• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
what? AA jeep is like free kills all day in CQ and CTF

Problem is people stealing kills while you're in a Swiss cheese vehicle.

Dem fighting words seks.

I didn't say vehicles, Call of Duty. I said "class." Where it's true, players that have 3+ stars over their other classes generally don't play the other classes as effectively as they should. When push comes to shove (AKA: their "chosen class" isn't working) they fall apart.

Mahonay

Banned

I didn't say vehicles, Call of Duty. I said "class." Where it's true, players that have 3+ stars over their other classes generally don't play the other classes as effectively as they should. When push comes to shove (AKA: their "chosen class" isn't working) they fall apart.
The only class I have much less service stars in is Recon. I try to be rounded as possible. I'm effective with the Recon class in only a very select few situations. My talent lies in being on being in the middle of the action.

While agree players that are not rounded have less chances of contributing to their team, you don't have to master every class to be a great player. Maybe just at least half of them.

tn2007

Like I said earlier stupid shit just flows right out of your mouth. Wtf does push come to shove mean? You don't play competitive matches so how do you know how someone will perform under pressure? If your going by pub matches than you should look at yourself, Mr. I rage quit if the other team is better than me. So in a pub match when you lose you like to blame the guy that played one class and got MVP but not blame the scrubs that play all classes and do nothing, yeah makes complete sense to me.

And why didn't you say vehicles as well? I know some people that vehicle whore all the time and suck when they aren't in one. Going by your logic that makes everyone that doesn't play every class and every vehicle equally a hindrance to the team. Fuck logic when it comes to SEKS.

tn2007

The only class I have much less service stars in is Recon. I try to be rounded as possible. I'm effective with the Recon class in only a very select few situations. My talent lies in being on being in the middle of the action.

While agree players that are not rounded have less chances of contributing to their team, you don't have to master every class to be a great player. Maybe just at least half of them.

Sorry but If someone plays all classes but sucks then how are contributing more to their team? If a player is good a said class then let him play said class. I rather have a player that is a beast at one class than average at all 4. I know tons of great players that never play support or little recon and your gonna tell me they don't contribute to the team? Lol the last line was for SEKS. You really only need to master assault and engineer to be honest. Being good with different guns like PDWs/shotguns would benefit you more than playing all classes equally.

Me and Over went on a very nice win streak today.

Also pulled out my BF3 stats today, apparently I have a 1.57 W/L ratio, I'm fairly surprised.

Considering the maniacs I play with.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I am an example of how you are wrong. So is olimpia, dan and hunting
now shut up

tn2007

I am an example of how you are wrong. So is olimpia, dan and hunting
now shut up

Everyone on PS3GAF except SEKS plays one or two classes more than (3+ stars) another class. This includes faceless btw. So I guess everyone is not a team player or suck at other classes but SEKS.

Rebel Leader

Everyone on PS3GAF except SEKS plays one or two classes more than (3+ stars) another class. This includes faceless btw. So I guess everyone is not a team player or suck at other classes but SEKS.

I just prefer engineer because of the weapons

Mahonay

Banned
Sorry but If someone plays all classes but sucks then how are contributing more to their team? If a player is good a said class then let him play said class. I rather have a player that is a beast at one class than average at all 4. I know tons of great players that never play support or little recon and your gonna tell me they don't contribute to the team? Lol the last line was for SEKS. You really only need to master assault and engineer to be honest. Being good with different guns like PDWs/shotguns would benefit you more than playing all classes equally.
There are plenty of times when your team is in dire need of a particular class but there's no one currently filling that space.

Someone that is at least, say, slightly above average in every class, can fill that void and help slowly turn the tide in a rough game.

BF3 on the PC, it probably doesn't matter as much. I think the only reason it's so important on the current console version of BF3 is because of the lower player count. Much easier for your team to become deficient in a certain class.

You are definitely right about getting skilled with PDWs and shotguns though. I think that does make more of a difference. I've mastered the 870 MCS and it makes it WAY easier for me to switch up classes on the fly.

TheSeks

"Playing all 4 classes in a round" is not what I stated. Way to think what I'm saying means "every round." But hey, keep that one-class-service-star boat going, guys.

tn2007

"Playing all 4 classes in a round" is not what I stated. Way to think what I'm saying means "every round." But hey, keep that one-class-service-star boat going, guys.

