• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

There needs to be a machine gun only version of air superiority. With no practical way of dodging heat seekers without flairs the gameplay just feels too "automatic."

Kak.efes

We got paired up with shit players tonight for those Rush games. I hate randoms and random disconnects.

Dude, why weren't you blasting the M-COM in that Kharg round? I was flying low to make sure you had a good vantage. There were a handful of guys disarming with zero tickets left. I killed a few, but I needed to reload, and that's when they got it.

Anyways, I still had a good time.

It seemed like there were very few servers available tonight (yes, even non-Seine ones). We were constantly losing connection to games. Was this happening for anyone else?

There needs to be a machine gun only version of air superiority. With no practical way of dodging heat seekers without flairs the gameplay just feels too "automatic."

Yeah i love the jets but it's difficult to survive for very long and the beeping is incessant.

I feel there needs to be more done to mix up the teams, to many times last night i joined dice servers where one team is filled with prestige 100 people and the other is filled with those with less than prestige one.

I know it's not always a good judge of skill but it does show a level of understanding of the game.

Is there even a trueskill mechanic in place?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It's like using a corked bat as a baseball player. Your using something that is modded to give you an unfair advantage over everyone else.

My internet give me a unfair advantage.

Having EU players go to US servers gives US an unfair advantage

Using mics agianst a team who doesn't gives a unfair advantage

Playing the maps 2 weeks before those who don't have premium gives a unfair advantage

Me in a tank gives me a unfair advantage =3

Me using a turtle beach headset gives me a unfair advantage.

=D

tn2007

it's nothing like using a corked bat.

Sport of Baseball = consoles. Bat = console controllers. Xim edge= corked bat.

Playing the maps 2 weeks before those who don't have premium gives a unfair advantage

=D

I guess it's ok to use macros and use aimbots according to your logic. The last two points you made don't matter because your scared to play me 1v1 in a tank and you never use your mic for anything useful :p Do you use a kb/m by the way? Why don't you guys explain why it's ok to use a xim edge?

Rebel Leader

Sport of Baseball = consoles. Bat = console controllers. Xim edge= corked bat.

I guess it's ok to use macros and use aimbots according to your logic. The last two points you made don't matter because your scared to play me 1v1 in a tank and you never use your mic for anything useful :p Do you use a kb/m by the way? Why don't you guys explain why it's ok to use a xim edge?

I have killed you a couple of times.
A mouse/controller requires effort, a aimbot doesn't.
I do use a kb/m on counter Strike: GO(ps3), would use it on BF is possible.

Why don't you guys explain why it's ok to use a xim edge?

Because I don't care

tn2007

]I have killed you a couple of times.[/b]
A mouse/controller requires effort, a aimbot doesn't.
I do use a kb/m on counter Strike: GO(ps3), would use it on BF is possible.

Because I don't care

You want a cookie? A couple of times lol.

Aimbot requires effort. Like purchasing it, installing it, using it. What about macros? Is it ok for me to use those?

If this was the case of plugging in a mouse and keyboard than I would be fine with it. But the Xim edge goes further and allows you to make adjustments/refinements to allow for the most precise controls. So your going further the on controls wise than what is allowed in the game. If your using a Xim IMO your using it for an advantage and not because of what is more comfortable to use.

By the way I prefer mouse and keyboard over a controller. Hence why I prefer PC battlefield over consoles.

JJD

=D

That's so true...

At least on my case. Damn, I would pay top dollar for latin american servers.

olimpia84

Dude, why weren't you blasting the M-COM in that Kharg round? I was flying low to make sure you had a good vantage. There were a handful of guys disarming with zero tickets left. I killed a few, but I needed to reload, and that's when they got it.

Anyways, I still had a good time.

I killed at least 10 people in the vicinity of the mcom including some that were disarming. No idea how somebody ended up disarming it.

Hoo-doo

Banned
So, EA gifted me a free copy of BF3 after the whole SimCity fiasco. I have been playing the multiplayer for a few hours and I fucking love it.

There's a sale going on for BF3 premium on Origin right now which would give me all the expansions and DLC for 25 EUR. Worth it, yes/no? I mean, that's like 20 maps.

olimpia84

So, EA gifted me a free copy of BF3 after the whole SimCity fiasco. I have been playing the multiplayer for a few hours and I fucking love it.

There's a sale going on for BF3 premium on Origin right now which would give me all the expansions and DLC for 25 EUR. Worth it, yes/no? I mean, that's like 20 maps.

If you're enjoying the game then I'd say yes, Premium offers tons of added content

Sajjaja

I just bought the Premium Edition for PS3 D: It'll be here in 5-7 days......

I don't know if I made the right decision D: Hold me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I just bought the Premium Edition for PS3 D: It'll be here in 5-7 days......

I don't know if I made the right decision D: Hold me.

When you get the game... search for an empty server. Screw around in it and get comfortable with how to drive vehicles and how some of the basic stuff works. Especially which control configs you prefer. For instance, I use different controls for the helos.

When you go do live-action... do not try to pilot vehicles right away. Unlike the starting weapons, you are at a huge disadvantage as a perk-less player in the vehicles.

The best way to level yourself some perks for the vehicles as a new player is to jump in as a gunner. Once you have the basic stuff, won't take long as a gunner, then you will be on more equal ground against the other vehicle pilots.

Not having optics on most guns really sucks. No way around that. But the starting guns are pretty good. You have most of the stuff you need to be effective infantry player. To get some of the low-hanging fruit quickly, help take objectives in CQ, that will level your class and get those semi-necessary unlocks.

At least most people you play with will have squad perks... so you'll get the bleed from those until you have your own.

Anyway... the game is quite enjoyable. There is a lot of content and a big userbase, so it should be worth the money. Game has legs, at least.

Btw... single player suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. be advised.

Rebel Leader

Submarines in MP wat wat wat

"marco.."

"POLO MOTHERFUCKER!"

Yep, I couldn't even get through the BF3 campaign, bored to tears.

Didn't like them in BC games either.

They should really just focus on MP.

XzHhsaL.gif

JJD

So if the rumors are true BF4 will have a map called Xizhimen, which is actually a real subway station on Beijing, China!

Metro 2.0!!! Take that haters! Lol!

Some maps rumored to return from BF2:

Dalian Plant
Daqing Oilfields
Great Wall of China
Wake Island (again Dice?)

Can't wait for the reveal!

So if the rumors are true BF4 will have a map called Xizhimen, which is actually a real subway station on Beijing, China!

Metro 2.0!!! Take that haters! Lol!

Some maps rumored to return from BF2:

Dalian Plant
Daqing Oilfields
Great Wall of China
Wake Island (again Dice?)

Can't wait for the reveal!

You know a few maps from BF3 are from real locations right.

Top Bottom