• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

burnfout

Yeah that Rush game was funny. Lostsupper and me were trying to break through on the left. I was going recon, placing TUGS and a spawn beacon in the crates, trying to be all sneaky....

And then you in chopper cut through their defenses like a knife trough butter, and we didn't have to shit anymore lol.

sQEXzXUl.png

By the way Ody, your friendlist is full :)

So how enjoyable is CTF and Rush on the new maps?

I don't care for conquest, even though Over was adamant on playing 5 flag wake island the other day, much to my dismay.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is my favorite expansion, I love the maps, in conquest, rush, and CTF!

It's an okay one. But favorite? That's kinda stretching it, don't you think?

Now Back to Karkand... if they tweaked Wake Island to match 1943 (1942?)'s version and changed conquest to a run for the border mode... that would easily be my favorite.

I can play Rush Oman forever.

TheSeks

Only kit worth using
#ComeAtMeBro

Tell me, Mr. Recon: Sniper or In-your-face, that's the difference.

I don't think I've ever gone nearly two minutes in the chopper without someone attempting to take me down. Especially in rush, that's crazy.

360 players are THEY SEND BABIES TO FIGHT ME babby casuals, confirmed?

I still love you, 360 players, but get on the #winning team.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
360GAF, remember the Rush match on Pipeline where we were getting stuffed on the last m-com and I was all like "I got this"? Then we had a really clutch return on CTF? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMHdf8OefoY

Good job on taking out the enemy chopper straightaway... kind of weird that the rest of the team never shot at you after that. Not one lock.

Must be nice lol.

Solid piloting though... you guys should come join us on PS4. We can all be friends.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That video (first gameplay I've seen of 360 gaf) shows:

• they play the objective
  • they prioritize targets
  • they communicate enemy position
  • they coordinate infantry+armor/air vehicles
They can play with me any time.

Kak.efes

The scout chopper on Nebandan Flats, if utilized correctly, can be a huge momentum turner in CTF. You can use the warehouse in the middle of the map as cover, and just rain down death on anything that attempts to cross onto your side of the map (since it's so easy to spot everything). Went 35-2 yesterday doing just that. Engineers with javelins can be equally as effective if you drop them off on the roof of the warehouse. It's a great spot for SOFLAM's too.

TheSeks

Oh my god, I hate the SOFLAM on the barn in Flats. SO ANNOYING.

@Evolved: WHOOSH.

if Sony confirms that online play will stay free and MS confirms that online play will remain paid, i am confident that many 360 GAF Battlefield players will flip sides.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Overdoziz

Banned
if Sony confirms that online play will stay free and MS confirms that online play will remain paid, i am confident that many 360 GAF Battlefield players will flip sides.
That's not what will make me switch. If they force shit like kinect and drm on me I'll definitely switch, though. Hell, if the next Xbox doesn't have recording feature I'll probably go for the ps4 anyway.

TheSeks

Live wasn't worth it after they killed the OG X-box Live.

I can't play Phantom Dust anymore? Well, fuck you, too... MS.

That video (first gameplay I've seen of 360 gaf) shows:

• they play the objective
  • they prioritize targets
  • they communicate enemy position
  • they coordinate infantry+armor/air vehicles

All true.

I don't want a Kinect in my house; PS4 will have party chat. I'll see you on PS4, Evolved. I'm farily confident the rest of 360GAF will do the same.

Danny 117

LMAO since when did ads appear on the bottom right of the screen?
Just got one for the tiger woods 14 demo. It disappeared after 10 seconds but still!

That's not what will make me switch. If they force shit like kinect and drm on me I'll definitely switch, though. Hell, if the next Xbox doesn't have recording feature I'll probably go for the ps4 anyway.

yeah, DAT SHARE BUTTON will get people to switch too.

"guys... oh my god"
'what?'
"did you just see that?"
'well, i saw you get a lot of kills in the HUD, what happened?'
"check my share after we're done. it's amazing."

blahness

All true.

I don't want a Kinect in my house; PS4 will have party chat. I'll see you on PS4, Evolved. I'm farily confident the rest of 360GAF will do the same.

Yeah, I am leaning PS4 for BF4 if they can do large party chat. Will probably have a nextbox as well later on.

TheSeks

in your face :(

Sounds like you'd do just fine with Assault or Support as well.

People high in one class in terms of service stars turn out to be pretty weak players when push comes to shove, from my experience.

Fuck that AA jeep assignment. Will never touch again.

Now I have to do the Ifv assignments. Any tips?

what? AA jeep is like free kills all day in CQ and CTF

IFV assignment is just capping the paradrop flag, suiciding and camping the spawn screen.

then you roll out and do the kill/destroys at your leisure.

Top Bottom