How else would I get all my classes to be nice and even like the great seks? Btw I know you didn't mean every round. What I wrote was an example to depict how stupid you sounded when I read your comment on being well rounded.

Since I'm on a roll, where is all the talk about the AA jeep being OP? Every system has end game now and no one has made a big deal of it. Surely there should be an uproar over the mighty AA jeep. Trololololololol. This is directed at OdysseusVA.

TheSeks

By actually playing the roles as needed? See, I've noticed an issue where GAF lemmings toward a particular class and then forgets another. Or goes straight engineer on conquest (AKA: easy mode) and leaves assault/support alone to where I have to generally change classes.

This isn't just GAF, this is the player-base at large. When there's a particular class that is needed in that situation most people will ignore it to continue to play the one class they generally do. That's the problem.

It's something I tried to hammer into people during BC2: When you're at the respawn and you see a threat/tank, why the hell would you continue to spawn as medic unless the tank is quickly taken out?

Mahonay

Banned
By actually playing the roles as needed? See, I've noticed an issue where GAF lemmings toward a particular class and then forgets another. Or goes straight engineer on conquest (AKA: easy mode) and leaves assault/support alone to where I have to generally change classes.

This isn't just GAF, this is the player-base at large. When there's a particular class that is needed in that situation most people will ignore it to continue to play the one class they generally do. That's the problem.

It's something I tried to hammer into people during BC2: When you're at the respawn and you see a threat/tank, why the hell would you continue to spawn as medic unless the tank is quickly taken out?
As someone that can play all classes well, you just take that on with pride and kind of take it as your job to switch classes when needed and do it really well.

When I see my team constantly losing gun battles, I got Assault/medic. Everyone is hunkered down but running out of ammo? I change to Support. Tank not letting anyone get close enough for C4? Engineer. And so on.

It did take me some getting used to, but some games you're just not going to be able to run free. Sometimes you have to force yourself to really roleplay that particular class. When I force it in those rougher games, that's when it goes bad for me. I'm not immune to this problem for sure, this game can easily make you rage. I started out almost always playing engineer but I've been focusing on making myself more even.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
All classes aren't equally useful... their utility depends on the particular circumstances of a given match.

Playing metro? You really want to have a bunch of assaults, maybe a recon for the beacon, support for ammo, but engineers are a waste (there are no vehicles).

Firestorm? Team is probably going to skew toward engineer. To deal with vehicles.

Engineer is a very heavily played class, because it has high utility in most matches. Support too.

The idea that any player will have some perfect balance of classes makes me think maybe they aren't the team players. And are more concerned with profile stuff than actually doing the necessary work during a given match.

Not saying this is always the case, but I find it kind of odd that, given how classes don't have equal utility, that the "team player" would be the guy who carefully splits time between the four.

You can be well rounded and barely ever play recon... so long as when you do play recon, you're contributing to the team effort and filling whatever niche needs filling.

soooo i wanted to knock out some assignments as quick as possible... Kiasar railroad CQ. spawn as passenger in scout chopper. paradrop on C. plant AT Mines as i cap C. suicide. wait on spawn screen for IFV. spawn in IFV. FUCK, NOT THE DRIVER!!! stick it out anyway. IFV is floating down. faceless [AT MINE KILL] random. Achievment. driver heads to .. B? D? doesn't matter. irrelevant to story. so we get there and i'm like 'well, at least i can get the kill and maybe a transport vehicle destroy' as i'm scanning for enemies and dirtbikes. we see 2 enemies on mortars! the fuck guys? so i shoot and spot and he gets the kills. then like five dudes come over the hill and half of them have RPGS. ffffuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! we start shooting and stuff, and kill them and i hop out and repair. i finish repairing, hop in and as we're capping i see a dude getting on a bike to drive away. i shoot like crazy and destroy the bike. Assignment completed. Assignment completed? WAT? apparently, the AT MINE kill when i was in the passenger seat of the IFV as it was parachuting out of the plane was against an enemy IFV! MAHAHAHAAHAH! THANK YOU BASED DICE!!!

No the assignment for the AA. Stupid as bell

you mean destroy 5 air vehicles? that's what i meant. easy kills. go to the side of a map and park in a decent spot. point in air. collect kills and vehicle destroys. took me 2 games to do it, and i think i got 7 overall., 3 in 1 game 4 the next.

JJD

All classes aren't equally useful... their utility depends on the particular circumstances of a given match.

Playing metro? You really want to have a bunch of assaults, maybe a recon for the beacon, support for ammo, but engineers are a waste (there are no vehicles).

