• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

Choppers > tanks in any situation where both are aware of each others position, and both are actively trying to destroy one another. Is this even up for debate?

I don't think this is open for debate.

1 on 1 if they both are aware of each other and the attack chopper wants to take the tank down they will do it even without a gunner. The only thing the tank driver can do is run for cover in a warehouse or tunnel.

The chopper pilot just needs to stay at medium to close range and keep enough altitude to stay out of the tank main gun angle of fire.

A good pilot like you can rain hellfire from above on tanks easily without ever getting into the tank main gun attack angle, you just need to stay high enough.

The tank gunner's machine gun can't damage a chopper fast enough to take it down first. But if we are allowing gunners into this debate the chopper gunner will rip a tank apart in seconds with regular fire and guided missiles.

Painting the chopper with the CCTV doesn't help either because the tank can't shoot guided shells at such a high attack angle. The heavy machine gun won't help either because it's attack angle is the same as the main gun.

1 on 1 at the same skill lvl. chopper will always win. Attack choppers were made to eat tanks for breakfast.

Air Superiority is basically a troll mode... you never have even teams. You get sever after server of teamstacked lop-sided games. 4 or 5 guys vs 12 on the other side. yay. so fun.
The key thing is finding a server where Air Superiority is mixed in with regular maps. The jet whores won't be on there then, or at least in far fewer numbers, and you should have a mix of skill levels. My clan's server has a rotation of 12 rounds of CTF/Rush/Conquest, followed by one round of Air Superiority, and it means that most jet whores won't bother with it. For example, this air superiority round on it last night featured two of the top three players getting zero kills (the other guy has 119 jet service stars).

If you want to get jet unlocks just ignore the other jets and cap the blimps.

Rikyfree

That fucking moment when you use a soflam to designate a target for a solid minute and nobody on your team is smart enough to think, "Hey, maybe I should get out my jav and blow that thing the fuck up!" Who knew, amiright? lol

burnfout

Not guided missiles, Guided Rocket. It has this icon:
fO77cy4.png

It's for the pilot of Attack Choppers only (not for Scout choppers), and unlocked at 51,000 points. It just upgrades your basic unguided rockets (your primary weapon as pilot) with a slight homing ability, you don't need to switch to them or anything.

I just checked Battlelog and see that you haven't unlocked them yet. In that case it just makes it trickier: use the regular unguided rockets still, you'll just need to make more passes.

As faceless said, take out the enemy chopper as the absolute first priority; once that's done you can go tank hunting. Try and dodge the jets when they make passes, unless the pilot is pretty good they're usually more of an annoyance than a threat.

Thanks, I'll keep on leveling my heli :) Man, 250 hours into this game, and I still don't know everything.

Also: easy kills on a bike :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYR6MsyNhJ4&feature=player_embedded

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That fucking moment when you use a soflam to designate a target for a solid minute and nobody on your team is smart enough to think, "Hey, maybe I should get out my jav and blow that thing the fuck up!" Who knew, amiright? lol

You should play
Rush
with me. I'd LOVE to use your SOFLAM since no one else uses it on GAF. >_>

Air Superiority is trash
AA Jeep is trash - DICE: Let's add an AA to End Game that can reach the middle of all the maps from right outside deployment. GENIUS.

Scout choppers also have guided rockets. Always the better choice than heat-seekers.
No, scout choppers (and attack choppers, and jets) have Guided Missile, and yeah it's definitely the way to go with scout choppers (great for bikes and AA jeeps, and even other choppers if someone hops in the 4th seat and designates them for you). Guided Missile has a lock on system and is defeated by smoke.

Only attack choppers get Guided Rockets. Guided rockets have no lock on system and aren't affected by smoke.

No, scout choppers (and attack choppers, and jets) have Guided Missile, and yeah it's definitely the way to go with scout choppers (great for bikes and AA jeeps, and even other choppers if someone hops in the 4th seat and designates them for you). Guided Missile has a lock on system and is defeated by smoke.

Only attack choppers get Guided Rockets. Guided rockets have no lock on system and aren't affected by smoke.

You're thinking of tv missiles, holmes.

Mikey Jr.

I have been gone from this game for a few months, but this piece of shit game still has the fucked up quick match?

