• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Ketch

So I finally forwarded the ports that they posted from way back when. Hopefully this will alleviate some of my lag issues.

Dreamgazer said:
THAT UNDESERVING CASPIN LOST.
fuck useless air vehicles, especially jets

Yea I feel the same way about the jets, but they're just too much fun to not play with. I try to focus on enemy choppers and tanks, but the jets move so damn fast that it's hard to hit those slowmoving/stationary targets... Hopefully the anti-ground heat seekers will help. I also really try to fight the urge to fly if we are getting beaten, but thankfully that doesn't happen too often.

However, there have been times when I've successfully used the jets to shutdown all the enemy air craft. It's easiest on firestorm, just circle around from B to A to their runway and take out anything that tries to take off. It's only really happened to great effect 2 or 3 times, but I know that at least taking out the choppers helps.

The Faceless Master said:
you don't see a visual pulse on the minimap, but there's an audible pinging noise when it pulses. there's also a ping noise for the spawn beacon.

oh man sometimes the pinging noise can get pretty hideous when there are 3 motion mines and 5 spawn beacons in one warehouse guarding an MCOM :D

red731

AkimbO_Arcana said:
Is anyone up for coop?

Trying to do "Drop'em like liquid" witch randoms made me shed hope in humanity...

PSN: AkimbOxLUCx

I will send you a msg tomorrow. I don't have time today.
I am totaly down for some coop.

sneaky and silent edit: I will get Red Dead Redemption on Monday(Tuesday at most) so if anyone wants to play some coop or do fun stuff in MP let me know via PM or add me and send msg via PSN.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AkimbO_Arcana said:
Is anyone up for coop?

Trying to do "Drop'em like liquid" witch randoms made me shed hope in humanity...

PSN: AkimbOxLUCx

On hard? I won't do hard. And I'll take all the right sided dudes if you take the left sided dudes and hit them in the head to where we don't get runners. Cool? :/

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
Yep, last visual look and rank name. After that there are 100 stars you can add to your rank so technically 145 is the maximum!

WTF. They said they raised the cap and had more visuals specifically because of people like you!

TheSeks said:
On hard? I won't do hard. And I'll take all the right sided dudes if you take the left sided dudes and hit them in the head to where we don't get runners. Cool? :/

I don't see what's the point of not doing drop them like liquid on hard.

The actual battle portions of the missions is short and you'll get more points that way.

Bruiserk

Mikey, we need to do coop next weekend. Engineer class feels incomplete even though we have a service star. I also want to try the Rex. (which is a coop unlock right?)

ShaneB

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
I don't see what's the point of not doing drop them like liquid on hard.

The actual battle portions of the missions is short and you'll get more points that way.

Runners are easier to take down in Drop 'Em Like Liquid on easy. But frankly, you shouldn't be getting "runners."

I still need mission 3/4/5's co-op achievements, BTW.

Miggytronz

ShaneB said:
Gah, I knew I remember reading issues with this.

First thing I always do with games is install them. Guess I'll be uninstalling this until it's fixed.

The game runs surprisingly good off disk. Renders come in a bit faster and texture imo look better.

Rawker

requested to join platoon, PSN RawkerOne

should have a headset next week, been playing since 1942 days on pc. looking forward to playing with people who care rather then randoms.

TheSeks

MiniBossBattle said:
Oh snap, realized I got my 6 kills in an air vehicle. I was flying/avoiding the ground to even notice I got it.

SMH.

Tawpgun

Jets need a much stronger main cannon. Or at least on the A10 and frogfoot. The fucking A10 gun is supposed to rip through tanks. Splash damage would help.

The rocket pods are just as useless as the main cannon too. Those guided missles better be good.

EA CODE GIVEAWAY (seperate from the contest) just because I'm having lunch and this bottle is next to me!

QUOTE TO SEE
Not for lurkers
Leave a message if you claimed it.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
EA CODE GIVEAWAY (seperate from the contest) just because I'm having lunch and this bottle is next to me!

QUOTE TO SEE

Leave a message if you claimed it.

