in the gunner seat and one of you was in the third seat, I wasn't going to give that position up to the other person.

As for the mic: Well, fuck you too.

AlexBasch

I don't know if I like them, but I sure laughed for a couple of minutes after capturing a flag, grabbing a dirtbike, took a ramp and landed on top of a hidden Recon guy, running over an assault dude and getting the winning point.

I wish there was a Helicopter Superiority mode or something, I have no kills on any of those. :|

tn2007

I grabbed the flag and hauled ass, but apparently the flag didn't stick to me due to out of bounds being so close.

As for the tank, a random was in the gunner seat and one of you was in the third seat, I wasn't going to give that position up to the other person.

As for the mic: Well, fuck you too.

Haha. What was funny was I told COD hurry and get in before SEKS tanks our tank right before you took it. I also love the fact that we both ran over mines on the bike in the riverside CTF game. First you did 5m from their base and than I did in the middle of fucking no where. The dynamic duo of thn and SEKS didn't work out today.

COD for now on if we are in the same game you need to rock reactive armor, thermal vision, and guided shell. I will rock proximity, smoke, hmg. You will be the main gun and I'll be the gunner/rep bitch. If we need smoke we will do a quick switch. Super tank duo!

TheSeks

Yeah, I completely forgot about the mines when I grabbed the flag. I was like "oh, well they're no use against me on foot." *hop on, explosion* "Oh, right."

tn2007

Yeah, I completely forgot about the mines when I grabbed the flag. I was like "oh, well they're no use against me on foot." *hop on, explosion* "Oh, right."

The first one I was like fucking SEKS and then right after that when we died while I was driving I said dammit I'm a retard. Lol

fritolay

I fired up all 4 maps and drove around them to get a good look at them for our 360 and PC gamers out there. Also noticed just how much the PS3 struggles to pull in textures and just overall how it runs.. BUT the maps are fun so if you have to wait a week here is a clean look at the maps.

Nebandan Flats
http://youtu.be/X6ttMj9Ks4k

Kiasar Railroad
http://youtu.be/55RVIc_UV5k

Operation Riverside
http://youtu.be/-vNnYhaXgHE

Sabalan Pipeline
http://youtu.be/2NSySlZZKtg

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I was surprised how much I noticed the PS3 textures. Glad next gen is here.

TheSeks

Player count isn't really the problem. It's more the stupid pop-in and map-scale. If they scaled it down by 1/4th or so the maps would load fine and be more "busy" than people that think they're empty know right now.

As it is, I like them because of how huge they are, allows me to stealth to places as needed in Rush

yeah, the flag drops immediately when you go ut of bounds.

Yeah, we were being chased. THN moves toward out of bounds for who knows reasons, we hit out of bounds, flag gets taken off me. I hop off grab it. Step back on the bike, reverse slightly, get shot. Haul ass going "well if THN isn't on it fuck it. The base is right there if I can get it closer to the base before dying someone can sink it." But nope. Flag must've taken off me as I stepped backwards before hauling ass. I noticed, tried to get up there, but it was too late. They returned the flag and I got the person that was still alive.

Kak.efes

Hahaha! BK you're hilarious man! =)

Since when you're a novice pilot? Lol!

I'm not that great in the jet. I've fiddled around with the settings, but I find the controller is just too cumbersome.

Anyway, I guess you saw my message. Long story short.. I was gonna crash after the end of the previous round, but air superiority popped up, and I wanted to give it a quick look. Ended up taking considerably longer than expected, and just as it was about to end, the admin kicked me.

JJD, where've you been, dude? You're never on anymore.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
lol, got Transport Pilot

random dude got into my chopper like 30ft from the flag spot, then he got out and ran to the flag!

*pop*

I watched the entire thing from the cliff... the whole sequence was pretty awkward, and I'm like "is gonna get in... hope he gets in..." lol.

tn2007

Yeah, we were being chased. THN moves toward out of bounds for who knows reasons, we hit out of bounds, flag gets taken off me. I hop off grab it. Step back on the bike, reverse slightly, get shot. Haul ass going "well if THN isn't on it fuck it. The base is right there if I can get it closer to the base before dying someone can sink it." But nope. Flag must've taken off me as I stepped backwards before hauling ass. I noticed, tried to get up there, but it was too late. They returned the flag and I got the person that was still alive.