Why in the holy hell is it putting me in 400 ticket, 24/7 Caspian, Argentina only custom servers?

Ughh, I just want to play Rush, with normal settings, with normal maps, with no power abusing admins...

I searched Dice, but apparently there are 91 pages of Dice servers with no one playing.

TheSeks

He uses shitty matchmaking instead of the server browser like a proper person!

*laughinggirls.jpg*

Use the server browser, dude. Then search "-[DICE]-" or "P" and thank me later.

There are people playing on those servers, you're just finding empty ones because the ones that are being played on are full and thus excluded from the search. Add some of these to your favorites and check later.

Mikey Jr.

He uses shitty matchmaking instead of the server browser like a proper person!

*laughinggirls.jpg*

There are people playing on those servers, you're just finding empty ones because the ones that are being played on are full and thus excluded from the search. Add some of these to your favorites and check later.

I did use Dice. It just said "derp, there are too many servers! Use the filter!"

But there is no filter for search....

Mikey Jr.

click analog stick.

Nope.

I go to search.

Put in dice.

Shows me 1000 servers and tells me to use filters.

Only options I see are "Show keyboard" and "back".

Clicking stick does nothing.

Also, P and "P" does nothing. P is too short, and "P" shows me jack shit.

I can see now why server browsers are superior...

Unless I'm doing something wrong.

You're thinking of tv missiles, holmes.

There seems to be a fair bit of confusion regarding the helicopter unlocks, so this might help clear it up. These are the scout chopper and attack chopper unlocks respectively:

5BwsUSg.png

eFikdWH.png

These are the unlocks, with the rocket/missile unlocks circled:

7JEqNc8.png

Ls64MYj.png

These are the unlock descriptions in Battlelog (for the attack chopper):

Heat Seekers: Heatseeking missiles launched by the pilot which lock on to and track enemy aircraft.

Guided Missile: Guided missiles launched by the helicopter gunner which lock on and track enemy land vehicles and can acquire laser-designated targets even if they are out of line-of-sight.

Guided Rocket: The pilot's rockets are equipped with semi-active guidance systems, increasing accuracy and thereby range of effectiveness.

TV Missile: TV-Guided missiles launched by the helicopter gunner which are flown by direct-feed-video.

This video explains the guided rockets and shows exactly what they do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAXOKjtDnhE&hd=1

Great games today--and it was good to play with some new people. 360GAF is on every day in one form or another, so send an FR if you want to watch me get stuck out of bounds in a tank or get some quadruple betrayals.

Great games today--and it was good to play with some new people. 360GAF is on every day in one form or another, so send an FR if you want to watch me get stuck out of bounds in a tank or get some quadruple betrayals.

Yea you dick. I was caught up in both of those, and it was 5 betrayals. Other than that, the new maps are pretty awesome. Still not sure if this pack is better than Karkand. It is definitely as good as it though.

TCRS

Banned
I'm really enjoying the new maps. The layout is just as it should be. No shitty three flags in a line layout (I'm looking at you Operation Borestorm).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I am probably going to get rid of BC2 and BF3 soon. (end of generation purge)

I hope to see PS3 BF3 GAF on BF4 on PS4. :)

I'll be there day 1.

Probably complaining about something, saying how DICE are retards, and threatening (always genuinely) to quit the game (just never sticks)... lol

TheSeks

To be fair: Have you even played with us recently No_Style? I can't recall playing with you in games since like September?

No_Style

To be fair: Have you even played with us recently No_Style? I can't recall playing with you in games since like September?

I played with Olimpia and some others earlier this year. I dropped in played & won a few matches and got my fix. I was still playing well and so was PS3 GAF ... nothing really changed so I didn't feel the need to stick with it. The thrill of victory wasn't there!

Currently playing lots of Mechwarrior: Online on PC too

Nori Chan

So after 300+ hours of this game, I finally unlocked a service star on the jet.And I'm pretty sure I'm missing like half of the vehicles when it comes with service stars.

on the bright side i have 17 stars on my recon kit too

I removed all the Multiplayer Updates up to 5. There's still a title update and some other-named one, but I imagine you can delete them, too, as the MP updates started numbering at 3.

Top Bottom