You know, if you have Dr. Pepper so much you could send it to me. ;)

Ketch

A27 Tawpgun said:
Jets need a much stronger main cannon. Or at least on the A10 and frogfoot. The fucking A10 gun is supposed to rip through tanks. Splash damage would help.

The rocket pods are just as useless as the main cannon too. Those guided missles better be good.

+1

Just now on firestorm I took out both sets of enemy jets twice before I could finally get a run on a helicopter and a tank... two strafing runs and the enemy jets were back up so it's back to fighting off those guys for another 5 minutes. Really frustrating because I was obviously better then their pilots but because it takes so long to kill anything with the damn gun you need to be MUCH better in order to get rid of them quickly.

And then with the weak ass cannon your limited shots on actual useful targets are pretty much meaningless because you can't even take down a tank with 3 sometimes 4 seconds of continuous fire.

With the amount of time I've put into the jets, and with the noticeable increase in my piloting skills it would be really nice if I could use them to contribute to the team.

Also, the port forwarding suggested by dice has made no noticeable difference in my lag... still there, still annoying as shit.

TheSeks

MiniBossBattle said:
You have my rotor blade, I could always use a co-pilot/gunner.

I would already have it if Bruiserk didn't cockblock my last kill because HEY THERE'S A TANK OVER THERE AND THE ONE SOME DUDE POPPED OUT OF BECAUSE YOU DISABLED IT IS BEHIND ME. TROLLOLOLOLOL. :|

TheSeks said:
I would already have it if Bruiserk didn't cockblock my last kill because HEY THERE'S A TANK OVER THERE AND THE ONE SOME DUDE POPPED OUT OF BECAUSE YOU DISABLED IT IS BEHIND ME. TROLLOLOLOLOL. :|

Lol, I only mentioned my ribbon because of your ranting a page back.

EasyTGT said:
Guess it's already been claimed... nobody said so though.

I hate it when that shit happens.

I think I'm just going to do a random number generator bases on posts and pm offers of codes to whoever it lands on.

Bruiserk

TheSeks said:

You sound a little mad. As of right now I have acquired my ribbon (got it yesterday) and Mikey's. I can help you tonight if you are playing. I have more confidence in a heli now, capping flags in it is super fun.

meppi

Bruiserk said:
You sound a little mad. As of right now I have acquired my ribbon (got it yesterday) and Mikey's. I can help you tonight if you are playing. I have more confidence in a heli now, capping flags in it is super fun.
Don't worry about it, he'll keep whining and bitching about it for at least another year or two.
Why do you think so many people just ignore him?

TheSeks said:

Sure, cool. I haven't even beaten it on easy yet, because no one had a headset and it's rather difficult to time the shots before the bus scene without communicating.
Oh wait, one guy was speaking and capable of playing the game but than he started to tell me what he was thinking about the black community in his hometown and i had to get out of there asap!

so, add me :) I'm down for easy, normal, whatever.

AkimbO_Arcana said:
Sure, cool. I haven't even beaten it on easy yet, because no one had a headset and it's rather difficult to time the shots before the bus scene without communicating.

so, add me :) I'm down for easy, normal, whatever.

lol.
Just so you know, Seks has a physical disability that impairs him from understanding verbal language. So he never uses mics anyway. The two of us got through the mission relying on visual communication + intuition only...

so not, you don't really need a headest for it.

Although I would imagine ninja (mission 3) would be hard without oral communication.

Dreamgazer said:
lol.
Just so you know, Seks has a physical disability that impairs him from understanding verbal language. So he never uses mics anyway. The two of us got through the mission relying on visual communication + intuition only...

so not, you don't really need a headest for it.

Although I would imagine ninja (mission 3) would be hard without oral communication.

yeah it's doable. I came pretty far with a 'no mic'. Still, it's nice to count to three and place two headshots simultaneously ;)

Xux

Dreamgazer said:
THAT UNDESERVING CASPIN LOST.
fuck useless air vehicles, especially jets
I was wondering what everyone was doing that round. Felt like me and my squad mate's ring around the rosey in tanks wasn't doing that much.

paskowitz

What is a good win/loss ratio? And what is a good score per minute? With KDR basically irrelevant, I have no magic numbers to define excellence.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TheSeks said:

Assuming I don't crash into a lamppost coming off the carrier... 0_o ...everyone who rides shotgun w/ me has gotten the pin.