Because they had our flag and I was running away from the guys chasing us.

TheSeks

Faceless said:
random dude got into my chopper like 30ft from the flag spot, then he got out and ran to the flag!

Well, I'm glad that people are working for you. In my case, I had to get them to work with me by stealing their sandbagging vehicle. :|

Because they had our flag and I was running away from the guys chasing us.

You should've ran toward the base, Olimpia and CoD was there. If you had gotten there and we'd died people would've sat on the flag, thereby I'd have spawned back where I was (their base) and took the flag carrier out (hopefully).

In any case it's more annoyance talking since I attempted to grab that flag five times by myself and hoof it. One time hoofing it 50% across and was nearly at our base but no one came to help me and I had five people on my ass (and I went through the middle/warehouse area dodging bullets and suppression) only to die with no one coming to my aid and them sitting on the flag to quickly return it. Oy.

I watched the entire thing from the cliff... the whole sequence was pretty awkward, and I'm like "is gonna get in... hope he gets in..." lol.

seriously, after the flag carrier got killed, this guy picks up the flag and runs halfway across the map and the entire time i am flying right next to him, then finally decides with 30ft to go "oh wait, lemme get in" ... "wait, nah! i'll just walk!" and then goes on foot anyway. whatever, i got the trophy!

Evolved1

seriously, after the flag carrier got killed, this guy picks up the flag and runs halfway across the map and the entire time i am flying right next to him, then finally decides with 30ft to go "oh wait, lemme get in" ... "wait, nah! i'll just walk!" and then goes on foot anyway. whatever, i got the trophy!

I was so busy watching to see if you'd get the trophy that I forgot to pay attention to my own situation.

Just as I was thinking, "Cool faceless just got his trophy" my jeep exploded from C4. (that guy must have been so salty to run allllll the way over there again and again to C4 me -- he tried it a couple times and each time I either killed him with the rockets or jumped out and shot him -- but that time he got me since I was distracted, haha)

good games btw.

TheSeks

Yeah, but did your pops lock the PS3 for a second? It seems mine has been locking my PS3 for like 15-30 seconds before the notification comes up. Not just in BF3 since Spec Ops: The Line did it as well. Really weird.

Evolved1

Yeah, but did your pops lock the PS3 for a second? It seems mine has been locking my PS3 for like 15-30 seconds before the notification comes up. Not just in BF3 since Spec Ops: The Line did it as well. Really weird.

I'm playing that Spec Ops game atm and it really sucks... I heard the story was good but I'm having trouble just getting through the first few missions it's so shitty and boring. Game is pure jank. Shooting guys and the way they react to bullet hits, and how they actually die quickly, is pretty fun but everything else is ZZzzZZzzzzZZzZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzz.

TheSeks

I dunno, I'm playing on Hard and liked the demo and it's more of the demo so far. I haven't gotten out of the first chapter yet to where I dunno if it goes to shit yet but it's what I expected. *shrug*

burnfout

Played for the first time on PS3 again since aftermath.

Is it me or is the performace increased big time with the latest patches?

Seems way closer to the 360 now.

Also with the lack of party chat makes the PS3 version way more communicative, met some very nice people.

waypoetic

Banned
Every server on PS3 is running the End Game DLC. Every fucking server. I can't play multiplayer because of it! Great. And i had my PS3 on the entire day just so i could download that 2+ gig patch...

What an awesome reward. Not even a single official DICE server running the vanilla-maps.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Every server on PS3 is running the End Game DLC. Every fucking server. I can't play multiplayer because of it! Great. And i had my PS3 on the entire day just so i could download that 2+ gig patch...

What an awesome reward. Not even a single official DICE server running the vanilla-maps.

It's probably because the game manually switched your server browser search filters.

Evolved1

Yeah, double check your filters... for whatever reason the patch auto-selected for all the endgame stuff.

Evolved1

CTF is soccer/hockey... and people just don't get it.