Recons are really useful on Metro, but I'd argue that we need only two to lock the enemy team on their spawn or with only one flag. One motion detector on front stairs of B and one on back stairs is all you need.

So you only need 2, everyone else should be playing assault with one guy as support giving ammo.

I really don't understand people playing engineer on Metro. If you want to rocket spam just use a M320.

indeed.

lQXtqJX.png
JFPEhnP.png

Rebel Leader

Recons are really useful on Metro, but I'd argue that we need only two to lock the enemy team on their spawn or with only one flag. One motion detector on front stairs of B and one on back stairs is all you need.

So you only need 2, everyone else should be playing assault with one guy as support giving ammo.

I really don't understand people playing engineer on Metro. If you want to rocket spam just use a M320.

I use the engine for the weapons. Such as the G53

How else would I get all my classes to be nice and even like the great seks? Btw I know you didn't mean every round. What I wrote was an example to depict how stupid you sounded when I read your comment on being well rounded.

Since I'm on a roll, where is all the talk about the AA jeep being OP? Every system has end game now and no one has made a big deal of it. Surely there should be an uproar over the mighty AA jeep. Trololololololol. This is directed at OdysseusVA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AcIMqIP77U

Why shouldn't you be the one to change classes? That's exactly what you're asking others to do. Or are you really the one who only wants to play the role you're best at?

I think I'm a well-rounded player. I'm not in the pantheon of some here but, eh, I do alright.

RHYclTM.png

I usually start rounds as an engineer to plant mines and take out the more-aggressive vehicles. When I die I'll join my squad as an assault for health packs and revives, and usually at some point I'll get swapped and revived by a support class and I'll toss ammo and plant claymores. If we pin them back to their spawn I'll switch to recon. I don't play recon that often, but I can do what the job entails (I much preferred the recon class in BC2. The sensor grenades, mortars and the GOL made that role a joy). I'm not very good at remembering what the squad perk symbols are, so I have each of my classes carry a different, permanent one.

so anyway... updated!

to play online you need:

Battlefield 3 Title Update (201MB)

Multiplayer Update 6 (2.0GB)

and to play certain expansion maps you need:

Battlefield 3 Update (2.1GB) = Back To Karkand

Multiplayer Update 3 (2.4GB) = Close Quarters

Armored Kill (1.6GB) = Armored Kill

Aftermath (1.6GB) = Aftermath

End Game (1.8GB) = End Game

Thanks Faceless, I assume that will be updated in the OP. Been away from home for the past week, but I'm assuming that there won't be any more updates of any kind to BF3, so I want to have correct stuff on the hard drive once I download the latest update and End Game.

so anyway... updated!

to play online you need:

Need to know if this is PS3 or Xbox info before I update the OP.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Xbox 360. pretty sure you can't delete individual PS3 updates like that. expansions i guess, but not the updates.

Not even expansions as far as I can tell... all the "game data" is stored in one big blob. All or nothing.

To delete Close Quarters, you'd have to delete all of it and redownload just the stuff you wanted to keep. As far as I can tell.

Hopefully they sort that out for PS4... cause it's extremely dumb.

Not even expansions as far as I can tell... all the "game data" is stored in one big blob. All or nothing.

To delete Close Quarters, you'd have to delete all of it and redownload just the stuff you wanted to keep. As far as I can tell.

Hopefully they sort that out for PS4... cause it's extremely dumb.

hhahahaha, good thing i like CQDM!

WoodWERD

so anyway... updated!

to play online you need:

My amigos and I took a BF3 break when BO2 hit, and I'm ready to come back. (F COD!!) Are all the map packs worth it? I want to say we have CQ already and are primarily conquest players.

I need more details stat!!!

I still have one more to go too :(

Epicenter. CQ. A Flag.

other team had no flags left after losing D so a bunch of them ran there from their spawn. i waited and watched as the flag went neutral. and then waited until the flag was almost capped. then BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE and the score just kept rolling. and then when i thought it would stop, it didn't. funniest part is when i ran upstairs to plant more C4 another guy was already reviving them and i gunned like 4 down with my LMG before getting killed... also had a 4 person multi-kill the game before. thank you based 24/7 Epicenter server!

Spike6663

I've run out of friends still playing this. If anyone else wants to play some Endgame this afternoon on 360 (UK) then add me - Spiiike.

Top Bottom