I'd be willing to help you out, but it's very difficult to get into a chopper these days with a friend in a server full of smurfs... so that takes some patience/luck.

I disable vehicles very quickly and (let) the gunner finish them off. On either Caspian or the beach map (forget the name) air warfare pin is a lock pretty much every time.

paskowitz said:
What is a good win/loss ratio? And what is a good score per minute? With KDR basically irrelevant, I have no magic numbers to define excellence.

W/L is one of those things that really comes from playing with friends (though there are some merc gaffers who maintain a very high ratio -- much harder to do) but I guess anything positive is good. Means you at least win more than lose. But it's not the best metric to evaluate personal skill.

I'd say SPM is probably the best stat to measure skill in BF3. And I'd say anything in the 280 - 300+ range is an indication of strong, capable play. I'm not the best gaffer but I always stay "busy" and it seems 300ish is about what you get for keeping involved in the match/trying to take objectives.

paskowitz

Evolved1 said:
W/L is one of those things that really comes from playing with friends (though there are some merc gaffers who maintain a very high ratio -- much harder to do) but I guess anything positive is good. Means you at least win more than lose. But it's not the best metric to evaluate personal skill.

I'd say SPM is probably the best stat to measure skill in BF3. And I'd say anything in the 280 - 300+ range is an indication of strong, capable play. I'm not the best gaffer but I always stay "busy" and it seems 300ish is about what you get for keeping involved in the match/trying to take objectives.

Thanks. I feel like I am decent. W/L: 1.8, SPM: 376, KDR: 1.7. I think accuracy at 17.8% is a bit low though. I only just started playing with GAF and friends. Also I am coming straight off of BLOPS, it has been a bit of an adjustment.

Ketch

K:D can still be a valuable stat, especially when playing conquest. If you can take 20+ tickets from the enemy while only loosing in the single digits yourself that is a huge factor. And even if you went 6:0 in a helicopter, if those 6 where all enemy tanks then it's still really good contribution.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
it's not hard to get 6 air vehicle kills, just fly a chopper and kill stuff! i did it all by myself...

Yes, but doing that with heat seekers and other things is terrible and I rather focus on kills than not crashing and not getting shot down.

Dreamgazer said:

Evolved and I attempted it with taking sides and me taking the shot first. It seemed to work against the first set, never got the attempt to the second since his connection crapped out due to snow and we haven't attempted it since.

You around to play co-op? :D?

Bruiserk said:
>>U MAD<<

LandoHeMad.jpg

So very mad I didn't get that. >:|

Woorloog

Banned
oldschoolpinball said:
im home from work so if anyone wants some 360 multiaction add me.. tdf213. i mostly play support
I'll be sending a request tomorrow, my GT is Empyrus. Or if you're faster, send one for me.

rdrr gnr

I'd say there is an objective measure of what is considered "good" stats.

K/D: 1.0+
Win/Loss: 1.0+
SPM: Whatever the average is. So like 300 or better?

These stats are often more indicative of play-style in relation to game-type than they are of anything else. If I choose to camp one flag (say D on Kharg Island) and I stay there the entire game and prevent the other team from capping it, but in exchange I only got 4 kills / 2 deaths and say 1500 points, are those "bad" stats?

So...guys?

When I'm in the lobby with a group, with the countdown moving us towards another game. I've played four or five games and it's time to quit...

...how do I go back to the title screen?

On the 360 here. I must be missing something...

TheSeks

bigdaddygamebot said:
So...guys?

When I'm in the lobby with a group, with the countdown moving us towards another game. I've played four or five games and it's time to quit...

...how do I go back to the title screen?

On the 360 here. I must be missing something...

You have to wait until the next map loads or quit to dashboard. Yes, it's the stupid and it's been there since BC1. No, DICE probably never will fix it. dealwithit.gif

Also got Mission 4's co-op achievement done. This leaves the tandem shots left. FFS DICE, why is it so hard?

Top Bottom