Really helps to think of the team that way and for people to play positions...

this is (roughly) how you win the game said:
NvdSupO.png

Evolved1

Our goalkeeper is Dreamgazer!

Until Dream comes back... that's pretty much been my role. I figure, I'm good defensive player when I need to be, and if the enemy can't get our flag, they can't score. And if they have our flag, we can't score. So, basically, don't let them get our flag!

I got that one assignment out of the way pretty quickly, so now I can just play goalie.

TheSeks

Every match I join is losing or lopsided teams. SMH.

I'm never going to get the paradrop IFV transport (bike?) and IFV enemy kills. NEVER. Not with stupid asses dropping on it and not using it to it's effectiveness. SMFH.

Evolved1

Every match I join is losing or lopsided teams. SMH.

I'm never going to get the paradrop IFV transport (bike?) and IFV enemy kills. NEVER. Not with stupid asses dropping on it and not using it to it's effectiveness. SMFH.

Yeah, same for me too... that one game we were just in... what the fuck. I'm so tired of carrying teams. It's just too often that me and some other gaffer have to literally do everything. My w/l has tanked lately because I'm joining all these one sided games. And usually 9/10 times I will get a good push going (and have very decent stats at the end) but it's not usually enough to squeak out a win. And then there's games like that one where we get creamed. I look at the scoreboard, have as many points as the winning team's best player, have like a 10 k/d lol and we can't even hold one flag.

Idk... what can you do there? Did everything I could. Wasn't good enough.

TheSeks

The thing is, you joined RIGHT AS WE HAD ALL FLAGS. I joined right then, waited for the paradrop for the sole purpose of getting those last two for the assignment to unlock the S-tac assignment, but some stupid ass random joined. And... you saw. See a bike coming at him, doesn't even fucking fire. Fire at it myself, dude doesn't back up to help instead goes forward and dies.

NICE, dude.

And with everyone else playing Lock-on barren desert unless you have a bike and pray they don't have lock-ons, LOLZ The Flag, there's no way in hell I'm getting it on my own. Can cap the dropship point myself only to die and the rest of the bullshit randoms don't even fucking help.

TheSeks

Well, damn. If B had put a beacon up there, I'd have attempted to attack D relentlessly with C4 instead of me attacking D relentlessly with that spawn beacon up there. *sigh* Last kill of the round was on me because the dude passed right by me and then killed me. Sucked.

Meanwhile: AA jeep kills are REQUIRED along with the other two assignments for the S-tac assignment. Fuck you, DICE. >:| Now I'm going to have to spend EVEN MORE TIME in Endgame for that to unlock and PRAY no one takes the fucking helicopter out or takes me out in a paper thin AA mobile.

Kak.efes

It's pretty satisfying watching your guided missiles zero in on guys riding their bikes, oblivious to the fact that their death is imminent.

Well, damn. If B had put a beacon up there, I'd have attempted to attack D relentlessly with C4 instead of me attacking D relentlessly with that spawn beacon up there. *sigh* Last kill of the round was on me because the dude passed right by me and then killed me. Sucked.

Meanwhile: AA jeep kills are REQUIRED along with the other two assignments for the S-tac assignment. Fuck you, DICE. >:| Now I'm going to have to spend EVEN MORE TIME in Endgame for that to unlock and PRAY no one takes the fucking helicopter out or takes me out in a paper thin AA mobile.

park far enough away from your base and stay out of a squad so randoms don't run up or spawn on you and drive off in the thing.

It's pretty satisfying watching your guided missiles zero in on guys riding their bikes, oblivious to the fact that their death is imminent.

Javelins, Mines and C4 making a big comeback in Endgame!

Mahonay

Banned
I just played my last game of the night and just went John Matrix on some mother fuckers. Had a not so great team on Noshahr Canals conquest, but I muscled through it. The enemy team were circling capture points with low flying little birds. I ended with 11 vehicles destroyed. 6 of them being helicopters. All free aimed shots. A couple with a main tank gun, and the rest with my RPG. I was running amok with my tank so they all equipped Javelin launchers to keep me out of them. Switched things up to a 870 shotgun/RPG combo and continued doing work that way.

Some games everything just works right.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/2/78467616/189104574/

Top Bottom